zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

Panasonic Quad-Proof Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Jun 05 to Friday, Jun 06) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

It's a Roomba! Oh wait... never mind.

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Ha! I thought it was a Roomba too.

Here's a video review.

jmunger

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jmunger

$130 new on the mother ship, 4.1 rating.

link

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3664 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page

and

computerworld.com had this on their holiday gift guide 2013

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07

It's a boomba.

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen

Has anyone built a bluetooth speaker into a frisbee yet? That might be fun....

ktappe

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ktappe

Here is the manual if you would like to read all about it: http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SCNT10.PDF

FoxFlame

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FoxFlame

So this is for....

...public outings where you don't want to connect your phone directly to the radio you could have brought with you instead? So it doesn't get stolen?

Like going to the park or something?

klanix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klanix

What I need is a howling outdoor alarm that'll go off automatically in response to noises of a certain volume and/or pitch. Where do I get that and what is it called and does it exist?

HairyButt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HairyButt
klanix wrote:What I need is a howling outdoor alarm that'll go off automatically in response to noises of a certain volume and/or pitch. Where do I get that and what is it called and does it exist?

You can get an app for you phone written to do that, then use this bluetooth speaker to make it a bit louder.

gitchy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gitchy

Quad-proof? I believe Glute-proof makes more sense

wayneqsr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wayneqsr

Gotta watch out for them Quads. They will stomp normal speakers flat, but these things are Quad-proof.
That's great, but if you have kids, you're screwed 'cause they ain't kid proof.

archer5803

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archer5803
ktappe wrote:Here is the manual if you would like to read all about it: http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SCNT10.PDF

I don't get how something can be considered water "proof" if even in the user's manual it says do not expose to rain, dripping, or splashing. In my experience that only constitutes water resistant.

[MOD: It's marketed as "splash-proof" not water-proof]

neptune612

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neptune612
gitchy wrote:Quad-proof? I believe Glute-proof makes more sense

Seriously! Why The Frown? is Quad-proof? Then again, what's a quad and why do bluetooth speakers need to be protected against them or be impervious to them?

boileroomservice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boileroomservice

will this work with a 4s iphone?

pattersondm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pattersondm

Thoughts on how well this would work for dedicated Bluetooth shower speaker?

gwpriester

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gwpriester

Does it vacuum floors?

jwsmed

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jwsmed

Quad-proof? From the specs it shows:

Tough Design:
Splash Proof: Yes
Shock Proof: Yes
Dust Proof: Yes
Freeze/Heat Proof: Yes

It looks like somebody in the Panasonic marketing department was slacking that day. This clearly could have been quint-proof or penta-proof:

Freeze Proof: Yes
Heat Proof: Yes

Aviator8989

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aviator8989
gwpriester wrote:Does it vacuum floors?

Unfortunately it's not DJ Roomba :/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jwsmed wrote:Quad-proof? ....This clearly could have been quint-proof or penta-proof...

Doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jwsmed

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jwsmed
ThunderThighs wrote:Doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely.

Not sure about that, TT. It was probably more of a "What are you crazy? Those 'muricans will not know what that means. Stick with 'quad.' It will sound better." ;)

dignan17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dignan17
jwsmed wrote:It looks like somebody in the Panasonic marketing department was slacking that day. This clearly could have been quint-proof or penta-proof:

I just assumed that Panasonic was trying to market this to college students...

ultrabase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultrabase

According to the manual, the device contains a rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery which is NOT replaceable. So I suppose, if the battery ever stops holding a charge, which is certain to happen someday, all you can do is throw the speaker out.

Wonder if that's why it's on clearance at Woot?

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast
ultrabase wrote:According to the manual, the device contains a rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery which is NOT replaceable. So I suppose, if the battery ever stops holding a charge, which is certain to happen someday, all you can do is throw the speaker out.

Wonder if that's why it's on clearance at Woot?

You have a nice seat for the cat who hopefully wont be too mad when the thing doesn't roll around.

Mattack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mattack

4Watts, doesnt seem like it would be loud enough for an outdoor speaker.

chaseg327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaseg327

I don't see any skip/next track button on this device. I have a water resistant speaker made by Ion Audio right now that currently suffers from the same design oversight. I don't understand what the point of a waterproof speaker is if you still need to take your phone out (thus potentially exposing it to water, dust, etc.) to change the song when needed.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57

HEY, WOOT.....FIX THE LINKS to the Woot! Plus sale on OGIO Apparel.....you click on the shirts and get an "oops!" screen!!

