zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep 4000 Twin Pack
Price: $69.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Aug 04 to Tuesday, Aug 05) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/24/2014 - $79.99 (Woot-off) - 0 comment(s)
7/24/2014 - $79.99 (Woot-off) - 0 comment(s)
7/23/2014 - $79.99 (Woot-off) - 7 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

larabic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages larabic

Anyone actually have one of these? Judging by the two fillings i just had this might be a good idea.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

Belruel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Belruel
larabic wrote:Anyone actually have one of these? Judging by the two fillings i just had this might be a good idea.

I bought a pair of these during a woot off not long ago, and I really love mine so far.

It's easy to use and gets my teeth feeling so much cleaner than my old manual toothbrush.

I can't give an opinion as to whether or not it is better than other electric toothbrushes, it is the only one I have ever had, but I really love it.

It beeps and stops for about a second every 30 seconds during use to let you know it's time to go to the next quadrant, which is really helpful. When I was researching this before buying some people seemed mad about this feature so I was a bit worried. (They made it sound like the toothbrush turned off and you had to turn it back on again, which, nope. It just pauses.) I really like it, it works for me.

It takes a while to charge, but if you charge it once a week (for a day, I usually just plug it in when I brush in the morning and then put it away again the next morning) then you're all set.

I haven't had to buy replacement heads yet, so no idea how easily available/affordable they are.

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

I now have a Braun/Oral-B toothbrush. I used to have a Philips, and liked the action better....but after FIVE MONTHS, the battery failed and Philips told me that batteries were wear items and not covered under warranty.

So take quibbles with a grain of salt....Oral-B's aren't totally worthless six months later.

jonkamp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jonkamp

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the regular Pulsonic brush heads. The battery on mine is going out so I need a replacement but I found alot of replacement brush heads when a store was going out of business. I I still have a ton (20+) left and would want to be able to use those.

da1nonlyakiehl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages da1nonlyakiehl

Yeah thanks woot for letting me pay 10 bucks more during a woot off. A part of me said i should've waited. Good buy nonetheless.

[MOD: See my note below]

slamdunkrookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slamdunkrookie

Specs says :
Voltage: 110-130V, 50-60H / 0.9W

Is this 110-230V 50/60 Hz ? In short compitable with world voltage ? Easier if it does comply when one travels overseas.

Atharaenea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Atharaenea

I bought one when they were here before (not during the woot-off, before that). I like it. It does pause for like half a second every 30 seconds, which I don't find irritating but others might. It does get your teeth super clean, even compared to the normal battery-powered kind.

But if you have sensitive teeth, you need to use these in the sensitive setting. I didn't for the first week, since I figured that a faster speed isn't going to hurt my teeth, but after a week my teeth were hurting again (even with prescription toothpaste), so I started using the sensitive setting, and now they don't hurt.

I also like that it lights up red if you press too hard, since I have a problem with that. Pressing too hard doesn't improve cleaning and wears out your bristles faster, so it's really useful.

The only downside is that both brushes are the same color, so if you have one for each you and your spouse, you're going to have to do something so you don't mix them up. We store ours' in the cases when we're done (you're supposed to remove and dry the brush from the handle after every use to extend its life), so I just used nailpolish to paint a stripe on one of the cases, and a tiny dot on the handle of my brush just in case it's left out of the case.

alokeprasad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alokeprasad

How is this better than the low cost SpinBrush that you can buy anywhere?

Besides a few extras like timers, the basic rotating action of the brush tip and oscillating of the rest of the brush is the same as Spinbrush.

http://www.amazon.com/Spinbrush-Proclean-Battery-Powered-Toothbrush/dp/B001J4ID5K

sho164

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sho164
Atharaenea wrote:I bought one when they were here before (not during the woot-off, before that). I like it. It does pause for like half a second every 30 seconds, which I don't find irritating but others might. It does get your teeth super clean, even compared to the normal battery-powered kind.

But if you have sensitive teeth, you need to use these in the sensitive setting. I didn't for the first week, since I figured that a faster speed isn't going to hurt my teeth, but after a week my teeth were hurting again (even with prescription toothpaste), so I started using the sensitive setting, and now they don't hurt.

I also like that it lights up red if you press too hard, since I have a problem with that. Pressing too hard doesn't improve cleaning and wears out your bristles faster, so it's really useful.

