zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Samsung Galaxy Note Tent Sale Mega Event
Price: $189.99 - 389.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jun 02 to Tuesday, Jun 03) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3157 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out everything you will ever want to know about the Galaxy Note

kingoflos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kingoflos

Just bought a Note 12.2 and it is an amazing piece of equipment. I keep finding random things I can do with it. I'm thinking about taking it back and getting a 10.1 from here as the 12.2 is proving just a little too large for my use case.

pfxk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pfxk

Did all the 10.1's sell out in an hour?

kingoflos

pfxk wrote:Did all the 10.1's sell out in an hour?

Looks like the 8's sold out I just bought a 10.1 (Yeah I pulled the trigger)

In other news a gently used 12.2 will be available at a Best Buy near me in the near future.

lestatct

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lestatct

I bought a black 16GB 10.1" 2014 Edition (the 32's were sold out by the time I decided) here at the beginning of April. I love it SOOOO much. It's really fast, and the resolution compared to my old tablet is just AMAZING. I love to draw, so the Note with the stylus is exactly what I needed.

eatricetoday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatricetoday

Finally! An APO friendly Note 10.1 sale!!! Thanks Woot!
Now, does anybody know if these refrurbished Note 10.1s still come with the $500 worth of perks?

lestatct

eatricetoday wrote:Finally! An APO friendly Note 10.1 sale!!! Thanks Woot!
Now, does anybody know if these refrurbished Note 10.1s still come with the $500 worth of perks?

I got them with mine. The ONLY one I cared about and actually used was the $25 Play Store credit. But they were there for me.
http://www.samsung.com/us/register-for-your-galaxy-perks/#note10

pangurban

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pangurban
lestatct wrote:I got them with mine. The ONLY one I cared about and actually used was the $25 Play Store credit. But they were there for me.
http://www.samsung.com/us/register-for-your-galaxy-perks/#note10

I got the brown 8.0 here, not long ago. For me, the real boon was the extra 50 GB on dropbox for two years - wheeee!

I have been thoroughly impressed. This little gadget has been getting pretty heavy use since its purchase -- drawing, note-taking, calculations, games, email, etc. -- and has been running quick and smooth, consistently. Like the earlier poster, I keep finding new things it can do, and new ways its useful. Even the built-in camera is surprisingly good. Definitely a purchase I'd make again, (especially now that the price has dropped another $10).

lestatct

pangurban wrote:I got the brown 8.0 here, not long ago. For me, the real boon was the extra 50 GB on dropbox for two years - wheeee!

I have been thoroughly impressed. This little gadget has been getting pretty heavy use since its purchase -- drawing, note-taking, calculations, games, email, etc. -- and has been running quick and smooth, consistently. Like the earlier poster, I keep finding new things it can do, and new ways its useful. Even the built-in camera is surprisingly good. Definitely a purchase I'd make again, (especially now that the price has dropped another $10).

I got 50GB lifetime from Box when I bought my firesale HP Touchpad a couple years ago. THAT was awesome. So I don't use any of the time-limited stuff.

commiebastard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages commiebastard

I know that analog clock faces are always set to 10:10 in advertisements, but I'm not clear on this 12:45 thing. Purely from an aesthetic standpoint, I would think that 12:34 would be preferable, because it has four numerals in sequence. If you wanted to show the "best" or "happiest" time, I think that would be something like 5:15 pm.

kingoflos

commiebastard wrote:I know that analog clock faces are always set to 10:10 in advertisements, but I'm not clear on this 12:45 thing. Purely from an aesthetic standpoint, I would think that 12:34 would be preferable, because it has four numerals in sequence. If you wanted to show the "best" or "happiest" time, I think that would be something like 5:15 pm.

