+ Add a Comment

WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Luxury Gel 12" Memory Foam Mattress

Speed to First Woot:
5m 48.662s
First Sucker:
mfitch
Last Wooter to Woot:
TIcowboys
Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 31% of Woot.com Woots
Top 14% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 5% of Woot.com Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 12% first woot
  • 10% second woot
  • 30% < 10 woots
  • 23% < 25 woots
  • 25% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 7% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 77% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 96% bought 1
  • 3% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
2%
2%
2%
2%
3%
6%
8%
11%
9%
10%
7%
7%
6%
5%
4%
3%
3%
1%
1%
2%
1%
1%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


yojane2118


quality posts: 7 Private Messages yojane2118

I have a tempurpedic adjustable frame. Would this mattress work with that frame.

Elminster


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Elminster

What brand of Mattress is this?

There are many different Luxury Gel Memory Foam mattresses and I would like to look into this specific one before I purchase it.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Elminster wrote:What brand of Mattress is this?

There are many different Luxury Gel Memory Foam mattresses and I would like to look into this specific one before I purchase it.



We often can't give out the manufacturer's name because their other retail channels get mad at them over the prices. Our buyers work to get you the best price possible.

Sorry, but no name.

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3465 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lets let Harvard and the APA educate us on the importance of sleep


erish911


quality posts: 0 Private Messages erish911

Been wanting to upgrade mattress to a king size memory foam. Wondering if anyone out there who's taken advantage of this deal has any advice or thoughts on it?

gr0m17


quality posts: 2 Private Messages gr0m17

I got this mattress in a previous round and have been sleeping on it for months. I can honestly say it's the nicest mattress I've ever slept on. It feels nice, doesn't get too warm even with my flannel sheets, and doesn't get weird memory even from my fatass sleeping on it (I'm a bigger dude.)

I was warned of a smell. I noticed a chemically smell initially (as it was inflating) but that went away in 1 or 2 nights. Smells fine. Sleeps fine. I'd buy another one if I had a use.

I can't recommend this thing enough.


(link to previous sale: http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5613314&ref=cnt_odet_jtd )

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

I'm buying this thing, this mystery mattress. I'm ... reticent, but my mattress is shaped like a banana and it's getting urgent. Besides, that writeup was just so darn good.


If it's terrible, I'll let you guys know.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

pennyfromheaven


quality posts: 11 Private Messages pennyfromheaven
gr0m17 wrote:I got this mattress in a previous round and have been sleeping on it for months. I can honestly say it's the nicest mattress I've ever slept on. It feels nice, doesn't get too warm even with my flannel sheets, and doesn't get weird memory even from my fatass sleeping on it (I'm a bigger dude.)

I was warned of a smell. I noticed a chemically smell initially (as it was inflating) but that went away in 1 or 2 nights. Smells fine. Sleeps fine. I'd buy another one if I had a use.

I can't recommend this thing enough.



Thanks!

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

PemberDucky wrote:I'm buying this thing, this mystery mattress. I'm ... reticent, but my mattress is shaped like a banana and it's getting urgent. Besides, that writeup was just so darn good.


If it's terrible, I'll let you guys know.



Okay, I feel weird saying that thing about the shape of my mattress. It's just from excessive use; it's not anything icky.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

PemberDucky wrote:Okay, I feel weird saying that thing about the shape of my mattress. It's just from excessive use; it's not anything icky.



"Excessive use" sounds even worse. I'm digging myself into a banana-shaped hole. Never mind.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

stryper2000


quality posts: 27 Private Messages stryper2000

Pember, i think i found your bed

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x38

DarkZrobe


quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

DarkZrobe


quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

Well I bought one... I hope this doesnt come back to haunt me but reading the previous sales sounds like woot does really good by these should they arrive damaged.

Now I need to know how long I can store this. I wont be moving for about 2-3 weeks and would prefer to keep this thing rolled up. Do you think that would be a problem?

Edit: Checked previous sale and someone asked the question and the vendor said they would look in to it... No response. So anyone?

ozzallos


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ozzallos
DarkZrobe wrote:Well I bought one... I hope this doesnt come back to haunt me but reading the previous sales sounds like woot does really good by these should they arrive damaged.

