12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3187 Private Messages lichme

Product Page

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Dyson DC41 All Floors Vacuum - 3 Colors
Price: $229.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Jul 30 to Thursday, Jul 31) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

dallasguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dallasguy

Has anyone else noticed that the woot website pages are all f'd up? It's been this way for a couple of days. Was this intentional? Any fix coming woot?

I've tried both windows explorer and google chrome and both are messed up.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dallasguy wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the woot website pages are all f'd up? It's been this way for a couple of days. Was this intentional? Any fix coming woot?

What exactly are you seeing that's a problem or error?

lichme

quality posts: 3187 Private Messages lichme
dallasguy wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the woot website pages are all f'd up? It's been this way for a couple of days. Was this intentional? Any fix coming woot?

Sometimes at rollover it takes a few minutes for the cache to update. During this time, you might see broken sales pages or discussion links, or links that take you to the wrong page. Normally clears up within a few minutes though.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3914 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this "very good" review over at cnet and TONS of great reviews (4.77 out of 5.0) over at lowes.com

3yDWsfQzqj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3yDWsfQzqj

If you want the 'animal' version of this with the tangle-free tool, it's on sale for $270.

That's the company behind the dyson.usa eBay account.

edgekid87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edgekid87
3yDWsfQzqj wrote:If you want the 'animal' version of this with the tangle-free tool, it's on sale for $270.

thanks a ton!! great find .. much longer warranty period : ) sorry woot : /

thmueller3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thmueller3

I bought this off woot a while back refurbished/reconditioned by factory. Had to make two separate repairs (a tiny wheel under the brush housing fell out (called Dyson, but they sent the wrong part, then jimmied my own fix) and a piece of plastic molding that forms one side of the ball broke (had to pay about $35 to vacuum parts dealer and installed myself)). Other than those repairs, it seems to vacuum well. It sucks so hard you can't use it on bathmats without it getting stuck to the bathmat unless you leave part of the brush off the mat to allow for air to move. I don't run the brush on the hardwoods because I fear it'll scratch them. There's a pet hair attachment that's much smaller (about half the width) than the normal upright brush), which makes it take longer to vaccum/clean large areas, but it is effective with counter rotary brushes. I find the ball noisy (squeaks/rubs when pushed) and clumsy (the vacuum falls over too easily when parked in the upright position).

shortyoh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortyoh

FWIW, the latest buyers guide from a certain consumer magazine has a pretty mediocre rating for the DC41 Animal, especially considering that there were significantly higher rated vacuums at 1/6th the MSRP.

I just picked up one of those higher rated ones this past weekend for $90... and it is (so far) very impressive, especially considering its price point.

Drez143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drez143
shortyoh wrote:FWIW, the latest buyers guide from a certain consumer magazine has a pretty mediocre rating for the DC41 Animal, especially considering that there were significantly higher rated vacuums at 1/6th the MSRP.

I just picked up one of those higher rated ones this past weekend for $90... and it is (so far) very impressive, especially considering its price point.

Can you name of these higher rated vacuums? I have had the DC41 in my Amazon Wish List for well over a year now as I want a full-size Dyson Vacuum and the DC41 foot the bill. I always thought Dyson was considered the best vacuums and was rated as such.

scatpack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scatpack

Its true. They don't rate as high as youd expect.

But the one thing about Dysons. They are built like a tank. I have one thats about 6 years old now. Still runs like a champ. And its built from a stronger plastic so my abuse hasn't killed it yet. And I abuse it.

I can't say the same thing about the Hoover vac I have. Its less than 2 years old and parts keep falling off and snapping on it.

pockets8031

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pockets8031

If your looking for some helpful attachments this might be one set that you might pickup.
http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Full-Cleaning-Kit-918482-01/dp/B00FW6YU1M

FYI have used this vacuum since Christmas it does take a little getting used to especially the suction on it but I would recommend it.

rosedude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosedude

I bought this model on Amazon about a week ago for $5 less but I didn't have a choice of three colors. It works really well so far.

The only difference between the plain DC41 and the Animal version is the Animal comes with the Tangle-Free Turbine attachment. As 3yDwsfqzqj points out you can buy the Animal version for $269 at another site. You can also convert the Woot deal to an Animal Plus by getting the Tangle-Free Turbine separately. For example. Amazon sells something called a Dyson Car Care Kit which comes with the Tangles-Free-Turbine, a flexible crevice tool and a stiff brush attachment for 79.95. That combination is a great deal if you want those attachments.

