zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2" 32GB - White
Price: $379.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Aug 06 to Monday, Aug 11) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

barkwoot

quality posts: 170 Private Messages barkwoot

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lets see it go head-to-head against the LG G Pad over at thefusejoplin.com and engadget collected all sorts of reviews for you

wkstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkstar

When they are under $200.oo I will buy one

Kev50027

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Kev50027

I recently got the 8.4 inch version of this tablet used on Amazon for around $250. The display is truly stunning, it's not AMOLED like the Tab S, but still the colors look good if a bit over saturated and detail is stellar. Brightness is incredible for such a high resolution display as well.

The 8.4 has a different processor that is quicker than the processor in the 12.2, and the 8.4 has less RAM, but I've yet to throw anything at it they it can't handle swiftly. It's far faster than my 2012 Nexus 7, and the screen size suits my needs much better.

Who needs a 12.2" tablet? No clue, but if I were looking for one I'd get this.. in black.

torquedom3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages torquedom3
conanthelibrarian wrote:Lets see it go head-to-head against the LG G Pad over at thefusejoplin.com and engadget collected all sorts of reviews for you

Your review at thefusejopin is for the Samsung Note Pro 10.1 and this is the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2". Why would anyone in their right mind do a comparison of an 8" tablet with a 12.2" tablet?

I own the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 16 GB, and it's fast as lightning with a better screen than the Ipad Air (I own both). I wish I had bought this one for the 32 gig storage and the bigger screen. This is an EXCEPTIONAL tablet at this price.
•Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS
1.9GHz Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processor
32 GB Flash Memory
3 GB RAM
12.2-inch 2560x1600 WQXGA Display
Features Multi Window and an IR blaster for universal remote control capability
Bonus:
$25 Google Play credit, 1 year 50GB Dropbox space for 2 years,
It's a great deal, and one of the best, most powerful tablets available.

Kev50027

torquedom3 wrote:why would anyone in their right mind compare an 8" tablet with a 12.2" tablet?

First of all, it's 8.4", that's a big difference, ask any girl. Also, they're within the same tablet family. Underneath, every tablet within the Tab Pro line is more or less exactly the same. The exterior, styling, features, and software are all the same too, and the displays all share the same resolution and use the same technology.

In other words, I'm offering my opinion about the 8.4 for the same exact reason you're offering your opinion on the 10.1.

thisisntjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thisisntjames
Kev50027 wrote:First of all, it's 8.4", that's a big difference, ask any girl. Also, they're within the same tablet family. Underneath, every tablet within the Tab Pro line is more or less exactly the same. The exterior, styling, features, and software are all the same too, and the displays all share the same resolution and use the same technology. In other words, I'm offering my opinion about the 8.4 for the same exact reason you're offering your opinion on the 10.1.

I've owned both the 8.4 and 12.2 and can confirm that 2560 x 1600 stretched over the former is significantly more impressive. I returned the 12.2 after one day because text and video looked horrible.

colinchout

quality posts: 5 Private Messages colinchout

To make it short , is this the Note 2014 version , anyone ?

thelastredeemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelastredeemer
colinchout wrote:To make it short , is this the Note 2014 version , anyone ?

I think it's own line of tablet but definitely not the Note version.

ott1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ott1
Kev50027 wrote:Who needs a 12.2" tablet? No clue, but if I were looking for one I'd get this.. in black.

12.2" is perfect for reading digital comics where you don't have to zoom all the time on a smaller screen.

nutmeg3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg3
thelastredeemer wrote:I think it's own line of tablet but definitely not the Note version.

The Notes are a different series. I own a 8.4 product. The display is beautiful. Check reviews on Amazon,and Best Buy.

tiadanama1001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiadanama1001

Hey Woot, how about the note version? Care to bring it here for us wooties?

breezyjr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages breezyjr
thisisntjames wrote:I've owned both the 8.4 and 12.2 and can confirm that 2560 x 1600 stretched over the former is significantly more impressive. I returned the 12.2 after one day because text and video looked horrible.

Really?? 2560x1600 looked, "Horrible" on a 12.2" screen??? I find that a bit hard to believe... 2560x1600 on an 8" screen, sounds horrible, at least for text and such... unless it happens to scale well... I've never seen it... Just find it hard to believe the same 2560x1600 resolution I have in my 30" monitor, would look horrible in 12.2"..

kyfeam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyfeam

i own 2 of these.. and having owned 15 different tablets.. these are the last ones i will buy.. 12.2 is awesome for watching videos and the huge battery last forever.. and it accepts 128GB micro SD cards with no issues.. love it love it love it!

mrgargoyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgargoyle
torquedom3 wrote:Bonus:
$25 Google Play credit, 1 year 50GB Dropbox space for 2 years,

Getting Samsung's bonus perks on these "factory reconditioned" units seems to depend on whether the previous owner already redeemed them.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

I'm in the market for a tablet,which do you think is better, today's Woot or the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5?

