WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Shirt Art...Art Shirt?

What is wall art if not a shirt for your wall? A firm, canvas shirt that doesn't fit over the wall's whole body and it's like, ever heard of a little thing called "modesty," wall? Anyway, that's why we're selling our shirt art as wall art. Check it out! 

Burritoclock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burritoclock

This is a brilliant idea! I just don't want any of these designs... these are great but the ones I like I already have the t-shirt which would be weird. What I'm saying is, make this a permanent option for all designs fools!

ArtWall4521

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArtWall4521
Burritoclock wrote:This is a brilliant idea! I just don't want any of these designs... these are great but the ones I like I already have the t-shirt which would be weird. What I'm saying is, make this a permanent option for all designs fools!

Hey Burritoclock,

Manufacturer here- we agree, it's brilliant! We're excited to offer the designs you know and love as three-dimensional gallery-wrapped canvas for the first time ever. And yes, we do hope to offer canvas versions of all your favorites in the future!

Any questions at all, just ask! I'll be here to answer them.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

I'm not going to lie. This is an awesome idea! I wish I had a Man Cave that I could put some of this pics up in. I also wish I had money to buy these. Dang kids keep sucking me dry.

Dadoboy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Dadoboy
ArtWall4521 wrote:Hey Burritoclock,

Manufacturer here- we agree, it's brilliant! We're excited to offer the designs you know and love as three-dimensional gallery-wrapped canvas for the first time ever. And yes, we do hope to offer canvas versions of all your favorites in the future!

Any questions at all, just ask! I'll be here to answer them.

This is a GREAT idea!! Glad your here!

]

ArtWall4521

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArtWall4521
Dadoboy wrote:This is a GREAT idea!! Glad your here!

Glad you're on board, Dadoboy! Any favorites so far?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

deadeye37 wrote:I'm not going to lie. This is an awesome idea! I wish I had a Man Cave that I could put some of this pics up in. I also wish I had money to buy these. Dang kids keep sucking me dry.

Stay tuned, we're going to have a sweepstakes for some big 'uns we got in (probably on Monday though as we are slackers)! I'll post here with more info then.

theco2

quality posts: 91 Private Messages theco2

This is awesome! I wish I could afford them, right now.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

How is "The Binge" not here???

Dadoboy

ArtWall4521 wrote:Glad you're on board, Dadoboy! Any favorites so far?

Oh yeah... there are auite a few, but my fav is "Infinity Plus One"

]

Rowdy1124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rowdy1124

I bought a handful of these (4 small and 1 large). You guys solved my interior decorating problems.

PJ7Allen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PJ7Allen

Not a "42" design in the lot. oh, man!

Hippie2MARS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Hippie2MARS

Which size is the one displayed over the couch? Also, I NEED this in "Nevermore"!

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Hippie2MARS wrote:Which size is the one displayed over the couch? Also, I NEED this in "Nevermore"!

Those are the 24"x32" size.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

I already bought 4 of these when they were offered as posters. Would it be weird if I have "The Time Is Meow" as canvas art, poster, journal, and hoodie? I do love this idea.

manhandsha

Staff

goneferal wrote:I already bought 4 of these when they were offered as posters. Would it be weird if I have "The Time Is Meow" as canvas art, poster, journal, and hoodie? I do love this idea.

Weird? No, just affirming that the time really IS MEOW!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Samstag

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Samstag

I hope you guys will do this for A Distinct Possibility sometime.

monamongoose

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monamongoose

I am really intrigued, but I have a question: I assume the original artwork (as created by the artist) was created for the size of a tee-shirt (approximately 1 foot x 1 foot); if that assumption is correct then what happens to the image when you blow it up to the sizes you are offering, say 3' x 4' ? Does it become pixilated or blurred ?

Now I notice on the "Time is Meow" canvas when I use the magnifier to inspect the image I see individual cat hairs ( I am real good at seeing cat hair, I get a lot of practice at home ) which is detail I wouldn't see on a tee shirt image. This suggests to me that the original work by the artist was for reproducing his/her work at this large size.

