bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Just kinda curious, are woot monkey's a thing of the past now? I mean, I keep hoping to see them pop up but they never do. I just double check to see if the company that made them still is in business, and they are so...

What gives? I thought there was a poll a while back asking what kind of design we wanted, but I have yet to see those monkeys or any others.

I hope I don't sound nit-picky here, but I thought they were sort of Woot's mascot and all...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bluejester wrote:Just kinda curious, are woot monkey's a thing of the past now? I mean, I keep hoping to see them pop up but they never do. I just double check to see if the company that made them still is in business, and they are so...

What gives? I thought there was a poll a while back asking what kind of design we wanted, but I have yet to see those monkeys or any others.

I hope I don't sound nit-picky here, but I thought they were sort of Woot's mascot and all...

Excellent question.

I don't recall having seem them around for awhile either.

I can ping Woot Staff and inquire.

friedbanana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages friedbanana

Yes please! The monkey in this video missing his eyes lost a hand last week. I think his time is almost up.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

They're not gone. They're on vacation. Or doing an internship in the warehouse. Or taking a short hiatus. But they're not gone.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

sistercc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sistercc

I have a whole box full of monkeys. One is a large one but the rest all small. No clue why I bought them.

friedbanana

Another one just lost a hand. Do you have monkey insurance?

jameslanger

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jameslanger

I have a few, but my daughter was deathly afraid of them and ran away screaming in terror whenever we launched one. Now they're put away somewhere so the new puppy doesn't start to get the taste for monkey's. (though my daughter would probably love to have the dog take care of their screaming for good...)

night816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages night816

I never managed to get a screaming monkey....I hope they bring them back!

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav

I have several hanging around, including the giant one. Just seeing them makes me smile!

mdrcoast

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mdrcoast

I have a ton of screaming monkeys and give them to kids for Christmas and Birthdays if I really, Really don't like the parents.

DMod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DMod

I bought one a few years ago in a woot off and my dog has since destroyed it. I wouldn't mind picking a new one up!

psykobunni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psykobunni

My boss has a screaming Monkey at work that he will randomly launch every few months just to scare the gills off us...I really hate that guy

but love the monkeys....sorta

friedbanana

psykobunni wrote:My boss has a screaming Monkey at work that he will randomly launch every few months just to scare the gills off us...I really hate that guy

OOOh!!! Thanks for the great idea!

nocley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nocley

I don't remember seeing them in at least two years. Which is great, because the screamers in mine all died and I don't think a loud one would please my cat.

psuclaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psuclaus

giggity monkeys!

friedbanana

nocley wrote:I don't remember seeing them in at least two years. Which is great, because the screamers in mine all died and I don't think a loud one would please my cat.

my kitty humps them.

htrout13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages htrout13

Giant one sitting on my desk... small ones given to my nieces and nephews every holiday... need to replenish my stock!

Kamikaze2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kamikaze2007

I thought this thread was foing to be about Monte and Mortimer. They haven't done a video in a while.

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 21 Private Messages bestsportnascar
friedbanana wrote:Another one just lost a hand. Do you have monkey insurance?

Poor monkey. Hilarious though. With a dog, I am surprised any still live

jaquadro

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaquadro
psykobunni wrote:My boss has a screaming Monkey at work that he will randomly launch every few months just to scare the gills off us...I really hate that guy

Several people have them in the office. When one goes off, you can be certain to hear one (or two) call back from across the floor.

friedbanana

bestsportnascar wrote:Poor monkey. Hilarious though. With a dog, I am surprised any still live

The little one died over the weekend. Found its limp body on the floor with it guts pouring out. The larger one lost his right hand and vision a while ago, but it's putting up a good fight.

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

But but but... I want a monkey

Anyone have any idea if they'll ever be brought back?

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Kailadriel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kailadriel

I gave my monkeys to a pediatric surgeon with an office full of toys.

The monkeys are the only things he had a kid try to take off with

pegasus1259

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pegasus1259

I had a small one for my key chain I would torture my cat with. But it no longer has a voice... I really really want another one for my key chain and a big one to set off when my beloved kitties think they own my bed...

friedbanana

based on some of the B0C's people received... they're baaackkk!!!!! yay.