WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Jawbone BIG Jambox Bluetooth Speaker (3 Colors)

Speed to First Woot:
6m 30.007s
First Sucker:
oldpeoples
Last Wooter to Woot:
kjmac
Last Purchase:
3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 29% of Woot.com Woots
Top 14% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 6% of Woot.com Woots
Top 4% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 17% first woot
  • 10% second woot
  • 28% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 23% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 13% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 16% one year old
  • 69% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 96% bought 1
  • 4% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

3%
3%
2%
2%
2%
2%
4%
7%
7%
8%
7%
6%
5%
6%
4%
4%
4%
3%
3%
3%
4%
3%
4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Jawbone BIG Jambox Bluetooth Speaker (3 Colors)
Price: $159.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Wednesday, Aug 27 to Monday, Sep 01) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com and TONS of reviews rounded up for you over at engadget

talhashah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages talhashah

This is a good price for Big JamBox. The sound is amazing, but there is a serious issue with Jambox ownership and it is its non-replaceable battery. You can't change it yourself and Jawbone doesn't provide a replacement service. After the battery dies, it will still function when plugged-in, but what's the point of having a portable Bluetooth speaker if you have to have it plugged in all the time. I ended up returning mine because of this reason.

If you are OK with this one flaw, you will not be disappointed by the sound quality.

JimmyCarlyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimmyCarlyle
talhashah wrote:This is a good price for Big JamBox. The sound is amazing, but there is a serious issue with Jambox ownership and it is its non-replaceable battery. You can't change it yourself and Jawbone doesn't provide a replacement service. After the battery dies, it will still function when plugged-in, but what's the point of having a portable Bluetooth speaker if you have to have it plugged in all the time. I ended up returning mine because of this reason.

If you are OK with this one flaw, you will not be disappointed by the sound quality.

Why can't you change it?! That's messed up...definitely a deal breaker

wwphx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwphx
talhashah wrote:This is a good price for Big JamBox. The sound is amazing, but there is a serious issue with Jambox ownership and it is its non-replaceable battery. You can't change it yourself and Jawbone doesn't provide a replacement service. After the battery dies, it will still function when plugged-in, but what's the point of having a portable Bluetooth speaker if you have to have it plugged in all the time. I ended up returning mine because of this reason.

Is this also true of the smaller ones? I want to buy one but missed out on the last sale.

seamore2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages seamore2001

Answers to various questions on the Jawbone Big Jambox forum
http://forums.jawbone.com/t5/BIG-JAMBOX/Battery-Life-amp-Replacment/td-p/41786
Bottom line (according to Jawbone) is that it'd take 4-5 years of average use for charge/discharge cycles to degrade the battery to 80% capacity. And longer than that before it becomes a table-top speaker.

While it's disappointing that the battery isn't replaceable, this wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

Anyway, got a mini-jambox last time around as a present for a family member, and am still on the fence about whether to get this - still reading reviews about the sound (which so far seem pretty positive).

ithinkblue

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ithinkblue

Please help me out here. I'm thinking about buying two for the kids for Christmas. Per description it has a 90 day WOOT limited warranty. So warranty is up before they even unwrap them, not good if DOA out of the box.
How do I find out additional warranty since it's "factory reconditioned"?

jfranks09

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jfranks09

This have a good sound quality at a great price, i've had 4 different high quality bluetooth speakers for the price you really can't beat this. Much better than the Bose and Klipsch ones. The UE Boom is the best sounding for the type of music i listen to (rock and country).

would love woot to start getting some UE headphones and portable speakers as their top of the line stuff has blown me away.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ithinkblue wrote:Please help me out here. I'm thinking about buying two for the kids for Christmas. Per description it has a 90 day WOOT limited warranty. So warranty is up before they even unwrap them, not good if DOA out of the box.
How do I find out additional warranty since it's "factory reconditioned"?

As with almost all retailers, the warranty starts at purchase although we allow a little leeway for delivery time.

You should open and test ALL electronic devices (and other items) when buying them early for the holidays.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

vulcand3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vulcand3

My brother has one of these. I have heard it and I can say the sound is incredibly good.

timmycat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timmycat

I can't really speak for a factory reconditioned model but I bought one new and have had it for a couple years. Battery life is still great on it and I use it probably more than the average person would.

