WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

​Has it really been 260 fortnights? Has Woot existed for one-hundredth of a millennium already? Where did those two Roman lustra go? Yes, this month Woot celebrates 70 dog years of questionable business decisions and occasionally reliable customer service - and we're passing the jubilation on to you with our Woot 10 celebration! Please enjoy:

Our live birthday Wootcast, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. PST, Friday, July 11: A full day of jinks both hi- and lo-, streamed live from the Woot studios! The centerpiece will be a participatory ecommerce experience utterly unlike anything ever yet attempted anywhere by anybody. We'll reveal more later. Seriously, this is gonna be insane.

$10 daily shirts at Shirt.Woot: All month long, our shirt store is turning back the price clock with $10 featured shirts every day! Let's party like it's 2004 except we didn't have a T-shirt store in 2004 so more like 2007 but that's confusing with the whole 10-year-anniversary thing so let's just say 2004! Awooh!

Woot Vault product descriptions: With all this partying going on, who's got time to write new product descriptions for every single Today's Woot deal? Not us! So we're flipping through our stash of thousands of product writeups and featuring the choicest deep cuts in the main writeup space on each Woot site.

Games, videos, giveaways, animal fights, and more: We're working on all kinds of fun to celebrate ten years of Woot in the most fitting of ways: with a scattershot, slapped-together jumble of ill-conceived folly. Catch it!

Most of all, Woot 10 is a gift to thank you, the fans, for keeping us alive as we near puberty. You don't even have to buy anything. But you know, come on, we've gone to a lot of trouble here. Would it kill you to flip us a couple of bucks? 

Quality Posts

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Please say that there will be some kind of anniversary monkey/monkeys.

that was fun while it lasted!

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen

I thank god I'm not working Fridays, so I don't have to take off work Friday. Because that would be difficult to explain.

stryper2000

quality posts: 27 Private Messages stryper2000

unfortunately I will be working but maybe i can somehow take part in it

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x36

gti87

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gti87

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

whoohoo!

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3297 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I can't wait!!! I work until noon on Friday but I may need to take the day off.

conanthelibrarian

theco2

quality posts: 55 Private Messages theco2

Does this mean all shirts will be on AA, again?

Psha! Doubtful!

jthebird1977

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977
theco2 wrote:Does this mean all shirts will be on AA, again?

Psha! Doubtful!

I found some AA shirts on clearance at sam's club yesterday for $4.91. Doesn't help here, just thought i'd over-share.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jrs1980

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jrs1980

You Know You've Been on Woot Too Long When... You see the banner ad and immediately go, "but Woot’s birthday isn't until July 12th!"

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Will this mean another sign-a-long starring Jason Toon? Let us hope.

caroltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroltz

Meh....

10 - too young to drive, too old to wear diapers. Although hitting double digits is sorta cool.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

skemmis

quality posts: 13 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

jrs1980 wrote:You Know You've Been on Woot Too Long When... You see the banner ad and immediately go, "but Woot’s birthday isn't until July 12th!"

1. yes, and 2. we didn't feel like working on saturday so we bumped it up a day.

*transparency*

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

caroltz wrote:Meh....

10 - too young to drive, too old to wear diapers. Although hitting double digits is sorta cool.

If I want to wear diapers, then by golly, I'll wear diapers.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zolttt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages zolttt
ThunderThighs wrote:If I want to wear diapers, then by golly, I'll wear diapers.

I wear diapers while I drive...

msmith2740

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msmith2740

Love you guys! XoXo

kitcatbrat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kitcatbrat

I remember the good old days when Woot...oh wait, I still love you guys!!! Even after you sent me giant shards of a broken 3-foot wine glass in a Babies on Cribs one time.

Seriously, though, you guys are awesome and happy almost b-day! :D

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 16 Private Messages daveinwarshington

11 more years and you can drink.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
bsmith1 wrote:Will this mean another sign-a-long starring Jason Toon? Let us hope.

He's coming back as a special guest... he left the company along with pemberducky and someone else if I recall.

\

ItsBob2112

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ItsBob2112

now that I know this, maybe I should hold buying things until then?! But I can't stop! I need to call my therapist.

Wooter to blame for sellout: ItsBob2112

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister

Coupon code Woot 10 isn't working for me. Perhaps it doesn't work on shirt woot.

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

jon98gn wrote:He's coming back as a special guest... he left the company along with pemberducky and someone else if I recall.