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack this discussion — except, there's no place to comment on the OGIO page, either!!!

cyclefreak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyclefreak

Well, "Freeze/Heat Proof" is really just "Temperature Proof".

But that is better worded as "Temperature resistant". Nothing is truly temperature proof.

jwsmed wrote:Quad-proof? From the specs it shows:

Tough Design:
Freeze/Heat Proof: Yes

It looks like somebody in the Panasonic marketing department was slacking that day. This clearly could have been quint-proof or penta-proof:

Freeze Proof: Yes
Heat Proof: Yes

cyclefreak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyclefreak

So I checked the manual (link posted in earlier comment) hoping to find that this can also be used as a bluetooth speakerphone.

It can. That - to me - increases its usefulness greatly.

Kids! Gather 'round the audio orb so we can chat with Grandma ...

Cajunpeach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cajunpeach
boileroomservice wrote:will this work with a 4s iphone?

Yes, just turn on your bluetooth function and pair with the speaker. Will work with any bluetooth device.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cyclefreak wrote:So I checked the manual (link posted in earlier comment) hoping to find that this can also be used as a bluetooth speakerphone.

It can. That - to me - increases its usefulness greatly.

Kids! Gather 'round the audio orb so we can chat with Grandma ...

Or you could read the features:

Hands-free Speakerphone
You can easily sync your smartphone to use the NT10 as a speakerphone too. When you get a call while listening to music, just press a button on the speaker and start talking hands-free. Ideal for talking while also doing something else.

Now excuse us while we go cry in the corner about our poor unread features.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

I can sound in.

I got this as a gift this last year and it was immediately confiscated by my wife who loves listening to music in the morning. She can leave her phone in the bedroom and have this in the shower so she can belt out a few songs while getting ready for the day.

Since she uses it in the morning it can go several days before recharging. The battery life is pretty long. The charging turnaround time IMO is pretty short too. So your music silence is at a minimum.

The sound is great and at this price it certainly is worth it. The only downside is if you leave your phone elsewhere you have to listen to every song. The speaker won't let you skip songs.

HowardJay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HowardJay

Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries are junk. You WILL have a charge issue with this much sooner than you think.

Cwluc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cwluc

So just to clarify and I did skim through the manual - there are no mounting brackets or anything of the kind on the bottom of this unit in case you want an area say in the bathroom where it would be able to say well away from the potential of any "splashing"...

Woot History ...
1/23/14 Apple MC706LL/A 32GB iPad w/ Wi-Fi Black
2/12/13 MIO Heart Rate Monitor Watches
5/19/12 Apple 64GB iPod Touch -Current Gen
10/22/11 HP P7 Pavilion Quad Core Desktop with 1.5TB Hard Drive
10/29/08 Kingston 16GB USB 2.0 Data Traveler Thumbdrive
7/16/2008 Oppo 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI

mmh6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmh6

Got this for my kid for Christmas because it got a good review on PCMag. Paid full price. It's a nice little speaker. Definitely worthwhile at half price. Haven't used it enough to talk about battery.

DavidHart

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DavidHart

Am I the only one who was thinking that Quad-proof meant that you could run over it with an ATV...

Could be fun setting a bunch of these up as an obstacle course...

danmanx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danmanx

I'm still on the fence on this one...in some ways I feel it would be a great use for music outside and everything etc....

To me, it doesn't really stand out against the cheaper bluetooth sound devices. How is the sound??

rcbutchko

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rcbutchko

I am, as well, looking for a shower speaker. This if from the .pdf manual:
About the IPX4 (liquid ingress protection level against splashing water)
This unit is compatible to operate after splashing from nozzles approximately 1.8 L/min (0.5 gallon/min) of room temperature tap water from every direction approximately 20 cm (8q) from this unit for 10 minutes. Supplied USB cable is not splashproof.

It looks like it should work.

TT, how about putting a bluetooth transmitter for my Sansa mp3 players up (like, today, so I can get this)?

Note bene: there is a more waterproof speaker on sale under the electronics/bluetooth tag. It's $10 more, off the same starting price.