WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

A Menagerie Of Tablets

It's our own version of a zoo! Except a lot cheaper on us, because tablets don't need food and habitats.

markcotroneo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markcotroneo

Google Nexus 7 cheaper at Bestbuy. sorry woot.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-nexus-7-32gb-brown/7973091.p?id=1219099069441&skuId=7973091&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7973091&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!40084359319!g!!49989913759&kpid=7973091&k_clickid=b855ea03-b439-4bcd-a23e-32598f48ddf7

dviolino

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dviolino
markcotroneo wrote:Google Nexus 7 cheaper at Bestbuy. sorry woot.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-nexus-7-32gb-brown/7973091.p?id=1219099069441&skuId=7973091&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7973091&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!40084359319!g!!49989913759&kpid=7973091&k_clickid=b855ea03-b439-4bcd-a23e-32598f48ddf7

That's the Gen 1.

Gen 2 is here Best Buy

Change

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Change

I grabbed the Nexus 7 when it was up on Friday/Saturday, I plan to put PwnPad Community Edition on it for a portable penetration testing tool.
https://www.pwnieexpress.com/support/downloads/

shewantstheD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shewantstheD

Really, sold out after 3 sales

shewantstheD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shewantstheD

Really, sold out after 3 sales (Galaxy tab 8")

dkahane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkahane

Ordered the Nexus 7 on 6/21 and received it on 6/24. That would have been great, but the tablet was DOA - could not get beyond the "pick a WiFi network screen." After a phone call to Asus tech support, it is on its way back to Asus for repair or replacement, but that means I have to wait another 2+ weeks and am out $12.00 postage. Not happy, Woot.

callahanium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages callahanium

Is the Samsung SM-P6000ZKVXAR Galaxy Note (2014) 10.1" (and P6000ZKYXAR) even MHL compatible? This is kinda super important. The model numbers are not the usual 2014 10.1 and even the online chat person at Samsung didn't know for sure.

cfelten01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfelten01

Looking at the Asus ME172V-A1-GR 16GB MeMO Pad 7" Tablet with Wi-Fi & BONUS Turn Case

Does the case have an auto-wake feature?

korhalx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages korhalx

Anyone have first hand experience with the Razer Edge Pro? Looks pretty badass, but brings a hefty pricetag.

NotThatBright

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NotThatBright
korhalx wrote:Anyone have first hand experience with the Razer Edge Pro? Looks pretty badass, but brings a hefty pricetag.

Not first hand but it is best compared to the Surface 2 Pro for price and functionality. It is criticized for battery life but praised for specs.

mozetti

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mozetti
cfelten01 wrote:Looking at the Asus ME172V-A1-GR 16GB MeMO Pad 7" Tablet with Wi-Fi & BONUS Turn Case

Does the case have an auto-wake feature?

I don't know about the case, but here's some info on the tablet. I ordered 3 in October/November for my kids (6 & 3) and niece (5). One arrived with a dead pixel so I sent it back for a refurb (refurb of a refurb?) to fix the pixel issue (these still come with a 90-day mfg warranty). No problems whatsoever and it came back just fine. In fact, my sister-in-law asked me to pick up another one last month for my other niece.

Approximately 8 months later, 2 of the 3 are working fine and the third just crapped out yesterday. It sits at the boot screen but won't finish to get to the home screen. I have to try Asus' full reset method, but haven't had the time yet.

The Asus is a nice litte tablet, don't get me wrong. It plays all the typical games fine, but chokes a little on one of my son's more proc/graphics intensive games. It runs YouTube, Netflix, etc great. My kids love them for the Netflix and pairing it the Chromecast to watch on the big(ger) screen.

That being said, if I were buying one today then I'd go with the $80 Acer. I don't know anything about the Acer, but for $10 more you get a better Proc and bluetooth (4.0), and probably a better screen. Granted, the battery capacity/life of the Acer is about half that of the Asus.

jacobhan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacobhan

I ordered Samsung note 10.1 16g 2014 on last sale and got it this past weekend, it looks brand new to me, only thing remind you this is refurbished machine is a tiny stick on back said refurb which you can just peel it. It real fast and screen looks very crisp, I like it very much and hope you enjoy yours too.