It's the first quarter hour before you have to choose between 1300 and 1:00. 12:34 comes off as a disingenuous fake time. 11 o'clock and 10 o'clock don't show off as many numerals. Everything before 10 has the same problem as after 12, choosing between 0900 and 9:00 am

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio

My boss got the 8", and I'm always having to help her with it. My god, what Samsung has done to the OS and Settings. Compared to my Nexus 7, it's a convoluted mess.

therealjrn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages therealjrn

Where are the tents? I was told there would be tents.

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

crg5980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crg5980

Is it better than my HP Touchpad, the king of tablets?

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

Bought the 10.1 32GB (Gray) in Sept. 2012. Use it daily and it's still going strong. Best part (for me) is ditching all of my legal pads and having all of my handwritten notes in one place. Learned a lot of note-taking tips from this gal - a student who filmed and narrated several videos about her note-taking practices.

Take notes with your Note

Love how I can load up movies on a microSD card and have long-trip entertainment.

Only weakness, from my perspective, is that it's not easy to see out in daylight.

VickiJohnsontexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VickiJohnsontexas

Does it come pre-loaded with Polaris Office?

talljim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talljim

Does anyone know if these will be eligible for updating to KitKat?

Also, it seems to me unclear about these models. Are these the 2014 models or are these the previous models?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Wow! A glut of tablets everywhere! Does this have anything to do with pretty good Windows 8.1 tablets hitting the shelves?

I've got an iPad2 and a nice Samsung, but the Acer tablet I got here let's me run some Windows programs I use often.

Just wondering.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

muihouma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muihouma

I bought the 10.1, 16gb in December, 2012 from a big box retailer. Eight months later it refused to power up. Sent it back for repairs under warranty. They fixed it but I lost everything that was stored. Again, eight more months it refuses to power up. Samsung said tough, it is out of warranty. I complained mightily that it is a "lemon." Samsung said, okay they will fix it one more time (as a courtesy) but no more after that. Again, I will lose everything that is stored. I am waiting to get it back. Not real happy with this product, maybe time to switch to another brand.

udarana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages udarana

Are there LTE 4G(sim unlocked) Samsung note 2014 s

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik

Pro-tip: if you get one of these Note tablets and you enjoy drawing, consider buying another stylus that is meant for drawing!

Wacom makes a great stylus specifically for Note tablets, called the "Bamboo Stylus feel". Feels like drawing with a fat pen, or a marker. If you get it, get it directly from Wacom's site. A nearly identical "feel" is sold on Amazon.com, but it draws a little offset compared to the one meant just for Note tablets (according to reviews). The one on Wacom's site is better calibrated. Read reviews on amazon for more details.

Another one is this official Samsung-made stylus that has an "eraser" for a cap. Flip it around, and certain drawing apps detect it as a secondary tip and uses it as the eraser tool. Just like using a pencil! More intuitive than switching to the eraser tool all the time. It's also pretty cheap. Feels like using a ballpoint pen.

Both of these are more comfortable to hold than the slender stylus that's included with the tablet. Plus they increase the fun-factor of drawing. And yes, I bought both. They both offer a different feel. I like them and use them both.

dscisci

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dscisci

I got one of the 2014 editions earlier this month. It replaces my Asus Transformer (TF101) that I also got on woot three or four years ago. By the way, that Transformer with a custom rom still handles a lot of stuff pretty beautifully.

However, this Note is incredible. As an artist, I've been looking forward to a pressure-sensitive tablet/stylus combo and this thing nails it. Using Sketchbook Pro, there is zero lag and it can be set to ignore your palm/fingers and only use the pen for input. About the only gripe I have is the hardware buttons. Why Samsung continues to put hardware buttons on their tablets eludes me. Holding the thing in portrait orientation can make it awkward to reach. Android figured this out with their soft buttons but Samsung refuses. Oh well, its a minor ding on an otherwise brilliant device.

dalem589

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalem589

Got one of the white 10.1" 2014's last time they were on WOOT, about 2 weeks ago. LOVE this tablet! Do not hesitate to get one. The keyboard itself is reason enough.
Don't get me started on the multi window or the great keyboard.
I also use an iPad last generation (not the latest Air) and this tablet compares very well, and exceeds in a number of ways. Not to bash, just saying this is a great tablet with a lot of features. I have the 32GB version, with another SD card inside holding another 32GB. Can you say 'storage'? Sure, I knew that you could.

alambrose

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alambrose

I just received in the mail a Galaxy Note GT-N8013 16gb Grey factory refurb for $199.95

This was a 24hr sale on A4C.com about ten days ago.