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

Sweet tablet. I want. Finally down to earth price vs the $700 (?) (New) when launched.

Also nice discount vs what appears to be the latest "New" retail price of $549.

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
breezyjr wrote:Really?? 2560x1600 looked, "Horrible" on a 12.2" screen??? I find that a bit hard to believe... 2560x1600 on an 8" screen, sounds horrible, at least for text and such... unless it happens to scale well... I've never seen it... Just find it hard to believe the same 2560x1600 resolution I have in my 30" monitor, would look horrible in 12.2"..

The same person that wrote 2560x1600 looked "horrible" on a 12.2" screen probably typed it out on a 15.4" screen with a resolution of 1366x768.

Most of the apps/games aren't even configured to run at a 2560x1600 resolution and they are being scaled out. An image that is being enlarged less will always appear sharper than an image that is being enlarged more.

I'm glad that you realize this, other people don't really understand what they are comparing.

justvisitinghere

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justvisitinghere

Bought mine in June (eBay) for same price, only negative is Samsung bloatware & difficulty removing it. Will have to root after warranty expires, little to no modding is avail for this model yet as it is still pretty new. Much prefer standard Android features to software on this, but mine works & looks like a brand new tablet. Good purchase for price.

Kev50027

gusvonpooch wrote:I'm in the market for a tablet,which do you think is better, today's Woot or the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5?

This is a better deal, but the Tab S has an AMOLED display that somehow manages to look even more stunning. I got the Tab S 10.5 for my mother and she loves it, but I think the Tab Pro line has a more premium looking and feeling backing. The faux leather is pretty grippy and looks better than the golf ball like backing on the Tab S line.

As far as I know the internals on both tablets are the same other than the finger print scanner and display on the Tab S.

Even though that Tab S display is the most amazing tablet display I've ever seen (and probably the best one ever made), I'd go with the Tab Pro to save money.

Hope that helps!

gak0090

Kev50027 wrote:

The 8.4 has a different processor that is quicker than the processor in the 12.2, and the 8.4 has less RAM, but I've yet to throw anything at it they it can't handle swiftly.

The 8.4 has a higher clocked Krait processor which is a good processor, but the lower clocked Exynos-5 benchmarks slightly better. http://www.androidbenchmark.net/passmark_chart.html
Here you can see that the Galaxy tab pro 12.2 marginally beats the Galaxy tab pro 8.4 by 185 points.So even though the clock is "quicker" the performance is not.

gak0090

This is actually a well priced tablet toady. I think the form factor of 12.2 is a great offering with a great resolution, processor and battery. I would snatch this up in a second for this price. Although my household is overburdened already by about 4 too many tablets, 3 too many laptops and way too many pc's. Don't take my word for it though, there's all kinds of great reviews all over for this thing.

nutmeg3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg3
gusvonpooch wrote:I'm in the market for a tablet,which do you think is better, today's Woot or the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5?

A new Tab S comes with a 1 year warranty. You have to decide what size tablet to buy.

bonitamike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonitamike

I got the Tab Peo 12.2 new from Costco and I really like it! BUT BEWARE! The specs say it will take a 64gb SD card but it won't. The real maximum capacity is a 32gb SDHC card. I called Samsung support and they told me to "you should not believe the incorrect information in the specifications." Thanks Samsung!
Rumor has it that the problem is with the KitKat (4.4.2) Android operating system, but that OS has been around a while and it hasn't been fixed.

bonitamike

kyfeam wrote:i own 2 of these.. and having owned 15 different tablets.. these are the last ones i will buy.. 12.2 is awesome for watching videos and the huge battery last forever.. and it accepts 128GB micro SD cards with no issues.. love it love it love it!

Really? 128gb? How did you do it? I can't get a 64GB micro SD card to work in mine and I have tried several brands and formats. My Op System is 4.4.2. "Samsung support told me to not believe the incorrect specifications." They told me that the maximum was a 32GB SDHC card.

colinchout

thelastredeemer wrote:I think it's own line of tablet but definitely not the Note version.

Yes , I looked into it and this one is actually a twin of the Note Pro .

The only thing that does not come with this is the stylus pen ,which I really love to use .

I bought the Galaxy Note 10.1 yesterday here for $195 , coulda wait for this one .

colinchout

tiadanama1001 wrote:Hey Woot, how about the note version? Care to bring it here for us wooties?

The Galaxy Note 10.1 was here yesterday for $195 .

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
colinchout wrote:Yes , I looked into it and this one is actually a twin of the Note Pro .

The only thing that does not come with this is the stylus pen ,which I really love to use .

