zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

HP ENVY Intel Core i7, 12GB DDR3 Desktop
Price: $649.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Wednesday, Aug 27 to Monday, Sep 01) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/25/2014 - $649.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

Product Info

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

barkwoot

quality posts: 189 Private Messages barkwoot

debraae

quality posts: 23 Private Messages debraae

unixrab

quality posts: 11 Private Messages unixrab

"Enhanced viewing with the integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics "

Does this integrated graphics allow for a supplemental video card to be added to bypass the integrated one?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ThyZad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ThyZad
unixrab wrote:"Enhanced viewing with the integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics "

Does this integrated graphics allow for a supplemental video card to be added to bypass the integrated one?

you will most likely have to update the PSU, since the PSU in most of these cases has the bare minimum wattage for the components already in there.

effenfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effenfish
unixrab wrote:"Enhanced viewing with the integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics "

yes

jablomih

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jablomih
ThyZad wrote:you will most likely have to update the PSU, since the PSU in most of these cases has the bare minimum wattage for the components already in there.

I have this same basic machine; I've added a GTX750ti to it. Anything more power hungry might need a PSU upgrade.

Correction: this actually has a beefier power supply than mine. Mine is 300W; this claims 460W.

biliabong6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages biliabong6

This is the ENVY series, which usually has a better build quality/PSU. My friend has one and threw a 750Ti into it and can play most games at 1080p high.

It's not a terrible buy, but for a refurb, I would pass. Plus, I just had nightmares with HPs - the 90 day warranty with this is simply not enough. For $30, you can get a brand new one direct from HP - http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-ENVY/G5B62AV?HP-ENVY-700xt-Desktop-PC&jumpid=ba_r329_hhocse&aoid=44661&003=6663635&010=G5B62AV#ABA&ci_sku=G5B62AV#ABA&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

Nice rig as is unless you want to game with it. And the 460 watt power supply should be able to handle a video card without upgrading it.

You'd have to shop pretty carefully to beat this price building it yourself with a legal copy of Windows 7/8. And then you'd have to assemble, configure and troubleshoot.

pixelpusher220

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pixelpusher220
biliabong6 wrote:For $30, you can get a brand new one direct from HP - http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-ENVY/G5B62AV?HP-ENVY-700xt-Desktop-PC&jumpid=ba_r329_hhocse&aoid=44661&003=6663635&010=G5B62AV#ABA&ci_sku=G5B62AV#ABA&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=

Not exactly. The 2TB HD they want an extra $100, the 16 GB SSD is $50 and the 460w PS is another $30. So closer to $200 more for the new shiny warranty.

kheradmand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kheradmand

I have purchased one and it is defective. I have sent 2 emails asking for return with no reply. Anyone knows how long will it take to receive a reply from Woot. Anyone knows a phone # for Woot?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kheradmand wrote:I have purchased one and it is defective. I have sent 2 emails asking for return with no reply. Anyone knows how long will it take to receive a reply from Woot. Anyone knows a phone # for Woot?

Sorry for the late reply.

Usually the turnaround for a response is 24 hours (WMS' normal hours are Monday-Friday).

We also recommend that if you're experiencing problems with your purchase to check with the manufacturer. HP should still cover the warranty on the item you bought: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support.html

If you find they're unable to help, please rewrite into support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be happy to answer any questions you have and help find a resolve.

kheradmand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kheradmand
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply.

Usually the turnaround for a response is 24 hours (WMS' normal hours are Monday-Friday).

We also recommend that if you're experiencing problems with your purchase to check with the manufacturer. HP should still cover the warranty on the item you bought: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support.html

If you find they're unable to help, please rewrite into support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be happy to answer any questions you have and help find a resolve.

We contacted both HP and Microsoft and did get anywhere.