zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Hi-Tec Men's Berkeley Trail Runners
Price: $19.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jul 28 to Tuesday, Jul 29) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

claystorm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages claystorm

Hey Woot!, is it too much to ask for foot ware in wide widths, for those of us with wide feet? Thanks.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

claystorm wrote:Hey Woot!, is it too much to ask for foot ware in wide widths, for those of us with wide feet? Thanks.

Our buyers try to grab them up whenever they're available. Looks like it's not an option this time around, sorry to disappoint.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

esteinbg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages esteinbg
claystorm wrote:Hey Woot!, is it too much to ask for foot ware in wide widths, for those of us with wide feet? Thanks.

^^^ what he said. Need me some wide shoes.

Wooting since 4/3/2006

woncoolone

quality posts: 705 Private Messages woncoolone

monticello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monticello
esteinbg wrote:^^^ what he said. Need me some wide shoes.

Me too

www.gaging.com

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

yeah stopped looking when 4e wasn't available

I always did like yardsales.

pewpdawg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pewpdawg

Boredmaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Boredmaster

Is this Kids.woot? Because size 13 is small. When is Woot going to offer man-sized men's shoes? Wake me up when you have my 18s in stock...

gantt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages gantt
Boredmaster wrote:Is this Kids.woot? Because size 13 is small. When is Woot going to offer man-sized men's shoes? Wake me up when you have my 18s in stock...

If your feet are really size 18, you don't need to be woken because you're probably not getting much sleep.

Anyway, thanks, Woot, for including the width in the description. It's good to see you're learning from the past.

rocket97

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocket97

I have been wearing Hi-Tec boots since I was a kid. I love them. Hopefully their shoes are as good as their boots have been for me.

kmsshaffer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmsshaffer
pewpdawg wrote:Apparently these are some of the worst Hi-Tec shoes of late:

http://www.rei.com/product/824414/hi-tec-berkeley-trail-running-shoes-mens-special-buy#reviewsTab

Thanks for the reviews... I've had OK experience with Hi-Tec and was going to order a pair. They aren't Merrells by any any means but they're normally a lot cheaper than Merrells too. After reading the abysmal performance of these Hi-Tecs, I've decided to take a pass. Again, thanks for the post.

cheesefood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cheesefood

In for a pair. Reviews give performance at hundreds of miles. I'll be wearing these for possibly tens of miles. No one complains about the fIrst couple hundred miles.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

naropa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages naropa

As a new vegan, I like the low price and all synthetic material. Can't guarantee the glue, though...decisions
http://www.vegannomadguide.com/post/gear-2/vegan-hiking-boots/

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

http://www.rei.com/product/824414/hi-tec-berkeley-trail-running-shoes-mens-special-buy#reviewsTab

4 reviews posted 2-3 years ago would not deter me from buying these shoes. I assume reviewers paid a lot more money than $20 so expected a lot for their money.

pnaulls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnaulls
naropa wrote:As a new vegan, I like the low price and all synthetic material. Can't guarantee the glue, though...decisions
http://www.vegannomadguide.com/post/gear-2/vegan-hiking-boots/

Yay! Unfortunately as a size 6.5 vegan, finding shoes is very difficult. Shoe makers, why do you almost always only go down to size 7?

mailbox1024

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailbox1024

I agree, too many times i bought shoes online only to learn they are too narrow and bother my feet to the point that i can no longer wear them.
Wider widths please!

EddieHaskel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EddieHaskel

I got these a while ago and they are comfortable, but really did not last a real long time. Back of the sole was coming off, but a little shoe goo fixes it. For $20 I got another!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

#1: You look like a poet, your feet show it-they'e Longfellows.

#2: Regarding returns for innacurate sizes - if the shoes don't fit, you must just quit.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

division42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages division42

Interesting. My last pastor of Hi-Tecs were purchased with a bit of fraying by the sole from the damaged bin, and they died fairly quickly. Both of them feel apart within a year. If they are just making junk shoes now... Well they were great for only $15 when I bought them at REI for that year... Worth it for me

Nechushtan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nechushtan

Recent reviews on Amazon.com are much better, I would ignore the old REI reviews.

weasel210

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weasel210

Why are you charging sales tax. I live in Massachusetts and as far as I know shoes are considered clothing, which is not taxed. I will pass on these because of the reviews and the sales tax.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
weasel210 wrote:Why are you charging sales tax. I live in Massachusetts and as far as I know shoes are considered clothing, which is not taxed. I will pass on these because of the reviews and the sales tax.

You are correct on the sales tax.

klouism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klouism

What no width choice?

Pow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pow
weasel210 wrote:Why are you charging sales tax. I live in Massachusetts and as far as I know shoes are considered clothing, which is not taxed.