I bought the Galaxy Note 10.1 yesterday here for $197 , coulda wait for this one .

@colinchout, the 'Note' ('regular' or 'Pro') model line (not today's Woot) has the stylus and very importantly, the Wacom variable pressure-sensitive screen.

That functionality is a huge improvement and worth the $100 (retail) price premium if you draw/sketch/design on your tablet. Something a larger tablet like this 12.2 is well suited to vs smaller sizes.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bonitamike wrote:I got the Tab Peo 12.2 new from Costco and I really like it! BUT BEWARE! The specs say it will take a 64gb SD card but it won't. The real maximum capacity is a 32gb SDHC card. I called Samsung support and they told me to "you should not believe the incorrect information in the specifications." Thanks Samsung!
Rumor has it that the problem is with the KitKat (4.4.2) Android operating system, but that OS has been around a while and it hasn't been fixed.

The specs listed in the User Manual: "Your device supports removable microSD or microSDHC
memory cards with maximum capacities of 64 GB
(depending on the memory card manufacturer and type)
"

User Manual

Support Page

bonitamike

ROGETRAY wrote:The specs listed in the User Manual: "Your device supports removable microSD or microSDHC
memory cards with maximum capacities of 64 GB
(depending on the memory card manufacturer and type)
"

User Manual

Support Page

Yes, that's what the User Manual says BUT there is no such thing as a 64GB SDHC card (32GB Maximum.) SDXC cards range from 64GB on up, but won't work. An SDXC (from any manufacturer, including Samsung) seems to work at first until the first "write" within the Tab Pro at which time the card becomes corrupted and everything disappears. I reformatted and put the cards in my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone or my Canon Video camera where they work fine.
As I mentioned, Samsung support had no suggestions and just told me to ignore incorrect information.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
tiadanama1001 wrote:Hey Woot, how about the note version? Care to bring it here for us wooties?

Newegg offers the refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 16GB 10.1" WiFi Android Tablet in White, model no. GT-N8013ZWYXAR, for $177.99 with free shipping via the directions below. That's tied with our expired mention from two days ago and the lowest total price we've seen for a refurb. (It's a current price low for a refurb by $57.) This tablet features a Samsung Exynos 1.4GHz quad-core processor, 10.1" 1280x800 touchscreen display, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, microSD card slot, 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, 1.9-megapixel front camera, 720p video capture, 802.11n wireless, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, and Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean).
View the refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 16GB 10.1" WiFi Android Tablet for $219.99
apply coupon code "PP82TEN" to cut it to $197.99
redeem this $20 mail-in rebate for a final price of $177.99

Cheesewater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cheesewater

Someone please allay my fears about warranty issues.

digitaleagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages digitaleagle
Cheesewater wrote:Someone please allay my fears about warranty issues.

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition which was refurbished a couple of months ago. The first one I got had a bad dent on the top of the tablet. (Like someone had dropped it) I contacted Woot and they agreed to exchange it. The second one I got looked like it was brand new. Most of these tablets are either overstocks or were returned by a consumer with virtually no use on them. They all have been gone over a second time by Samsung. My theory is if you don't have any problems with it in the first 90 days, you are highly unlikely to have a problem with it after that period. Anything can happen, but it is highly unlikely.

If you get one, just make sure it works like a new tablet over the first few days. If it doesnt, (like the battery won't keep a charge), then contact Woot and get it exchanged out.

I wouldn't worry about the 90 day warranty. If you want you can buy an extended warranty, but I think there are so many restrictions with those that they are a waste of money.

I have purchased most of my electronics refurbished and any problem I have had has shown up during the warranty period.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
Kev50027 wrote:This is a better deal, but the Tab S has an AMOLED display that somehow manages to look even more stunning. I got the Tab S 10.5 for my mother and she loves it, but I think the Tab Pro line has a more premium looking and feeling backing. The faux leather is pretty grippy and looks better than the golf ball like backing on the Tab S line.

As far as I know the internals on both tablets are the same other than the finger print scanner and display on the Tab S.

Even though that Tab S display is the most amazing tablet display I've ever seen (and probably the best one ever made), I'd go with the Tab Pro to save money.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the feedback.

starbuck199

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starbuck199

I think the tab s 10.5 is the way to go. I just did a side by side comparison yesterday at best buy and th amoled screen gives much better colors and a much crisper picture. If you can afford the extra cash don't settle get the tab s!

ichief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ichief
gusvonpooch wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

Or wait to the Galaxy Tab in about 3 to 5 months.

Kev50027

ichief wrote:Or wait to the Galaxy Tab in about 3 to 5 months.

You mean Nexus 7/8/10?

Samsung releases new tablets often, so you're right that anyone could just wait, but at this point in time, this is a good deal, and tablets haven't changed much in the past year, so I don't see any major improvements on the horizon.