pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Read a story on NBC about too many hippopotamuses somewhere in South America and now I have an ear worm and it's not even Christmas.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Read a story on NBC about too many hippopotamuses somewhere in South America and now I have an ear worm and it's not even Christmas.

Failing completely to make the hippopotamus + Christmas song connection.

Oh well. Today is a wash, I'm going to admit I'm getting absolutely nothing done other than emergency email care. Was supposed to have a meeting with my supervisor, but not happening (not the one I called yesterday, my local one). I need to know whether I'm traveling for work, or if I can plan some vacation time! Looking at taking the versions to the Oregon coast (and checking out some apartments for a possible move while we are in the area).

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

You're welcome.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:

You're welcome.

Aww, have to go to YouTube to see it.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Seeking photo upload advice. I uploaded a photo to photobucket, how do I get the location code to put it on here?

Thanks in advance.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jawsuser wrote:Seeking photo upload advice. I uploaded a photo to photobucket, how do I get the location code to put it on here?

Thanks in advance.

Take the URL (i.e http://www.xxxxx.com) and place it in-between the BB code:

[img]http://www.xxxx.com[img] <---put a "/" at the front of img

then it will look like this:

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
ROGETRAY wrote:Take the URL (i.e http://www.xxxxx.com) and place it in-between the BB code:

[img]http://www.xxxx.com[img] <---put a "/" at the front of img

then it will look like this:

Thanks Rogetray. I understand how to use the BB code. My question is where do I find the address to put between the BB code on the photobucket webside?

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
jawsuser wrote:Thanks Rogetray. I understand how to use the BB code. My question is where do I find the address to put between the BB code on the photobucket webside?

If you are viewing your picture in photobucket, over on the right, you should see a section for 'links to share this photo', the bottom/4th option should be for 'IMG' click on that and it should automatically copy, or you might need to manually do so. and just paste the copied text into your post and it should take care of everything for you.

...test

Mavyn

Yay for fairy moss!

Once the picture is uploaded, you can select it and then get the options shown on the right. Here's a screen shot. You can double click it for a larger view.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Morning.

That is all.

Oh, it is hot.

I don't like hot.

ick

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

My computer will only load woot.
Can't get on facebook. It goes but won't load the comments.
Can't see either of my email accounts. Same thing. Loads but won't show the email.

Gee, you really don't want to be a garbage man. The truck leaves before they are done, they have to run after it.

OK, squirrel (or garbage truck) is gone.
My husbands computer is working fine.

I'M DOOOOOOOOMED!

I think I can load the sitethatmustnotbenamed...guess I'll read that.

It is mom day, she is waiting for a repair man. Gotta walk Rusty.
Might have to do mom day really late.
saving my shower until after the doggie walk.
Did I mention how I don't like heat???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:
Did I mention how I don't like being in heat???

tmi

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:

OK, squirrel (or garbage truck) is gone.

I'm confused. Is this a squirrel sized garbage truck? Or a garbage truck disguised as a squirrel? IS A SQUIRREL STEALING THE GARBAGE TRUCK?!

I think Rusty is right, this is not to be trusted.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:I'm confused. Is this a squirrel sized garbage truck? Or a garbage truck disguised as a squirrel? IS A SQUIRREL STEALING THE GARBAGE TRUCK?!

I think Rusty is right, this is not to be trusted.

Ha! As a veteran translator of D'namespeak, I understood this. Rusty was barking, but whether it was at a squirrel or the garbage truck was undetermined.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Ha! As a veteran translator of D'namespeak, I understood this. Rusty was barking, but whether it was at a squirrel or the garbage truck was undetermined.

... rusty's her son, rite?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Ha! As a veteran translator of D'namespeak, I understood this. Rusty was barking, but whether it was at a squirrel or the garbage truck was undetermined.

Haven't heard the term "D'namespeak" in a long time. Gave me a giggle.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

You all flunk!

When the garbage truck went by, I wrote about it. So it was me who saw the squirrel and lost track of what I was saying. (The squirrel was the garbage truck)

WtheF is wrong with my computer??? I'm not showing the product pictures here and can't get any content when I go to other sites like gmail or facebook.
Hubbies computer is working fine. I think I'll steal it!

Mom day is in flux. She thought she was waiting for the air conditioner repair man in the AM. Nope, it is the PM. No mom day till his is gone.

I mentioned food shopping tonight, because I have a Dr appt in the afternoon tomorrow. That confused her.

She is thinking bank, not food. Well the bank is closed at night.

Couldn't do Mom day yesterday, because she was waiting for service men for her hot water. Than service guy made the appt for today, but she swears he said AM

I did mention is she was in the retirement village run by the nuns, she wouldn't have to worry about any of this! It is expensive, but they even give you meals, transportation to stores, church, they have a beauty parlor (which is of the upmost importance to her. She never washes her hair at home. She firmly believes you can't wash hair in the shower, you have to do it in the sink in the basement)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

Where's the fun in that? :P

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

As for Rusty, the mailman just parked in front of the house, he is barking and expecting me to do something about it.
I can't convince him that we want the mail!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote: wash hair in the shower, you have to do it in the sink in the basement)

Unbelievable. My mother was the same. Was sure she'd get soap in her eyes if she washed her hair in the shower. It was always the kitchen sink.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Unbelievable. My mother was the same. Was sure she'd get soap in her eyes if she washed her hair in the shower. It was always the kitchen sink.

Couldn't get hair in the shower drain. That is what I was told.

She swears I will all go bald because I wash my hair too often.

Could be true....Hubby was washing his hair 3X a day when I met him. He was a clean hippy!

