StGermain


quality posts: 1 Private Messages StGermain

So how do you control the temperature? It looks like there's only one knob, and it looks like it goes forward and back, which would seem to be the amount of water flow.

sugarski


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarski
JoeMarfice wrote:I've never seen a faucet with a soap dispenser.

And, if your sink has a spot for soap dispenser, put one in it.



You have it wrong. Faucets like this one at times come with a soap dispenser to place in the hole where the sprayer normally goes. However, this one doesn't come with a soap dispenser so if the plate doesn't cover the sprayer hole you need to purchase a separate soap dispenser or a plug for the hole.

Nate650


quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

According to http://www.kingstonbrass.com/kb_results.asp?s=kingston+brass, this company's faucets are not lead-free.

bearax


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bearax
StGermain wrote:So how do you control the temperature? It looks like there's only one knob, and it looks like it goes forward and back, which would seem to be the amount of water flow.



lever goes back to front for temperature and left to right for flow

askcheese


quality posts: 0 Private Messages askcheese

Does anyone know if there is a way to get this attached to a garden hose attachment?
On my current faucet, I can unscrew the aerator and attach a fitting to hook up to a standard garden hose adapter (for filling a water bed or for a big-pot immersion chiller--etc).

minnemike


quality posts: 2 Private Messages minnemike
MR_Yeoman wrote:I've seen faucets like this before but have always wondered how do you keep the spring part clean? Yeah, yeah, I know buy a second faucet... But really, it seems like it would get covered in grime really easily and be really hard to get into and clean. Can the spring be removed?



We have a cheaper version of the same type of faucet bought off ebay - the spring doesnt get grimy or dirty at all, really. It's high enough and out of the way of the spray nozzle that there isnt an issue in our case.

On a side note - the design is fantastic for cleaning dishes and rinsing stuff with instant ease! Other than that, I really cant comment on quality for this particular one. The cheap one I have has had some other issues with some parts coming loose, but it isnt kingston brass.

findpryan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages findpryan

Oh man i got one of these and i LOVE it. it's super stable even without the cross piece.

Definitely a solid deal.

eastcobbler wrote:I am tempted by these each time. Wary of the lack of rigidity though. Does that horizontal stabilizer keep the spray head pretty stationary or does this thing dangle limply and shift left/right at the slightest bump?



badhabit12


quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

Lots of comments about: I wish it had a SOAP DISPENSER.

Well Soap Dispensers have to be "REFILLED". How is this done.

OPTION #1
you crawl under the sink and unscrew the empty soap container (pain in the butt) at an awkward arm twisting angle. Great if you have a bad back, bad knees etc.

OPTION #2
Pull the dispenser plunger out and use a funnel to fill it from above. Allways seems to overflow as you can not see what your filling.

OPTION #3
They even have a (cheaply made) hose attachment that will replace the fill bottle. You buy a large bottle of dish soap remove the top and slide the feed hose into it. Did I say CHEAPLY MADE", sorry I ment garbage quality.

So after experimenting with everyone of these solutions I know buy a small bottle of detergent / hand wash and set them next to my sink.

life is so much easier now. :-)

IsaacNewton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages IsaacNewton

"What have I got to say for meself?: 1)Can't find the model number, 2)in California, we is not allowed to install faucets containing lead.
That is what I have to say for meself. Help, model #?

andysexton


quality posts: 4 Private Messages andysexton
JoeMarfice wrote:I've never seen a faucet with a soap dispenser.

And, if your sink has a spot for soap dispenser, put one in it.




