12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3178 Private Messages lichme

Review from pcmag.com

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Looks like an Apple iClean...

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3908 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments from when this was offered in May

KKadow

quality posts: 12 Private Messages KKadow

In case anybody else was wondering, Evolution Robotics "Mint" is now branded as iRobot's "Braava".

ktappe

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ktappe

I would be wary. Several reviewers echo what this guy says: "it was more work stopping the machine and putting on a new clean cloth every couple of minutes than it would be mopping it myself."

Most of the 5-star reviews on Amazon have only had the device for a week so they couldn't know very well yet how it truly works.

a1000wtp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages a1000wtp

I've been waiting for a floor cleaner like this to come on woot. Any one have any first hand experience? I don't exactly have a lot of money to spend so I don't want to waste it on something that doesn't do anything.

dsscheibe

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dsscheibe

I havea microfiber dust mop I can save the money and push it my self and do a better job..

Flona

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Flona

Heh, I just posted about this yesterday somewhere. I bought this back in May, have used it everyday since and love it (running daily since May 18). It's not all fancy and powerful. It doesn't scrub. It rolls about my place Swiffering the heck out of my wood floors, gathering up the dust bunny spawn from where they hide underneath furniture, and that's really all I need it to do. I run the mop mode once a week in each room, and sweep mode everyday. I use the disposable pads, and it picks up all kinds of dust, dirt, pollen, hair, and even those annoying strands of hay that magically appear everywhere in my house even though the rabbit stays in one room (as far as I know). I *hate* doing floors, and I am super lazy when it comes to cleaning. I did one deep clean on the floors, and have had the Mint doing maintenance, and my floors have never stayed so clean for so long. I balked at spending several hundred on fancier models, but $140 was reasonable, and I don't regret it.

My advice to people considering buying it, is to be realistic. It doesn't replace a good scrub. It won't suck up all those peas your kid drops under the table while you're not looking. It's a robot Swiffer. It will gather up all that shed monster hair under the bed. The mopping mode isn't up to your grandmother's standards, but it's good enough for in between jobs. Definitely my favorite Woot! purchase so far.

Flona

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Flona
dsscheibe wrote:I havea microfiber dust mop I can save the money and push it my self and do a better job..

This video is accurate of my experience. The mop mode is fine for light stuff. For gooey thick stuff, you'll need to put in a bit of bending and elbow grease. If you're floor regularly looks like the ketchup and congealed coffee, you'll want something a bit more powerful than the Mint.

For the sweeping mode test, they should have put some typical dry mess on the floor for testing and then given a shot of the floor and the pad at the end. Even a human powered dry mop is not going to get that day-old ketchup and congealed coffee off the floor.

hpark21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hpark21

I have the iRobot branded model (looks identical) which I got from Best Buy on Christmas.

It does NOT do as good a job as a human. However, it does not complain like one either. Just let it run through more often. This one is SUPER silent. One can not even tell it is running often times even if I am in the room with it.

I just use disposable swiffer style sheet and toss it afterwards.

cbrbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cbrbabe

how is this with picking up kitty litter and pet fur ?

videogrinch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages videogrinch

I've had a Mint for almost 2 years. We have two cats. The Mint does an awesome job getting in the spaces that you can't easily get to. Under the couches, coffee table, dining room table, etc. I have never used the wet option. The dry option certainly picks up enough cat fur to make you feel like a hoarder. The nav cube eats the batteries more often than I would like. I wish I could just plug it into the wall. I have used the two cloths that come with it since I got it. I scrub it in the shower and hang to dry it. If you put it in the washing machine you can't use softener. Only takes a minute to scrub it by hand and then air dry. All in all I love this thing.

msstatecoletrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msstatecoletrain
cbrbabe wrote:how is this with picking up kitty litter and pet fur ?

It does just as well as you would do pushing around a Swiffer sweeper. This is not a vacuum.

yyysky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yyysky

Will this do multiple rooms, or just where the navigation box is?

alvinrocket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alvinrocket

Years ago I got a deal on a couple of pallets of Robomaids which I then sold on Amazon. These appear to work about the same way, but sweeping in a pattern rather than random.

I had an experience with a Robomaid that I don't want to repeat. I turned it on and went out. When I returned, I found that the sweeper had caught a small piece of gravel and drug it around the living room, scratching up the hardwood floors. It looks like the Mint would do the exact same thing. Any comments from someone who has one of these?

