zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

HP ENVY 15.6" AMD A10 Touchsmart Laptop
Price: $419.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Aug 25 to Thursday, Aug 28) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/8/2014 - $479.99 - 16 comment(s)
7/19/2014 - $479.99 - 37 comment(s)
4/17/2014 - $459.99 - 20 comment(s)

7/25/2014 - $479.99 (Woot Plus)
4/23/2014 - $459.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

jeffiekins

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jeffiekins

Totally decent benchmarks, almost as good as an i5 for less than a new i5 with touchscreen would cost.

That, and the 6Gb of RAM make it quite a good deal. (Everything else about this is pretty much standard for an inexpensive laptop.)

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

mustanggg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mustanggg

Pretty bad touchpad...I have a similar one that I bought a couple weeks ago.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
mustanggg wrote:Pretty bad touchpad...I have a similar one that I bought a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, tried this in the store. It's just okay.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3454 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

OSaltyOne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OSaltyOne

I had been researching a new laptop to replace my dying 3 year old lenovo for a few days now and woot does it again with selling what I want by coincidence. First time I'm the first sucker, and my first post on here. Woot on everyone!

kuodachrome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuodachrome
mustanggg wrote:Pretty bad touchpad...I have a similar one that I bought a couple weeks ago.

Bought one for my wife the last time a similar model was on Woot (12gb ram & higher res screen).

She's a fast typer and complains that the keyboard can't keep up with her. I hear her curse with frustration from time to time though it seems to be getting better. Seems to work okay for me. She also hates the touchpad, has it turned off, and always uses a mouse.

I upgraded the HDD to a Samsung SSD and bootup takes about 11 seconds. Pretty snappy overall. The procedure was painless with the provided Samsung software. It was the first time I've done that on a laptop.

Pretty decent laptop overall.

Bandrik

quality posts: 73 Private Messages Bandrik
OSaltyOne wrote:I had been researching a new laptop to replace my dying 3 year old lenovo for a few days now and woot does it again with selling what I want by coincidence. First time I'm the first sucker, and my first post on here. Woot on everyone!

Welcome to the community side of the wootiverse! As for the laptop, it looks pretty solid spec-wise. I have a similar ENVY model from woot and really like it. Congrats on being the first sucker!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

OSaltyOne wrote:I had been researching a new laptop to replace my dying 3 year old lenovo for a few days now and woot does it again with selling what I want by coincidence. First time I'm the first sucker, and my first post on here. Woot on everyone!

Oooooh, congrats! I hope you'll come back and post more.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

donman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donman77

100 DPI? Yuck.

hackysackpro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hackysackpro

Anyone know how good the battery life is? With actual real-world use, not the factory estimate that's always wrong.

E85B18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages E85B18

I'm content using a mouse... Would it be better to wait for something without a touchscreen? Will I get 'more' computer for the money without it?

seanferd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanferd

What color do you get? Looks like some of the pictures are Silver and some are Black, but there's not a color picker when adding to cart..

*Edit* And what's the return policy since it's a refurb?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

seanferd wrote:What color do you get? Looks like some of the pictures are Silver and some are Black, but there's not a color picker when adding to cart..

*Edit* And what's the return policy since it's a refurb?

It's silver. That black pic is actually a darkened picture (so I'm told) to show off the backlit keyboard.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ambrosni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambrosni

I am trying to figure out if this has the Microsoft Office Starter Pack. Anyone know?

fighterfoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fighterfoo
ambrosni wrote:I am trying to figure out if this has the Microsoft Office Starter Pack. Anyone know?

Windows 8 does not ship with Microsoft Office Starter. Only a trial.

xconfuseddorkx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xconfuseddorkx

do we know whats the spec on the graphics card, i want a 2gb on it but it says up to 3gb memory on the video card, so what does that tell me?

chusteczka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chusteczka
xconfuseddorkx wrote:do we know whats the spec on the graphics card, i want a 2gb on it but it says up to 3gb memory on the video card, so what does that tell me?

It seems that you are thinking of a discrete (separate) video card. This AMD A10 APU combines a CPU with a GPU. Meaning the video processor is integrated with the central processor. Video is not separate.

[Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8610G, up to 3053MB total graphics memory]

This means that up to 3GB of the RAM memory can be reserved for graphics use.

The AMD Elite A10-5745M APU contains the following:
* 4 CPU cores at 2.1 GHz (Turbo 2.9 GHz) with 4mb L2 cache and no L3 cache.
* HD 8610G has 6 GPU cores with 384 Stream Processors.
* Supported memory is: DDR3L-1333
* 25 watt TDP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_accelerated_processing_unit_microprocessors

OSaltyOne

So...my laptop still hasn't shipped. I've already been charged and I've you guys 3 emails with no response. Help me out please

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

OSaltyOne wrote:So...my laptop still hasn't shipped. I've already been charged and I've you guys 3 emails with no response. Help me out please

Sorry you haven't heard anything. I added you to my report for CS this afternoon. Someone should be replying to you soon.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

GinnaSue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GinnaSue

I got the laptop, but, the Windows product key that was installed is probably the one used during the refurb and the key is blocked and I keep getting a pop up asking me to activate Windows. I have already sent an Email asking for a valid product key several days ago and I have not received a response yet. I would like to be able to update to Windows 8.1, but I can't do that without a valid Windows 8 key. Someone please help!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

GinnaSue wrote:I got the laptop, but, the Windows product key that was installed is probably the one used during the refurb and the key is blocked and I keep getting a pop up asking me to activate Windows. I have already sent an Email asking for a valid product key several days ago and I have not received a response yet. I would like to be able to update to Windows 8.1, but I can't do that without a valid Windows 8 key. Someone please help!

Sorry to hear that you have yet to hear back from Woot Member Services.

I'll go ahead and forward your info and post along to Woot Staff to help investigate the issue.

GinnaSue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GinnaSue

Thanks so much!!

OSaltyOne

manhandsha wrote:Sorry you haven't heard anything. I added you to my report for CS this afternoon. Someone should be replying to you soon.

Thank you very much! I got a reply early this morning. Hopefully it'll ship soon.