zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Klipsch S4i Rugged In-Ear Headphones
Price: $34.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Jul 04 to Monday, Jul 07) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/20/2014 - $34.99 (Woot-off) - 9 comment(s)
5/16/2014 - $34.99 - 20 comment(s)
3/31/2014 - $34.99 - 35 comment(s)

10/10/2013 - $34.99 (Woot Plus)
10/10/2013 - $34.99 (Woot Plus)
9/10/2013 - $34.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pretty good reviews over at cowboom.com and check out this "excellent" review over atcnet and the product page

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29

From reading the past reviews, I wish we'd be offered the S4a that works with Android. But I'm strictly going off past reviews.

Anyone out there had a positive experience using this model with Android?

StainlessSteel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StainlessSteel

Does this work with non-APPLE products. God! I hate apple for its proprietary functionality. I use Creative products.

rickbaron

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rickbaron

Were these just $29.99 on Sellout 24 hours ago? Red and orange though.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rickbaron wrote:Were these just $29.99 on Sellout 24 hours ago? Red and orange though.

Different Klipsch?: Klipsch Synergy F-30 Floorstanding Speaker

roctavio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roctavio

Gotta say don't buy these if you have an android phone. And personally I think they suck as they will not stay in my ear regardless of what size rubber cover I use.

misseuropa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages misseuropa
dfunk29 wrote:From reading the past reviews, I wish we'd be offered the S4a that works with Android. But I'm strictly going off past reviews.

I like them, but the volume buttons don't work. You can get the pause/play to work fine.

I bought them to use with my iPod originally, and now use them with my Android phone. I thrash a pair a year, but I long distance run and am really hard on them, run them through the washer, bend the strain relief like the dickens... overall only oval inserts really fit my ear.

jeffnovack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffnovack

Just got mine in the mail from the woot off last week (red/black). So far I really like them. It took me a minute to figure out which ear buds to use and how to actually fit them in my ear, but they seem to be really comfortable now and sound great. Controls work fine with my iphone/ipad. We'll see how they hold up.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

You know I have a pair of Koss headphones I paid $5 and I bet they're better quality than these. Woot used to have things I'd buy.

wimmerking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wimmerking

make sure do do a quick search and see how freakishly large that control module and mic is. may be a positive for some, but a large (no pun intended) dealbreaker for me.

tljx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tljx
Kuragari wrote:You know I have a pair of Koss headphones I paid $5 and I bet they're better quality than these.

I very much doubt that. These aren't the best buds in the world or anything but they certainly have better sound quality than a $5 pair of Koss buds/headphones.

rickbaron

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rickbaron
ROGETRAY wrote:Different Klipsch?: Klipsch Synergy F-30 Floorstanding Speaker

This is what I am referring to.

http://moofi.woot.com/offers/klipsch-s4i-rugged-in-ear-headphones-21?ref=gh_mc_itm_sym_7_lnk

Koloblicin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Koloblicin

I have owned a pair of these for over a year and would not recommend them to others. Sound quality is good but they are too heavy to run with. If the rubber peice wasn't so heavy they would be great. I don't even wear them when watching a movie on my computer. Sorry if this is a buzz kill but better to know than not.

bunkrd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunkrd

Personally, I would ignore most of the comments in this thread, except any pertaining to apple/android. I purchased my first set of these for my fiance over a year ago, and she has small ear holes if you will, and they work perfectly for her. They sound great, we scrapped her rather poor sounding beats for these and she loves them, and runs with them daily. Yes she has an iphone and they work flawlessly with them.

After stealing hers so often, I picked up my own pair and a spare set last time they were on woot, and I am in love with them as well. Agreed the control remote is rather large, but I can deal with that for the sound quality and price point. While I have android and can't quite utilize all the functions, the remote still works decently with my GS5. I have what you would deem large ear holes..and I still have no problem.

As with most things that people like to complain about not working, it usually can be narrowed down to user error. I work out and run and jump rope all while using these ear buds and have never had them fall out. If you read the directions, they specifically state to wrap the cord over and behind the ear and this simple trick has prevented mine and hers from ever dislodging during use. Further, Klipsch supplies a clip for fixing the cord to your apparel if the ear trick for some reason is still not enough.

I simply think reviews should be written bias free, all apple/android fan-boys aside as it is a product review, submit feedback to the manufacturer and leave it at that, or buy from someone else.

Human error, the ultimate weakness.
I would definitely recommend this product. There's my two sense and kindling, flame if it makes you feel better.

mclark2112

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mclark2112

I have had these (regular s4i) for over a year, and they are great. The sound is pretty great, bordering on too much bass. But hey, I love my RUSH, so I won't complain.

As far as the fit, make sure you are actually wearing them correctly. You initially put them in like regular buds, then rotate 180 degrees, so that the cord is coming out of the top, and gets tucked around your ear. they basically screw deeper into your ear, and fit very tight.

