dh4645

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dh4645

price seems a bit high for refurb.

no thanks.

grassynoel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages grassynoel
muihouma wrote:I bought the 10.1, 16gb in December, 2012 from a big box retailer. Eight months later it refused to power up. Sent it back for repairs under warranty. They fixed it but I lost everything that was stored. Again, eight more months it refuses to power up. Samsung said tough, it is out of warranty. I complained mightily that it is a "lemon." Samsung said, okay they will fix it one more time (as a courtesy) but no more after that. Again, I will lose everything that is stored. I am waiting to get it back. Not real happy with this product, maybe time to switch to another brand.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Twice. Would you consider, I don't know, backing up your data?

evorev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evorev

Do these include the additional "free" stuff like 2 years of 50gb Dropbox space?

whispurrr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whispurrr

Be very careful updating to KitKat. I have a note 2014 and an S4, both updated to KitKat and both nearly useless due to it. Read about KitKat first and make sure you want to do it. It's very problematic and once done it can't be undone.

drakar2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drakar2007
evorev wrote:Do these include the additional "free" stuff like 2 years of 50gb Dropbox space?

I'm not sure what the deal is with the "register your samsung device" dropbox bonus, but I got my fiancee one of the Tab 3's that were offered here last week and she got 50* GB of dropbox space just for logging into the dropbox app on the device - no extra registration or anything necessary. Same thing happened when I got my Galaxy S4 last fall (fullprice through Ting).
* - it may have been only 48(?)GB.

I'm rather curious whether the extra space offered on the Samsung site is the same deal, or whether you could do both and stack both bonuses.

Bandrik

quality posts: 73 Private Messages Bandrik
evorev wrote:Do these include the additional "free" stuff like 2 years of 50gb Dropbox space?

It has been reported that even though they're refurbs, the bonuses do work with their serial numbers. You also get that $25 or so in Google Play Store credit (very nice), among other things. Google "samsung galaxy note perks" for the link.

darthroach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darthroach

I bought one of the 2014 models on woot a few weeks ago and I have been checking everyday to see if it was back up. I about hurt myself rushing to order another one.

Get the 32gd one and save yourself the hassle later on.

It is hands down an amazing tablet.
I thought the stylus was a gimmick However it is one of the best features.

ericshmerick

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ericshmerick

Erm, this is a much better deal:

http://r.ebay.com/6XQKy6

ekummel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ekummel
conanthelibrarian wrote:Check out everything you will ever want to know about the Galaxy Note

WOW~ I wish I knew how to do 1/3rd of the stuff on my Note 8 that this video shows!

rbzar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbzar
ericshmerick wrote:Erm, this is a much better deal:

http://r.ebay.com/6XQKy6

Thanks for sharing, but this EBay site is NOT a better deal. It's for a Tab Pro, not a NOTE Pro.

biscuit37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biscuit37

Been waiting for a 10.1 2014 ever since I missed out on the last one.

Now more waiting...

Why no expedited shipping?

Anyways, enough whining, very excited!

jespensc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages jespensc

I have a resolution question:
How can I adjust the resolution (with root or non-root tools) to take advantage of the high pixel density of some of these tablets?

For example, the newer 10in Samsung Note has a 2560x1600 screen, but the OS runs at some 2x scaling ratio so it presents the same size text and icons as if it were running 1280x800 or worse. I know, some folks will argue that it allows for more crisp rendering of text, but the reality is that if I buy a screen of X resolution, and the vendor locks it at x*50%, I'm not really getting much other than bragging rights.

...And the like-minded geniuses at MSFT who decided Win8 will always default to 125% or 150% scaling on high res screens (so that novices only get 1280x768 on a 1920x1080 screen unless they know which 3rd level option to click...) ought to be hit with a stick until the candy falls out. Just sayin'.

eldad9

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eldad9
muihouma wrote: Sent it back for repairs under warranty. They fixed it but I lost everything that was stored.

muihouma wrote:Again, I will lose everything that is stored.

