WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Samsung Galaxy Note Tablets

♬♬♬♬♩♪♫♩♪♫♩♪♫♩♪♫♩! Just like that, except these Notes also have apps, too.

Rayzdaroof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rayzdaroof

Factory reconditioned..... Does it come with any scratches or markings from previous owners?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Rayzdaroof wrote:Factory reconditioned..... Does it come with any scratches or markings from previous owners?

There may be some blemishes or imperfections that do not affect the function of the tablet.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

boatshoes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages boatshoes

I bought a reconditioned brown Note 8 from woot! back in October that came with a book cover for $289. I love it, it's fast and responsive, and the stylus has some really nifty features to it. The only blemish on mine was a scratch on the back of the book cover (which I no longer use, having replaced it with a more padded cover). The tablet itself was spotless. Highly recommend!
Check here for list of devices that have received the latest version of KitKat.

Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years

dalem589

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dalem589

The one I got from WOOT a few weeks ago was perfect, and even came in the correct box, with the charger and USB cable. It has been a joy to use, surpassing in some ways my 4th gen iPad, which is an excellent device. I found a camera card reader that allows me to plug in both an SD card and a memory stick. The device handles photos and files very well. I also bought a 64GB card for it, and have so much storage now. It does very occasionally glitch, but a quick restart and it always is fixed. A fantastic tablet.

garretta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garretta

I own Galaxy TAB 3 8.0 and NOTE 10.1 (2014) and surprised how much more snappy the NOTE is vs TAB.

I think it's one of those perspective things.. if all you had was TAB, you'd be totally happy. The NOTE is faster and the kiddos really like drawing with stylus (and the various stylus controls -- more than just a simple pointer).

I suggest that NOTE is very much worth the extra $$$ for the comparable screen size.

enjoy.

Oddwhun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oddwhun

This past month Samsung just pushed out the update for the Note series, so even though its listed as running Jelly Bean you can update it to Kit Kat almost immediately.

bobengle3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobengle3

Figures. I finally pull the trigger on the Note 10.1 Woot was offering three days ago, and before I even get it in the mail, the 2014 edition is on here. What a Bunch 'O Crap.

obdshawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obdshawn

well the Memory is too small 16G,maybe i can't cherish the 16 g

apdmello

quality posts: 1 Private Messages apdmello

Bought one of these earlier. I think that Samsung starts the warranty countdown when they give these to Woot. Therefore, the warranty will be expired if you need service. This isn't Woot's fault, but it's an uphill battle dealing with Samsung's customer service.

joshv517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshv517
obdshawn wrote:well the Memory is too small 16G,maybe i can't cherish the 16 g

Don't forget that the Notes support expandable memory!

ayinwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayinwoot
bobengle3 wrote:Figures. I finally pull the trigger on the Note 10.1 Woot was offering three days ago, and before I even get it in the mail, the 2014 edition is on here. What a Bunch 'O Crap.

If I remember correctly, the 10.1s offered on the 11th were indeed 2014 editions. This is basically the same deal except it's in a woot+ event instead of a daily woot. As far as 3 days ago... not sure...

dalem589

garretta wrote:I own Galaxy TAB 3 8.0 and NOTE 10.1 (2014) and surprised how much more snappy the NOTE is vs TAB.

I think it's one of those perspective things.. if all you had was TAB, you'd be totally happy. The NOTE is faster and the kiddos really like drawing with stylus (and the various stylus controls -- more than just a simple pointer).

I suggest that NOTE is very much worth the extra $$$ for the comparable screen size.

enjoy.

I find the Note to be very responsive, easily the equal of my iPad4.

dalem589

Rayzdaroof wrote:Factory reconditioned..... Does it come with any scratches or markings from previous owners?

Mine was perfect in every way

dalem589

ayinwoot wrote:If I remember correctly, the 10.1s offered on the 11th were indeed 2014 editions. This is basically the same deal except it's in a woot+ event instead of a daily woot. As far as 3 days ago... not sure...

Exactly, as I got that deal and it was the 10.1 2014 edition, with 32GB

redstang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redstang

Damn you woot, you just couldn't stop selling these. I don't really need one, but you just kept at it and kept at it, so I finally got a new tablet. I hope all the high praise reviews are correct.

Timing is everything - especially when wOOting!

bobengle3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobengle3
ayinwoot wrote:If I remember correctly, the 10.1s offered on the 11th were indeed 2014 editions. This is basically the same deal except it's in a woot+ event instead of a daily woot. As far as 3 days ago... not sure...

http://computers.woot.com/offers/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-tablets

This is the Woot I'm referring to. June 15th. I understand, that's always a risk when buying technology, especially if you are trying to avoid paying full price... It's just annoying when that happens.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I'm an Android itty bitty baby, what are the primary differences between the 8.0 and 10.1 being offered here? Can they both be updated to Kit Kat?

