ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

We're trying out a quasi-sorta-okay-maybe-not-so-newish thing here at Woot where instead of one thing in the daily deal spot, we give you ALL THE VIZIOS AND MOAR VIZIOMIZNIZIOS!!

And since it's a special kinda sale, we thought it needed a special kinda discussion place that you can find here.

LINK TO THE SALE: http://www.woot.com/plus/vizio-led-smart-tvs-1

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3125 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out the product page for the 40" and great reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com and more good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

radiodude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radiodude

I cant tell, does it have MHL?

Duane Whittingham

benc4567

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benc4567

Is there a quantifiable difference between the M series vizios and the E series vizios?

GWA1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GWA1225
benc4567 wrote:Is there a quantifiable difference between the M series vizios and the E series vizios?

Yes indeed. Just search on-line reviews for the M-series and many of them spell out the differences. Whether the upgrades on the M's are worth the price difference to you is another matter.
Note also that the current E-series in the stores (Costco, for example) are the 550i-B2 versions; these are -A's, 2013 vs 2014. Again, there were upgrades for the B's that are spelled out in some of the early reviews.
We just bought a 550i-B2 yesterday; the price delta was over $100, FWIW.

randoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randoph

Another 'buyer beware' moment...not quite what you wanted when it's only $10 more than brand new - how bout the shipping cost back, doh!!!!

moconnell4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages moconnell4

Make sure that if you get a 42" that it has the updated firmware to fix the dimming issue talked about here

Its also a good site to learn more about these TVs in general.

I, myself, am thinking about getting the 50"

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

tomquincy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomquincy

Bought the 70" in the last woot round of these. It came in a manufacturer box and all the bits and pieces look brand new. The TV itself is very nice. It is clear but as many have stated, the blacks could be blacker. still, for the price, you cannot go wrong. This looks fantastic on my wall and I've enjoyed it so far. I haven't used much of the "smart" features yet but I hear they fare better than those from Samsung and others. Still, even if you don't like it.. a 70" for $1100 is expendable in a year or two.

zolttt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zolttt

Always wondered about this when these deals pop up. Any reason I could not buy the 24 inch model as an extra monitor for my laptop ? Would something like this work well enough for that purpose? Not even really for gaming, more just for school work and work work.

I ruined my signature with poor cut and paste skills

reom76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reom76

Need some input from others who have bought refurbed Vizios. I nearly bought the 32" non-smart version of this TV over the weekend at Costco for the same price (they had both last year's and this year's model for $199). I have a Chromecast so the smart features aren't 100% necessary but would be a nice perk. Is it worth it to forgo the smart features in order to receive Costco's better warranty?

EJordan90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EJordan90

I bought a refurbished vizio last year (maybe same 47" line) in a woot off. It has been less than a year and tv appears to be dead or close. Lost 3 of 4 hdmi inputs last week and now tv reboots or freezes within 20 seconds of powering on. Double check the extended warranty details and consider it carefully. Wish I had. It's too big to be a paper weight.

bcarr123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bcarr123
reom76 wrote:Need some input from others who have bought refurbed Vizios. I nearly bought the 32" non-smart version of this TV over the weekend at Costco for the same price (they had both last year's and this year's model for $199). I have a Chromecast so the smart features aren't 100% necessary but would be a nice perk. Is it worth it to forgo the smart features in order to receive Costco's better warranty?

I bought this tv last year from here and would happily buy another if I needed one. The tv has an incredible picture and works as it should!

rdd3213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdd3213

What's the stand like? I'm thinking about the 55" but I don't want to hang it. I have cats that love nature programming and a weak and wobbly stand might not be a good thing.

rosedude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosedude
zolttt wrote:Always wondered about this when these deals pop up. Any reason I could not buy the 24 inch model as an extra monitor for my laptop ? Would something like this work well enough for that purpose? Not even really for gaming, more just for school work and work work.

The answer is Yes. Monitors used to have higher resolution than the typical TV but that is no longer the case.

I have the 24" version that I bought the last time this was wooted and I like it. I don't use it as a computer monitor, but I put it in the bedroom and use it with my phone and a Chromecast chip in the HDMI port and it works for anything you can Chromecast. The WiFi is good and the tuner works great with an antenna. I don't use the built-in apps but they seem to work OK.

LordBling

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LordBling

I've bought two new Vizios in the past couple of years, and I'm not happy with either of them. Not sure if I'd trust a refurb.

rosedude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosedude
reom76 wrote:Need some input from others who have bought refurbed Vizios. I nearly bought the 32" non-smart version of this TV over the weekend at Costco for the same price (they had both last year's and this year's model for $199). I have a Chromecast so the smart features aren't 100% necessary but would be a nice perk. Is it worth it to forgo the smart features in order to receive Costco's better warranty?

