manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

We're trying out a new-ish thing here at Woot where instead of one thing in the daily deal spot, we give you ALL THE OTTERBOXES AND MOAR OTTERBOXES!!

And since it's a special kinda sale, we thought it needed a special kinda discussion place that you can find here.

Quality Posts

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

shortman

quality posts: 46 Private Messages shortman

The main page link doesn't link to here.

Fixed: now it does

Added: I've used Otterbox Communter cases on my LG Optimus V, and my Samsung Galaxy S3. I found the rubber part of the case for the Optimus to be softer and more sturdy. The rubber of the case for my S3 is stiff and little bits break off when I pull the hard plastic off and put it back on. I'm not sure if this is just bad luck on the rubber or if it's something different because of the color difference. The Optimus case was black rubber. The two S3 cases are midnight blue and grey. I have just ordered a commuter case for my just purchased iphone5 and I'm hoping to find some softer longer lasting rubber on it. The Armor cases are tempting for use while vacationing, but a turn off to me because I like to be able to put my phone in my front pants pocket and I just don't see being able to do that with an Armor case.

woncoolone

quality posts: 711 Private Messages woncoolone

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3454 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page for the Armor Series.

BTW, I so want this case!! Going to have to think about this one.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

This afternoon at my sister's house is the first time I had EVER heard of an otterbox. I thought she and my nieces were telling me I needed to get an "autobox" for my phone. After about 5 minutes of them talking about it and saying it over and over again, I finally made them spell it.

I must have Transformers on my mind.....

(Still, a very odd coincidence!)

May the Crap be with you all!!!

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Just a note to Wooters with the HTC One. The cases offered are for the One VX, which has different dimensions than the HTC One M7 or M8.

Matt

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

sundevil98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sundevil98

I read the reviews on Amazon for the iPhone 5 case... Decided to pass.

thxlbx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thxlbx

No Samsung Galaxy S4 cases. Disappointing.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
computermd82 wrote:Just a note to Wooters with the HTC One. The cases offered are for the One VX, which has different dimensions than the HTC One M7 or M8.

Matt

Thanks!

pat36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pat36

No s4. ):

MemaMary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MemaMary

I have the Razr Maxx - not the HD version so disappointed that it won't work for me. Darn!

arhuizenga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arhuizenga

They're good deals because some of the phones are a couple of generations old. Woot fail.

That being said, I do have the Otterbox Commuter for my S4 and 5C, and they're excellent cases.

GriffinClubMerv2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GriffinClubMerv2

I once returned an Otterbox for being everything that you don't look for in a cellphone case - bulky, prohibitive, reduces responsiveness. In other words, all the bad things, in one convenient protective package...

perpsley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perpsley

These are the clunkiest, ugliest cases ever. and the protective shield for your display scratches so easily its unbelievable. My last one, within a month, had to be removed because the scratches were ridiculous; yet the phone's display prior to that, having used it for months, showed no scratching whatsoever. I'd never fall for this product again

perpsley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perpsley

the real torture test will come after you buy it! ;)

conanthelibrarian wrote:Time to check out the product page for the Armor Series.

BTW, I so want this case!! Going to have to think about this one.

LenSe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenSe

I've been using the Defender on my S4 for a year now. Best case around. Too bad the S4/S5 isn't included here.

tedkoppel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tedkoppel

This is a woot-appointment (short for Woot Disappointment).

Woot is great for the one-off chances to find something useless (or sometimes useful) to buy.

What I *don't* want is for the day's Woot to be "just another retail site". And that's what today's is. Is this part of the Amazonization of Woot? If so, I don't like it.

Worse yet - of all the Otterboxes, there isn't one for a Nexus 5. Shame. Shame.

bobbymc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymc

I had a defender case for my 3g iPhone and then for my 4s. Both great, no problems and no, the windows do NOT scratch. The 4s case wore out after three years ad wife bought me an ARMOR. DO NOT GET ONE OT THESE PIECES OF CRAP.Bulky, cannot use some of the buttons, Absoltely not waterproof, flaps over 30 pin connector keep coming open, and impossible for other to hear you because of ill fit. Stay with the Defender.

jramos56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jramos56

I'd like to take advantage of the sale but noticed that windows 8 phone brand is HTC. Any chance the Nokia 822 windows 8 otter might be available? I don't think the HTC one will work for the Nokia brand. Thanks!

djcubinlinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djcubinlinx
bobbymc wrote:I had a defender case for my 3g iPhone and then for my 4s. Both great, no problems and no, the windows do NOT scratch. The 4s case wore out after three years ad wife bought me an ARMOR. DO NOT GET ONE OT THESE PIECES OF CRAP.Bulky, cannot use some of the buttons, Absoltely not waterproof, flaps over 30 pin connector keep coming open, and impossible for other to hear you because of ill fit. Stay with the Defender.