Beat me to that link by .005 seconds ;)

Everything looked good back then, so I decided to pull the trigger on a king. As you say, here's hoping

hykurt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hykurt

What are the shipped dimensions of the King mattress? Everything gets delivered to our apartment office and I'd like to know if it's small enough to haul home on a hand truck. (Is 1/3 of each listed dimension close?)

terryw


quality posts: 1 Private Messages terryw
DarkZrobe wrote:Well I bought one... I hope this doesnt come back to haunt me but reading the previous sales sounds like woot does really good by these should they arrive damaged.

Now I need to know how long I can store this. I wont be moving for about 2-3 weeks and would prefer to keep this thing rolled up. Do you think that would be a problem?

Edit: Checked previous sale and someone asked the question and the vendor said they would look in to it... No response. So anyone?



They are stored and packaged in their compressed form so storage for a few weeks is nothing that will harm it. You do not want to open, it will never compress like from the factory.

thephatman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thephatman

What is the density of the base layer? (lbs)

naughtlol


quality posts: 0 Private Messages naughtlol

I bought the 10in version of this mattress awhile back from Woot. I've so far very satisfied with it. I'd imagine the 12in like this one would jsut be better. You do need to have a flat surface for it to lay on. I built my bed frame myself and used slats. Had to put a thin piece of hardboard over it for this foam mattress.

Xchoppers


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers
hykurt wrote:What are the shipped dimensions of the King mattress? Everything gets delivered to our apartment office and I'd like to know if it's small enough to haul home on a hand truck. (Is 1/3 of each listed dimension close?)



DO NOT OPEN IT IN THE OFFICE!

Our last king came in an amazingly small box, for a king mattress. Fit in my mid-size car easily

Sokudoningyou


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Sokudoningyou
thephatman wrote:What is the density of the base layer? (lbs)



Gel Memory Foam Layer 3.5 lbs.
Air Flow Comfort Foam Layer 3 lbs.

That's all the specs say.

kkimbo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkimbo

I wonder if this mattress is classified as "plush," "medium," or "firm"??? I don't see it mentioned anywhere, and I thinks it's quite important!

terryw


quality posts: 1 Private Messages terryw
kkimbo wrote:I wonder if this mattress is classified as "plush," "medium," or "firm"??? I don't see it mentioned anywhere, and I thinks it's quite important!



I would say more on the mid to firm. The top 2 layers are the only thing you sink into. Check my post on the manufacturer. They have a video showing someone pushing into the base. That is the firm portion.

hykurt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hykurt
terryw wrote:As I mentioned in other post I got the same product at costco, from what I remembered the king package was about 2x2ft and 3ft tall. The widths do not compress as tight as the depth and length. They were on pallets and are heavy.

Thank you very much. That's quite helpful.

carlhuck


quality posts: 1 Private Messages carlhuck

I purchased the 10 in mattress last woot and left it rolled up in its package for about two months and didn't have an issue with damage. I did have a question, though, about transport after it has expanded. Are these mattresses safe to fold/bend in half to fit in the back seat of a sedan? Or will they tear or otherwise be damaged?

mikeylikesit71


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeylikesit71
terryw wrote:This was a low cost alternative to the Serta icomfort. Was exclusive to costco. I don't think it is as luxurious as the serta or Tempur-Pedic but it was my first change from traditional mattresses. I sleep very good and have major neck problems. If your looking for the type you sink into like a cloud this is realy not that but it is soft on the first layers. The deep layer memory form tends to make you sweat becasue your skin does not breath. That is what top layer of gell helps with on this one.



Can I use this without a box spring on a traditional bed frame? I have had my Q size mattress for 15 years, still great and supple but my allergies get me even after vacuum. Can I buy this one product and discard the box spring and mattress or do I need a platform bed set up? Thanks

pavlito67


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pavlito67

I bought this exact mattress last time they sold it. It is a steal. If you are on the fence buy it. I love this mattress it cost very little for what it is and I am pleased with it.

terryw


quality posts: 1 Private Messages terryw
carlhuck wrote:I purchased the 10 in mattress last woot and left it rolled up in its package for about two months and didn't have an issue with damage. I did have a question, though, about transport after it has expanded. Are these mattresses safe to fold/bend in half to fit in the back seat of a sedan? Or will they tear or otherwise be damaged?