Ditto here, clothing (including shoes) is generally no-tax here in PA. I don't think these shoes are specialized enough to not be applicable for "everyday wear". (Page 14: http://www.revenue.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/document/755531/rev-717_pdf)

I will note that in Woot's link regarding "why has sales tax been applied?" that they state at checkout time it is only an estimate:

Please note: The sales tax indicated on the checkout form is an estimate. The sales tax ultimately charged to your credit card will be calculated when your credit card charge is authorized and will reflect applicable state and local taxes.

We'll see if their billing knows the deal.

drz30066

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drz30066
gusvonpooch wrote:4 reviews posted 2-3 years ago would not deter me from buying these shoes. I assume reviewers paid a lot more money than $20 so expected a lot for their money.

GOOD point!

nivram

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nivram
Boredmaster wrote:Is this Kids.woot? Because size 13 is small. When is Woot going to offer man-sized men's shoes? Wake me up when you have my 18s in stock...

Actually, I think the page you're looking for, would be www.clownshoes.woot.com! LOL

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

weasel210 wrote:Why are you charging sales tax. I live in Massachusetts and as far as I know shoes are considered clothing, which is not taxed. I will pass on these because of the reviews and the sales tax.

nanaejt wrote:You are correct on the sales tax.

As of Nov. 1, 2013, we've been required to collect sales tax on all orders shipping to MA

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Pow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pow
manhandsha wrote:As of Nov. 1, 2013, we've been required to collect sales tax on all orders shipping to MA

I understand the need to do so on items that are taxable by the state, but these sneakers should be exempt. Per http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/taxpayer-help-and-resources/tax-guides/salesuse-tax-guide.html#apparel:

While apparel designed solely for athletic or protective use is taxable, items that are also suitable for everyday use are exempt.

I'm sure there are other states with clothing as an exemption. The challenge for "shipped retail" to be taxed is being pressed, but you need to be careful regarding compliance on taxable vs. exempt items. Take it from someone that's been working at various levels of retail and supply chain solutions for the last 20 years.

muditkumar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages muditkumar

Anyone know the discount code for Woots? I used to use "taxsucks" that would take off $5, whats the new code?

muditkumar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages muditkumar
gusvonpooch wrote:4 reviews posted 2-3 years ago would not deter me from buying these shoes. I assume reviewers paid a lot more money than $20 so expected a lot for their money.

drz30066 wrote:GOOD point!

Agree, but if only 1 of 4 is good feedback. that concerns me even though all comments are 2-3 years old.

pewpdawg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pewpdawg
muditkumar wrote:Agree, but if only 1 of 4 is good feedback. that concerns me even though all comments are 2-3 years old.

theyre shoes.

what kind of "improvements" could have been made to the same model# (or whatever shoes are) in those 2-3 years? I suppose absolutely nothing. So while THOSE reviews clearly kept anyone else in 2-3 years from buying on that website, it doesnt detract from the idea these are $20 shoes (even discounted someone has to make money honey) and that the consensus was they wear out too quickly to be of any real use or worth.

donjuevas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages donjuevas
pnaulls wrote:Yay! Unfortunately as a size 6.5 vegan, finding shoes is very difficult. Shoe makers, why do you almost always only go down to size 7?

What does being a vegan have to do with your shoe size?

rarebird47714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rarebird47714

Ya! What does your being a vegan have anything to do with your shoe size?!

donjuevas wrote:What does being a vegan have to do with your shoe size?

MyPooka

quality posts: 16 Private Messages MyPooka
pewpdawg wrote:theyre shoes.

what kind of "improvements" could have been made to the same model# (or whatever shoes are) in those 2-3 years? I suppose absolutely nothing. So while THOSE reviews clearly kept anyone else in 2-3 years from buying on that website, it doesnt detract from the idea these are $20 shoes (even discounted someone has to make money honey) and that the consensus was they wear out too quickly to be of any real use or worth.

So...you've never heard of manufacturers working to improve quality and fix issues as a production run goes on? I have. And generally, that's the way it's done. Fixing issues (like the glues and adhesives used for the soles) is pretty much SOP, and it's cheaper than piling up returns.

Me? I'm in for a pair (of the now sold out coffee color.)

SurplusHP

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SurplusHP

Mine showed up today.

Too small. I would not have bought them in the store.

It is very rare that a size 12 is too small for me, but these are bumping my toes.

Can't wear them. Disappointed.

zerac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zerac
SurplusHP wrote:Mine showed up today.

Too small. I would not have bought them in the store.

It is very rare that a size 12 is too small for me, but these are bumping my toes.

Can't wear them. Disappointed.

Same here, too small. I would need a half a size larger. Too bad, I was really happy with how they looked.

speedyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedyz

Too small as well. I used to sell Hi-Tec and got a 13 knowing that they tended to run a little on the small size. These things are at least a size small if not a size and a half. Definitely not "true to size" as the post says.

cookefam314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookefam314

yup, just tried on my two size 12 pairs, they feel like a size 11. Will Woot exchange these for another size?