I would really prefer to have a robot do the cleaning, but only a human knows when to stop before destroying the floor. If only I weren't so lazy...

kulkarniash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kulkarniash

How does it compare against neato XV 12,

thomaslo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomaslo
kulkarniash wrote:How does it compare against neato XV 12,

I have both. One doesn't replace the other.

The mint is more of a swifter than an actual mop, but you can simulate mopping by leaving small puddles of cleaning solution around the area it will clean. Even the wet cloth on the mint is more like a wet swifter than an actual mop. To clean my apartment, I run the mint once, dry. Then I run the neato, then I run the mint again, with the wet cloth. The mint gets into some areas the neato cant because its smaller, but the mint also has a tendency to get stuck behind my couch if I forget to block the area off. In all this process leaves my floors super clean. But then again, I have tile and pergo in my apartment. That stuff is pretty easy to clean anyway.

desneeae

quality posts: 2 Private Messages desneeae

I bought one a while back, and for the most part, I really like it. If your floors are really, really dusty, you may need to let it do its thing a few times the first time you use it(or babysit it and change the cloths every 10 minutes), but after that, you're good to go! The scrubbing mode is sorta worthless, and I'd only use that if the floor was already pretty clean and I just wanted to wipe up light water marks or small droplets of spills. It's as quiet as a mouse, so I run it at night right when I go to bed.

I hate to clean, and so for me, this thing is the answer to my prayers. Yes, swiffering is easy and quick, but if you're like me and you even hate doing that, the Mint is the answer. Oh...I buy the dusting cloths at the dollar store. They work just as good as the more expensive ones.

paulw1128

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulw1128
kulkarniash wrote:How does it compare against neato XV 12,

The XV12 is a vacuum - this is just a mop. They are completely different!

wait - I did a quality post? When?!?

Yoooder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Yoooder

I got one of these for my engineered hardwood floors and am very happy. In both sweep and mop modes it gives everything a decent wipe-down. It won't scrub up any big mess, but does a good job of light cleaning. The mopping is great for my engineered floors because it doesn't leave much moisture behind.

It works best if I run it on sweep one day, and mop the next. If the floors are already pretty clean it also has a "quick" mode where it skips a lot of the edge-work and covers as much area as possible.

iadams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iadams
alvinrocket wrote:Years ago I got a deal on a couple of pallets of Robomaids which I then sold on Amazon. These appear to work about the same way, but sweeping in a pattern rather than random.

I had an experience with a Robomaid that I don't want to repeat. I turned it on and went out. When I returned, I found that the sweeper had caught a small piece of gravel and drug it around the living room, scratching up the hardwood floors. It looks like the Mint would do the exact same thing. Any comments from someone who has one of these?

I would really prefer to have a robot do the cleaning, but only a human knows when to stop before destroying the floor. If only I weren't so lazy...

I've read similar stories involving certain pet 'messes' that ended up being tracked all over the house and ground into carpeting.

SkiTrent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SkiTrent

I recently just bought one of these during the last offer on Woot.

The product does what it says. I dont think the navigation cube does all that much, but in the end it helps. If you have dogs, it will gather and sweep dust and hair. On the flip side, it will abandon hair balls along edges of carpets.

As for mopping, I do not think I will ever use it.

Overall, for the price I would recommend this device. Do not think it will replace vacuuming or mopping needs.

kulkarniash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kulkarniash
paulw1128 wrote:The XV12 is a vacuum - this is just a mop. They are completely different!

Thanks, just got neato XV12 from walmart for 200$, so i dont this one for now

stretta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stretta
a1000wtp wrote:I've been waiting for a floor cleaner like this to come on woot. Any one have any first hand experience? I don't exactly have a lot of money to spend so I don't want to waste it on something that doesn't do anything.

We have two, been using them for about two years, both for sweeping and mopping. If you manually use a dry swifter to clean large swaths of bare hardwood floor, then you're a candidate for the mint. If you don't, then this product is not for you.

note2001

quality posts: 27 Private Messages note2001

I love how robotic floor cleaners have become a staple in so many first world households. Wonder how long it will be before kids grow up to have no idea how to 'operate' a broom or mop. (seriously!)

carochel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carochel

I bought one of these (for $100 from BigLots) because the lower floor of my big house in the woods has mainly hardwood floors, a kitchen, laundry, and solarium floor of linoleum, a lounge with really plush carpet, and I have little desire to deal with any of it. My seven cats, "The Swirl", aren't much help in the floor-maintenance department either.