Jason and Pemberducky both still work here! Jason did scale back a bit to pursue his heart's desire but he's still part of the team and still writes for us every week.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

conanthelibrarian

Slydon wrote:Jason and Pemberducky both still work here! Jason did scale back a bit to pursue his heart's desire but he's still part of the team and still writes for us every week.

I thought they both were still around! I was getting confused for a moment but then again I am always confused.

Can't wait to see how pemberducky tops last years birthday performance.

modi123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages modi123

Nifty! I would advocate you spend some time preparing drink recipes for all to enjoy and really liven up that party atmosphere. Like a 'Wootie Colada', 'Monte Collins', or a 'Red Mortimer'.

Just say'n.

jrb11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jrb11

So where is this live broadcast happening? I've been refreshing the page since 9am PST, and I haven't seen any changes....

CT

conanthelibrarian

jrb11 wrote:So where is this live broadcast happening? I've been refreshing the page since 9am PST, and I haven't seen any changes....

They gave away 500 Babies on Cribs#39;s at 8:10 PST to test the servers. All of the birthday stuff is happening next Friday.

amorphousalias

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amorphousalias

Woot was born on July 11?

I was born on July 11.

I must exploit this somehow. I must.

(I've got nothing.)

trlenoir

quality posts: 3 Private Messages trlenoir
amorphousalias wrote:Woot was born on July 11?

I was born on July 11.

I must exploit this somehow. I must.

(I've got nothing.)

Actually the birthday is July 12, they are just celebrating on July 11 because no one wants to work on Saturday!

rwalsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwalsh

This is Wooterific! Hopefully you guys might throw some Bag of Cr.ap's are way instead of one at a time on FB; now that would be worth taking off for. Woot Woot....Oh dang; I'm off because I'm a Wootaholic and still in diapers...:P

Sorry for the misspelling; censorship sux!

woncoolone

quality posts: 572 Private Messages woncoolone

Oh Summer, Come Woot
Adolescence to the Test
Crappy Bags Await

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

Don't know if I'll be able to make it to the celebrations because real-life and family-matters is taking over my life in a rude way ... so Happy Birthday to Woot. You're turning into a pre-teen. May the gods help us all.

knna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knna

Can't wait for the party to begin! I luv a party,with fun games and prizes. Since I am over 10 I can hit the adult punch bowl.

EddyGurge

quality posts: 9 Private Messages EddyGurge

I just realized I've been here for over eight of those years. Ugh.

erick99

quality posts: 21 Private Messages erick99

$10 t-shirts, live broadcasts, dogs mating with cats, and I thought I heard something about 72 Virgins stuffed into one lucky buyers Big ol' Crybaby. I'm in.

Erick R Williams
Only worry about the present. The past is over and the future will be the present soon enough

erick99

quality posts: 21 Private Messages erick99

I'm not sure when I started following Woot but my first order was on Feb 16, 2006 for a BeeOhCee and it was loaded with goodies. I remember that it had a 250GB HD (a pretty big deal then) and a new Palm Pilot (also a big deal). I can remember checking my loot against closing auction prices on eBay and I had $450 worth of stuff. Not only that, but the BeeOhCee would stay up for quite a while - you didn't have to sprain a finger trying to get a BeeOhCee in the few nanoseconds that they now are up. Now, these days I don't even try because my last several BeeOhCee's are really truly junk now and probably not worth five bucks. But, it's the fun that counts and I still enjoy the site. I enjoyed a bit more when the daily deal was mostly gadgets and generally inexpensive at that. I don't really need a new vacuum cleaner or TV very often so I am less excited about seeing what each day's deal is though I do still check. Just in case. Any successful company will have growing pains.

Erick R Williams
Only worry about the present. The past is over and the future will be the present soon enough

darkecclipse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkecclipse

I've been a woot fan for over a year now, but haven't really participated in the forums. I want to get a Babies on Cribs on Friday if possible, so how to I get assigned to a clan for the world of wootcraft competition?

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
darkecclipse wrote:I've been a woot fan for over a year now, but haven't really participated in the forums. I want to get a Babies on Cribs on Friday if possible, so how to I get assigned to a clan for the world of wootcraft competition?

Right this way, brother.

kellysmay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellysmay

Thank goodness I'm off on Friday!

GoGhoti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoGhoti

So, woot! Gods - Happy Birthday to woots! And thanks for all the fish!