I have not personally owned a armor case. I can personally recommend the defender case. Whenever they come up here, I purchase 2. I'm in construction and need a durable case for my iPhone 5. I change the case every 5-6 months. The abuse my phone takes is amazing, always dropping it and never had a problem. People that want to add a protective case and not add bulk to the phone are not in reality. Something needs to absorb the shock from the impact. Additionally, it's made of plastic. Of course it's going to scratch!! Unless you make the front of the case of gorilla glass, it's going to scratch!!

GenghisShawn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GenghisShawn
thxlbx wrote:No Samsung Galaxy S4 cases. Disappointing.

Agree

babaseballcoach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babaseballcoach
ReginaFilangee wrote:This afternoon at my sister's house is the first time I had EVER heard of an otterbox. I thought she and my nieces were telling me I needed to get an "autobox" for my phone. After about 5 minutes of them talking about it and saying it over and over again, I finally made them spell it.

I must have Transformers on my mind.....

(Still, a very odd coincidence!)

You do know on transformers, it's not autobox.
It's autobots!

zolton66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zolton66

Will the cases for the iPhone 5 work for a 5c?

Blindsider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blindsider

I've had both the Defender and the Armour cases for my iPhone4 and they've worked as advertised. No scratches as long as you clean the phone and case once in a while. The Armour kept the phone safe after being dropped in a hot tub for roughly 5 minutes. It will muffle calls and speakers though and some of the buttons are harder to operate but its fine for me while using it at work. My Iphone4 has spent most of its life in these cases and looks brand new and I bought it the day they released it however many years ago.

danrulz98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danrulz98

No Note 3 or S4/S5?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

zolton66 wrote:Will the cases for the iPhone 5 work for a 5c?

Per the Specs tab, these are not compatible with the iPhone 5C. Sorry.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

abe117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abe117

Why buy from woot when amazon has the same iphone 5s cases for the same price with 2 day shipping .

MsDarlene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MsDarlene

Anyone have any experience with the Armor Waterproof Cases for Galaxy SIII?? I only saw one S3 review. I want to buy one, but after reading all the other reviews for the iphones.. I'm not so sure anymore.

Darlene

tallyhoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallyhoo
tedkoppel wrote:This is a woot-appointment (short for Woot Disappointment).

Woot is great for the one-off chances to find something useless (or sometimes useful) to buy.

What I *don't* want is for the day's Woot to be "just another retail site". And that's what today's is. Is this part of the Amazonization of Woot? If so, I don't .

Been this way for a while. Amazon crushes most of these deals. I've already bought all the unique refurb stuff (e,g,, Dyson) that collects here.

Bring back the old woot. More deals and Babies on Cribs. You guys are losing what makes you awesome.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
babaseballcoach wrote:You do know on transformers, it's not autobox.
It's autobots!

Yes....I do know that. What I meant was that I must have had autobots on my mind to hear autobox instead of otterbox. If you imagine them being said with deep Southern accents, you might understand.

Besides, autoboxes might really exist anyway....maybe Optimus Prime and Bumblebee sleep in them.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

imprincesspooh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imprincesspooh
MsDarlene wrote:Anyone have any experience with the Armor Waterproof Cases for Galaxy SIII?? I only saw one S3 review. I want to buy one, but after reading all the other reviews for the iphones.. I'm not so sure anymore.

A little late to the party... but they are actually cheaper on Amazon (especially if you have Prime shipping).

Anyway, I had one on my S3, but buttons are nearly impossible to push (home, back button, etc), the signal degrades while in the case, the battery runs hot, and you need the jaws of life to open the larger of the latches to insert or remove your phone.

At least this was my experience... and a $25.00 lesson learned.