BobDobalena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobDobalena
korhalx wrote:Anyone have first hand experience with the Razer Edge Pro? Looks pretty badass, but brings a hefty pricetag.

I got one here on Woot about 6 weeks ago. I am very happy with it. I use it with the controller to play video games on the couch while my wife is watching various "reality" shows. Currently playing the recently released Wolfenstein game. Game performance is excellent, and Windows tablet performance is top notch as well. The tablet alone was retailing for $1200 less than a year ago, and the gamepad controller was around $250 I think. I'm very happy with it, I primarily use it as a gaming device.

agrodski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agrodski
BobDobalena wrote:I got one here on Woot about 6 weeks ago. I am very happy with it. I use it with the controller to play video games on the couch while my wife is watching various "reality" shows. Currently playing the recently released Wolfenstein game. Game performance is excellent, and Windows tablet performance is top notch as well. The tablet alone was retailing for $1200 less than a year ago, and the gamepad controller was around $250 I think. I'm very happy with it, I primarily use it as a gaming device.

How long does the battery last for you while gaming? And can you keep it plugged in while gaming, say on the couch, to avoid interruption from a dead battery?

Carp: 9/23/09 10/28/09 12/9/09 5/26/10

BobDobalena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobDobalena
agrodski wrote:How long does the battery last for you while gaming? And can you keep it plugged in while gaming, say on the couch, to avoid interruption from a dead battery?

I mostly have it plugged in while playing games. The 2-3 times I have used it on battery power i would say i get right around 2 hours of play time.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger
jacobhan wrote:I ordered Samsung note 10.1 16g 2014 on last sale and got it this past weekend, it looks brand new to me, only thing remind you this is refurbished machine is a tiny stick on back said refurb which you can just peel it. It real fast and screen looks very crisp, I like it very much and hope you enjoy yours too.

+1 on this. Just got my 10.1 16GB 2014 yesterday afternoon, really love it. First tablet I've owned, waited around for the right deal on a good powerful device. Love the screen, just gorgeous.

I was really holding out for the Surface 3 as I wanted a powerful tablet that could run standard apps, but that's just out of my budget for this kind of device so picked up the Note instead.

The S-pen stylus is great, love writing in my notes, calendar appointments, e-mail, etc. Awesome.

Only bummer is charging...takes fooooorrrreeeeeverrrrrrr. I timed it around 6 hours for a nearly 3/4 recharge out of the box. But good news is even with a day's worth of heavy usage, I still ended up with a fair amount of battery left. Bottom line, it's a device that with moderate usage will need an overnight charge every 2 days, and with heavy usage, every night.

As for the refurb/recond. factor, it looks new to me, nothing seems out of place, damaged, whatever. Don't waste money on a new one when you can get this for over $100 less.

joeleeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeleeman

Yes go buy it at best Buy- and find out its generation 1 with no rear camera and slower processor. its still a good tablet but Best Buy has it overpriced by about $40. Sorry dude, you need to know what you are talking about and a Nexus GEN 2 for 159.99 is an awesome price that Best Buy will never touch.

quote postid="5819138" user="markcotroneo"]Google Nexus 7 cheaper at Bestbuy. sorry woot.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-nexus-7-32gb-brown/7973091.p?id=1219099069441&skuId=7973091&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7973091&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!40084359319!g!!49989913759&kpid=7973091&k_clickid=b855ea03-b439-4bcd-a23e-32598f48ddf7[/quote]

ornulu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ornulu

Sony's offer is heartbreaking. Basically throwing in a free cover with an old (still) overpriced tablet that is incompatible with older Sony tablets accessories.

wkearney99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wkearney99

Which 10" tablets support Qi wireless charging? I've got some Nexus 7 2013 tablets and the wireless charging is great. I'd like to find a 10" tablet with the same charging functionality.

ladyjaneinmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyjaneinmd
jacobhan wrote:I ordered Samsung note 10.1 16g 2014 on last sale and got it this past weekend, it looks brand new to me, only thing remind you this is refurbished machine is a tiny stick on back said refurb which you can just peel it. It real fast and screen looks very crisp, I like it very much and hope you enjoy yours too.

I got one of those, too, in white, and yes, it has been wonderful so far. The battery life is impressive. I've been using it on a daily basis since it arrived and it's worked very well. I'm extremely happy with this purchase.