zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Kingston Brass Faucet - Your Choice
Price: $89.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Friday, Aug 22 to Wednesday, Aug 27) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bestsportnascar

Kingston makes great memory.

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bestsportnascar

Good reviews at home depot (slightly different model, conan found the correct one below)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (3.9 out of 5.0) over at homedepot.com

and lets learn all about Kingston Brass and the warranty

woncoolone

quality posts: 782 Private Messages woncoolone

MR_Yeoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MR_Yeoman

I've seen faucets like this before but have always wondered how do you keep the spring part clean? Yeah, yeah, I know buy a second faucet... But really, it seems like it would get covered in grime really easily and be really hard to get into and clean. Can the spring be removed?

lilt209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilt209

Does it not come with a soap dispenser? What happens if my sink has a spot for soap dispenser?

cvcoast

quality posts: 16 Private Messages cvcoast

What are those two little dials or buttons on the head?

squidward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squidward

That sprayer revives bad memories of my teen years as a restaurant dishwasher.

Know way could I face that every morning.

Though, for those without that emotional baggage--this does seem pretty cool.

Rembass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rembass

I bought one of these back in May. I'm very happy with it.

Mikegtp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mikegtp

I bought one of these in the brushed finish from Woot a few months ago. I just installed it about two weeks ago. The quality seems decent. My sink had 3 holes in the center, so I used the plate that came with this faucet. The base plate BARELY covers up the holes. The arm that extends from the main piece to the actual sprayer that you hole, it has a little half circle plastic trim piece. That piece does periodically pop out. Some JB Weld should hold that together. The main shaft also has a little wobble to it, there is an allen key socket, but it won't tighten any further. The finish of the entire faucet is very nice, and the spray function is very very strong. Overall, I am satisfied with it, especially for the price. I have yet to have any leaks. BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS WHEN IT STATES TO PULL THE HEAD OFF AND RUN WATER THROUGH IT FOR A MINUTE! That is important. It will ensure there is no debris in the lines. FYI... Sometimes Lowes has this on sale with a soap dispenser for about $120

BakonWoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BakonWoot
lilt209 wrote:Does it not come with a soap dispenser? What happens if my sink has a spot for soap dispenser?

You could get one of these.

lauriefree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauriefree

According to the Home Depot specs, there is a zero-inch "extension". Does this mean the hose can't be pulled out at all? I noted that the previous poster's Home Depot specs (of a different model) indicated a 28" extension.

tagbiker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tagbiker
cvcoast wrote:What are those two little dials or buttons on the head?

Should be for switching between spray head or stream.

Somebody else asked about keeping the spring clean... I have one of these, the spring has yet to get dirty. The spring part is high enough up that it doesnt get filth on it. We got one for our kitchen so we can wash larger pans (we operate a bakery out of the house on the side) and this thing works quite well. To be honest... i do not have the kingston version. Just my observation of a similar product.

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts

They select between spray and normal flow. All elephant-nose faucets have a selector like that on them. The pictures clearly show the buttons.

EnigmaV8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EnigmaV8
conanthelibrarian wrote:Solid reviews (3.9 out of 5.0) over at homedepot.com

and lets learn all about Kingston Brass and the warranty

I wouldn't say a 3.9 out of 5 is solid. :/

stv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stv8r

hmm...considering a remodel of the kitchen soon...

DrAmbrosius

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DrAmbrosius

Our friend Conan seems at times very willing to attribute, to items or their reviews that one might otherwise call OK or even "good," some higher-levels of accolades? Are we working different sections of the Library?

JLG

bearax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bearax

I purchased one of these from woot last time they came around. Overall it's a decent faucet, delivers water from the tap. Couple of gripes. First is same as others, it's a bit wobbly at the base but seems secure and the plastic clip that holds the sprayer in tightly to the arm, it just falls off. You don't need it though as the arm holds it adequately without it. The two buttons on the sprayer switch between spray and normal. In other faucets that have the sprayer built into the faucet it would automatically switch from spray back to normal when you shut off the water. Not so with this faucet. I mention this because the sprayer setting forces the water out at about 500 psi. While very effective on removing loose grit on dishes or in the sink, it's equally effective at soaking everything within a 2 foot radius of the sprayer. It's also a fantastic way to scare the hell out of people if you leave it on spray, because when they turn on the water a tsunami will soak them from the over spray. If you have poor water pressure this would probably be a god send, but for me it means I am constantly mopping up around the sink unless I am very careful. I have a standard double basin stainless steel sink, it may not be as bad if you have a deeper sink. Only other thing is there isn't as much of an increase in reach even though you can move the head around...it really can only be used to redirect the waters direction and not used to reach other things. I use my previous pull out faucet to fill my coffee pot which is next to the sink, can't really do that easily with this one.

