Rockets34Life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rockets34Life

Does the simple.tv equipment come with premier service? or do i have to call simple.tv to activate basic service?

atlgeek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages atlgeek

The unit ships with Simple.TV Basic service. However, we include a 30 day trial of Premier Service. Following the trial you have the option to subscribe to either the Annual or Lifetime Premier Service or continue on with the Basic service that was included with your Simple.TV.

Rockets34Life wrote:Does the simple.tv equipment come with premier service? or do i have to call simple.tv to activate basic service?

Simple.TV Staff

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy

Buy a used Boxee on Ebay for $40 and install Navi-X third party software into its repository.....

Done deal.....

As good or better than a jail-broken Apple 2 box.....

wizwor

quality posts: 26 Private Messages wizwor
SimpleTV wrote:In addition to iOS, Android, Roku, and Chromecast, this might be a good place to show off a screenshot of our upcoming Windows Phone 8 client for the first time.

Shhhhh.

- Patrick @ STV

I'd rather see your Fire TV client. We miss you on the forums, Patrick.

wizwor

claynpotter wrote:1. No way to copy recorded file to my PC so I can archive it on DVD or Bluray.

A little good news for you claynpotter. RSS has had a working download function for the V2 (this one) for a week or so. Some smart guys have had this working for all Simple DVRs for months.

claynpotter wrote:4. Roku channel will not let me delete the recorded show, although click on "delete"

It actually does, but the Roku does not know that the show has been deleted. Exit and return to the Roku channel and the shows you deleted should be gone.

supermich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supermich

Can the SD simple.tv discover/use additional SD HDHomeRun tuners on the local network? I've already got a HDHR3-US (2 tuner atsc/qam) and adding a 2-tuner SD DVR having them work together would be great.

wootstalkerbot wrote:[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Your Choice: SiliconDust Streaming Boxes
Price: $79.99 - 149.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Jun 03 to Wednesday, Jun 04) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

wizwor

The short answer is no.

supermich wrote:Can the SD simple.tv discover/use additional SD HDHomeRun tuners on the local network? I've already got a HDHR3-US (2 tuner atsc/qam) and adding a 2-tuner SD DVR having them work together would be great.

SimpleTV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SimpleTV

The reason the Simple.TV is working so hard, especially when you're recording two channels at once, is that as you're recording each show is converted into multiple H.264 streams at the same time.

These multiple streams are different qualities, so when you're at home you see a high quality version and when you're on the road and have less bandwidth available you automatically jump down to the lower quality streams. It's actually a heck of a lot of processing power in there to be able to do that - something that would bog down most (yes, not all) PCs.

-Patrick @ Simple.TV

SimpleTV

supermich wrote:Can the SD simple.tv discover/use additional SD HDHomeRun tuners on the local network? I've already got a HDHR3-US (2 tuner atsc/qam) and adding a 2-tuner SD DVR having them work together would be great.

That would be pretty awesome - but not on the current roadmap. With the number of devices I have kicking around at home or in the office.... thanks, now I want a 50-tuner DVR!

-Patrick @ Simple.TV

SimpleTV

wizwor wrote:I'd rather see your Fire TV client. We miss you on the forums, Patrick.

So would I. I miss you guys too. ;) Reunion party, I'll bring the non-alcoholic beverages?

On a serious note - I'd rather see our Fire TV client as well. We crashed a Fire TV developer event a few weeks back to get a crash course and make sure we can get on but unfortunately it doesn't appear Amazon will allow this at the moment.

-Patrick @ Simple.TV

wizwor

Regardless, some guy on the internet popped the cover off and replaced your fan with his heatsink and has had no problems since.

You'd know that if you visited the Simple forums. You guys abandoned us. Some people do not want to sign up for facebook or twitter to get support. I follow you on twitter, post to your facebook page, and help out in the forums. Why can't you?

SimpleTV wrote:The reason the Simple.TV is working so hard, especially when you're recording two channels at once, is that as you're recording each show is converted into multiple H.264 streams at the same time.

These multiple streams are different qualities, so when you're at home you see a high quality version and when you're on the road and have less bandwidth available you automatically jump down to the lower quality streams. It's actually a heck of a lot of processing power in there to be able to do that - something that would bog down most (yes, not all) PCs.

wizwor

People are side loading apps on the FTV -- the XBMC guys have got a full blown client working on it. No reason you can't post an apk. The old android client *almost* works -- you just need to use a mouse for some of the navigation. Can't you hire an intern to whip this out?

