revlynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revlynn

This is the second time I have ordered from Woot, second time there is a problem. Last time, I got an immediate response, which is why I ordered from y'all again. Now...nothing.

Ordered Chromebook and I LOVE it! Unfortunately, it does not hold a charge. It's been plugged in continuously for 5 days and still at 1%. If I unplug it, dead...black screen.

I have emailed customer support and received a Case #. It is now several days later. I bought this for work and I can't take it anywhere. I need a response ASAP. Work trip coming up next week and I need a replacement (or my money refunded) ASAP!!!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

revlynn wrote:This is the second time I have ordered from Woot, second time there is a problem. Last time, I got an immediate response, which is why I ordered from y'all again. Now...nothing.

Ordered Chromebook and I LOVE it! Unfortunately, it does not hold a charge. It's been plugged in continuously for 5 days and still at 1%. If I unplug it, dead...black screen.

I have emailed customer support and received a Case #. It is now several days later. I bought this for work and I can't take it anywhere. I need a response ASAP. Work trip coming up next week and I need a replacement (or my money refunded) ASAP!!!

I'll check in with CS on your case, I apologize for the delay so far.

sswilcox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sswilcox

Finally received my Chromebook today. Was I the last delivery? So far so good. SuperJew's t-mo instructions were perfect. No issues at all and I was surprised to learn I have reception at my rural home. My battery is charging. The unit appears to be in excellent condition. No evidence of wear at all. Will look to nab another next time around.

SuperJew4711 wrote:Got mine today. As far as the 4G, i disabled my wifi, then selected the TMobile option in the wifi selection settings. Then just go to any non-HTTPS website, and it will redirect you to the tmobile signup page. No credit card needed.

jshagam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jshagam
manhandsha wrote:Oh man, sorry about that. If you haven't, I'd recommend reaching out to HP; these Chromebooks have a 90 Day warranty with them.

If you need additional help along the way, please email your order info and situation to support@woot.com. Let us know how things go.

Woot support just said that there were no SIMs as replacement parts available, and invited me to either get a partial refund of $20 or to just send the device back. Considering I was only even buying this for mobile access (and I'm not liking ChromeOS that much anyway), I'm just going to send it back.

ramanan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramanan

I got mine today. Unit looks wonderful in outside. But, alas! for me only 5% of the keys work. I'm not even able to get this to connect to my home WiFi. Not sure, what do I need to do to rectify this. Any pointers?

ciao
rummy

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ramanan wrote:I got mine today. Unit looks wonderful in outside. But, alas! for me only 5% of the keys work. I'm not even able to get this to connect to my home WiFi. Not sure, what do I need to do to rectify this. Any pointers?

Sorry for the problems. You might try a hard reset if it has that and contacting HP for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zjjqc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zjjqc

There is a problem with my chromebook. The touchpad just cann't work. The computer can not detect the touchpad? Is the touchpad broken? Or the touchpad is locked? Can anyone help?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

zjjqc wrote:There is a problem with my chromebook. The touchpad just cann't work. The computer can not detect the touchpad? Is the touchpad broken? Or the touchpad is locked? Can anyone help?

Sorry for the delayed response. In this case, I'd suggest getting in touch with HP--these Chromebooks have a 90 Day warranty with them.

If you need any extra help along the way, you can email your issue and order details to Woot CS at support@woot.com. Keep us posted on how things go!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

mckemie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mckemie
mckemie wrote:FINALLY got it done but not tested. The TMobile phone system was even worse than expected; I spent more than an hour in three sessions. Two dead ends followed by one success.

For those that follow this path:
1) the needed phone number is on the SIM card punch out. 877 234 4299
If you wade through the system and get to the right place, you will need the following:
2) the SIM number off of SIM card punch out
3) the "IMEI" number. It is printed (gray on black) on a sticker on the back of the computer.

Good luck to all!

I can finally report success. Getting 4g to work and getting the T-Mobile account access was a real pain. I made two ~30 mile trips to the service area and finally another 30 mile trip to a T-Mobile retail store. But, as near as I can tell, the device works perfectly. Battery will run in several hours. I learned to use the touchpad and how to work around the missing keys. Best of all, my T-Mobile account indicates I will get 200mb/month for ever and I see how to buy extra time when needed. Now, if only I could turn the thing into a hotspot.

Linksys notebook adapters 11/30/05
WD 250 gig HD 1/11/06
2 gig USB drives 1/3/07
Jumbo universal remote 2/12/08
eMachines Notebook 1/28/09
Seagate FreeAgent Dockstar 6/23/10

jamesivie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesivie

I'm having trouble getting the TMobile data enabled. I inserted the SIM card (which was not preinstalled as the documentation said it was). However, when I click the icon to disable Wi-Fi and then click the icon to enable mobile data, it just goes back to the way it was after a few seconds. The cellular internet won't stay on. I'm thinking it's just broken. Does anyone who's been through this process know if there is anything else I'm missing?

kyoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kyoo

the bottom right of my space bar has stopped working fully.. I can recreate it pretty easily.. if I tap in just the right spot, there is quite a decent chance of it(just now) not producing a space.

I'm still in warranty.. but how the hell do I get warranty repair? HP.COM is throwing errors left and right as I try to navigate it.. worthless piece of crap.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kyoo wrote:the bottom right of my space bar has stopped working fully.. I can recreate it pretty easily.. if I tap in just the right spot, there is quite a decent chance of it(just now) not producing a space.

I'm still in warranty.. but how the hell do I get warranty repair? HP.COM is throwing errors left and right as I try to navigate it.. worthless piece of crap.

If HP is unable to help you find a resolve, please let Woot Member Services know at support@woot.com.