WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

POV Action Cam Sunglasses

Who needs some dumb search engine's goggles? NOT YOU!

Toridas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toridas

"The built-in lithium-ion polymer battery will provide between 1.5 hours of recording time."

Yes but how FAR between 1.5 hours of recording time?

digduga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digduga

No comments and the "elephant in the room"? Are these waterproof?

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
digduga wrote:No comments and the "elephant in the room"? Are these waterproof?

From the 1080p black action cam page:

• Water and sweat resistant

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jsull210

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsull210

I can certainly think of one use for these.

dale380

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dale380

When I see POV I think of one thing only.

snowkitten

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowkitten

Does anyone own these? Wondering if a full face visor would impact the recording. I.E. Would the camera focus on the visor versus what's past it.

goff684

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goff684
dale380 wrote:When I see POV I think of one thing only.

A Song of Ice and Fire books? Yeah, me too

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3518

Great for driving in nyc

smashskates

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smashskates

Is this a good price or a superior brand? I saw some on ebay for $55 buy they're straight from China and I'm not sure if they are "quality".

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

Higher end ones....

http://shop.pivothead.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwxtKeBRDMzoeQmYn5uHcSJACGCF3DXLBzKhrAeBTLhs8tub65YYG8nR0silk4oO0JF_YGwBoCXLzw_wcB

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

chooseawootusername

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chooseawootusername

http://www.woot.com/plus/pov-action-cam-sunglasses?ref=cnt_wp_8

What is this bullsh*t??? $119 original price? These sell for $15 + free shipping on eBay--directly from suppliers/distributors. EXACT SAME ONES. They come straight from China.

I've actually purchased a pair some time ago and they're trash. Don't expect to wear these with a motorcycle helmet--they're bulky and clumsy. Battery life is a joke. If you have a small head, they won't sit properly on your face--arms are not spring loaded. They're heavy as well, so they'll fall off easily if you move your head too quickly.

What a scam, Woot.

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino
chooseawootusername wrote:http://www.woot.com/plus/pov-action-cam-sunglasses?ref=cnt_wp_8

What is this bullsh*t??? $119 original price? These sell for $15 + free shipping on eBay--directly from suppliers/distributors. EXACT SAME ONES. They come straight from China.

I've actually purchased a pair some time ago and they're trash. Don't expect to wear these with a motorcycle helmet--they're bulky and clumsy. Battery life is a joke. If you have a small head, they won't sit properly on your face--arms are not spring loaded. They're heavy as well, so they'll fall off easily if you move your head too quickly.

What a scam, Woot.

$15 huh? Where's the link?

saxamaphone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saxamaphone
dviglino wrote:$15 huh? Where's the link?

The 1080p sunglasses I found on the 'bay were all $56 and up, ~$80 looked like the median. In for 1, I'm OK with paying a little extra for shipping from the US + the 1 year warranty.

bjobie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjobie

I'm thinking about grabbing a pair of these and wearing them while I referee soccer games. With 1.5 hour battery life it'd be cutting it close. If I got a portable USB battery charger how much charge could I get in 10 minutes at half time?

mything2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mything2

1. If you're running Windows 8.0 forget this- doesn't support it but you don't find out until you read the microscopic instruction sheet.
2. there are two rubber buttons that control mode and other actions...well they are help in place by friction only-both popped out in just normal handling.
3. Previous comment above noted they aren't adjustable to head size and are bulky...right on both counts.
They're going back to Woot

chooseawootusername

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chooseawootusername
dviglino wrote:$15 huh? Where's the link?

You cannot be serious.

You go to www.ebay.com and search for "spy sunglasses," or "cam sunglasses."

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
digduga wrote:No comments and the "elephant in the room"? Are these waterproof?

You REALLY need a set of these to video that elephant in your room!!!

saxamaphone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saxamaphone

Shipped on Tuesday, received in southern CA Friday. I got the ACG 50s. Seems to work just fine. Press the button to turn it on, it automatically starts recording video. I don't know how to turn it on without starting a recording. Press & hold the button for a couple of seconds to stop the recording and put it in standby mode. From standby, a single tap captures a snapshot, a long press starts a video recording, and a really long press shuts it off. Video quality seems OK, comparable to a phone.