zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep 4000 Twin Pack
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Jun 27 to Monday, Jun 30) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/24/2014 - $79.99 (Woot-off) - 0 comment(s)
6/24/2014 - $79.99 (Woot-off) - 0 comment(s)
5/2/2014 - $79.99 - 11 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and need replacement heads? Check out Oralb.com

[MOD: Video is of different model of Deep Sweep.]

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

I was in CVS the other day looking for new toothbrushes. I've been using manual for a while now, and just not satisfied with the results. I couldn't find a decently priced higher end electric, even a single pack was expensive.
Thank you woot for the two pack that beats tons of other's single pack prices.

that was fun while it lasted!

kmbkmb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmbkmb

I got this offer the last time it was up, and I love this brush. It's the second electric I had, replacing my old Phillips with the dying motor and I didn't realize how crappy that one had become until I got this one. My teeth feel cleaner, my gums aren't irritated after brushing, and I'm much happier. Also noticed when I went to get replacement heads that they were much cheaper (and in many specialized varieties, although I have no idea how much of a difference there is between them) than my old brush's.

Moral of the story: if you think it's time to put your old electric toothbrush out to pasture, you're almost certainly right.

The only thing I find annoying is that, when the brush beeps at 30 second intervals, it briefly stops brushing. I'll get used to it, though.

meljenjon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meljenjon

Any chance this is dual voltage?

nrosenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrosenberg
meljenjon wrote:Any chance this is dual voltage?

The specs specifically say 110-130V, and the Oral-B website has one negative review that specifically cites the lack of dual-voltage, so I would have to say no.

jimijamflimflam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimijamflimflam
kmbkmb wrote:The only thing I find annoying is that, when the brush beeps at 30 second intervals, it briefly stops brushing. I'll get used to it, though.

Well, that's because someone decided it took 30 seconds a quadrant to effectively brush our mouths.

Dunno who and just sayin...I have a previous model I love.

kmbkmb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmbkmb
jimijamflimflam wrote:Well, that's because someone decided it took 30 seconds a quadrant to effectively brush our mouths.

Dunno who and just sayin...I have a previous model I love.

I don't mind the beeping, because that is a good reminder of elapsed time. It's the fact that the motor has to stop while it beeps that annoys me. "That's 4 extra seconds I have to brush to get the full 2 minutes now, goshdarnitall!" I mean, seriously.

alokeprasad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alokeprasad

How is this different from the cheap Sprinbrush that one can get anywhere for $10 or so? The rotation of the tip plus translation of the brush is similar. It was Braun's oralB that was sold to P&G in the US that led to the Spinbrush products.

Why the big bucks for this?

Chiron1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chiron1

Bought a set of these a few months ago when woot! first sold them (or at least the first time I noticed them selling them).

We love them! Especially the timer function that insures you're brushing for as long as you should (I tend not brush as long as I should, and this toothbrush keeps me on track!)

johntroy1101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johntroy1101
alokeprasad wrote:How is this different from the cheap Sprinbrush that one can get anywhere for $10 or so? The rotation of the tip plus translation of the brush is similar. It was Braun's oralB that was sold to P&G in the US that led to the Spinbrush products.

Probably priced much higher due to the 6000 Spinbrush movements per minute vs the Oral-B's 48,000+ per minute. Also all the other options on the brush no one needs or uses. Don't know if there are any UNBIASED scientific studies/proof the extra 40K+ movements/spins/vibrations produce any better of a cleaning to justify the higher price. Buy a $10 Spinbrush and if you get good checkups why spend the extra $$$ ??

All your base are belong to us!

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

what a shame that they don't go up to 220V. people who travel internationally with their toothbrushes for more than a week are out of luck with this one...

pfffft!

patric9956

quality posts: 7 Private Messages patric9956
andrewtl wrote:what a shame that they don't go up to 220V. people who travel internationally with their toothbrushes for more than a week are out of luck with this one...

If you travel internationally as much as you imply then you would already have a decent set of power jack adapters and a voltage transformer. This is a good brush, I travel with it all the time and the results are very satisfactory.

klandon61

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klandon61

considering replacing my older Oral-B electric brush - works well but the handle has become permanently grungy over the years. Concerned that this model appears to have been discontinued. The brush head is not the usual round style and wonder if replacement heads will be a problem in the future.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
patric9956 wrote:If you travel internationally as much as you imply then you would already have a decent set of power jack adapters and a voltage transformer. This is a good brush, I travel with it all the time and the results are very satisfactory.