My first negative feeling came when I read the instructions to "sweep the floor" first. WHAT??? If I wanted to sweep, why would I buy a machine to do precisely that in the first place? But the instructions went on to warn me that damage can be done by something sharp being trapped by the pad, so I calmed down and proceeded.

Okay...cute little thing scoots around bumping into stuff, getting redirected by furniture legs, food and water bowls, and whatever has taken up residence in the space. The dry sweep pad dutifully collected an impressive amount of debris, but I was delighted to set the machine humming with its wet pad working. Hmmm...not too shabby for a while, but then the pad starts to dry out, and has collected too much dirt, cat hair, stray cat food bits, cat litter, yard detritus, and whatever to be effective. I washed the pad and set the robot critter up again, starting from a different angle.

Between having to sweep first, and running out of wet before the floor was clean, I quit and just let the robot sit in the corner unused and sorry I'd bought it. But my precious neighbor asked if she could use it for a bathroom floor that she and her daughter share--and which faces daily hairspray that collects to impossible depth. She LOVES it!!

Bottom line: Not for huge area of messy floors. Nor throw rugs. Nor cleaning up behind one little congested snot-producing kitty or the occasional regurgitation of a meal or hairball.

But wait!! Enter the Roomba iRobot sweeper first!! (Offered 5/29 on Woot!) Now we're talking! Turn the Roomba sweeper on first to actually sweep up the debris, then follow with the Mint wet pad and the floors stand a chance. Not the fully dried snot (which NASA could use to glue tiles on spacecraft), but most everything else. Especially if I remember to put little 'spills' of soapy water here and there across the expanse of flooring so the pad can refresh itself.

So, small floors...great! Larger floors working behind a Roomba sweeper...great! But keep in mind that the Mint, unlike the Roomba, does not do rugs.

marikoday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marikoday

I know they've had this in the past, anyone care to guess on the likelihood they will offer this again? I'm trying to decide if I should jump on it now or wait a few months (because it would be better for my checkbook if I waited.)

Also, I have my own microfiber cloths that I would prefer to use. Is that an option?

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 12 Private Messages BIGELLOW

For those that are concerned that the wet pads dry out before the entire floor is mopped, there is a reservoir pad you can get and it will fit this model. (You might look for new ones on eBay.) You can fill it with water (or certain cleaning solutions), wet the pad, and then it will continue to keep the pad wet for the whole cycle.

Regardless, it still does a pretty decent job with the dry swiffer action. It helps to get the dust bunnies from underneath furniture.

Really, this is for daily touch-ups. If something spills on the floor and needs to be cleaned, I wouldn't reach for this thing. It should just be used when you have a few minutes to set it and forget it, but don't have ten minutes to do the job it does in thirty minutes.

stryper2000

quality posts: 51 Private Messages stryper2000
cbrbabe wrote:how is this with picking up kitty litter and pet fur ?

it can pick up a kitty and let it ride for a bit

x43

territ88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages territ88
a1000wtp wrote:I've been waiting for a floor cleaner like this to come on woot. Any one have any first hand experience? I don't exactly have a lot of money to spend so I don't want to waste it on something that doesn't do anything.

I've had one for about a month, and we run it about every 3-4 days. We are one man, one woman and one 4-year-old in the household, so no pet traffic. We also try to always take shoes off at the door (and ask guests to do the same) to limit floor grime. This thing does a decent job. It won't scrub hard, caked-on, sticky stuff, but if you start with a generally clean floor, and run this every few days, your floor will stay looking pretty good.

You just have to be very diligent about thoroughly cleaning it when it's done, but that doesn't take long. I'm just sad to see it cost $80 less here than I paid, d'oh!

carochel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carochel
marikoday wrote:I know they've had this in the past, anyone care to guess on the likelihood they will offer this again? I'm trying to decide if I should jump on it now or wait a few months (because it would be better for my checkbook if I waited.)

Also, I have my own microfiber cloths that I would prefer to use. Is that an option?

