zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Your Choice of VIZIO LED Smart TV
Price: $159.99 - 1229.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, May 26 to Thursday, May 29) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/17/2014 - $159.99 - 1,229 - 76 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

jwmcclure

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jwmcclure

I picked up the 70" model on Black Friday - decent TV for the money and the "web" features work pretty well. This is about a $200 savings over the regular price - which you could put towards a 5 year warranty.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3157 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page for the E650IA2 and the E241IA1

and

Check out this review on the E650IA2 over at digitaltrends.com

stanase

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stanase

How are the TV refurbs ?
I am a bit worried that they will send a super used unit not a slightly used one.
The refurb Ninja blender looks like was used in a frat house for a whole year...

reverendc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reverendc

The 65" is $1,179.99 new at Costco. Same model #
http://www.costco.com/VIZIO-65%E2%80%9D-Class-1080p-120Hz-Smart-LED-HDTV-E650i-A2.product.100041495.html

usmcsean69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usmcsean69

These are good deals but pay attention to the refresh rate it might not be a real 120hz. Do your research before you buy that's all I'm saying.

Mularkey

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

usmcsean69 wrote:These are good deals but pay attention to the refresh rate it might not be a real 120hz. Do your research before you buy that's all I'm saying.

The specs and features state it correctly. 24" & 32" are 60Hz. The rest are native 60Hz or 120Hz Effective Refresh Rate with their motion smoothing technology.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Double0doug

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Double0doug
ThunderThighs wrote:The specs and features state it correctly. 24" & 32" are 60Hz. The rest are native 60Hz or 120Hz Effective Refresh Rate with their motion smoothing technology.

But what does THAT mean?

WiredLlama

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WiredLlama

I purchased one of these from Walmart a few months ago. I returned it soon after purchase. I loved the picture quality and the apps but the wifi range was TERRIBLE. All other wifi devices in my house picked up the signal perfectly where this TV was placed but the TV could not keep a strong signal and internet video would not play smoothly or quickly. It would have to stop and buffer every 30 seconds or so and sometimes it would tell me it had no connection at all. Fine unit if you are going to be plugging it in directly with an ethernet cable. Perhaps I just got a bad unit....anyone else experience this?

eaglebbg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eaglebbg

I bought the 32 inch for my master bedroom which is about 40 feet from my router. The apps and wifi do not work this far away. After multiple calls to Vizio customer service they admitted that this model is not a true smart TV. it has no processor so it can't take a weak wifi signal. The TV needs to be within 25 feet of the router or less if there are walls. My laptop, tablet and 2 phones all work on wifi in the bedroom. It does have a great picture and sound but it's wifi is very disappointing.
IM still working on a workaround which will probably be a $75 range extender.

WiredLlama

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WiredLlama
eaglebbg wrote:I bought the 32 inch for my master bedroom which is about 40 feet from my router. The apps and wifi do not work this far away. After multiple calls to Vizio customer service they admitted that this model is not a true smart TV. it has no processor so it can't take a weak wifi signal. The TV needs to be within 25 feet of the router or less if there are walls. My laptop, tablet and 2 phones all work on wifi in the bedroom. It does have a great picture and sound but it's wifi is very disappointing.

I had the exact same experience!

colinrmadden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colinrmadden
eaglebbg wrote:I bought the 32 inch for my master bedroom which is about 40 feet from my router. The apps and wifi do not work this far away. After multiple calls to Vizio customer service they admitted that this model is not a true smart TV. it has no processor so it can't take a weak wifi signal. The TV needs to be within 25 feet of the router or less if there are walls. My laptop, tablet and 2 phones all work on wifi in the bedroom. It does have a great picture and sound but it's wifi is very disappointing.

If you have cable internet you might do better by moving your modem and router and plugging your TV right into the router. Guaranteed no signal loss and a lot less than $75...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Double0doug wrote:But what does THAT mean?

Here's an interesting article that I found a while back. It does a good job of explaining it.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Stlheadake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stlheadake

I bought the EXACT model # 70" version at Best Buy in March. I paid a helluva lot more for it, and I got a deal! The picture quality is great. I do have some issues with the TV color presets. I can't find a picture mode that works great during the day, but isn't so bright at night.

