leelefko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelefko

ARE THERE ANY STAFFERS ON THIS THREAD? I have been buying through woot since 2009 and have over 70 Woot's.

I just received my (supposedly) new MIRAGE OMD-15 TOWER SPEAKERS AND IT DOES NOT APPEAR AS THEY ARE NEW SINCE THE COVER IS MISSING FROM ONE OF THE BOXES

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

leelefko wrote:ARE THERE ANY STAFFERS ON THIS THREAD? I have been buying through woot since 2009 and have over 70 Woot's.

I just received my (supposedly) new MIRAGE OMD-15 TOWER SPEAKERS AND IT DOES NOT APPEAR AS THEY ARE NEW SINCE THE COVER IS MISSING FROM ONE OF THE BOXES

Unfortunately there's not much us mods can do, but if you email into support@woot.com they should be able to assist you there.

jfh919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfh919

I almost bought it at $700. Now I REALLY almost want to buy it but am nervous about:
1)being refurbished
2)the hinge thing

A buyer received in without screws in the hinges?!

Someone who has bought THIS or one of the HP refurbs from last week please tell me about it. Should I pull the trigger?

I looked at it in Best Buy when it was on "sale" for $900 and thought it was the top of the line.

leelefko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelefko
agingdragqueen wrote:Unfortunately there's not much us mods can do, but if you email into support@woot.com they should be able to assist you there.

MY CONFIDENCE IN WOOT IS SERIOUSLY FADING AFTER OVER 5 years OF FAITHFUL BUYING AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.

How is there no contact number? And support page is very lacking

Woody1

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Woody1

Talk to the SQUARE.... AND STOP SHOUTING! Behave like you are a veteran and not a ROOKIE.

leelefko wrote:MY CONFIDENCE IN WOOT IS SERIOUSLY FADING AFTER OVER 5 years OF FAITHFUL BUYING AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.

How is there no contact number? And support page is very lacking

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

wasexton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wasexton

We have two of these in our household. One went back within 60 days for the battery not charging. It was returned and has worked since. The other lasted about 4 months before the fan started making buzzing noises and had to go back.

So, not a good track record. We did read about the hinge issue and have been very careful with that so no problems yet. At this price, it is probably a good deal.

neverlost1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neverlost1
jfh919 wrote:I almost bought it at $700. Now I REALLY almost want to buy it but am nervous about:
1)being refurbished
2)the hinge thing

A buyer received in without screws in the hinges?!

Someone who has bought THIS or one of the HP refurbs from last week please tell me about it. Should I pull the trigger?

I looked at it in Best Buy when it was on "sale" for $900 and thought it was the top of the line.

A co-worker is an avid Wooter(?) who picked this same model up a couple months ago and they haven't had any issues. They said the 17in screen and all-aluminum case (not sure where the screws in plastic comes in) make it big and kind of heavy, so it's less portable than say a chromebook. It's their 'home' laptop that they game on and they said it's blazing fast. I pulled the trigger and ordered mine today.

I've read a couple articles about refurbs generally being safe buys as they've gone through a QA process to ensure they don't come back a second time.

Hope this helps.

russwjohns

quality posts: 16 Private Messages russwjohns

Mac & Appleites love gloss screens. They claim that it makes the image sharper. Some find that to be true especially from an optics standpoint. Just position the screen to avoid reflections.

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple
neverlost1 wrote:A co-worker is an avid Wooter(?) who picked this same model up a couple months ago and they haven't had any issues. They said the 17in screen and all-aluminum case (not sure where the screws in plastic comes in) make it big and kind of heavy, so it's less portable than say a chromebook. It's their 'home' laptop that they game on and they said it's blazing fast. I pulled the trigger and ordered mine today.

I've read a couple articles about refurbs generally being safe buys as they've gone through a QA process to ensure they don't come back a second time.

Hope this helps.

@neverlost1: "all-aluminum case"

Not so. And even if all the parts you touch were aluminum, you'll find it is aluminum-cladding (not solid aluminum) over other materials, including plastic.

That being said, these Envy models feel much more solid than the more plebeian HP models. But still not as solid as higher-end (& more expensive) laptops.

cawamor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cawamor

I took a chance and lost...the laptop arrived (DOA)...

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

cawamor wrote:I took a chance and lost...the laptop arrived (DOA)...

Oh man, that stinks. If you haven't yet, I'd suggest reaching out to HP; these laptops have a 90 day warranty through them.

If you need further assistance, please send your issue and order info to support@woot.com. Let us know how things go.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

cawamor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cawamor
manhandsha wrote:Oh man, that stinks. If you haven't yet, I'd suggest reaching out to HP; these laptops have a 90 day warranty through them.

If you need further assistance, please send your issue and order info to support@woot.com. Let us know how things go.

I've already contacted Woot support. I'll contact HP shortly.