The biggest compliment I can give it thought is it is durable. I Put it on top of my brothers car before getting in and forgot it was up there. He drove away and when we took a corner it flew off and slammed on the ground and rolled down the street. The two side covers popped off and it has dents all over it but it still works exactly the same as before. Can't do much better than that.

brsdg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brsdg

To me, u can get a bluetooth full sized soundbar for much less.

Example is the Yamaha ATS-1520BL-R soundbar, recently on sale at amazon for $149.. great sound quality.

The battery issue is more interesting. ALL Li-polimer/ion batteries have a life of about 500 charge/discharge cycles.. unless they are LiFe type of batteries, which Jambox does not have.

If u charge and discharge them, you get about 1-2 years of use.. notice how your cell phone battery gets bad after about a year or 2?.. same reason.

Jambone is good product for the small one, etc.. but once you get to bigger size, it dont make sense to spend so much when there are better products out there (ie MUCH better sound) with bluetooth for much less.

kensmiles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kensmiles
brsdg wrote:To me, u can get a bluetooth full sized soundbar for much less.

Example is the Yamaha ATS-1520BL-R soundbar, recently on sale at amazon for $149.. great sound quality.

The battery issue is more interesting. ALL Li-polimer/ion batteries have a life of about 500 charge/discharge cycles.. unless they are LiFe type of batteries, which Jambox does not have.

If u charge and discharge them, you get about 1-2 years of use.. notice how your cell phone battery gets bad after about a year or 2?.. same reason.

Jambone is good product for the small one, etc.. but once you get to bigger size, it dont make sense to spend so much when there are better products out there (ie MUCH better sound) with bluetooth for much less.

The Yamaha soundbar is a different type of product. It runs on AC and has no battery issues. I don't understand why you brought that product up in this thread.

blakwing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blakwing
brsdg wrote:To me, u can get a bluetooth full sized soundbar for much less.

Apples and Oranges I'm afraid.
They have that soundbar, refurb'd, for 179 right now. But that isn't the problem.

I have a set of BT speakers that are dying so I'm considering this.. So.. Who uses wireless BT speakers? I use mine at the picnic table.. by the poolside.. Camping.. Outside washing the cars.. etc.

How would this soundbar be an even remotely suitable replacement item? It's huge for one. It requires AC power. It's a device for the TV or in the home.. And if that's the case my Klipsch reference setup with my Rotel amp is a far better listening option.

So yes.. the Soundbar may sound better.. But it is wholly inadequate in every other category that one would use it.

Eighthnote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eighthnote

Has anyone compared the sound from this to a Bose mini? I've heard a Bose. I've never heard one of these. And as far as the battery issue I'm ok with that. By the time it goes bad they'll be implanting bluetooth speakers in our ear canals.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
Eighthnote wrote:Has anyone compared the sound from this to a Bose mini? I've heard a Bose. I've never heard one of these. And as far as the battery issue I'm ok with that. By the time it goes bad they'll be implanting bluetooth speakers in our ear canals.

I, for one, will welcome our ear canal bluetooth lunch ladies.

brsdg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brsdg
kensmiles wrote:The Yamaha soundbar is a different type of product. It runs on AC and has no battery issues. I don't understand why you brought that product up in this thread.

The Jawbone on Woot is not small at all.. ur not going to carry it around much, if at all.

Once the battery goes on it.. and it will, u have an AC only product.. ergo the same as a soundbar.

Either you should get a very small portable speaker, and Jawbone makes a great little portable one, or get a full sized soundbar.

This Large Jawbone makes all the wrong compromises..it is not very "portable" at all.. and the sound quality will never match even the cheapest full sized soundbar.

Look at the price, for a refurb, it is $159.. quite high for a portable speaker.

I recently bought the AmazonBasics Large Portable Bluetooth Speaker for $64 during a lightning sale.. appears to have similar specs to to Jawbone (in fact, all of these seem to be made in the same factory in China). Good sound, somewhat portable, etc. After having it for awhile, i realize that I ain't taking it with me very much at all.. IT AIN'T SMALL.

but there is huge difference between, $64 (or 80 now not on sale) and $159 for a refurb product.