Bottom line is you can buy the basic machine in your choice of three colors from Woot at a great price and add the attachments you want (if you need them) later. The DC41 has what Dyson rates as 235 airWatts of power. I never heard of this rating before but Dyson rates all of their models with this so you can gauge the suction. The only upright that I saw that was stronger was the DC65, which just came out and probably doesn't have many refurb units available to buy. If you want to wait a year or so I'd go for the DC65 if you can get a refurb under $300, otherwise get this one.

This vacuum has some quirks but it is definitely high tech. The powered brush motor shuts off if it detects that it sucked up something that is snagging it. I like the fact that it doesn't have a power rewind because those always get weak and you can't get the last 6 or 8 feet of the cord inside the machine. You have to unwind the whole cord to take the nozzle off and use it handheld so you might as well unwind the whole cord when you get started so you don't have to unwind it later. The cord is so long you learn to hold it in your hand as you go. Like I said, its a quirk. The good part is it SUCKS REALLY WELL.

The little brush tool that comes with it also picks up very well. What they call a stair tool is just the small hard plastic nozzle you get with every other vacuum you have used. It concentrates the suction on a small area. The beautiful thing is you don't have to use it often because the big floor nozzle SUCKS REALLY WELL.

shortyoh

Drez143 wrote:Can you name of these higher rated vacuums? I have had the DC41 in my Amazon Wish List for well over a year now as I want a full-size Dyson Vacuum and the DC41 foot the bill. I always thought Dyson was considered the best vacuums and was rated as such.

Not really... at least not without running into copyright issues. Do you have a local public library, though? Ours offers online access to all issues for free.

The bigger issue is that they only test certain models, and there are a TON of models out there. Some with similar names perform dramatically differently...

shortyoh

scatpack wrote:Its true. They don't rate as high as youd expect.

But the one thing about Dysons. They are built like a tank. I have one thats about 6 years old now. Still runs like a champ. And its built from a stronger plastic so my abuse hasn't killed it yet. And I abuse it.

I can't say the same thing about the Hoover vac I have. Its less than 2 years old and parts keep falling off and snapping on it.

I actually just replaced a Eureka that was about 13 years old. I still have a 16 year old Hoover that is extremely reliable but also very weak.

But the same magazine review shows very little difference between most brands for reliability. Some models within each make are likely better than others in this regard, of course. Even the feel of the plastic can be misleading - Softer, more pliable plastics may feel cheap but actually might hold up better in the long run. Thick gauge, stiff plastics that are brittle aren't necessarily good...

tbone4eva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbone4eva
shortyoh wrote:Not really... at least not without running into copyright issues. Do you have a local public library, though? Ours offers online access to all issues for free.

The bigger issue is that they only test certain models, and there are a TON of models out there. Some with similar names perform dramatically differently...

Huh? Please show us in copyright law where it says you can't tell us what model of vacuum cleaner you bought for $90 that impressed you. The fact that you read about it in Consumer Reports (or whatever the name of the magazine) doesn't make it top secret or copyrighted. Yes, if you copied and pasted the reviews then that would be a violation, but simply telling us what vacuum you bought based on what you read is not a violation of copyright law and I don't even understand why you couldn't say Consumer Reports (or whatever the name of the magazine) like that's taboo or something.

punkdeviant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkdeviant

I finally did it... The wife talked me into buying a Dyson... on Woot! for shame.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

punkdeviant wrote:I finally did it... The wife talked me into buying a Dyson... on Woot! for shame.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ChronoMATT

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ChronoMATT

Are you kidding? Copyright issues? Your judgement on vacuum cleaner quality and alternative brands to Dyson has now become suspect.

shortyoh wrote:Not really… at least not without running into copyright issues.

ChronoMATT

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ChronoMATT

— DC41 at Woot
Price: Vacuum + tax (CA example) + shipping - $253.00
Additional equipment: None
Warranty: Dyson - 6 months

— DC41 Animal at ABC Vacuum Warehouse
Price: Vacuum + tax + shipping - $269.00
Additional equipment: Turbo Tool
Warranty: Dyson + ABC Warehouse - 3 years

3yDWsfQzqj wrote:If you want the 'animal' version of this with the tangle-free tool, it's on sale for $270.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
shortyoh wrote:Not really... at least not without running into copyright issues. .