Electronics have a U-shaped failure curve. The risk is higher when they are brand new and then drops to very low for the service life. The rate of failure goes up gradually as it gets older.

It will be a little easier to return to Costco if it fails right after you buy it. You still have to stand in line to return it. After that you are paying more for peace of mind. Personally I like saving the money.

I bought the 24 inch Visio the last time it was wooted and it has worked perfectly for me. The quick-start manual was Xeroxed and there was no battery for the remote. I figure there was less stuff for the landfill.

shirleyschmidt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shirleyschmidt

I will never purchase another brand! Vizio is the top seller of flat screen tvs and there's a good reason for it. I still own a Vizio plasma tv from Costco that is over 10 years old and works perfectly, as well as a Vizio 50" LED that is 5 years old and great. I just purchased a 60" for my home in Mazatlán...Vizio is new to the market here and nearly impossible to fine so I grabbed one when I saw it in a local store. The sound on Vizio TV's can't be beat. I added a sound bar to the 50" and it was totally unnecessary.

schreineradam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schreineradam

I got the 70" back in April 2013 for $1300. Looks and works like brand new. No complaints here.

Woshiernog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Woshiernog
EJordan90 wrote:I bought a refurbished vizio last year (maybe same 47" line) in a woot off. It has been less than a year and tv appears to be dead or close. Lost 3 of 4 hdmi inputs last week and now tv reboots or freezes within 20 seconds of powering on. Double check the extended warranty details and consider it carefully. Wish I had. It's too big to be a paper weight.

I had the same issue with a LG refurb tv I bought from them. I told myself never again but... maybe this time will be different.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 17 Private Messages billthegunowner

Can't go wrong with a Visio refurb from Woot. I've got two of them and they're both working just fine. Nice TVs. Viso also has excellent tech support.

Bill

kipin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kipin

How do these compare to Samsung, picture wise?

Woshiernog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Woshiernog
billthegunowner wrote:Can't go wrong with a Visio refurb from Woot. I've got two of them and they're both working just fine. Nice TVs. Viso also has excellent tech support.

Good to know.

zeus136988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeus136988

The Smart features on my 42" Vizio are OK. One big inconvenience is the apps are extremely slow. Also, I have lots of issues with the Amazon Prime app. Over 90% of the time I want to view something on the Amazon Prime app, it won't connect and I get an error. In order to fix it, I have to enter the Yahoo app store, view My Apps, uninstall Amazon Prime, reinstall Amazon Prime, and then it will work when I launch the app after that. It would have probably been a better idea to have gotten the non-Smart version and popped for a Roku or something. I don't believe any of these TV sales are good when you can go to Sam's Club and get a new TV for about the same price. You would also get a full warranty as the TV is new. If it fails, take it back to your local Sam's Club instead of shipping it back.

mcahren

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mcahren

Where is the 80" Woot?

mcahren

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mcahren
zeus136988 wrote:The Smart features on my 42" Vizio are OK. One big inconvenience is the apps are extremely slow. Also, I have lots of issues with the Amazon Prime app. Over 90% of the time I want to view something on the Amazon Prime app, it won't connect and I get an error. In order to fix it, I have to enter the Yahoo app store, view My Apps, uninstall Amazon Prime, reinstall Amazon Prime, and then it will work when I launch the app after that. It would have probably been a better idea to have gotten the non-Smart version and popped for a Roku or something. I don't believe any of these TV sales are good when you can go to Sam's Club and get a new TV for about the same price. You would also get a full warranty as the TV is new. If it fails, take it back to your local Sam's Club instead of shipping it back.

Chromecast is a great option as well. We have several Smart TVs (each with different apps and interfaces). Chromecast is easy to use, and makes all of our TVs consistent. Wife approved.

oppyland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oppyland

I purchased a 47" on a previous sale - this spring I believe. Couldn't be happier. Great picture (just Google for settings recommendations, it was way too bright when I first turned it on).

Haven't really used the apps much, as I also have a Chromecast, but I did use Amazon Prime a couple times.

xboarderz7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xboarderz7

I have 70in 120hz and I love it.

mieky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mieky

I bought a 55" over a month ago, and still haven't received it. Woot keeps saying call EFW, and EFW keeps saying, "Whelp, sorry it'll be here on the upcoming Wednesday."

