zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

Kershaw Tiger Striped Tanto Blur Knife
Price: $34.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jul 28 to Tuesday, Jul 29) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

woncoolone

quality posts: 1177 Private Messages woncoolone

greystone1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greystone1

Is this a BLEM? Kershaw's quality control very commonly sells knives off as BLEM coded, and this price point is right on par with Kershaw BLEM pricing.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
greystone1 wrote:Is this a BLEM?

Hope not, I already jumped on some. The Blur is such a great knife though, I'd probably still be ok with it. Missed the previous black ones.

Yellow5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Yellow5

$109 list price? I think that's a bit high..

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
greystone1 wrote:Is this a BLEM? Kershaw's quality control very commonly sells knives off as BLEM coded, and this price point is right on par with Kershaw BLEM pricing.

this knife is the same price on amazon when shipping is factored in.

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Onion-Tactical-Folding-Knife/dp/B0009VCA1M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406437969&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Kershaw+1670TTSST

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

greystone1 wrote:Is this a BLEM? Kershaw's quality control very commonly sells knives off as BLEM coded, and this price point is right on par with Kershaw BLEM pricing.

I emailed the buyer for confirmation. Check back for an update.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

kevin038

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin038

The blemish ones should have xxxx on the blade and you can't tell from the pics because it would be on the opposite side that is shown.

dchauran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dchauran
luke975 wrote:this knife is the same price on amazon when shipping is factored in.

That is not the same knife, not even the same steel. This steel is an upgrade over the one you linked.

kevin038

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin038

59.99 at Walmart

blankman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blankman

I got my prior tanto blurs (red) at this price on woot. My favorite knife. Not blems on prior purchase, so I don't expect it now. In for 3 as they are awesome gifts.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
dchauran wrote:That is not the same knife, not even the same steel. This steel is an upgrade over the one you linked.

ok well it looks the same. even seems to be the same handle. sorry if it's not

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

Yep, KershawGuy.com is selling this very knife for $39 -- and with no factory warranty.

Do these carry a factory warranty?

msgitlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msgitlin

Post a good deal on a (non-weird-color) Kershaw Leek and I'm in.

Cusuldor

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Cusuldor

I would have jumped on this , but tantos are only good for stabbing..

newylie8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newylie8

I have had this knife for years. It is hand down one of my favorites. The assisted opening is quick and solid and the grip is great as well.

I actually just bought this same knife (solid black rather than the tiger stripe) from Sports Chalet for $80. This is a great deal for a great knife!!!

rocknrollohio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rocknrollohio

Everybody should have a Tiger Striped Knife in there collection

Despare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Despare
Ignace wrote:Yep, KershawGuy.com is selling this very knife for $39 -- and with no factory warranty.

Says limited lifetime from Kershaw in specs...

j647

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j647
Ignace wrote:Yep, KershawGuy.com is selling this very knife for $39 -- and with no factory warranty.

Yes, 3 years on all electric components.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace
Despare wrote:Says limited lifetime from Kershaw in specs...

Thanks!

flopejoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flopejoe

This item cannot be shipped to {my zipcode}. Remove this item from your order. Is that all of stupid NY or just my stupid area of stupid NY?

wiseguy1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wiseguy1
flopejoe wrote:This item cannot be shipped to {my zipcode}. Remove this item from your order. Is that all of stupid NY or just my stupid area of stupid NY?

If "assisted opening" means spring loaded, the knife is illegal in ALL of New York State.

pcaulfie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pcaulfie

This is a terrific knife. Small enough to comfortably ride in your pocket. The speedsafe is the best feature. Very easy to flip the knife open, fast! I bought mine for $60. Blade is still very sharp after a few camping trips and casual use opening boxes and other random things. This is a great deal. Might have to go in for another.

JohnTRN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnTRN
luke975 wrote:this knife is the same price on amazon when shipping is factored in.

Here's the same knife on Amazon, in black, instead of Tiger Striped:

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-BLACK-1670BLK-Cutting-Knife/dp/B004QYVHXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406465105&sr=8-1&keywords=1670TTSST

I'm lost.
I've gone to look for myself.
If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

JohnTRN

wiseguy1 wrote:If "assisted opening" means spring loaded, the knife is illegal in ALL of New York State.

Assisted opening, in this case, is the small thumb 'knob' on the side of the blade, close to the base/hinge. Used to 'assist' one-handed opening of the knife. Not spring loaded.

I'm lost.

JohnTRN

Great blades, by the way

I'm lost.

blaineg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages blaineg
woncoolone wrote:Kershaw Home

No, that's a Kershaw reseller.

Here's the Kershaw site. http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/blur-tanto

blaineg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages blaineg

Just noticed there's no finger flipper on the blade like the Leek, Scallion & Chive; only the thumb studs.

I much prefer the flipper on assisted opening knives. I've got an assisted CRKT that only has thumb studs, and while I've never been bit by it, every time I open it something in the back of my mind says "look out!"

timetravelerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timetravelerd
wootstalkerbot wrote:[Preview 1]

Kershaw Tiger Striped Tanto Blur Knife
Price: $34.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jul 28 to Tuesday, Jul 29) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

I'm not big on Kershaws without flippers. Idk about this one.

timetravelerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timetravelerd
blaineg wrote:Just noticed there's no finger flipper on the blade like the Leek, Scallion & Chive; only the thumb studs.

I much prefer the flipper on assisted opening knives. I've got an assisted CRKT that only has thumb studs, and while I've never been bit by it, every time I open it something in the back of my mind says "look out!"

LOL! JInx.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 31 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Blur is a great knife.
I just hate the Tanto blade, and never use serrated blades.
Good deal if you like this blade, though.

Anyone find out if this is a XXXX knife?

DrifterB2W

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrifterB2W
JohnTRN wrote:Assisted opening, in this case, is the small thumb 'knob' on the side of the blade, close to the base/hinge. Used to 'assist' one-handed opening of the knife. Not spring loaded.

Not true at all. The "Speed Safe" system refers to the stainless steel TORSION BAR that is inside the knife. That is why the the blade flips open with a little push. (I have a pile of Kershaw knives)

azn137

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azn137
flopejoe wrote:This item cannot be shipped to {my zipcode}. Remove this item from your order. Is that all of stupid NY or just my stupid area of stupid NY?

In for one, and I live right in Manhattan, zipcode 10023.

schep999

quality posts: 9 Private Messages schep999

Why do the specs not include size open, size closed, or even a weight?

I need to have an idea of how small it is in my hand, or how big / heavy it is in my pocket. A 3.4 inch blade length ain't cutting it for a spec page.

Yeah, I guess I can research it on other web sites, but if you wanna make an extra sale, you need to give an accurate pitch.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Please read the shipping restrictions on the sales page:

Shipping Restrictions Apply:

Shipping Note: Eligible for shipping to all 50 states. However, due to local New York restrictions, we are unable to ship this product to certain Zip Codes. Please see a list of the restricted Zip Codes here.

harwood26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harwood26

These are definitely solid knives, had mine for years until I broke the tip trying to pry something(ya that was dumb i know)

I purchased mine as a blem and was very pleased with the quality. The only visible defect was a tiny nick near the bottom of the handle. Other than that worked great for many years

bentcue007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bentcue007

Kershaw,,,rather have one of their big brother knives from Zero Tolerance...and if you are not cutting twine or string or rope the serrated edge is a waste of cutting area...plus that portion of the blade is very difficult to sharpen if you do your own sharpening...I just bought the CRKT knife this week from woot and its a great EDC knife.

suebob4001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages suebob4001

will woot do the "speed safe"again?