12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2836 Private Messages lichme

BHPhotoVideo Reviews
NewEgg Reviews

[MOD: Note that the NewEgg reviews are for the 16GB version. We are selling the 32GB.]

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

Sony Xperia Z 10.1" 32GB Android Tablet
Price: $379.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jul 14 to Tuesday, Jul 15) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

rustedspork31

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rustedspork31

How much extra for a dry one?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3452 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

eldad9

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eldad9

Whatever happened to that "if you buy our Android tablets you'll be able to play your PSX purchases on them" thing?

thelastredeemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelastredeemer

I would be all over it but the specs seems to be somewhat similar to the Nexus 7 2nd gen.

Not sure if I want to pay so much for a screen size upgrade.

tradergeorge

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tradergeorge

I have an Experia "S", which this is a later and better version of. It is a fine tablet and just feels of quality when you hold it. I like it better than both the Samsungs (Tab and Note), as well as the ASUS Transformers...(Yeah, I am a tablet Geek; What can I say)

But seriously, although this seems like a high price, this tablet is worth every penny.

jmahon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmahon

Why would anyone buy this when they can get the Z2 tablet for $450 from Sony, directly?

j1cornish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j1cornish
jmahon wrote:Why would anyone buy this when they can get the Z2 tablet for $450 from Sony, directly?

I went to Sony.com and the 32gb Z2 is $599. I would certainly pay $450 for one if you tell me how!

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

Got one from Amazon Vine a few months ago and it's a great tablet. I already had a Samsung Note 10.1 and the Xperia was better in almost every way. The screen is amazing. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a glass screen and feels kind of flimsy.

patric9956

quality posts: 7 Private Messages patric9956

This also has a IR transmitter, so it can be used as an universal remote - which is what I use it for. Not sure why SONY does not tout that capability. It is a fast tablet with a very nice screen - a worthwhile upgrade over the Experia S.

limes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages limes

Can someone please wipe off that screen?!

acraigl

quality posts: 43 Private Messages acraigl

I believe the Z2 becomes widely available on 7/17. I expect some discount from MSRP (as is the Sony site, presently) once that happens. Based on that, I would wait.

RadarRon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RadarRon

I am sure that Sony believes that everyone should be using only Sony electronics, I am wondering if my NON-Sony phone and TV will commutate this this tablet?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
RadarRon wrote:I am sure that Sony believes that everyone should be using only Sony electronics, I am wondering if my NON-Sony phone and TV will commutate this this tablet?

I too worry about Sony being too "lawyered up" and inserting goofy code into Android to make their idea of DRM a reality.

These are the folks that brought you DAT audio recorders that did NOT record at a standard 44.1 and minidisc audio players that would not let you use the MP3 file on your PC if it was copied (using their software) to the player until you "put it back."

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ruouttaurmind

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruouttaurmind

Great specs on this one, and I like the idea of water resistant tablets. But it's last year's tech for close to the same price as current models from other manufacturers. The Z2 will be available in quantity in about a week, I'd wait to see where the price on that one lands once it's in consumer channels. Likely it won't be long before you see factory refurb Z2 models at about this price point.

Compare the specs to this Galaxy Note (2014 model) here on Woot!

http://www.woot.com/offers/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-32gb-black-2?ref=cnt_wp_2_1

The note has much higher resolution, plus S Pen support.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
tradergeorge wrote:I have an Experia "S", which this is a later and better version of. It is a fine tablet and just feels of quality when you hold it. I like it better than both the Samsungs (Tab and Note), as well as the ASUS Transformers...(Yeah, I am a tablet Geek; What can I say)

But seriously, although this seems like a high price, this tablet is worth every penny.

We bought this about 2 months ago with the case for $20 more. It is so much faster and better then the Motorola Xoom we got 2 plus years back. It flys and zips through everything in comparison on the same 50/50 connection. We're very pleased with it. We wouldn't hesitate but don't need another same tablet right now. We share it when away from laptops and desktops in the house.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

ellen3kay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ellen3kay

Happy Birthday Woot! Thanks for the Big ol' Catapult!!

TobyBathory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TobyBathory

Lol I thought my PC had water marks all over it. Damn Xperia and water proof qualities lol.

wisman999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wisman999

Dont bother with buying sony. If you have a warranty claim they wont honor the warranty. They will claim you Damaged it through neglect etc. That's what happened to me

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
wisman999 wrote:Dont bother with buying sony. If you have a warranty claim they wont honor the warranty. They will claim you Damaged it through neglect etc. That's what happened to me

We will agree about past Sony warranties. The good part is we live in driving distance of their main offices and walked in once to our satisfaction with their legal counsel after speaking to CS. They also don't like the Better Business Bureau contacted leaving bad marks against them. I wouldn't worry about them honoring a guarantee today with that knowledge. ;)

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

PirateMary72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PirateMary72

I second the motion