So I guess the bottom line question I am asking are these tee-shirt images blown up to large sizes - or were these originally created as large images that just happened to be previously shrunk down to fit on a shirt ?

manhandsha

Staff

monamongoose wrote:I am really intrigued, but I have a question: I assume the original artwork (as created by the artist) was created for the size of a tee-shirt (approximately 1 foot x 1 foot); if that assumption is correct then what happens to the image when you blow it up to the sizes you are offering, say 3' x 4' ? Does it become pixilated or blurred ?

Now I notice on the "Time is Meow" canvas when I use the magnifier to inspect the image I see individual cat hairs ( I am real good at seeing cat hair, I get a lot of practice at home ) which is detail I wouldn't see on a tee shirt image. This suggests to me that the original work by the artist was for reproducing his/her work at this large size.

So I guess the bottom line question I am asking are these tee-shirt images blown up to large sizes - or were these originally created as large images that just happened to be previously shrunk down to fit on a shirt ?

The max size for shirt design submissions is 16"x20", so these images are enlarged.

I've seen some samples of these in the office. I was honestly pretty impressed with how well these designs transferred to canvas and scaled in size.

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0

Um... I want *all of these* and I have no money.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
manhandsha wrote:The max size for shirt design submissions is 16"x20", so these images are enlarged.

I've seen some samples of these in the office. I was honestly pretty impressed with how well these designs transferred to canvas and scaled in size.

Solid areas and lines, I can see how they'll scale out well. Halftones, OTOH, are typically limited at a not-so-super-fine 30lpi here; enlarge the print, and we could be looking at some really coarse halftones.

If the editors are fully reworking the files to take advantage of the medium, then no worries. Or less worries, at least, given my track record the past couple years ...

MysticBlueMonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MysticBlueMonkey

I love this idea but I think it would work well as a poster form and maybe the top sellers can come as a canvas. Posters cost less all around which widens the buying market but you can still get the additional revenue from the canvases due to their popularity and quality.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Promised sweepstakes is here on Facebook and the full terms & conditions here in the forums.

Elfir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elfir

Not a single Cthulhu design among them. Good for my budget but I hope to see them around in the future!

CodeWeaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CodeWeaver

I missed the event, any idea when I can purchase these again?

egilbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egilbert

please do this again, with same or different selection, or make it permanent for all designs as discussed earlier

Dadoboy

egilbert wrote:please do this again, with same or different selection, or make it permanent for all designs as discussed earlier

Ok.. Since you asked, but now you have to buy me one!

http://shirt.woot.com/plus/shirt-art-art-shirt-1?ref=gh_sh_9_wp_1

]

Rowdy1124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rowdy1124

So I bought a copy of RoBoss in large, but got the wrong thing (Bike-Riding-Raptor). While the print I got is cool, it's not what I wanted. Support is offering a partial rebate if I keep it, or a full rebate for returning it, but both of those options end with me not having what I want (large canvas of RoBoss).

Could I get a download of the source file for that so I can print it elsewhere? Maybe if I pinky-swear to only print one and never sell it?

agingdragqueen

Staff

Rowdy1124 wrote:So I bought a copy of RoBoss in large, but got the wrong thing (Bike-Riding-Raptor). While the print I got is cool, it's not what I wanted. Support is offering a partial rebate if I keep it, or a full rebate for returning it, but both of those options end with me not having what I want (large canvas of RoBoss).

Could I get a download of the source file for that so I can print it elsewhere? Maybe if I pinky-swear to only print one and never sell it?

Unfortunately, we're not able to give out temporary rights to our designs. I'll try to talk to CS to see if there's any way we can get the right one to you.

JamieOurada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JamieOurada
Rowdy1124 wrote:So I bought a copy of RoBoss in large, but got the wrong thing (Bike-Riding-Raptor). While the print I got is cool, it's not what I wanted. Support is offering a partial rebate if I keep it, or a full rebate for returning it, but both of those options end with me not having what I want (large canvas of RoBoss).

Same thing happened to me (but with a different design). I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with woot on this.