I got these for use on a 17 hr flight to South Africa, the tight fit made helped keep out much of the airplane noise.

Hope this helps.

andysexton

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andysexton
dfunk29 wrote:From reading the past reviews, I wish we'd be offered the S4a that works with Android. But I'm strictly going off past reviews.

Everytime a set of headphones with the three button remotes gets posted to woot, a bunch of people complain that they won't work with Android and wish the Android version was available.

In reality, probably 90% of Android phones will work just fine with all of these headset. The mic works, the play/pause/answer/hang up button in the middle works just fine. Only the +/- keys are Apple specific.

And the irony is that most "Android" headsets are just the same as the iOS version, minus the +/- buttons. So in effect, with the iOS version, you're just getting the exact same functionality as the Android version, two of the three buttons don't work.

So if you have an Android phone, unless it's an older phone, it's going to work fine. I've used these with my old EVO as well as my current Galaxy S4. They work fine, and the middle button works.

Lot of misinformation posted every time on these, and I suspect it scares off some people. I have this exact headset, and the mic and middle button work great on my Android phone.

edwardunh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edwardunh

Excellent functionality and very thoughtfully designed. Precise fit Enhances sound clarity and eliminates the need to continually re-fit in ears.

maschio2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maschio2

So where am I supposed to wish Happy Birthday WOOT♡♥♡

fuzi719

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fuzi719
andysexton wrote:
And the irony is that most "Android" headsets are just the same as the iOS version, minus the +/- buttons. So in effect, with the iOS version, you're just getting the exact same functionality as the Android version, two of the three buttons don't work.

All of my Android-specific earphones have working +/- buttons, which I use a lot. On some iPhone-specific earphones, the mic also will not work on some Android phones. It is a hit-or-miss thing and I'm not about to waste my time or money to find out. If it says "iPhone compatible", I look elsewhere.

mitchwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchwooter

Are there really people who will spend $35 for ear buds?

Novite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Novite

Here's what Lifehacker had to say about them in their 'Five Best Earbuds' article.

Klipsch's Image S4 earbuds retail for around $80, but they can be found for as low as $42 at Amazon unless you're shopping for the more recent S4 II model, which is closer to $80. For your money, you get a lightweight pair of earbuds that offer remarkable sound in a small, portable, and comfortable package. The flexible and interchangeable tips let you pick the best fit without sacrificing sound isolation, and the drivers in the S4s have been praised for full, deep bass and remarkable clarity in all ranges, considering their size. The S4 IIs update the design of the original, and while they do away with the angled design, they add flat cables for fewer tangles, fatter tips for a more snug fit, and bigger drivers in the earphones for better sound.

Source: http://lifehacker.com/5959383/five-best-earbuds

gwartnet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gwartnet
mitchwooter wrote:Are there really people who will spend $35 for ear buds?

I'd rather spend $35 on 1 set of earbuds than $15 on 4 sets of earbuds for the same period of time.

If these are truly rugged and can last more than 3 months of sustained use, they might be worth it.

DeepPurple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeepPurple

ANyone who has these... can you tell me how long they are?

I am taller than most people and I need a headset that reaches from my ears all the way to pocket of my pants. Many others are too short.

sonofzeppo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sonofzeppo

I know this is not the forum, but I do not buy anything that will support the Klipsch family.

jurrien74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jurrien74

For anyone complaining about fit problems and the ear buds falling out, take a look at these:

http://www.complyfoam.com/

They're a little costly, but WELL worth it!

I bought a set of the S4a over a year ago and had issues with fit. I happened to find these, bought a three-pack of the "Isolation Plus", and have never had a single problem with them falling out, feeling uncomfortable, having a bad seal in the ear canal, etc. These actually make the headphones sound better than stock because they isolate the outside world even more than the stock buds.

wootuser69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootuser69

They seem to be sold out, because I can't order them. They aren't telling me which colors are sold out, so I'm at a loss.

andysexton

fuzi719 wrote:All of my Android-specific earphones have working +/- buttons, which I use a lot. On some iPhone-specific earphones, the mic also will not work on some Android phones. It is a hit-or-miss thing and I'm not about to waste my time or money to find out. If it says "iPhone compatible", I look elsewhere.

Just curious, but what brand and model do you have that have +/- buttons that work on Android, outside the ones specifically made by the manufacture of a specific phone like the pack in Samsung with the Samsung phones? I think some that came with a Nexus variant also worked with that specific phone, and HTC made one for their older phones. However, outside of those, I'm not sure there is a true standard and universal way of doing volume/track skip stuff.

Not saying they don't exist, but Apple seems to have a patent on how their volume buttons work that varies the resistance on one of the lines. The play/pause function is simply a case of shorting out the wires (mic wire I think), and that's not patented by them. I have never been able to find any kind of standard that is supported by google and all the Android handset makers that makes a universal Android remote possible outside of the play/pause function.

So I am very interested in what your using, as I'd like to research how they're able to work across the board on Android.

