bigelowb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigelowb

Good deal. The only problem I have with this is that Sears garage furniture is notoriously poorly packaged. I once ordered a total of 6 pieces (some similar to this offer) from Sears. The shipper was supposed to get a signature, but just dropped them in my driveway while I was at work and took off. Every piece was seriously damaged and the packaging was shredded. Sears wanted me to repackage the items and be home for a shipping company to pick them up. I balked at having to pay for repackaging, the time it would take me to do it, and at having to take time off from work to meet a shipper. Sears and I fought about this for months, then I got the BBB involved. End result was after nearly 6 months I got my refund of nearly $1000 and Sears asked me to dispose of the items, which I did at the local landfill. Moral of the story: don't buy Sears garage furniture unless you can have it shipped to store and inspect it before accepting it.

cash68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cash68

This is crap. Trust me, I spent a lot of time looking at toolboxes before I bought one. This does NOT have ball bearing slides; the drawers work fine until you load them up with weight, and then they feel awful.

Advice? Go to harbor freight. Look at the red thick metal model. Great box, great quality everywhere. This Craftsman one is just cheap lima beans with a craftsman badge stuck on it, if it didn't have that badge people would see it for the garbage that it is. Also, right after Xmas you can get this same size box at sear, WITH ball bearing slides and more features, for less money.

DustyRange

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DustyRange

I've had this same tool box and cabinet for many years, I bought it in about 1990. I use it every day. I'm a machinist and its the best tool box I ever had, holds lots of weight. Its indestrucable. It was also about 800 dollars back then.

busbusby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages busbusby

mungraker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mungraker

I have one of these that was new about 10 years ago, I got it for free because I allowed Craftsman to use a testimony about another one of their products. I have moved it from Arizona to Minnesota to Colorado and easily 3 times in each state. It still looks and works great.

mungraker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mungraker

You had me until "harbor freight"

cash68 wrote:This is crap. Trust me, I spent a lot of time looking at toolboxes before I bought one. This does NOT have ball bearing slides; the drawers work fine until you load them up with weight, and then they feel awful.

Advice? Go to harbor freight. Look at the red thick metal model. Great box, great quality everywhere. This Craftsman one is just cheap lima beans with a craftsman badge stuck on it, if it didn't have that badge people would see it for the garbage that it is. Also, right after Xmas you can get this same size box at sear, WITH ball bearing slides and more features, for less money.

tehgargoth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehgargoth

Anyone know if this comes with the drawer liners as pictured?

Goontz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goontz
tehgargoth wrote:Anyone know if this comes with the drawer liners as pictured?

It does not come with drawer liners.

tomonline976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomonline976

The harbor fright red tool boxes and much better quality than these current craftsman boxes. You want the red quality craftsman from years ago? You shell out 700-800 bucks now. The harbor freight one i purchased was 300 bucks, has nice strudy draws and even came with the draw pads for nothing extra. Go to both stores and see the difference. The craftsman tool chests are pure junk now. Sad too i have an older one and love it.

fromcincinnati wrote:I've been looking at roll-aways/tool chests at Home Depot and Harbor Freight. This has more drawers and is cheaper than both stores; hopefully Craftsman will also be better quality. I'm in for one.

yoyoma1109

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoyoma1109

I bought one and it just arrived today. Woot sent me two of the top pieces and none of the bottom ones...

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

yoyoma1109 wrote:I bought one and it just arrived today. Woot sent me two of the top pieces and none of the bottom ones...

Ack, I'm sorry about that- if you haven't already, email into support@woot.com and we'll get you fixed up!

Lemmy69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lemmy69
yoyoma1109 wrote:I bought one and it just arrived today. Woot sent me two of the top pieces and none of the bottom ones...

Mine arrived on Monday and guess what? They shipped me 2 bottom cabinets. I reached out to Woot immediately that evening to get this resolved and have not heard a word from them yet.

You don't live in the Chicagoland area do you?

agingdragqueen

Staff

Lemmy69 wrote:Mine arrived on Monday and guess what? They shipped me 2 bottom cabinets. I reached out to Woot immediately that evening to get this resolved and have not heard a word from them yet.

You don't live in the Chicagoland area do you?

I am really sorry about that. We should be responding within 1-2 business days, although it is also possible we need to research the issue further before replying if this is a problem affecting a chunk of our customers.

Lemmy69

agingdragqueen wrote:I am really sorry about that. We should be responding within 1-2 business days, although it is also possible we need to research the issue further before replying if this is a problem affecting a chunk of our customers.

Have you verified whether any other customers have been affected (other than myself and the 1 other customer who reported above)? Note that one of us received 2 top tool chests (no bottom chest) and one of us received 2 bottom chests (no top chest). I have not received an email response since I reported this 3 days ago (other than your post yesterday). What is being done to resolve?

agingdragqueen

Staff

Lemmy69 wrote:Have you verified whether any other customers have been affected (other than myself and the 1 other customer who reported above)? Note that one of us received 2 top tool chests (no bottom chest) and one of us received 2 bottom chests (no top chest). I have not received an email response since I reported this 3 days ago (other than your post yesterday). What is being done to resolve?

Lemme check in with CS. To my knowledge only you two, but they will know if they've received other complaints.

I'm very sorry for the lack of response so far.

bobawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobawoot

I received one bottom, but no top. I have a support ticket open, but haven't heard back yet.

agingdragqueen wrote:Lemme check in with CS. To my knowledge only you two, but they will know if they've received other complaints.