So undertand that this Woot deal is a good deal for what it is.. a low price.. but the product is not as useful as the small jawbone speakers.

metz123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metz123
brsdg wrote:The Jawbone on Woot is not small at all.. ur not going to carry it around much, if at all.

Once the battery goes on it.. and it will, u have an AC only product.. ergo the same as a soundbar.

Either you should get a very small portable speaker, and Jawbone makes a great little portable one, or get a full sized soundbar.

This Large Jawbone makes all the wrong compromises..it is not very "portable" at all.. and the sound quality will never match even the cheapest full sized soundbar.

Look at the price, for a refurb, it is $159.. quite high for a portable speaker.

I recently bought the AmazonBasics Large Portable Bluetooth Speaker for $64 during a lightning sale.. appears to have similar specs to to Jawbone (in fact, all of these seem to be made in the same factory in China). Good sound, somewhat portable, etc. After having it for awhile, i realize that I ain't taking it with me very much at all.. IT AIN'T SMALL.

but there is huge difference between, $64 (or 80 now not on sale) and $159 for a refurb product.

So undertand that this Woot deal is a good deal for what it is.. a low price.. but the product is not as useful as the small jawbone speakers.

I have a jambox mini and it's great for filling small places with sound. However it's incapable of sending sound for example, across a soccer field for warm up, pump up jams. The big jambox is perfect if you need BIG portable sound. The mini jambox is great for smaller indoor spaces. I'm getting one for big outdoor sound. It is portable for that use (comparing it to a sound bar is like comparing apples to breakfast cereals) and $159 is a really great price for one.

meharbaba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meharbaba

This is my second big jambox. I'm impressed both by the sound and the battery. It lasts days on a single charge. Whilw a bit bulky, it fits fine in my carry-on luggage, so I take it with me wherever I travel. It is definitely loud enough to fill a large room, or an outdoor patio. It is far louder than its smaller companion original jambox. i think it is well-priced as a refurbished product. The list price new is a bit overpriced. When I saw it at this price I had to grab it as a gift.

metz123 wrote:I have a jambox mini and it's great for filling small places with sound. However it's incapable of sending sound for example, across a soccer field for warm up, pump up jams. The big jambox is perfect if you need BIG portable sound. The mini jambox is great for smaller indoor spaces. I'm getting one for big outdoor sound. It is portable for that use (comparing it to a sound bar is like comparing apples to breakfast cereals) and $159 is a really great price for one.

Peaty

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Peaty

I've had the original Jambox for since came out. We use it frequently and for the size the sound is great. I've been tempted to get this larger one for a while now. The original sounds great for it's size but it's not really what I would call loud especially outside where you would need more oomph. I've pulled the trigger on this since the price is not too bad. I realize it's not as portable as the original but over on Amazon they seem to have a number of protective cases specific to the larger one.

I don't see it mentioned yet. The original Jambox is also a pretty decent speaker phone. Anyone have experience they can share with the larger one? I typically stream Pandora from my phone and use the speaker phone feature on occasion.

Peaty

150+ Woots and no signs of stopping...

backtou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backtou

not a bad deal

lauramagner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauramagner

I'm looking for a portable speaker that is loud enough for a gym, band room, or rec room. I'll be teaching a Zumba class after school for teachers. Is this Jambone BIG loud enough?

drein9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drein9
lauramagner wrote:I'm looking for a portable speaker that is loud enough for a gym, band room, or rec room. I'll be teaching a Zumba class after school for teachers. Is this Jambone BIG loud enough?

I had a regular Jambox for use in the truck, which does not have a bluetooth stereo. On slower roads it sounded fine, but was a bit too quiet for interstate. I bought a Big Jambox and it works well for that application.