But my point still stands, the vast majority of "Android" headsets like the above mentioned Klipsch 4SA just have one button, and any iOS headset will work just like that. Mics work, and play/pause/answer/hang up works.

andysexton

Are you thinking that's low or high?

Because these are a pretty good buy. Very comfortable for my ears (vs some much more expensive ones I own), and good if not amazing sound.

But people will pay up to $300 for really good IEMs. Most I've spent is around $100, but I keep coming back to the mid-ranged Klipsch like these because they fit me very well, and that's important in something that goes all the way into the ear canal.

FadiAwadalla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FadiAwadalla
sonofzeppo wrote:I know this is not the forum, but I do not buy anything that will support the Klipsch family.

Mhm, and why not?

Forgottengalaxy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Forgottengalaxy

LOL. Everyone has priorities. I say the same thing about people who pay an arm and a leg for a pair of jeans or a shirt. The answer is a definate yes. And people will pay a lot more. Music and tech enthusiasts that value quality sound, understand that price for high quality is often expensive.

I will also comment on these earbuds, since I own a pair. I bought them mainly because Klipsch is such a reputable brand for headphones and sounds in general. These earbuds have quality sound and they stay in your ears well. I personally use mine while biking and I haven't had much trouble with them at all. I will not recommend them for everyday use for one reason. You could set a places for family of four on the music controller. It's MASSIVE. I was hoping to use these earbuds the all the time, but the controller is too d@#n large. If you are looking for earbuds for everyday use I would recommend the s4i premiums. They have the same sound quality without the bulky controller.

andysexton

FadiAwadalla wrote:Mhm, and why not?

Klipsch is now owned by Audiovox IIRC, too. So not sure how much anything has to do with them.

Also unaware of any controversy.

spanteach21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanteach21

I used them on several flights recently. Also use them when mowing the lawn. Great for noise blocking and good sound.

brawlin99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brawlin99

FYI, had a pair of these that broke after 2 months. Something in the wiring...you had to bend the wire right where the jack plugged into the phone almost 90 degrees to get any sound...honestly I'd pass even though it's a great price. Ormaybe I just got a bad pair?

PimPong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PimPong

I bought these about 10 months ago here on Woot. I will echo some of the other comments in regards to how difficult it is to have them stay in your ear while you're exercising. I've read the directions and wrapped them around my ear and done all that, and yet they still do fall out relatively easily.

Having said that, I think that the sound quality and fit are great if you are sitting at your desk, commuting, traveling, etc. If you want a pair of great sounding earbuds, but you don't expect to use them for exercising (even though they are advertised as such), I would just get them for this price and then use another pair for workouts.

andysexton

brawlin99 wrote:FYI, had a pair of these that broke after 2 months. Something in the wiring...you had to bend the wire right where the jack plugged into the phone almost 90 degrees to get any sound...honestly I'd pass even though it's a great price. Ormaybe I just got a bad pair?

All of mine have lasted well over a year before having cable issues, but the ones where I have had problems, Klipsch has been excellent about sending me replacements, no questions asked. I think the warranty on this particular set is 2 years, and I didn't even have to send my old ones back.

I've had several sets over the years, and only a couple have broken as you describe. One I know was nearly at the two year warranty mark, and they replaced them.

So if you had yours quit working, email Klipsch support. They'll take care of you.

daviddittmar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daviddittmar

I used the s4I with an Android phone. The sound works great for listenting ONLY the buttons on the controller for the headphones do not play well with Android. The microphone doesn't work. Press any button while listening to music on an Android and the music pauses. Not a pleasant experience unless you are using them only to listen to music. Forget the mic and control buttons.

andysexton

daviddittmar wrote:I used the s4I with an Android phone. The sound works great for listenting ONLY the buttons on the controller for the headphones do not play well with Android. The microphone doesn't work. Press any button while listening to music on an Android and the music pauses. Not a pleasant experience unless you are using them only to listen to music. Forget the mic and control buttons.

What phone? The mic has worked on my HTC Evo, Samsung Galaxy S4, and my wife's HTC One. Also her old Nexus S.

Some older Samsung phones used a different standard for mics, but most modern stuff is fine.

capeagle22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capeagle22

Bought these last time they were on Woot. As others have stated, the sound controller is far too large and there is some additional weight which would not allow me to create a great seal in my ears. The additional "double" tips that came with them worked the best for me. I'm not using them with the phone, just to listen while laying in bed. My full sized Sennheiser's are too large to keep on, these are great!
The sound quality is not in the same league as a good set of full headphones, but for this price, they are better than any ear buds I have used. Mid to highs are fairly accurate, just don't expect much on bass which is fine with me

jurrien74 wrote:
("For anyone complaining about fit problems and the ear buds falling out, take a look at these:

http://www.complyfoam.com/

They're a little costly, but WELL worth it! ")

Thanks for this link, will be purchasing from them TODAY!!