I'm very sorry for the lack of response so far.

agingdragqueen

Staff

bobawoot wrote:I received one bottom, but no top. I have a support ticket open, but haven't heard back yet.

I'm definitely sorry. I just checked in with CS and they are answering anyone who's complaining about this- but they told me they suddenly got swamped this morning. I'll pass along you guys from this thread and make sure they get to y'all ASAP.

yoyoma1109

Appreciate the escalation...still no response a couple of days after submitting my ticket...

CAS-XXX

agingdragqueen wrote:I'm definitely sorry. I just checked in with CS and they are answering anyone who's complaining about this- but they told me they suddenly got swamped this morning. I'll pass along you guys from this thread and make sure they get to y'all ASAP.

[mod edit- removed case number for privacy, your info has been sent over to CS]

vwholder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vwholder

Just un-boxed this first Woot! purchase. Bottom unit has corner damage and the drawer fronts are all bent on the sides. My 15 yr old Craftsman box is much better quality. Since I paid only $250, the cosmetic issues are not worth the hassle of returning and refunding. You get what you pay for in this case. I likely would not have purchased had I got a "hands-on" look at the unit.

agingdragqueen

Staff

vwholder wrote:Just un-boxed this first Woot! purchase. Bottom unit has corner damage and the drawer fronts are all bent on the sides. My 15 yr old Craftsman box is much better quality. Since I paid only $250, the cosmetic issues are not worth the hassle of returning and refunding. You get what you pay for in this case. I likely would not have purchased had I got a "hands-on" look at the unit.

Hey, I am sorry about that- go ahead and write into complain: support@woot.com (with photos if you can). I know we're trying to give some concessions via the vendor.

Update on the two tops/two bottoms problem
SO, I got some more clarification on this issue- right now we're checking in with the vendor to make sure they're set up to get returns and have the right replacements available. We'll be getting back with all affected customers ASAP but it looks like the holiday weekend is screwing up communication. I'll post updates as we get them, but I know how frustrating this situation is and I'm super sorry.

yoyoma1109

Any update on the missing bottom half of my order?

agingdragqueen wrote:Hey, I am sorry about that- go ahead and write into complain: support@woot.com (with photos if you can). I know we're trying to give some concessions via the vendor.

SO, I got some more clarification on this issue- right now we're checking in with the vendor to make sure they're set up to get returns and have the right replacements available. We'll be getting back with all affected customers ASAP but it looks like the holiday weekend is screwing up communication. I'll post updates as we get them, but I know how frustrating this situation is and I'm super sorry.

Lemmy69

agingdragqueen wrote:Hey, I am sorry about that- go ahead and write into complain: support@woot.com (with photos if you can). I know we're trying to give some concessions via the vendor.

How about an update on the top half of my order?

agingdragqueen

Staff

Lemmy69 wrote:How about an update on the top half of my order?

Checking back in on both yours & yoyoma1109's orders. I haven't heard anything yet.

yoyoma1109

Still nothing?

agingdragqueen wrote:Checking back in on both yours & yoyoma1109's orders. I haven't heard anything yet.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

yoyoma1109 wrote:Still nothing?

I haven't seen any responding emails from Woot Member Services although they have notified us that folks who were affected should rewrite into support@woot.com.
They should be able to further explain the situation and help find a resolve.

yoyoma1109

We are supposed to write in again? So they just dropped our initial help requests?

ROGETRAY wrote:I haven't seen any responding emails from Woot Member Services although they have notified us that folks who were affected should rewrite into support@woot.com.
They should be able to further explain the situation and help find a resolve.

badorf18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badorf18

Very disappointed with my purchase, all the drawer sides are bent. The box showed no dents, rips, etc. More than likely it was a manufacturing issue. I have another one in my home and have never seen this issue from Craftsman. Not sure if I will order from Woot again due to this issue. I have taken pictures related to these issues but did not see a way to upload them (according to Woot website), "the image you display must already be available on the Internet (it cannot exist only on your computer, for example, unless you run a webserver!)" (http://www.woot.com/forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx#showing-images-or-videos-in-posts).

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

badorf18 wrote:Very disappointed with my purchase, all the drawer sides are bent. The box showed no dents, rips, etc. More than likely it was a manufacturing issue. I have another one in my home and have never seen this issue from Craftsman. Not sure if I will order from Woot again due to this issue. I have taken pictures related to these issues but did not see a way to upload them (according to Woot website), "the image you display must already be available on the Internet (it cannot exist only on your computer, for example, unless you run a webserver!)" (http://www.woot.com/forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx#showing-images-or-videos-in-posts).

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your purchase.

If you're wanting to upload your pictures, please contact support@woot.com and attached the images to the email you send them.
They'll be able to answer any questions you have about your order and any concerns you might have.

badorf18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badorf18

Thanks for the information. I emailed them directly from my email (with pictures attached) today, due to no response from the issue I filed on June 5th. Was sent a generated email with case number after it (on 06/05), but nothing from them since. Also Woot sent another generated email with another case number after I sent the email today.

06/13/14: Received an e-mail in regards to the matter, offered a slight refund or to return the order with shipping label provided by them for a full refund. Due to the frustration of this process I have opted for the slight refund. Will keep community posted on when it is received.

06/16/14: Received a slight refund today. Although communication is lacking on the CS end, I am glad this chapter is closed.

ewootwhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewootwhite

No troubles here - mine arrived timely and in good shape (one tiny dent on the lip of the bottom section, but not worth worrying about). Love the toolbox, exactly what I needed. Great value.