Since these just "punch on" with finger-grab type holes on the back/under side, I would think any material of the right dimensions would work just fine.

Just a quick Word to the Wise: Don't dawdle too long deciding whether to take advantage of the Woot! sale, chum. Otherwise you may have months to wait or more to pay.

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103

OK--- I put in a $350 order this AM, I have a $58 email response---so what's up with the rest of my order?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cole103 wrote:OK--- I put in a $350 order this AM, I have a $58 email response---so what's up with the rest of my order?

We were having some ordering problems with the towels on Sellout earlier today. The colors cranberry, moss, and wedgewood were sold out but didn't show them as such on the order page. All orders affected by this were canceled when the problem was fixed.

You will need to redo your order. I don't see a $58 order. I see one for a bit more than that from yesterday.

If you further questions, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mschrenk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mschrenk
Flona wrote:Heh, I just posted about this yesterday somewhere. I bought this back in May, have used it everyday since and love it (running daily since May 18). It's not all fancy and powerful. It doesn't scrub. It rolls about my place Swiffering the heck out of my wood floors, gathering up the dust bunny spawn from where they hide underneath furniture, and that's really all I need it to do. I run the mop mode once a week in each room, and sweep mode everyday. I use the disposable pads, and it picks up all kinds of dust, dirt, pollen, hair, and even those annoying strands of hay that magically appear everywhere in my house even though the rabbit stays in one room (as far as I know). I *hate* doing floors, and I am super lazy when it comes to cleaning. I did one deep clean on the floors, and have had the Mint doing maintenance, and my floors have never stayed so clean for so long. I balked at spending several hundred on fancier models, but $140 was reasonable, and I don't regret it.

My advice to people considering buying it, is to be realistic. It doesn't replace a good scrub. It won't suck up all those peas your kid drops under the table while you're not looking. It's a robot Swiffer. It will gather up all that shed monster hair under the bed. The mopping mode isn't up to your grandmother's standards, but it's good enough for in between jobs. Definitely my favorite Woot! purchase so far.

Well said. We go one on the last woot sale and love it. Don't expect it to be the same as hiring a cleaning service.

marikoday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marikoday

Thanks, I am going for it!

carochel wrote:Since these just "punch on" with finger-grab type holes on the back/under side, I would think any material of the right dimensions would work just fine.

Just a quick Word to the Wise: Don't dawdle too long deciding whether to take advantage of the Woot! sale, chum. Otherwise you may have months to wait or more to pay.

randyest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randyest

Before I purchased I followed a youtube link to a related video that I can't find anymore -- help! Some nice lady mentioned in her review that she used bulk rolls of 3M swiffer-like product that was a lot cheaper than swiffer ... it was kid of blueish colored. Does anyone know where to get it or what it's called?

yuehan2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yuehan2

I was looking forward to having a mint, and was very excited when i saw this deal on woot.
I placed the order immediately.
Today, I received order, when I opened the box, it is so obvious that it is open box item or refurbished item.
What have you received, brand new, or open box, refurbished?

girlmeetsgeek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages girlmeetsgeek

The. Best. Robot-Thingie I Ever Bought.

First off, the thing is slim, but it's a beast. The great design makes snapping the cloth holder off with 2 fingers a breeze. It has conquered my entire kitchen/living room and bathroom in about 2 hours. And, it SCRUBS.

The thing moves back and forth and mimics real mopping motions. I took a damp paper towel to the areas it went over and they weren't disgusting. If something fell on the floor, I might have let my toddler eat it. MAYBE.

This thing is perfection for in-between cleanings. It's worth the money.

Passes the, "neat-freak" test. I love my Mint.

jennievh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennievh

Super happy with this. I have Pergo in the kitchen and wood elsewhere. I have a crapton of Swiffer sheets because I think they're a great idea, but I'm lazy.

So I set it loose with the Swiffer sheets, let it finish, replaced the sheet and started it again... my floors have never felt so clean. Set it loose in the kitchen with the dampened mopping cloth... honestly, it did a great job. I'll have my son neaten up the edges of the room (mopping is his job, but he is a lazy teenager), but I'm extremely pleased. It ventured under my bed and only got lost once, under my cedar chest. Cleaned up a ton of dog hair on the Swiffer sheets and went under my dresser with ease. I'm tickled PINK.