The only downside is that both brushes are the same color, so if you have one for each you and your spouse, you're going to have to do something so you don't mix them up. We store ours' in the cases when we're done (you're supposed to remove and dry the brush from the handle after every use to extend its life), so I just used nailpolish to paint a stripe on one of the cases, and a tiny dot on the handle of my brush just in case it's left out of the case.

The brush pauses to let you know to switch to another location.

efieldsiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages efieldsiii

Is this 2 rechargeable toothbrushes. The description says twin pack but the picture shows one item

[MOD: Yes, you are getting 2.]

sabres431

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sabres431
efieldsiii wrote:Is this 2 rechargeable toothbrushes. The description says twin pack but the picture shows one item

(2) Professional Handles
(2) Deep Sweep Refill Heads
(2) Travel Cases
(2) Charging Stations

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

slamdunkrookie wrote:Specs says :
Voltage: 110-130V, 50-60H / 0.9W

Is this 110-230V 50/60 Hz ? In short compitable with world voltage ? Easier if it does comply when one travels overseas.

Other places have the same voltage note. I did find a reviewer on Costco that said it is not a multi-voltage or world travel charger though.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

efieldsiii wrote:Is this 2 rechargeable toothbrushes. The description says twin pack but the picture shows one item

Yes, you are getting 2:

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

acanarelli

quality posts: 263 Private Messages acanarelli

I bought this twin pack here several months go. I kept one for myself and gave one to my son. We both had the Philips version but his quit, so the Oral-B came just in time. He told me he loved using the Oral-B and I remembered this the next time I had to buy new heads/brushes for my Philips. The price of the new Philips heads (well over $40 for six of them) reminded me to give the Oral-B a chance.

So I did not buy the Philips heads and instead gave the Oral-B a try that evening. Happy I did! It's on a par with the super expensive Philips and I'm very happy with it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Sorry about the pricing thing. Our dratted competitors dropped their price this week so we had to drop ours. Curse competition!

But never fear, the wonderful Home team has your back and you'll be getting $10 back if you bought during the Woot-Off last week.

Happy Friday!

FORUM MODERATOR

woosh6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages woosh6
ThunderThighs wrote:

Hey all. Sorry about the pricing thing. Our dratted competitors dropped their price this week so we had to drop ours. Curse competition!

But never fear, the wonderful Home team has your back and you'll be getting $10 back if you bought during the Woot-Off last week.

Happy Friday!

I saw the deal last night, and was annoyed. I saw your comment, and I'm now happy and not annoyed. Thank you!

Also... I got 1 defective one... I contacted both Woot! and Oral B support. Oral B got back to me first. They said I could send in the defective one, and wouldn't need to send in both in package. However.... Why am I paying shipping to replace an item I JUST bought. It was defective out of box... Oral B wouldn't comment on a hookup of replacement heads for compensation for the lameness. Not saying this is any of woot's fault. Just saying the situation is dumb.

But thanks for the refund!

Accelerator

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Accelerator
ThunderThighs wrote:

Happy Friday!

This is why I'll keep coming back to Woot! You guys really do customer service right! I've had the same outstanding support and service from Amazon.

uallas5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uallas5
larabic wrote:Anyone actually have one of these? Judging by the two fillings i just had this might be a good idea.

Yes, I bought an earlier model YEARS ago and just recently replaced it with this one. From the get go both me and my dentist noticed an improvement in the cleanliness of my teeth AND the condition of my gums (I go for cleanings 4 times a year, better that than gum grafting surgery)

billthegunowner

quality posts: 16 Private Messages billthegunowner

If it was 1 for $35 I'd do it. But I'm single and I don't need two of them.

Bill

murphjm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murphjm
Atharaenea wrote:I bought one when they were here before (not during the woot-off, before that). I like it. It does pause for like half a second every 30 seconds, which I don't find irritating but others might. It does get your teeth super clean, even compared to the normal battery-powered kind.

Do you need to be looking in a mirror to see it light up when you press too hard? I have a tendency to wander around the house while I'm brushing my teeth. Thanks!

HeartSleeve310

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HeartSleeve310

This will replace a vintage Oral B electric from the 1990s... which still works like a charm, but is a bit dated.

joshaw

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joshaw
ThunderThighs wrote:

Happy Friday!