This one does @ Home Depot.

digger9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages digger9

I bought HD's version of this about 4yrs ago don't remember if it was made by Kingston or not. I installed it, used it for about 15mins, and determined it to be totally unfunctional, the spray head doesn't pull out and the spring only bends about 3in., so forget about using it in the "shower mode"to rinse dirty dishes or spray produce, unless you want to get everything wet within a 2ft radius. Took it out and returned it and replaced it with an American Standard with a real pull out head.
If you want a faucet for looks buy this, but if you want one that is designed properly and actually functions look elsewhere.
There is a reason this shows up on Woot every 2mons. it's because it's a POS.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

Nate650


quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650
IsaacNewton wrote:"What have I got to say for meself?: 1)Can't find the model number, 2)in California, we is not allowed to install faucets containing lead.
That is what I have to say for meself. Help, model #?



Did not know that about the lead law, thanks. For anyone interested:

http://www.buildings.com/article-details/articleid/6842/title/a-new-california-plumbing-law.aspx

looper4u


quality posts: 0 Private Messages looper4u

I ordered one of these and got 2! Can't get anyone to respond to me on how I return one and get credit for it. Frustrated.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

looper4u wrote:I ordered one of these and got 2! Can't get anyone to respond to me on how I return one and get credit for it. Frustrated.


Well, you have 2 different orders for this item. Check STUFF YOU BOUGHT. We don't take returns for things you don't want but you can talk to CS to see what they say.

Please use the support form link at the top of the page.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

larryboy101


quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryboy101

I had to use a couple of adapters from Watts (LFA-124) 3/8 in OD X 1/2 in MIP in order to complete the installation.

airstreamingypsy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages airstreamingypsy
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, you have 2 different orders for this item. Check STUFF YOU BOUGHT. We don't take returns for things you don't want but you can talk to CS to see what they say.

Please use the support form link at the top of the page.



They sent me the wrong faucet, maybe I could buy one of your extras?

western1950


quality posts: 0 Private Messages western1950

Top of my faucet blew out today while I was using it. The whole upper swiveling portion came off and water shot out of the base. Have called Kingston, they sent a pdf assemble print and had me check for a set screw. What was in mine was a pan head screw with the threaded end ground down. It was in all the way so I could not tighten it. Am waiting on a response from Kingston now.

rfkavanagh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfkavanagh
western1950 wrote:Top of my faucet blew out today while I was using it. The whole upper swiveling portion came off and water shot out of the base. Have called Kingston, they sent a pdf assemble print and had me check for a set screw. What was in mine was a pan head screw with the threaded end ground down. It was in all the way so I could not tighten it. Am waiting on a response from Kingston now.



This just happened to me a couple of days ago - I have to contact Kingston now as well. Can't believe that this is a common problem.

western1950


quality posts: 0 Private Messages western1950
rfkavanagh wrote:This just happened to me a couple of days ago - I have to contact Kingston now as well. Can't believe that this is a common problem.




Kingston did nothing after they found out I bought this from Woot. Warranty keeps switching me to service ext 111 whose box is full and no one will answer. Emails, no answer, called Woot, told to call Kingston, I said why they aren't talking to me. Told me to return it for refund. Needs a stainless set screw and plastic strip, 50 cents and an envelope. We like it, I "fixed" it with a regular screw and trimmed some soft plastic to fit. The old woot would have gone to bat for me....

rfkavanagh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfkavanagh
western1950 wrote:Kingston did nothing after they found out I bought this from Woot. Warranty keeps switching me to service ext 111 whose box is full and no one will answer. Emails, no answer, called Woot, told to call Kingston, I said why they aren't talking to me. Told me to return it for refund. Needs a stainless set screw and plastic strip, 50 cents and an envelope. We like it, I "fixed" it with a regular screw and trimmed some soft plastic to fit. The old woot would have gone to bat for me....



Kingston have not replied to me at all or even acknowledged receipt of my e-mail. Thankfully, based on your initial post I was able to "fix" it myself, too (thanks!), but this is still a bad problem to happen consistently and atrocious customer service on behalf of Kingston (whose warranty is supposed to be in effect on these faucets).

While I like the unit overall, who knows how long my own fix will last and if this is going to be a chronic problem (since Kingston sure doesn't seem to want to deal with it). I'd suggest everyone avoid any future deals from this company like the plague in the future.