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler

I am tempted by these each time. Wary of the lack of rigidity though. Does that horizontal stabilizer keep the spray head pretty stationary or does this thing dangle limply and shift left/right at the slightest bump?

JoeMarfice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeMarfice
lilt209 wrote:Does it not come with a soap dispenser? What happens if my sink has a spot for soap dispenser?

I've never seen a faucet with a soap dispenser.

And, if your sink has a spot for soap dispenser, put one in it.

chiropsych

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiropsych

Does the base pivot or only from the spring section? ie. if I throw a bowl in the sink to the left, can i just pivot the base and let the water run to fill it up. Hope that makes sense...

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Major brands will send you replacement parts FREE if you call them. We bought a Moen kitchen set which dripped after a few months. Some places online charged for the replacement cartridge (which is easy to replace), but Moen sends them to you free if you call. I had the same experience with a sprayer that failed with another brand.

Consider that when saving money on some deals.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

SalsaShark42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SalsaShark42

Have two of these... After a year, the top button started sticking frequently. No easy way to fix it except to unscrew the head and bang it on the counter. I wouldn't buy this model again...

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

I bought this last time it was on sale, and I really like it. My only complaint is that when the water is on, you can't move the whole thing without some force.

nesiebug

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nesiebug
chiropsych wrote:Does the base pivot or only from the spring section? ie. if I throw a bowl in the sink to the left, can i just pivot the base and let the water run to fill it up. Hope that makes sense...

Yes, you can turn it from side to side. I bought one of these in Brushed metal from WOOT about 7 months ago. I love the way this looks in my kitchen. It's BIG and looks so cool. I have had no problems with the wobble that others have posted, but I have a big, deep porcelain covered double sink and I think if you have a thinner material made sink, it will not fit as well. This faucet is solid and well made. The older model that I got had a different spray head and the buttons to switch between spray type eventually stopped working easily. They were just hard to push. Also the spray head started leaking. I didn't install the faucet myself, so I'm not sure if it was a problem with the installation. I really LOVE this faucet though...so I searched online and found a replacement spray head on eBay for $20 from Wayfair. The new spray head looks just like the one offered here and it works great!! No further problems at all. FYI: Make sure you switch back to stream before you turn the faucet off. Because YES, It will scare the hell out of you if you turn it on and it's on spray. The spray on this thing is POWERFUL! We have crappy water pressure though so it really helps to blast dishes clean.

cerote

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cerote

I assume it's to switch between the regular flow and a sprayer.

yumadil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yumadil

Purchased at last woot-off. OK over all but sprayer is extremely powerful (will get you wet) and the faucet doesnt like to turn. 5/10, would not buy again.

robtltzwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robtltzwoot

I, like many, like the look & function of this and these types of faucets, however, the 10 yr warranty kills the deal for me on this one. American Std, Kohler, Delta and even some HD branded faucets come with LIFETIME and every few years, you will appreciate this free charge when you have to order new cartridges, o-rings, etc parts to stop drips & leaks, as all faucets will, regardless of how good, branded, or well-made they are. My Kohler, Am Std and some HD ones under the Glacier Bay name have been in service for 10, 15, 20 years, look great and function like new because of this free replacement parts life-time warranty, no charge. The last thing I want to do is crawl under the sink and replace a faucet every 10 years, and on MY dime. IMO, at almost $90-bucks, 10yr warranty is not worth it. Had this faucet been about $30-40,even $50, then maybe I'd settle on that 10-yr warranty.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

I would think that's probably a separate item you could get from elsewhere, if it's important. Or else, I guess you'd want to get a cap for the hole.