Adapters are a part of life but nobody I know travels with a transformer. The key is to minimize weight and those things are heavy… all laptops are dual voltage there is absolutely no reason to travel with a transformer.

pfffft!

wootorama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootorama
nrosenberg wrote:The specs specifically say 110-130V, and the Oral-B website has one negative review that specifically cites the lack of dual-voltage, so I would have to say no.

Dual voltage would add unnecessary cost to this product. Most people wouldn't need it very often, if at all. Just get an adapter.
This is a nice price and the brush works well. Gave the second brush away and they rave about it as well. No regrets.

fuzi719

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fuzi719

I will never buy another OralB electric as long as they have that annoying "timer" function that can't be disabled. My current toothbrush has that and every 30 seconds it pulses on/off/on/off/on/off. ARGH! Makes me want throw it away, but I already bought a supply of heads for it I don't want to waste. As soon as I go through those, however, in the trash the handle goes and I'll buy any other brand that doesn't have that terrible feature.

ctviggen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ctviggen
fuzi719 wrote:I will never buy another OralB electric as long as they have that annoying "timer" function that can't be disabled. My current toothbrush has that and every 30 seconds it pulses on/off/on/off/on/off. ARGH! Makes me want throw it away, but I already bought a supply of heads for it I don't want to waste. As soon as I go through those, however, in the trash the handle goes and I'll buy any other brand that doesn't have that terrible feature.

You might not be able to find one. Someone thought 2 minutes and 30 seconds per quadrant was a good idea, and they've all implemented it. Even the one I have, which has spinning heads and is old, stops every 30 seconds.

According to my dentist, the brushes that move back and forth (as this one does) are supposedly better than the brushes that rotate for removing plaque. I don't know what he's basing that on.

tigger76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigger76
klandon61 wrote:considering replacing my older Oral-B electric brush - works well but the handle has become permanently grungy over the years. Concerned that this model appears to have been discontinued. The brush head is not the usual round style and wonder if replacement heads will be a problem in the future.

I'm not sure about the 'discontinued' part. The Oral-B website still shows the model 4000. It appears to be almost identical to the model 5000, just missing a couple of minor features.

As for the replacement heads, I know from experience that it uses the same ones as the other Oral-B electrics. The heads that fit the Vitality and 1000 series also fit the 3000, 4000, 5000, and new 7000 model. The 'deep sweep' head looks different and it moves in more of a side to side motion, but you can swap it for one of the round spin type heads (I didn't like the 'deep sweep' head much so I swapped it for a spare round head I had for the old Vitality brush I was replacing).

dgale72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgale72
alokeprasad wrote:How is this different from the cheap Sprinbrush that one can get anywhere for $10 or so? The rotation of the tip plus translation of the brush is similar. It was Braun's oralB that was sold to P&G in the US that led to the Spinbrush products.

Can you replace the toothbrush head (bristles) on a spinbrush?

They need replacing every 3 months. I do it when the seasons change to keep it simple.

namewithhe1d

quality posts: 1 Private Messages namewithhe1d

Great set of toothbrushes.. I bought a pair for $150, and I thought it was a great deal at the time. They've lasted very well for me, battery has held up, and I like that the chargers double as the holder (wireless charging). Also, if you're on the fence because you think the brush head looks weird, go with these: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I2IKMW/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1 They are more like traditional toothbrushes, and they are what I use exclusively.

cybercpa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cybercpa

I travel internationally, and almost always find a 110 v outlet in the bathroom ("for shavers only"), especially in Europe. See http://blog.fosketts.net/2013/02/03/shavers-electrical-outlet/

andrewtl wrote:what a shame that they don't go up to 220V. people who travel internationally with their toothbrushes for more than a week are out of luck with this one...

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy

How much are replacement heads?

I already have one unit that requires $25 brushes - don't need another.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

drewspider

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drewspider

Any reason why it's case looks shockingly like a blue casket?

dbamberg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dbamberg
Pufferfishy wrote:How much are replacement heads?