I'm sorry you've had such bad luck (I've had much better experience with multiple Samsung Android devices) but whatever your next device is, please look into backing up whatever data isn't cloud-based (and perhaps switch to more cloud-based apps, so you lose nothing but time required to install the apps and configure the tablet).

toddalin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddalin

I am trying to get the Square extra Warranty... Can't get in it. Push the button, looks locked out or something.

muihouma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muihouma
grassynoel wrote:Would you consider, I don't know, backing up your data?

Thank you for your helpful advice.......I do, and I did but just a "heads up." Anything else you would like to suggest professor? like how to prevent this problem from happening?

kingoflos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kingoflos
toddalin wrote:I am trying to get the Square extra Warranty... Can't get in it. Push the button, looks locked out or something.

Go buy it from the Amazon site. You don't have to buy the Square warranty at the same time as you buy something. Just within X amount of days. I think the limit is 14.

dennybow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dennybow

For me, using the Wacom is a little like patting your head and rubbing your tummy, uncoordinated. Drawing directly on the tablet is way better than drawing somewhere else and watching it on a screen.

lestatct

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lestatct
toddalin wrote:I am trying to get the Square extra Warranty... Can't get in it. Push the button, looks locked out or something.

Note also that SquareTrade doesn't offer accidental damage and handling on refurbs. I bought one when I got my tablet, read that, then returned the warranty and got one somewhere else with ADH.

lestatct

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lestatct
dennybow wrote:For me, using the Wacom is a little like patting your head and rubbing your tummy, uncoordinated. Drawing directly on the tablet is way better than drawing somewhere else and watching it on a screen.

Yeah, I have a Wacom drawing tablet, which I love, but it is odd to do it and keep an eye on the computer monitor while I'm doing it. The Note tablet is so much fun! I also got a Samsung BT S Pen, which is a riot (it has bluetooth headset capability in it....you hold it to your head and talk like on a phone!), but the best part is that it's comfortable to hold for a long time. It has a slight offset when held at an angle, but it's not too bad.

digitaleagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages digitaleagle

I've been looking for a new tablet for a while. I still have the old Viewsonic Gtab, (remember that one?) which I bought on woot a long time ago and it still works.

It was rooted multiple times and never ran the way it should have. (Well almost 80% but it always had performance issues and you could never use all of it's functionality. Now - with only 512mb's of Ram the Gtab bareley does anything well.

I decided to buy the Samsung 10.1 2014 model with 32GB of ram and think it is a pretty good deal. First of all you are getting the best display of any tablet made today. t's even better than the latest Ipad. Second, the processor in this thing is a beast. It has two quad core processors in it! One set that runs when you need the most power - like with complex games. The other set is for more casual work. (Which saves battery life) Even the slower Quad set in this thing is fast. Third - you get 3 Gig of RAM in this ting. Thats more ram than you need today but helps future proof the device. I don't know of any other tablet that comes with 3 Gig of RAM for system code and operation on a tablet.

Some Android purists don't like these tablets because of the other stuff that Samsung adds to it. I personally like the ability to take notes and the other features Samsung has added. (Split screen, photo apps, office apps, note apps, etc.) You still can run any Android app that's available on it as well. I also like the fact that you can add up to a 64GB external Micro SD card to expand your memory to 96GBs! Very nice.

Considering this tablet sells retail for $200 more than this offering and this thing hasn't been out all that long - I'd say it's a good deal. I will be willing to bet that you won't be able to tell this refurb from a brand new one. More than likely someone just returned it and they can't selll it as "new" or Samsung had excess inventory they needed to move. Either way - these all will have been checked out more than once which increases your odds of not having any issues with them.

The only downside is that you only get a 90 day warranty. My experience has been that if it works the first month without problems,chances are you are not going to have problems with it through the life of the product unless you abuse it.

I'm not going to get an extended warranty as I will exercise the daylights out of it during the warranty period. My experience with extended warranties I have purchased is that I have never needed to use one. I think it is a highly profitable business for the warranty providers.

Right now the 10.1 2014 is considered the "Rolls Royce" of tablets on the market today.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
commiebastard wrote:I know that analog clock faces are always set to 10:10 in advertisements, but I'm not clear on this 12:45 thing. Purely from an aesthetic standpoint, I would think that 12:34 would be preferable, because it has four numerals in sequence. If you wanted to show the "best" or "happiest" time, I think that would be something like 5:15 pm.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

digitaleagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages digitaleagle

Just received mine today. Unfortunately it has a nice dent in the top left of the tablet where someone dropped it. It is right over the volume rocker and effects the ability to use it.

