WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: The one thing I cannot forget on this year's Summer road trip is _________.
  • 23.8% - my significant other 296
  • 12.4% - an MP3 player 155
  • 15.5% - a road map/GPS system 193
  • 19.3% - snacks and snacks and moar snacks 240
  • 26.8% - my patience 334
  • 2.2% - I'll let you know what I can't forget...(Discuss in thread) 27
1245 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

The Pyle bluetooth thingie you plug into the lighter so I can listen to my library books.

calanthium

quality posts: 15 Private Messages calanthium

My sunglasses. I forget those and we go back.

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

I can't forget my kindle.

Z07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Z07

A pack of smokes.

FedEx SmartPost, because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Lenkeit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lenkeit

A road trip is not a road trip without my wonderful husband, so there's no chance of forgetting him...

I have SiriusXM satellite radio in my car and my iPod is always connected to it, too, so music is covered...

Got a great navigational system built into the car, too, so I'm guaranteed not to get lost...

My car only has barely over 10,000 miles on it, so no eating in the car is allowed. No need to bring snacks because we'll stop at various places to eat...

The only choice left is my patience. Sometimes I have it in abundance, other times not so much. But I love driving my car so I don't think it will be a problem.

Now if we could only figure out where to go...

We can cellar 545 bottles here at home. This means we must quickly consume the other 436 bottles on hand...

faf1837

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faf1837
Lenkeit wrote:A road trip is not a road trip without my wonderful husband, so there's no chance of forgetting him...

I have SiriusXM satellite radio in my car and my iPod is always connected to it, too, so music is covered...

Got a great navigational system built into the car, too, so I'm guaranteed not to get lost...

My car only has barely over 10,000 miles on it, so no eating in the car is allowed. No need to bring snacks because we'll stop at various places to eat...

The only choice left is my patience. Sometimes I have it in abundance, other times not so much. But I love driving my car so I don't think it will be a problem.

Now if we could only figure out where to go...

After reading your post, I'm seriously glad I don't have to travel anywhere with you. Give that "wonderful husband" of your's some peace & quiet. Geesh!

Bucuresci

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Bucuresci

My flat tire I had to change in National Arches, Utah, on the highest driest hotest point. Asking other drivers for a portable air compressor, same answer, "Sorry, it is a rental, don't have one".

wstrope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wstrope

my camera

Wallace D. Strope

buzzwang

quality posts: 10 Private Messages buzzwang

What summer road trip? Since having a kid a bit over a year ago, my wife absolutely insists that it takes two people to 'watch' the child. I can't watch and drive at the same time, so any trip is right out. Even if I did manage to convince her to go, I'd be stuck watching the kid the whole time and having her tell me what I'm doing wrong instead of enjoying the trip. So, there isn't any point to it.

mcden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcden

...full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, and darkness, so I can wear my sunglasses...

7echniqu3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 7echniqu3
buzzwang wrote:What summer road trip? Since having a kid a bit over a year ago, my wife absolutely insists that it takes two people to 'watch' the child. I can't watch and drive at the same time, so any trip is right out. Even if I did manage to convince her to go, I'd be stuck watching the kid the whole time and having her tell me what I'm doing wrong instead of enjoying the trip. So, there isn't any point to it.

Get your buddy to go with you or maybe your wife's sister? Your mother-in-law? LOL JK on the last one. (only if your desperate)

slipperqueen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slipperqueen

Actually leaving on a road trip next month...can't wait. I just retired!

wyk3d

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wyk3d

No trip for me unless that Birthday of Celebrations your sending me is full of cash and not crap.

dturner857

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dturner857

The price of gas that kept us from a summer road trip.

cwheels51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwheels51

Headphones. I'll be like the kid in Face Off with his walkman during the big shoot out scene at Nic Cage's place while I'm driving.

Although, I expect my wife and three kids will be a bit more chaotic and noisy on the 12 hour trip than 50 people shooting up a gangster hideout...

megadad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadad

I haven't had a vacation in 9 years. 8-o

-------
MegaDad
"I'm a Mawg: half-man, half-dog. I'm my own best friend."
Spaceballs

jtoubeaux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jtoubeaux
faf1837 wrote:After reading your post, I'm seriously glad I don't have to travel anywhere with you. Give that "wonderful husband" of your's some peace & quiet. Geesh!

HA HA!
I especially love the "barely over 10,000 miles on it," (bragging) so no eating in the car is allowed" (controlling)

jtoubeaux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jtoubeaux
buzzwang wrote:Even if I did manage to convince her to go, I'd be stuck watching the kid the whole time and having her tell me what I'm doing wrong instead of enjoying the trip. So, there isn't any point to it.

That part is like every road trip that ever was after you become a parent. Newbie!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

MP3/smartphone with data, Pandora... I CANNOT TOLERATE HOURS AND HOURS OF SILENCE!! Must have tunes...

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

Summer road trip, I wish.

yourtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yourtor

Audio books, lots of audio books

akarol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akarol

MP3 player? What The Helios is that?

notnad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notnad

My cameras, at least two of them, with all the lenses I can pack.

Lenkeit

faf1837 wrote:After reading your post, I'm seriously glad I don't have to travel anywhere with you. Give that "wonderful husband" of your's some peace & quiet. Geesh!

After reading your post, I seriously believe that you don't even have, nor have you ever had, a significant other, much less a spouse.

Apparently you failed to realize that I was responding, point by point, to the choices in the Woot poll.

We can cellar 545 bottles here at home. This means we must quickly consume the other 436 bottles on hand...

Lenkeit

jtoubeaux wrote:HA HA!
I especially love the "barely over 10,000 miles on it," (bragging) so no eating in the car is allowed" (controlling)

I'm sorry that you've never been able to afford a brand new car, and that the used cars you have owned have been so trashed from the get-go that you don't care what happens in them.