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Upon some googlewebzors research it appears that the 8 inch version is more difficult to take notes on, which I suppose is a big fat, "DUH".

merlinmurph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlinmurph

About the upgrade to Kit Kat.....
This is an easy upgrade, right?

xnickbarone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xnickbarone
merlinmurph wrote:About the upgrade to Kit Kat.....
This is an easy upgrade, right?

Yes, it's just an Android software upgrade. You can do it wirelessly via System Update in Settings, or you can download Samsungs Kies program to your computer and update it from there.

Rustytraps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rustytraps

Hey, does anyone know if these tablets if purchased here in the USA will work in Europe - Poland? I want to get one for my grandson who lives in Poland and is coming to the USA for a visit next week. Please let me know ASAP. Thank you!

wolfroolz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfroolz

Can anyone confirm that you get the Dropbox for two years with purchase of the refurbished note? The 2 years I got when I purchased my phone is expiring in August, and if I factor in the renewal charge, this makes the tablet a great deal.

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

I just got mine today...and am very happy with it, compared to my older Toshiba Thrive.
The Note is very sharp and quick, but it Will take some adjusting, since many things are different from one tablet to another!
Much Thinner than my Thrive, and lighter, of course.
Sound is better, and I won't need to download a speaker boost app.
But now I need to move All my music and pix over to it from the Thrive!
$300 seems like a lot to spend, but being so much newer, quicker and better than my older tablet...I think I can justify the expense! Now...wonder if I can Sell the Thrive?!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

chocu1a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chocu1a
wolfroolz wrote:Can anyone confirm that you get the Dropbox for two years with purchase of the refurbished note? The 2 years I got when I purchased my phone is expiring in August, and if I factor in the renewal charge, this makes the tablet a great deal.

Yes, you do, but I am not sure if it will stack on the same account.
You can also register these with Samsung & get the perks- $25 Google play credit & a bunch of other freebies.

hearmenow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hearmenow

Any comments as to using this to shoot video?

Can you get a tripod adapter?

My wife see's people filming with I-Pads on stands all the time, and I'm just starting to look into this.

nutmeg3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg3
chocu1a wrote:Yes, you do, but I am not sure if it will stack on the same account.
You can also register these with Samsung & get the perks- $25 Google play credit & a bunch of other freebies.

I have a Galaxy Pro 8.4 tablet. I brought this tab for the beautiful display and the perks. I am not a big fan of a refurbished product with a 90 day warranty.

wootmetootme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootmetootme

Nutmeg, how do you like the 8.4 model? I have a slow Samsung 7 plus (my first tablet) and want to upgrade to either the Note 8 or 8.4. Decisions, decisions.

tobolski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tobolski
Rustytraps wrote:Hey, does anyone know if these tablets if purchased here in the USA will work in Europe - Poland? I want to get one for my grandson who lives in Poland and is coming to the USA for a visit next week. Please let me know ASAP. Thank you!

I just returned from a 3-week trip to Europe and used my Note 8 while there. I don't think there should be an issue other than maybe converting the keyboard option to the language of choice. I ditched my iPad 4 to get this tablet and have not regretted it for one minute. The S-Pen is a fantastic feature. I use my tablet at the office to take notes in meetings, stay connected to email and text messages too with an assist from Tablet SMS. The screen is crisp and clear, WiFi is great and you can add 64GB of storage with microSD. And I purchased mine as a refurb from Walmart 8 months ago for $189, I believe.

korryramone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages korryramone

I have a Note 8 I bought for myself last September for almost $400, and one I bought as a gift for someone in my family off woot for $200 (refurb). The refurb looks every bit as new, and actually has a better screen. My full price Note 8 has 2 lines on the screen that collect more oil from your fingers and appear when the tablet is off. No big deal because if you clean the screen they go away, but the refurb one doesn't have this problem.

DriZzLe1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DriZzLe1

Got my 10.1 today. Condition is like new. Looks like it has never been used. Perfect companion to my Note 3 phone.

DarkOne01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkOne01

Got mine, Note 8.0 version, and while it looks perfect, I found that the s-pen will not write in an area of the screen about the size of the base of a soda can just above the center of the screen...
Already sent woot a support request about whether to return it to them, or if I have to go through Samsung to get this problem resolved.
Other than that, it works great and looks awesome.

rajparth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rajparth

Got my 2014 Note 32 GB edition; immediately ordered a case and the MicroSD card as well...The device is in perfect shape and condition with nary a blemish that is visible to the naked eye; Seems pristine. Immediately upgraded to KitKat, the Pen works and am still discovering stuff that makes me go Oh!

The performance is snappy and outdoes my iPad in terms of what it offers in terms of customizability. I have converted it into a universal remote, the camera takes crisp pictures, the ext SD card works great, I am able to connect to my NAS, screen share works awesome. All in all - great stuff at an unbelievable price.