At $249.00 for the 16gb, I think you can do better. The 32gb white one for the same price is the better deal.

This is a good tablet.

dscisci

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dscisci
talljim wrote:Does anyone know if these will be eligible for updating to KitKat?

Also, it seems to me unclear about these models. Are these the 2014 models or are these the previous models?

Kitkat is already available at least for the 2014 models. The SM-P600 (It is P600 and not 6000 as Woot shows) are the 2014. The N8013 are the older model and I don't know what the latest fw is but I'm sure a custom rom is available with kk. The 8 inch model shown here also can be updated with kk as it is technically a '2014' model and the same generation as the SM-P600

udarana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages udarana
udarana wrote:Are there LTE 4G(sim unlocked) Samsung note 2014 s

Still not appearing in the woot

Rayzdaroof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rayzdaroof
conanthelibrarian wrote:Check out everything you will ever want to know about the Galaxy Note

OK, well now I really want one... so cool!

fcalton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fcalton
talljim wrote:Does anyone know if these will be eligible for updating to KitKat?

This site indicates whether and when KitKat is available for Samsung devices:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059206/82024/EFC-1G6FFEGSTA

dayohmyboy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dayohmyboy

I think staff should weigh in here as I think people are mistaking the way the drop down windows work on the order page and assuming that one model or another is sold out when no so in reality.

That Guy

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

udarana wrote:Are there LTE 4G(sim unlocked) Samsung note 2014 s

These are just the tablets, they should only work with wifi and wouldn't need to be unlocked.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Ordering tip: if you think the Note you're looking for is sold out, make sure to select the correct initial attribute on the sales page. For example: if you pick "8.0" first all the "10.1"s will look like they're sold out, which might not be the case.

agingdragqueen

Staff

talljim wrote:Also, it seems to me unclear about these models. Are these the 2014 models or are these the previous models?

Sorry it's not super clear- they're all late 2013/previous models EXCEPT the 10.1" SM-P6000 model, which is 2014. The specs tab on the sales page kinda goes through that.

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

Paging Thunderthighs...404 error at http://www.woot.com/plus/?ref=cnt_wp_5#ref=www.woot.com/content/plus@5.14/368x366 that is all

ddulie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddulie
agingdragqueen wrote:These are just the tablets, they should only work with wifi and wouldn't need to be unlocked.

The question is where are the LTE tablets??? These are just wifi.
Some of us want more than wifi only.

vibes4me

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vibes4me

Must be a good deal all the 10.01 is gone.

skemmis

quality posts: 11 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

vibes4me wrote:Must be a good deal all the 10.01 is gone.

NOPE -- see ADQ's post above. The 10s will be grayed out if you've selected 8s on the "Screen Size" dropdown, and vice versa.

subether

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subether
ddulie wrote:The question is where are the LTE tablets??? These are just wifi.
Some of us want more than wifi only.

I hear the mothership sells unlocked* note tablets with the LTE/cell radios on them. Be prepared to pay and arm and a leg, though.

Failing that, a portable hotspot?

* unlocked as in not bound to a carrier, and not unlocked as in rooted.

joetron2030

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joetron2030
fcalton wrote:This site indicates whether and when KitKat is available for Samsung devices:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059206/82024/EFC-1G6FFEGSTA

That link is only for the versions of the Note that include mobile data and not wifi-only models.