I already have one unit that requires $25 brushes - don't need another.

I had the same question. Better than I thought when I started looking. Looks like you can get 1 for $9 or 3 for $19

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I2IKMW/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

joecooool

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joecooool

My wife bought me one of these for Christmas and I hate it. The head is too small and it hurts my teeth when I brush.

I went back to the $8 battery operated Crest Spin Brush.

tglenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tglenn

Does anyone know of a free shipping code to make this deal even sweeter?

gak0090

quality posts: 84 Private Messages gak0090

This is completely anecdotal and not based on any research - just my own experience.

I was at a loss of what to get my wife for Mother's Day- she had mentioned a while back that she always wanted one of these kind of toothbrushes. Costco had the top of the line 2 pak w/ UV light Philips Sonocare for like $140- so I figured I'd get it, this way I could experience what all the fuss is about (my Dentist had been trying to push this on me for years, I figured he just want to make a buck off me). It's a completely different experience- I can't speak for the Oral-B brand, but I assume their "sonic" toothbrushes work similar. My wife threw away all the other toothbrushes she owned and will not brush with anything else. I'm not quite that off the hook- but I definitely prefer using it to all the other electric/pulsating...toothbrushes I've used in the past. Your teeth and gums feel really clean. My dentist tells me that people with gum issues really benefit from use of this. I'm sold on it, and I had not run out of ideas for mother's day- I would have never tried this.

I think you can visit Costco and find the Phillips Sonocare for about the same price.

gak0090

quality posts: 84 Private Messages gak0090

The Philips Sonocare Flexcare 2 pak from Costco for $140, can last 2 weeks per charge- and I can definitely verify that. I'm pretty impressed with those ones. I didn't want to have a charge out all the time.

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova

I buy replacement heads from my dentist. They've always been cheaper, plus I'm helping the local guy.

mari2222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mari2222

We love our oral-b triumph so much I had to buy this for my girls so they will have their own!

As for the 30 second intermittent, it's great for kids so they know they need to keep brushing! It's really not that annoying....

mari2222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mari2222
dbamberg wrote:I had the same question. Better than I thought when I started looking. Looks like you can get 1 for $9 or 3 for $19

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I2IKMW/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Costco sells the replacement heads too!

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

The Philips Sonocare Flexcare 2 pak (with a travel case too) from Sam's runs like $80 around the holidays/black Friday.

I think the Philips do a better job than these Oral-Bs, and yes, I've tried both. The Oral-Bs are no longer around.

Sorry, woot.

johnsonjf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages johnsonjf

I bought this pack the last time I was on Woot and my fiance and I love them.

* They work very well and it feels like your teeth very clean when you are done.

* They hold enough charge for a long weekend vacation without having to recharge.

* Easy to clean and they are waterproof so you can use them in the shower

* Per price, they are 1/4 of the price of the newer, 5000 model which only adds some dumb wireless timer.

My only gripe is that the red light lights up if you press too hard is way too sensitive. Also, the packaging and description can be a little deceptive. It says it comes with "2 Deep Sweep Head Refills" which makes you think you get two heads IN ADDITION to a complete toothbrush (e.g. handle and brush), but that isn't the case.

Get them. They're worth it.

johnsonjf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages johnsonjf
gak0090 wrote:The Philips Sonocare Flexcare 2 pak from Costco for $140, can last 2 weeks per charge- and I can definitely verify that. I'm pretty impressed with those ones. I didn't want to have a charge out all the time.

You can definitely get a week's worth of brushing with a single charge on this toothbrush. Used it while we were in the process of moving and didn't have to charge it once.

wschapinjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wschapinjr

I would love to be able to review this item but after 11 days I have not rec'd the item. My card was charged immediately for the purchase but nothing was ever shipped. Interesting business plan!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wschapinjr wrote:I would love to be able to review this item but after 11 days I have not rec'd the item. My card was charged immediately for the purchase but nothing was ever shipped. Interesting business plan!

Looks like it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Might be an extra day or two there with the holiday and that it's shipping SmartPost which means your post office will do the final delivery.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

wschapinjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wschapinjr

After a long transit time the brushes arrived and are much better than their older cousins. The deep clean brush design really takes care if the tartar and other "stuff". It will be interesting to see if my dental person notices a difference.