He was starting to lose hair back then.

Still is. He is down to maybe 8 hair washings a week now. Not much left to wash.

He uses endless shampoo.
Not sure how.
His longest hair is less than an inch long. Except for the 30 hairs on the top of his head he refuses to shave off!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

The TMI of the day...what about washing the 'other' hairy bits? O.O

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! I can't get to woot on my phone so I had to drag out my ipad. Our wifi is terrible here at the beach. I just wanted to
Check in. We are fine and expect only a little rain from the hurricane. Elizabeth has to have oral Surgery on Tuesday so we are going back to the mountains. She grinds her teeth. Telling a 20 month old toddler to stop doesn't seem to work well. The stove is going to ding so I have to run! Happy Independence Day!

pooflady

joyner wrote:Hey everybody! I can't get to woot on my phone so I had to drag out my ipad. Our wifi is terrible here at the beach. I just wanted to
Check in. We are fine and expect only a little rain from the hurricane. Elizabeth has to have oral Surgery on Tuesday so we are going back to the mountains. She grinds her teeth. Telling a 20 month old toddler to stop doesn't seem to work well. The stove is going to ding so I have to run! Happy Independence Day!

She didn't used to have any trouble posting from the beach. I wonder what changed.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:She didn't used to have any trouble posting from the beach. I wonder what changed.

Probably the quality of her internet service. I've got friends in the southeast that say their service has just crumbled under the new rules.

So my job is available! I really need someone to fill it (I'm promoted or moving). Moving help provided, pay stinks, great affiliations with AmeriCorp program for life, education benefit, -state- residency if you are thinking of school later, AmeriCorp provides an education grant too! If anyone wants to take over working with robots and kids and have an awesome experience - Message me!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:The TMI of the day...what about washing the 'other' hairy bits? O.O

Well, since he showers, they all get washed.

Turned dark and thunder at times. Even Rusty didn't trust it, pooped and let me walk home.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I bought a sudoku book at the supermarket, and got the first one totally wrong!
The very easy one.
I paid to be annoyed!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hubby fixed my computer!

The thunder and lighting made the lights blink, but not go out!

Did the second sudoku wrong too. The book lies. I bought 4 of them at $1 each. UGHHHH Guess they will be donated and I will wait for monday and tuesday in the newspaper. (The sudoku get harder as the week goes on.)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Argh! That stupid boot is rubbing my shin where I had an infection a few years ago that was terribly hard to get rid of and the skin is thin there. Don't dare let that keep rubbing but don't know what to do. Still have a hard time believing I actually need this friggin' huge boot for a broken little toe, but every time I Google broken toes, it says the same thing, if it's in the joint, that's what you need. (Yes, that's the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.) I didn't even know the little toe had a joint.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Argh! That stupid boot is rubbing my shin where I had an infection a few years ago that was terribly hard to get rid of and the skin is thin there. Don't dare let that keep rubbing but don't know what to do. Still have a hard time believing I actually need this friggin' huge boot for a broken little toe, but every time I Google broken toes, it says the same thing, if it's in the joint, that's what you need. (Yes, that's the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.) I didn't even know the little toe had a joint.

Can you put some padding at the top of the boot (one of the foam things or something?)

Hmmm... I don't even go to the doctor when I break my toes anymore, I just put on a good solid shoe and tape my toes if they need it. I don't go in for my broken fingers either.

pooflady

Good morning. Looks like a beautiful day here. Temperature's down, dewpoint's down. Happy, happy.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

No crap for me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:No crap for me.

I forgot about it. Even had a Post-it on the monitor.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Interesting day.

Missed crap

Dr drained my knee, and it is swelling up already.

Got Rusty's walk in before it started to storm!

Daughter and boyfriend are breaking up, but are still friends. He will move home in Aug. Don't know if his mom knows yet.

Son is driving down from Buffalo . Just told me that his girlfriend's sister is staying here over the weekend. I guess their Dad made good on his ..if you date white guys I'll disown you.. threat.

My tooth just broke off a piece, but it doesn't hurt.

Can't decide if it was a good or bad day.

I guess if we keep power in the storm, it will be a good day.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Interesting day.

Missed crap

Dr drained my knee, and it is swelling up already.

Got Rusty's walk in before it started to storm!

Daughter and boyfriend are breaking up, but are still friends. He will move home in Aug. Don't know if his mom knows yet.

Son is driving down from Buffalo . Just told me that his girlfriend's sister is staying here over the weekend. I guess their Dad made good on his ..if you date white guys I'll disown you.. threat.

My tooth just broke off a piece, but it doesn't hurt.

Can't decide if it was a good or bad day.

I guess if we keep power in the storm, it will be a good day.

You're right, you did have an interesting day.

Why is bf waiting till August?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:You're right, you did have an interesting day.

Why is bf waiting till August?

Not sure. Maybe he paid rent.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

This is ridiculous. Turned off the ac and opened the windows this morning for the first time in weeks. I'm now going to close at least the window in my office because it's chilly.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:This is ridiculous. Turned off the ac and opened the windows this morning for the first time in weeks. I'm now going to close at least the window in my office because it's chilly.

Chilly? I'll take chilly!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Chilly? I'll take chilly!

You'll probably get it tomorrow. It's only 61 here now.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:You'll probably get it tomorrow. It's only 61 here now.

61? After a hot week, that would feel like 30. I'll have to take out my coat again.

Crazy!

The weather is crazy!

Called Son to see if he had a key. He isn't even sure what state he is in.
GPS has some downfalls over using a map.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!