Do we get $20 if we bought 2? :-)

[MOD: You'll get $10 back for each 2-pack you ordered.]

Goodonebales

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goodonebales

Do we need to send a message to the Woot! team to get our $10 off or anything? Or will it just be credited to our account?

[MOD: It will happen automagically in a bit.]

ThunderThighs

Staff

billthegunowner wrote:If it was 1 for $35 I'd do it. But I'm single and I don't need two of them.

Guest Toothbrush!

FORUM MODERATOR

cathy726

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathy726
ThunderThighs wrote:

Happy Friday!

Thanks, Woot. Happy Friday to you too.

rascul22

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rascul22
ThunderThighs wrote:

Happy Friday!

What about those who bought it on a regular Woot on Jun 26? =D?! Too long ago?

[MOD: Yeah. Sorry.]

ellisjm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellisjm
murphjm wrote:Do you need to be looking in a mirror to see it light up when you press too hard? I have a tendency to wander around the house while I'm brushing my teeth. Thanks!

It's very obvious when you press too hard. The red light wraps around the side so it's easy to see with your peripheral vision. More importantly the vibration is audibly different. It goes from a high happy buzz to low growling why are you doing this to yourself, you're making me sad.

rascul22

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rascul22
ellisjm wrote:It's very obvious when you press too hard. The red light wraps around the side so it's easy to see with your peripheral vision. More importantly the vibration is audibly different. It goes from a high happy buzz to low growling why are you doing this to yourself, you're making me sad.

Yes, I adore that feature. Took me no time at all to realize why my toothbrushes don't last long. I apparently brush way too hard. This one yells at me...

mikepelham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikepelham

Unfortunately these are nickel-hydride batteries. I expect newer models are lithium.

cbaty08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbaty08

Hmm... starting today, Costco has a 2 pack of the Philips Sonicare Elite Rechargeable Premium Edition for $79.99...

Anyone have an opinion on how these are?

ephblum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephblum

I have used an Oral-B electric rechargeable for years now. I don't know if it is directly comparable to this model but my current one has an LCD, built in timer, and the pulses every 30 secs to change quadrants. I think the key is really to effectively brush for the full amount of time vs whether one model vibrates 20,000/sec or 40,000/sec or even if you use an electric at all. I even still use a brushing motion with it just because of habit developed as a kid. I will admit that my teeth feel more "polished" with the electric than with a manual brush as I generally use a manual brush when travelling (and dispose of it before coming home).

I actually use the 30 secs pulses to do outside and inside of tops/bottom and not each "quadrant" as they generally recommend. I only brush at bed time and haven't had a cavity in about 20 years. I do rinse with listerine in the morning and evenings as well. I also do not go to the dentist every 6 months as I see no need to go that often. When I do go, the dentist and the hygienist are constantly telling me how clean my teeth look. The replacement brush heads are a bit pricey compared to regular brushes or even the cheaper battery ones, but they last a while.

phildozer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages phildozer

I got these the last time they were offered.

Works like a charm and couldn't be more pleased. One of my best Woot acquisitions.

karstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karstan

Just to add another "YES" to this. I purchased this in the Woot Off a month or so ago and really like it. Dentist told me I'd been brushing too hard with my manual toothbrush and was wearing away my enamel. This toothbrush has a pressure sensor and it flashes a light when I press too hard. Happy teeth!

Edit: Also, thanks for the $10 back Woot! Good to know that the Amazon mentality hasn't completely taken over.

mikepelham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikepelham
cbaty08 wrote:Hmm... starting today, Costco has a 2 pack of the Philips Sonicare Elite Rechargeable Premium Edition for $79.99...

Anyone have an opinion on how these are?

NiMH as well ! you need the flexcare for lithium batteries.

cbaty08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbaty08
mikepelham wrote:NiMH as well ! you need the flexcare for lithium batteries.

Can you explain your statement a little more? I don't follow..

Sounds like you like the Costco deal more?

totalfukinghassle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages totalfukinghassle
ThunderThighs wrote:

Happy Friday!

I bought this great pair of tooth brushes on June 26, 2014.
(Order Number:4918xxxx) Are those of us that paid $79 last month involved in this $10 humanitarian rebate?