I've contacted Woot and am VERY disappointed that Samsung wouldn't fix an obvious defect like this in the refurb process.

I hope the rest of you fair better. This will be my last refurb purchase from Woot.

GalaxyNoteFool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GalaxyNoteFool

Just received my white 10.1 note, except that it's MISSING the S-Pen, AND it's a 16GB, not the 32GB that I ordered, Why The Frown?!!

Not happy with my first Woot purchase. Have contacted support, hope to hear from them tomorrow.

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

Got mine yesterday, applied all updates. Wifi seems slow and disconnects, other devices at home run fine.

Update :after rebooting my cable modem, router and, access point. It's performing much better.
Fingers crossed.

BenChristian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BenChristian

Could have sworn I ordered a 32 gig Note 10.1. Got a 16 gig. Also, weird note - the volume buttons are reversed. Down turns the volume up. Up turns the volume down. At first I thought I was holding it wrong, but unless the power and volume button are in the counter-intuitive lower left, this was put together screwy.
Full-Disclosure: I bought this to read comics with the Comixology app. I have A LOT of digital comics. So after my 16 gig disappointment I ordered a nice 64 gig SD card. Then found out YOU CAN'T TRANSFER APPS TO SD CARD. I can put all of the music, video and pictures I want on there - but I can't move the apps. Which is really frustrating.
I'd be happy (thrilled even) if a.) it were 32 gig like I thought [my error, there I guess] or b.) samsung would let me transfer app (and in turn my digital comics library over to the sd card).
I'm told I can root it, partition the sd card, etc. etc. I just want a refund.
What are my chances?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

BenChristian wrote:Could have sworn I ordered a 32 gig Note 10.1. Got a 16 gig. Also, weird note - the volume buttons are reversed. Down turns the volume up. Up turns the volume down. At first I thought I was holding it wrong, but unless the power and volume button are in the counter-intuitive lower left, this was put together screwy.
Full-Disclosure: I bought this to read comics with the Comixology app. I have A LOT of digital comics. So after my 16 gig disappointment I ordered a nice 64 gig SD card. Then found out YOU CAN'T TRANSFER APPS TO SD CARD. I can put all of the music, video and pictures I want on there - but I can't move the apps. Which is really frustrating.
I'd be happy (thrilled even) if a.) it were 32 gig like I thought [my error, there I guess] or b.) samsung would let me transfer app (and in turn my digital comics library over to the sd card).
I'm told I can root it, partition the sd card, etc. etc. I just want a refund.
What are my chances?

Yes, your order shows that you ordered a 32GB. I'm sorry about the switch-up. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tjn14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjn14
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, your order shows that you ordered a 32GB. I'm sorry about the switch-up. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I also ordered a 32GB and received a 16GB. I contacted support right away, and a few days later got a reply that they would get back to me in a few days. Can you tell me what is happening and what my options are? Thanks!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tjn14 wrote:I also ordered a 32GB and received a 16GB. I contacted support right away, and a few days later got a reply that they would get back to me in a few days. Can you tell me what is happening and what my options are? Thanks!

I'm sorry, I'm not in customer service. They will be your best source of information.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

th30be

quality posts: 0 Private Messages th30be

I ordered a Note 8.0 and I have not gotten it yet. I ordered it through my amazon account and noticed that my address was wrong so now the tablet says it has been delivered but I don't know to where and the woot customer service has yet to send my an email about them when I contacted them. I really don't know what to do here.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

th30be wrote:I ordered a Note 8.0 and I have not gotten it yet. I ordered it through my amazon account and noticed that my address was wrong so now the tablet says it has been delivered but I don't know to where and the woot customer service has yet to send my an email about them when I contacted them. I really don't know what to do here.

If you're missing your order and have yet to receive it, please email into support@woot.com and let them know.
Remember to include your order number and username so they may help you in a timely manner.

You can also use the Woot Support Tab located at the top of the Woot Main page.

Woot Member Services will be able to answer any questions or concerns you have about your order.