zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Sony STAMINA PLUS Batteries - 5 Sizes
Price: $9.99 - 14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, May 21 to Monday, May 26) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/25/2013 - $9.99-14.99 - 122 comment(s)
12/5/2013 - $9.99-14.99 - 89 comment(s)
10/21/2013 - $9.99-14.99 - 62 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

brentphx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brentphx

GreatJorge

quality posts: 40 Private Messages GreatJorge

acanarelli

quality posts: 269 Private Messages acanarelli

I usually buy my batteries at Sam's Club because I always thought they had the best prices. I was there last Friday and remember buying a pack of Duracell "D" batteries for $12.99. However, a pack of Duracells consists of only 10 batteries, while the Sony pack of D's consists of 12 batteries for the same price.

I've used Sony batteries in the past and never had a problem. From now on I will wait for Woot to feature Sony batteries and buy my battery needs then.

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

I used these before, they die fast. Not worth even half the price.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba
Phoulmouth wrote:I used these before, they die fast. Not worth even half the price.

So if they last half as long, it's really a 36-pk equivalent for $19.99? Even if that's true, that's like .55 cents a unit. Bargain.

Woody1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Woody1
acanarelli wrote:I usually buy my batteries at Sam's Club because I always thought they had the best prices. I was there last Friday and remember buying a pack of Duracell "D" batteries for $12.99. However, a pack of Duracells consists of only 10 batteries, while the Sony pack of D's consists of 12 batteries for the same price.

I've used Sony batteries in the past and never had a problem. From now on I will wait for Woot to feature Sony batteries and buy my battery needs then.

So at $1.50/battery vs. $1.30/battery: woot is higher priced for sub-par batteries ( compared to Duracell) when you factor in shipping. Great to know! Now I can stop at Sams on the way home today and get a pack for less.

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't

dimitri24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dimitri24

the description had me lol'ing.

merlinmurph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlinmurph

Sure wish they gave the capacities of the batteries.....

rahulabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rahulabon

Sony brought us Spiderman...Spiderman has a ton of power...so in theory these should work great.

But remember, with great power comes great responsibility

Chickenbutt99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chickenbutt99

Hopefully the people at Woot can send the correct type of batteries that are ordered this time around.

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless

At $9.99, I might have been interested. But at $19.99 ($14.99, plus $5 shipping), I will pass.

scottydl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scottydl
loaba wrote:So if they last half as long, it's really a 36-pk equivalent for $19.99? Even if that's true, that's like .55 cents a unit. Bargain.

Bargain by what price/quality standards? Currently Walmart.com has Duracells for 42 cents/each (Coppertop 24 pack) to 55 cents/each (Quantum Alkaline 20 pack). And that's the only place I checked. Just make sure you shop around.

I consider a good bargain price for batteries to be around 25-30 cents/each, which these Sony's are. But without being too scientific, I have noticed that these off brands (Sony, ACDelco, etc.) get burned up really fast in our Wii game remotes... where most of our AA's go. I don't know if those controllers are considered high drain or not.

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

I have bought these on here before and didn't notice a difference between them and Duracell. People complaining about shipping the trick is to buy more than one thing otherwise $5 on low value products is usually worse than going to to the store and buying batteries.

Hapless

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hapless

I've bought two batches in the last offering, sizes AA and AAA. It is convenient having them delivered to my door and it is nice to have a stockpile on hand.

I use them primarily in remote control devices where they hold up well. However I have noticed that in my Mac BT keyboard and touchpad Duracell/Energizer batteries give me much better life. My daughter uses them in her powered headphones and she also burns through them at a good rate...more so than I would expect.

So would I count on these for important applications (smoke/CO2 detectors, emergency flashlights, etc.)??? Nope. But for lightweight everyday applications they are fine.

wickidd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wickidd

If you're going to write a sexist description, would you mind making it equitable? Just because society has accepted the double-standard of male-bashing does not make it an ethical thing to do.

Imagine the backlash if all of the characters in your story who needed new batteries were female and all of the characters who's batteries were strong were male.

On that note, I'd be curious to know what percentage of the customers who end up purchasing this deal are male.

pirateink757

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pirateink757

Great deal!! Sony Stamina works great in all my electronics. Last really long in my Xbox controllers!! jumpin on this sale for sure

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

I like these batteries. They have long life and they know how to get the job done, plus they usually give you like a load and a half. It's usually a win-win.

Nemesis: Stryper2000| What's in Manhands' hands?

docnhh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages docnhh

I bought two boxes of the AA last time. Use them in a golf GPS device. They won't get through two rounds, while the high end competition brand (use your imagination) does and more. The price is right on these, but the word "Stamina" was thunk up by a marketing guy.

jdupree

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jdupree

I dont know why people think these off brand batteries are gonna be any good for high or even moderate drain devices. Heck the last batch I bought here I'm still using were the AC Delco brand. Yeah, that brand inspires confidence. I dont know about your stores(including sams) but where I live even at half the length of use of a duracell or energizer these are still cheaper. I guess we are getting raped on batteries in my area. If you're needs are for cameras, bluetooth and RF wireless devices, I'd probably stick with name brand. But I've used the cheapies like these in xbox and ps3 controllers with acceptable results so I guess your mileage will vary.

armrdp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armrdp

Last time I purchased batteries off of Woot it was a big mistake. They had about 1/4 to no more than half the life of a fresh battery.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

armrdp wrote:Last time I purchased batteries off of Woot it was a big mistake. They had about 1/4 to no more than half the life of a fresh battery.

These babies have a lot of life in them.

AA, AAA best if used by 2024
D best if used by 2020
C, 9V best if used by 2018

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

acanarelli

quality posts: 269 Private Messages acanarelli
Phoulmouth wrote:I used these before, they die fast. Not worth even half the price.

So what's your idea of a GOOD battery? How about a Rayovac? Are they any good in your book?