Only reason it would tear is if over a log period of time it was exposed to high heat and dryness. It is easy to rip pieces if the foam is not covered. You can get heavy gauge stretch wrap and roll the mattress up.

xunknownx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xunknownx

was wondering the same as well. do you need a box spring for this? currently i have a traditional matress with no box spring. it sits on top of my a bunch of wood splits in my bed frame.

terryw


quality posts: 1 Private Messages terryw
mikeylikesit71 wrote:Can I use this without a box spring on a traditional bed frame? I have had my Q size mattress for 15 years, still great and supple but my allergies get me even after vacuum. Can I buy this one product and discard the box spring and mattress or do I need a platform bed set up? Thanks



No solid bottom is needed. I have mine on open cross frame metal. Just need lateral supports. Maybe 3 to 4 4" wide. Make sure you rotate it every few months.

mikeylikesit71


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeylikesit71
terryw wrote:No solid bottom is needed. I have mine on open cross frame metal. Just need lateral supports. Maybe 3 to 4 4" wide. Make sure you rotate it every few months.



So my standard frame should work and i can toss the mattress, box spring & foam topper? meaning this one product replaces all and is stiff enuff to sit on current frame I have? Most like this require a platform bed set up

bethanydr


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethanydr

Woot, you sneaky devil. I've been waiting for this to come back around since it sold out so quickly the last time. I finally got desperate and bought one of the 5-1/2 inch mattress toppers on Home Woot the other day and then...here's the mattress!!

I pulled the trigger on this anyway. Maybe I can do a "princess and the pea" kind of thing and stack them all up. Should make it easier to reach those pesky cobwebs on my ceiling anyway...

pjoeltyler


quality posts: 6 Private Messages pjoeltyler

Can anyone see a 2" gel memory foam topper previously bought from woot being a problem to add on top of this sucker?

cousineaud


quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud

Hi All ,

I am with the manufacturer and will be able to answer any questions you have.

cousineaud


quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud
DarkZrobe wrote:Well I bought one... I hope this doesnt come back to haunt me but reading the previous sales sounds like woot does really good by these should they arrive damaged.

Now I need to know how long I can store this. I wont be moving for about 2-3 weeks and would prefer to keep this thing rolled up. Do you think that would be a problem?

Edit: Checked previous sale and someone asked the question and the vendor said they would look in to it... No response. So anyone?



You can leave in compressed for a couple weeks, it won't be a problem.

cousineaud


quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud
pjoeltyler wrote:Can anyone see a 2" gel memory foam topper previously bought from woot being a problem to add on top of this sucker?



The 2" gel topper can be used on top of this mattress.

cousineaud


quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud
hykurt wrote:What are the shipped dimensions of the King mattress? Everything gets delivered to our apartment office and I'd like to know if it's small enough to haul home on a hand truck. (Is 1/3 of each listed dimension close?)



I will have to check for exact dimensions when I get to my office... But the mattress is really compressed and ships via ups... Off the top of my head: 26" x 26" x 42"

Wicked Gollum


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wicked Gollum

@cousineaud: If possible, I would like to purchase an additional plush cover.

Can you point me to one that would fit this mattress and is in the same style as the one that currently covers it?

Thanks Cousin!

-D

--
.:d:.

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and narrow-mindedness. Broad, wholesome and charitable views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one tiny corner of the globe."
-- Mark Twain

cousineaud


quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud
mikeylikesit71 wrote:So my standard frame should work and i can toss the mattress, box spring & foam topper? meaning this one product replaces all and is stiff enuff to sit on current frame I have? Most like this require a platform bed set up



I would recommend keeping the box spring.

But , if you want to replace the box spring, you would need some cross braces on your frame for support.

It would not work with only the frame.

vmxdry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vmxdry

I have an IKEA bed w/ their Sultan Laxeby support base (x2, as it's a queen bed). Will this supply enough support for the mattress? It is relatively open and given that it is two of them screwed together to make the queen size, it has a rigid support at the center and some flex where each of two people would sleep.

Thoughts?