I have the TV in a VERY bright room (the light blocking blinds have to wait until next tax refund! PRIORITIES!)

My last three TVs have been Samsung, and I am sold on Samsung. In hindsight, I do wish I'd have purchased the Samsung 75" for a bit (ok bunch) more money, but it is a bigger screen!

This is a great TV. One last minor complaint, it is SLOW to respond to the remote control, and that bothers me! Other than that, the 70" is a deal!

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme
ThunderThighs wrote:Here's an interesting article that I found a while back. It does a good job of explaining it.

For anybody who has not actually used motion blur/motion plus, it really does make a difference in the picture, and the way your brain sees it. It makes almost everything you watch look like you are watching it live, on set. It's called the "soap opera effect". While some may not notice it, if you do (and don't like it), you can disable it in the video settings.

hurrifred2002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hurrifred2002

Is anyone using the 50 inch model for off the air signals? I find the tuner sensitivity of many digital TVs to be weak.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 12 Private Messages billthegunowner

I've purchased 2 refurb Smart Visio TVs from Woot in the past 2 years and love them. They arrived packaged in their original boxes and looked cosmetically perfect and have worked flawlessly. They are a great TV for the money.

Bill

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
ThunderThighs wrote:Here's an interesting article that I found a while back. It does a good job of explaining it.

And here's an excerpt from that article:

Marketing being what it is, companies are now obfuscating their TVs' actual refresh rates. Samsung, LG, Sony, Vizio, and Sharp have stopped being honest about their refresh rates entirely, instead adopting bespoke motion-resolution ratings called "Clear Motion Rate," "TruMotion," "Motionflow XR," and so on.

In all cases, the company uses backlight scanning and/or extra processing to imply that their TVs have higher refresh rates than they actually do. So, for example, a Clear Motion Rate of 120 could be a 60Hz TV with a scanning backlight, or it could be a 120Hz LCD without a scanning backlight. The spec sheets for the televisions rarely, if ever, list the actual panel refresh rate.

Gary Merson did an excellent article on this at HDGuru called "Beware of phony LCD HDTV refresh rates." CNET's 2013 TV reviews always specify the true panel refresh rate, not the phony one.

So there IS reason for suspicion here.

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

Man, smart tvs have come down in price so much. I wish I had waited and got one.

mbrickell

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mbrickell

http://www.cnet.com/news/fake-refresh-rates-is-your-tv-really-120hz/

My advice would be to buy a TV with the highest native refresh rate that you can afford. Many people, myself included, find the motion smoothing effects to be artificial looking and annoying.

There is a lot of pressure on manufacturers to do two things. One, lower prices. Two, promote a higher refresh rate. It's more expensive to build a TV with a higher native rate...so you see a lot of creative marketing or truth stretching these days regarding refresh rates. Be careful.

jgarcia408

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jgarcia408

Vizio's current year M series TVs just went up for sale recently. I recommend you check them out before buying a used/refurbished tv. The TVs are full array and priced really competitively.

stanchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanchris
hurrifred2002 wrote:Is anyone using the 50 inch model for off the air signals? I find the tuner sensitivity of many digital TVs to be weak.

The problem is not with the TV it's with the lower power of the new digital transmitted signal. How far are you from the transmitter? Are you in a valley? Lots of trees? All of these can cause a problem..

PReed4962

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PReed4962

FYI, when I look up this model (39") on Amazon.com I see the following disclaimer:

Product Alert: The Amazon Instant Video application is currently unavailable on this device. We are working to provide a new version of the application to users of the device. The new version will be available on the device through a future firmware update.

highdeserttom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highdeserttom

CORRECTION: IT WAS THE 29 INCH MODEL THAT I PURCHASED... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE! I bought the 29" here on Woot. It worked great for a little while. Not now! Shorty after the 90 day period, it started to have problems. It would not turn on with the remote. I had to start unplugging the unit. Then I could turn it on, after the unit reset. Now it no longer works at all! JUNK! It had a great picture when it worked. I really liked it! But since it no longer works, I don't like it at all! You may consider buying the extended insurance for these. Had I done so, I could have replaced or repaired my broken TV! BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!