Copyright issues?

Sony Panasonic Ford Folgers Haliburton.

Nobody sues for mentioning a name.

Now, if you slap it on something you are selling, that's different.

If you reprint the article on your blog, that's different.

But if you say that "Consumer Reports magazine claim a Hoover is better" (for example) you are not violating anything.

This is not North Korea.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

molly101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molly101

I've been having the same problem. Sometimes, it's because of overwhelming ADs on the page. You should try AdBlocker on Google Chrome. It helps the website run the way it's supposed to.

molly101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molly101

If you're looking for a really good, affordable vacuum, Costco has a great deal on Shark vacuums right now. You can also find them online for about $300, and they include a steamvac.

dallasguy

molly101 wrote:I've been having the same problem. Sometimes, it's because of overwhelming ADs on the page. You should try AdBlocker on Google Chrome. It helps the website run the way it's supposed to.

I don't understand why woot has their own popup ads covering up their own webpage. They did something 2-3 days that messed up their web pages...at least on my computer. I tried one of the chrome extensions called adblock but you have to manually remove each ad...kind of a pita. C'mon, woot fix your own website so it works for everyone.

shortyoh

tbone4eva wrote:Huh? Please show us in copyright law where it says you can't tell us what model of vacuum cleaner you bought for $90 that impressed you. The fact that you read about it in Consumer Reports (or whatever the name of the magazine) doesn't make it top secret or copyrighted. Yes, if you copied and pasted the reviews then that would be a violation, but simply telling us what vacuum you bought based on what you read is not a violation of copyright law and I don't even understand why you couldn't say Consumer Reports (or whatever the name of the magazine) like that's taboo or something.

I can tell you I bought a Eureka Airspeed All Floors. I can also tell you that they didn't rate that exact model. However, taking data from Consumer Reports and republishing it in any form without permission is a violation of their copyright.

shortyoh

radi0j0hn wrote:Copyright issues?

Sony Panasonic Ford Folgers Haliburton.

Nobody sues for mentioning a name.

Now, if you slap it on something you are selling, that's different.

If you reprint the article on your blog, that's different.

But if you say that "Consumer Reports magazine claim a Hoover is better" (for example) you are not violating anything.

This is not North Korea.

If I tell you that their rankings are #1 Hoover Model A, #2 Eureka Model B, #3 Bissel Model C, #4 Shark Model D, etc, I am violating their copyright.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dallasguy wrote:I don't understand why woot has their own popup ads covering up their own webpage. They did something 2-3 days that messed up their web pages...at least on my computer. I tried one of the chrome extensions called adblock but you have to manually remove each ad...kind of a pita. C'mon, woot fix your own website so it works for everyone.

Can you give me more information?

OS
Browser & version

Have you restarted your computer, cleared out temps, cleared cookies for that page, etc.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lexicalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexicalo

I actually ordered one from them on Friday, and found a coupon with a little googling that brought the price down to $230 (no tax, free shipping). I'm relieved I didn't pull the trigger only to have woot beat their price!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
shortyoh wrote:If I tell you that their rankings are #1 Hoover Model A, #2 Eureka Model B, #3 Bissel Model C, #4 Shark Model D, etc, I am violating their copyright.

Interesting point, especially if you directly quoted them. One might argue that you have lifted the results of their testing. Hmmmmmm...

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

dallasguy

dallasguy wrote:I don't understand why woot has their own popup ads covering up their own webpage. They did something 2-3 days that messed up their web pages...at least on my computer. I tried one of the chrome extensions called adblock but you have to manually remove each ad...kind of a pita. C'mon, woot fix your own website so it works for everyone.

Sorry woot, it was my own fault. Somehow in the last few days a program was installed on my computer without my knowledge called "Pastaquotes" which was causing all kinds of advertising dropdowns as well as causing the woot.com site to be all messed up with ads on top of the website text...very weird. Anyway, I deleted pastaquotes from my computer and now woot.com is fine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dallasguy wrote:Sorry woot, it was my own fault. Somehow in the last few days a program was installed on my computer without my knowledge called "Pastaquotes" which was causing all kinds of advertising dropdowns as well as causing the woot.com site to be all messed up with ads on top of the website text...very weird. Anyway, I deleted pastaquotes from my computer and now woot.com is fine.

Glad you figured it out!

FORUM MODERATOR