DangYank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DangYank
bearax wrote:I purchased one of these from woot last time they came around. Overall it's a decent faucet, delivers water from the tap. Couple of gripes. First is same as others, it's a bit wobbly at the base but seems secure and the plastic clip that holds the sprayer in tightly to the arm, it just falls off. You don't need it though as the arm holds it adequately without it. The two buttons on the sprayer switch between spray and normal. In other faucets that have the sprayer built into the faucet it would automatically switch from spray back to normal when you shut off the water. Not so with this faucet. I mention this because the sprayer setting forces the water out at about 500 psi. While very effective on removing loose grit on dishes or in the sink, it's equally effective at soaking everything within a 2 foot radius of the sprayer. It's also a fantastic way to scare the hell out of people if you leave it on spray, because when they turn on the water a tsunami will soak them from the over spray. If you have poor water pressure this would probably be a god send, but for me it means I am constantly mopping up around the sink unless I am very careful. I have a standard double basin stainless steel sink, it may not be as bad if you have a deeper sink. Only other thing is there isn't as much of an increase in reach even though you can move the head around...it really can only be used to redirect the waters direction and not used to reach other things. I use my previous pull out faucet to fill my coffee pot which is next to the sink, can't really do that easily with this one.

Thank you for writing your post; it convinced me to not buy this faucet.

bearax

DangYank wrote:Thank you for writing your post; it convinced me to not buy this faucet.

glad I could be of assistance!

I purchased this because of the "commercial kitchen" styling. It has that aplenty, but if you are expecting commercial kitchen quality for $90 - then look elsewhere. You do end up getting what you pay for and while $90 isn't chump change, it is a budget item in this category.

cabaretsinger

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cabaretsinger

These type of faucets usually fall into the love them or hate them category with very few in between but some of the negative comments I’ve seen elsewhere are so inane that I have trouble believing they are serious. One complaint in particular is that they sent them back because the water pressure was just too high. Oddly, I always thought that the pressure was controlled by that thing on the side (the on/off valve) as with other types of faucets. Go figure.

I think the wobble problem some have mentioned depends a lot on your sink. On thinner gauge, light-weight stainless steel sinks you will get more wobble with any single-hole, high rise/arc faucet. The sink that came with my house was standard, lightweight ss and my first high arc faucet wobbled a bit. I quickly changed that out for a much deeper, heavier gauge sink and the wobble went away. A few years ago I bought a new faucet that’s a different brand but almost identical to the one here and have had no wobble problems. If you have a cast iron/porcelain sink, I would surmise that you would have no problems either.

Note: I didn’t want to use the base plate to cover the extra, now unused holes so I bought some covers from HD. They were mirror finish and my sink is satin so a touch of unidirectional rubbing with a green scrubby made them match perfectly.

bearax

cabaretsinger wrote: water pressure was just too high. Oddly, I always thought that the pressure was controlled by that thing on the side (the on/off valve) as with other types of faucets.

I agree the problem with the wobble is probably my sink not the faucet. However, the pressure issue is actually legitimate. If you have this on normal at full pressure and then switch to spray - you WILL get soaked. It's not a steep learning curve to figure it out - however - the valve control doesn't have a lot of range, it will literally go from a trickle to "fun mode" in a very small increase. And then there is the issue of someone leaving it on spray and you flip the water on and get hosed.

djalliduck

bearax wrote:I agree the problem with the wobble is probably my sink not the faucet. However, the pressure issue is actually legitimate. If you have this on normal at full pressure and then switch to spray - you WILL get soaked. It's not a steep learning curve to figure it out - however - the valve control doesn't have a lot of range, it will literally go from a trickle to "fun mode" in a very small increase. And then there is the issue of someone leaving it on spray and you flip the water on and get hosed.

I've found myself - and the counters, the floor, the dog - soaked if I put the spray mode on and I'm not careful.

djalliduck

eastcobbler wrote:I am tempted by these each time. Wary of the lack of rigidity though. Does that horizontal stabilizer keep the spray head pretty stationary or does this thing dangle limply and shift left/right at the slightest bump?

The top part has tension and it pulls up into the slot, you have to pull down to get it out. If you don't put it in the slot it dangles just above the slot.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

I wouldn't exactly call 3.9 out 5 excellent. If you were scoring a test, 3.9 out of 5 would be a 78%. I always like to score 90% or higher on my tests and on the products I buy.

Bill

fms3182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fms3182

Those are to change the water flow pattern (either shower or jet-like)

plastik892

quality posts: 1 Private Messages plastik892
DrAmbrosius wrote:Our friend Conan seems at times very willing to attribute, to items or their reviews that one might otherwise call OK or even "good," some higher-levels of accolades? Are we working different sections of the Library?

A 3.9, or 4 for those who prefer a round number, is (as they put it) a "solid" rating.