almanzam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almanzam

Does anyone know if this is 3D capable? I mean, will I be able to watch my Pixar 3D--I mean, will my kids be able to watch their Pixar 3D movies with the 70", specifically?
:confused:

ThunderThighs

Staff

almanzam wrote:Does anyone know if this is 3D capable? I mean, will I be able to watch my Pixar 3D--I mean, will my kids be able to watch their Pixar 3D movies with the 70", specifically?
:confused:

The 70" is not 3D capable. Manufacturers usually call that out if it is.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku
stanase wrote:How are the TV refurbs ?
I am a bit worried that they will send a super used unit not a slightly used one.
The refurb Ninja blender looks like was used in a frat house for a whole year...

My first big TV was a 36" Vizio back in 2006ish that I bought as a refurb through Geeks.com that was absolutely perfect until it got dropped during a move in 2009.

My grandma has a 32" refurbed Vizio from 2009 that's usually on all day and half the night even if she isn't watching it, and it's still just like new and perfect.

The time before last that Woot had Vizio refurbs up I grabbed the 24" Smart TV refurb for her for the bedroom and that's absolutely flawless, and I'm considering the 39" for my bedroom this time.

I really like Vizio.

reid3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reid3000

whats the consensus on this? my grandma needs a new 32 in badly. i did a quick amazon search, and $200 seems like a good deal, even for refurb.

spiritualgorila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiritualgorila

A quick warning, I bought the same 42" here on 4/17, for $20 cheaper mind you, and within a week after I got it, it started having problems. would restart itself a few times a day, and sometimes would emit a high pitched noise over the audio requiring a restart. The picture was great, the apps worked great, but there were issues. I'm in the process of returning it to Woot now, who are being very cool about it (I wanted a replacement but obviously they wouldn't have extras, but looks like you do now if you want to send me a replacement! Just sayin! )

carpenterty

quality posts: 4 Private Messages carpenterty

make sure these dont come with the crappy substitute remote instead of the origanal.

just got mine with crap substitue remote and no back light.

come on its a smart tV and vizio throws in these crap substitute remotes with out any forward thinking and claiming substitute remote included

going to see what customer service say. im pretty sure this is out of there hands .....But at least it could have been disclaimed and we could have boughten the same tvs from amazon

ThunderThighs

Staff

Price Reduction on the 65"

Oh hey, the buyer is feeling the pull of hump day and has lowered the price on the 65" to $999.99. Not gonna beat that price.

Do us a favor and buy one so we can coax him out of the bathroom stall. The whimpering is disturbing other employees.

Small print: If you already bought it, that money will FLY back to you soonish.

907Joker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 907Joker

what ever happened to woot offs ending with a Bandolier of Carrots?

rjbaron

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rjbaron

The 65" seems to have a significantly different color ratio than the sizes above and below it. Anyone see this as a potential issue?

djames42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages djames42

FWIW, I bought a refurb 37" Vizio back around 2008 and it still works great. I'm not afraid of refurbs

tradergeorge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages tradergeorge
PReed4962 wrote:FYI, when I look up this model (39") on Amazon.com I see the following disclaimer:

Product Alert: The Amazon Instant Video application is currently unavailable on this device. We are working to provide a new version of the application to users of the device. The new version will be available on the device through a future firmware update.

I think this is more of a problem with Amazon that VIZIO...My brother has a Samsung that also is missing Amazon....However, this is easily remedied. You can get the cheapest ROKU box for about $30 (on sale) and add Amazon and a lot more. Personally, I receive Amazon videos on my tablet and send it to the TV via a HDMI cable...Easy Peasy.

heimskringla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heimskringla

I bought a 32" from Woot when these were on sale in April. It's currently sitting on the floor after the screen started to flicker. The 39" 1080p model I bought at Target to replace it is great.

Vulpecula

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Vulpecula

I've actually been shopping for a new smart TV, and was ready to pull the trigger here, but I can't find confirmation anywhere of which, if any, of these models are NATIVE 120 hz, which is a must for me.

psgod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psgod

Amazon Instant Video does NOT work on these TV's (any size). It has been a known issue for over a year. Vizio blames Amazon and Amazon blames Vizio. This is a problem for any of the Vizio smart TV's built after February 2013 and continues today!