So, is your rec room louder than a semi traveling at 75 mph while using its horn? Likely not. I think you'll be fine.

megatron057

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megatron057

I bought the white one new as a Christmas gift to myself almost 2 years ago. I use it all the time with my phone or tablet for video and music. I can have the speaker on a different level of the house as the source device with no problem. The quality of music from this small single speaker at this price is phenomenal. Granted, I'm no audiophile, but for the average guy that loves technology and appreciates good sound, this is a win at this price.

alcronk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alcronk

I have the original smaller jam box and recently got a mini. I've heard louder (JBL Flip), but none that hit the same marks for the longevity of a charge, and the sound is very clear. I understand this is a lot louder, but it isn't terribly portable. Tempted, but probably not.

jkirkc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkirkc
alcronk wrote:I have the original smaller jam box and recently got a mini. I've heard louder (JBL Flip), but none that hit the same marks for the longevity of a charge, and the sound is very clear. I understand this is a lot louder, but it isn't terribly portable. Tempted, but probably not.

Bot the jawbone mini new two years ago & the battery is already dead. Good sound but for $200.00 expected longer life life.

thetrailninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thetrailninja

Just wondering if anyone that ordered one of these has their tracking info yet? Its been 5 days now since this sale ended and it seems like normally the item would have shipped by now.

jordam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jordam
thetrailninja wrote:Just wondering if anyone that ordered one of these has their tracking info yet? Its been 5 days now since this sale ended and it seems like normally the item would have shipped by now.

Nope, Kinda peeved that this was recommended to me through Amazon.

I'm a prime member because I like fast shipping, not waiting...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

thetrailninja wrote:Just wondering if anyone that ordered one of these has their tracking info yet? Its been 5 days now since this sale ended and it seems like normally the item would have shipped by now.

Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-8 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that). We ask that you allow a couple more days for your item(s) to ship.

We recommend that if you don't see any tracking updates/activity by tomorrow, to please write into support@woot.com and let them know.

h00ligan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h00ligan

Anyone have a comparison vs the klipsch also on offer?

mschaadt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mschaadt

WHY is shipping this item taking SO LONG?!? It's been "shipping now" for over two days!?! It should say "Shipping Not" Has anyone else had theirs ship yet? I purchased mine Saturday close to midnight and it's not even shipped yet?!? Ridiculous!

ThunderThighs

Staff

mschaadt wrote:WHY is shipping this item taking SO LONG?!? It's been "shipping now" for over two days!?! It should say "Shipping Not" Has anyone else had theirs ship yet? I purchased mine Saturday close to midnight and it's not even shipped yet?!? Ridiculous!

As stated in the sale, this ships out in 3-5 business days. Looks like yours started moving yesterday.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mschaadt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mschaadt

I did contact your CS yesterday morning but haven't heard a thing and there was no phone number to call. My mistake on missing that it takes 3-5 days just to ship out. My other Woot orders never took that long. Guess I was just lucky. I will keep the processing time in mind the next time before ordering. In all fairness I will say that the item just shipped and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow via Fed-ex so that is much appreciated. Thank you.

thetrailninja

Got my ship notice today!

thetrailninja

ROGETRAY wrote:Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-8 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that). We ask that you allow a couple more days for your item(s) to ship.

We recommend that if you don't see any tracking updates/activity by tomorrow, to please write into support@woot.com and let them know.

Thank you, I got my shipping notice today. Mostly I was afraid that my order was going to be lost like what happened to one of my shirt orders.

ThunderThighs

Staff

thetrailninja wrote:Thank you, I got my shipping notice today. Mostly I was afraid that my order was going to be lost like what happened to one of my shirt orders.

YAY!

FORUM MODERATOR

GargoyleA2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GargoyleA2

Just got my Big Jambox delivered today. Unboxed it and was disappointed to see three major dings in the metal cover: two in the corners and one in the front middle. Very noticeable and distracting to look at. That being said, it sounds fine and paired right up with my phone. Speakerphone works, too. I was just so sad to see they didn't fix the cover when it was refurbed.

jcaryparker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcaryparker

I just received my Jawbone today and it was dinged up in 3 places because it was shipped poorly. No bubble wrap, just sent in a box the size of the Jawbone. That kind of decision making is not worth the $5 shipping. I don't have the patience for business conducted in this way.