SimpleTV wrote:So would I. I miss you guys too. ;) Reunion party, I'll bring the non-alcoholic beverages?

On a serious note - I'd rather see our Fire TV client as well. We crashed a Fire TV developer event a few weeks back to get a crash course and make sure we can get on but unfortunately it doesn't appear Amazon will allow this at the moment.

SimpleTV

wizwor wrote:People are side loading apps on the FTV -- the XBMC guys have got a full blown client working on it. No reason you can't post an apk. The old android client *almost* works -- you just need to use a mouse for some of the navigation. Can't you hire an intern to whip this out?

We've sideloaded it on the Fire TV as well, and talked about shifting development priorities to move that up, but we're going to spend another month or so on our phone/tablet app with some UI changes and a more traditional grid guide option before we move to optimizing for 10 foot. That release should include Ouya and Fire TV support - game pad and remote. And of course the play button needs a proper focus on Fire TV.

The "almost works" is from button mapping we added for Ouya - once the grid guide development and UI changes (tapping on a show prompts you to record show or series - instead of taking you to a details page where you can lose context, etc) the 10 foot work should move along pretty quickly.

The only pieces that would take a bit longer are auto-updating without using the app store which is pretty much a must-have.

-Patrick @ Simple.TV

wizwor

Cool. Look forward to that. hurry up ;-)

SimpleTV wrote:We've sideloaded it on the Fire TV as well, and talked about shifting development priorities to move that up, but we're going to spend another month or so on our phone/tablet app with some UI changes and a more traditional grid guide option before we move to optimizing for 10 foot. That release should include Ouya and Fire TV support - game pad and remote. And of course the play button needs a proper focus on Fire TV.

The "almost works" is from button mapping we added for Ouya - once the grid guide development and UI changes (tapping on a show prompts you to record show or series - instead of taking you to a details page where you can lose context, etc) the 10 foot work should move along pretty quickly.

The only pieces that would take a bit longer are auto-updating without using the app store which is pretty much a must-have.

SimpleTV

wizwor wrote:Cool. Look forward to that. hurry up ;-)

I'll make sure to whip the appropriate folks. It's taken a few months to learn how not to leave marks.

-Patrick @ Simple.TV

wizwor

SimpleTV wrote:I'll make sure to whip the appropriate folks. It's taken a few months to learn how not to leave marks.

and visit us in the forums

SimpleTV

wizwor wrote:and visit us in the forums

If you promise to be nice, deal.

-Patrick @ Simple.TV

wizwor

SimpleTV wrote:If you promise to be nice, deal.

promise

claynpotter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages claynpotter

Thanks for the update scottjl and Patrick!

SimpleTV wrote:Appreciate the comments.

#1 We recently enabled this on the new dual-tuner models, it’s a lot more complicated than it sounds. Broadcast video is not ready for just throwing into your favorite player or on your favorite device and it took a lot of tweaking to make it usable. We’re working on enabling video downloads for the single-tuner now, we may need to leave the downloads on this model as transport stream files you could watch in VLC or convert using your favorite apps. Still a work in progress - but actively in progress.

2. The deletion isn’t random, when everything is working as it should what you’re seeing are the oldest recorded shows being overwritten by the newest recordings. It would be good at add a “never delete” flag to certain recordings though!

3. Some of the behavior is different depending on your device or Android version since we use their native HLS playback, still some tweaking to do on our side.

4. That one I’m not quite sure about but will peek…. thanks!

- Patrick @ STV

pvalue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pvalue

Does Simple.TV work with unencrypted Qam?

wizwor

Xenrid wrote:Isn't it there already?:
http://www.amazon.com/Simple-TV/dp/B00IMHFOVS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1401732151&sr=8-3&keywords=simple.tv

The app that is there can be side loaded to the Fire, but the controls are not right if you side load it to the Fire TV.

scottjl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages scottjl

Got my Simple.TV 2 tuner unit already, nice fast shipping Woot! Hooked it up, registered it fast and working perfect! The fan on it is a little loud, but it's in the basement so it won't bother anyone but the monsters.

murrr77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murrr77

Just got my dual tuner simple.tv....it's defective...waiting for help from support.

I have a single tuner that worked fine.

michaeljjensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaeljjensen

DOA.
No ethernet lights are lightning up and I've used multiple known good ports and cables.
emailed supported @simpletv and hopefully they'll get the ball rolling for a replacement.