Degree: Doctor of Dental Surgery
Woot-off: priceless

Don't forget to brush your teeth...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mieky wrote:I bought a 55" over a month ago, and still haven't received it. Woot keeps saying call EFW, and EFW keeps saying, "Whelp, sorry it'll be here on the upcoming Wednesday."

Sorry for the problem. I'll put you on my afternoon report so they can look into it again.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mieky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mieky

I appreciate it, but I'm not overly optimistic. I've emailed cust service many times. It seems just destined to stay wherever it is.

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problem. I'll put you on my afternoon report so they can look into it again.

Degree: Doctor of Dental Surgery
Woot-off: priceless

Don't forget to brush your teeth...

biohazardtwo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages biohazardtwo
zolttt wrote:Always wondered about this when these deals pop up. Any reason I could not buy the 24 inch model as an extra monitor for my laptop ? Would something like this work well enough for that purpose? Not even really for gaming, more just for school work and work work.

No reason you couldn't, you should be able to turn off over scan and other then that the only potential issue I see is the lack of adjust ability on the stand. With a monitor you normally see at least tilt adjust. Other then that its got both hmdi and vga which should let you hook it up to pretty much any pc. Also if you do get one set it too gaming mode if it has one this should reduce latency.

Edit: I should point out that your not really saving anything buy doing this you can get a basic ips 21.5 inch monitor for 115 dollars and TN monitors are even cheaper. Its 129 if you want a similarly sized 23 inch model only get the tv is you want a TV and a monitor.

highdeserttom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages highdeserttom

I bought a 29 inch Vizio in September... It worked great for a few months, then would not start unless I disconnected the power. That worked to a while... But now it is trash... Buyer Beware! Buy the extended insurance...

I got burned! I got junk!

sakanagai

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sakanagai
highdeserttom wrote:I bought a 29 inch Vizio in September... It worked great for a few months, then would not start unless I disconnected the power. That worked to a while... But now it is trash... Buyer Beware! Buy the extended insurance...

I got burned! I got junk!

I ordered the 24" one from this sale and the display was damaged out of the box. Didn't even get a few months use of it.

manhandsha

quality posts: 39 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

sakanagai wrote:I ordered the 24" one from this sale and the display was damaged out of the box. Didn't even get a few months use of it.

I just replied to your tweet, but please send your order details to support@woot.com for assistance. I'm really sorry for the trouble. :/

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

sakanagai

manhandsha wrote:I just replied to your tweet, but please send your order details to support@woot.com for assistance. I'm really sorry for the trouble. :/

Already done. These things happen. And the few times I've had to deal with woot support, I've been well taken care of.

brittmasalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brittmasalo

I ordered the 70" and received an email stating it shipped on the 15th. When I try to track it, FedEx has no record of the shipment. No response from Woot customer service. Has anyone who ordered the 70" received it or at least been able to track it?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

brittmasalo wrote:I ordered the 70" and received an email stating it shipped on the 15th. When I try to track it, FedEx has no record of the shipment. No response from Woot customer service. Has anyone who ordered the 70" received it or at least been able to track it?

You're probably unable to track the item because it shipped freight (instead of ground).

You can enter in your "tracking number" on this website: http://www.efwnow.com/my-efw/?action=rapidTrack&ddlTrackBy=HousebillNo&txtInputNo=TRACKING/WAYBILLNUMBERHERE

This should provide an updated status to your order.

brittmasalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brittmasalo

That did the trick... Thanks!!!!

Update: I contacted EFW for shipping status update and they indicated to me that the television hasn't even left Woot's warehouse. In the past, I've had wonderful experiences with Woot's shipping, but this is ridiculous! It has been 10 days since my credit card was charged. I think it is a poor practice for Woot to charge this far in advance of shipping. EFW also noted I should expect another 8 business days of transit (after it leaves the Woot warehouse).

I understand that this is a large item, but I highly doubt I will have it in time for the movie/slumber party I was planning for my daughter next week!

ROGETRAY wrote:You're probably unable to track the item because it shipped freight (instead of ground).

You can enter in your "tracking number" on this website: http://www.efwnow.com/my-efw/?action=rapidTrack&ddlTrackBy=HousebillNo&txtInputNo=TRACKING/WAYBILLNUMBERHERE

This should provide an updated status to your order.

sakanagai

Got a return label the other day to send the TV back. I was told there were no replacements available for that set, so I'll have to wait on a refund to try again. Unfortunately, that same model TV showed up in the woot-off yesterday. I hate the way inventories work sometimes.