zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

Luxury 10" Gel Memory Foam Mattress 5-Sizes
Price: $199.99 - 319.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Sep 01 to Thursday, Sep 04) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/13/2014 - $199.99 - 319.9 - 118 comment(s)

7/4/2014 - $199.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3903 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Anyone out there own this? I need to get a new mattress soon for my guest room and interested in hearing more about this.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 66 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

Back when I was a kid we used to sing about these. I think it was something like this: Foam, foam on the range where my dear old auntie Lowe lays.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
conanthelibrarian wrote:Anyone out there own this? I need to get a new mattress soon for my guest room and interested in hearing more about this.

I am not sure what your situation is as to *why* you "need a new mattress soon", BUT if you already own a mattress & it's just seen better days & isn't a comfortable sleep, you might consider a memory foam topper versus a whole mattress for something that isn't getting nightly usage.

We put a gel topper on our bed a number of months back now & although not a real mattress replacement, it's been more than adequate to make our bed comfy again until we are ready to get a whole new set.

We weren't sure if it would be enough, as our mattress is almost 20 yrs old & it wasn't top of the line when we got it, BUT...a 3" foam topper has made a substantial difference. We bought it because I was pregnant,desperate,(too old to be pregnant...again...oops) and could NOT sleep in our bed anymore. LOL I expect this will last us long enough to get our remodeling done before buying a new mattress. We intended to go with a king, but that wouldn't even be possible at present, due to room layout. So after some wall rearranging, we will upgrade & for now, we sleep nice & sound on a topper.

So longggggg story short - I think we could sleep on this for even another year or so no problem - and that is of course, every single night. For a guest bed, I wouldn't think twice about buying a topper & I would expect that to be good for quite some time, depending on how often & how long you have guests staying. I would expect (based on ours) that you could get at least 300-600 sleeps on a topper without any problems.

Just a thought. ;)

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

beck12

beck12 wrote:I am not sure what your situation is as to *why* you "need a new mattress soon", BUT if you already own a mattress & it's just seen better days & isn't a comfortable sleep, you might consider a memory foam topper versus a whole mattress for something that isn't getting nightly usage.

We put a gel topper on our bed a number of months back now & although not a real mattress replacement, it's been more than adequate to make our bed comfy again until we are ready to get a whole new set.

We weren't sure if it would be enough, as our mattress is almost 20 yrs old & it wasn't top of the line when we got it, BUT...a 3" foam topper has made a substantial difference. We bought it because I was pregnant,desperate,(too old to be pregnant...again...oops) and could NOT sleep in our bed anymore. LOL I expect this will last us long enough to get our remodeling done before buying a new mattress. We intended to go with a king, but that wouldn't even be possible at present, due to room layout. So after some wall rearranging, we will upgrade & for now, we sleep nice & sound on a topper.

So longggggg story short - I think we could sleep on this for even another year or so no problem - and that is of course, every single night. For a guest bed, I wouldn't think twice about buying a topper & I would expect that to be good for quite some time, depending on how often & how long you have guests staying. I would expect (based on ours) that you could get at least 300-600 sleeps on a topper without any problems.

Just a thought. ;)

Oh & also - a piece of advice, we used to have an AWESOME guest room pre0kids. I changed it to an office with couch pull out & had a LOT less crashers. So depending on what you WANT - decide how comfy you want accommodations. I liked the pull out. ;) When the room was decked out, we had LOTS of guests & some for much longer than I liked.
:P

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3903 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
beck12 wrote:I am not sure what your situation is as to *why* you "need a new mattress soon", BUT if you already own a mattress & it's just seen better days & isn't a comfortable sleep, you might consider a memory foam topper versus a whole mattress for something that isn't getting nightly usage.

Just a thought. ;)

I tend to sleep in the guest room a lot (long story short, the room stays cooler) and would like to be as comfortable as possible in there. A topper can certainly be an option.

beck12

conanthelibrarian wrote:I tend to sleep in the guest room a lot (long story short, the room stays cooler) and would like to be as comfortable as possible in there. A topper can certainly be an option.

I would certainly consider it - we got ours on here for about 1/3 of what a mattress runs & its' been great. ;)

jrp2689

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrp2689

I have this mattress and it's really comfortable. It's soft without feeling too plushy and firm enough to be supportive. I typically wake up with back pain on normal mattresses and I haven't with this one in the 6ish months that we've had it.

The only downsides have been that the cover snags in the washer and while trying to flip the mattress over, my fingers dug into the foam easily.

tradergeorge

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tradergeorge

I have never had a memory foam full mattress or a topper, but I have had pillows, both with and without the gel foam. I also have a seat cushion (Gel Foam). I find that the pillows get very hot during a night of sleeping. I am constantly flipping them to get the "cool" side...Even at that, I wake up damp with sweat....The set cushion tends to flatten out when you sit on it for a while (normal desk usage)...It takes about 24 hours to "reinflate" to its normal size...My best experience with this kind of stuff has been with the bamboo pillows they sold here recently...

ricehead84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricehead84

Does anyone know if this is the soft, medium, or firm model? I believe this is either the same, or similar to the Slumber Solutions memory foam mattress which comes in soft, medium, or firm.

sngl4vr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sngl4vr

I bought this mattress last time it was offered a couple of months ago. I'm a little disappointed because it's not as soft as I thought it would be. The memory foam topper that I used prior to the mattress purchase was softer.

stevofc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevofc

I've been using the king size for almost a year now. It's great, especially for the price. No sign of wear yet. I will buy again when needed (as long as woot keeps selling. :P)

mike516

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mike516

Will buy one for my daughter..

cousineaud

quality posts: 48 Private Messages cousineaud

Hi Everyone,

I am with the manufacturer and will be able to answer any questions you have.

snackwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snackwell
cousineaud wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thanks for jumping in.

Biggest question I have is about the smell. I hear that these compressed mattresses really have a persistent odor, which would drive my wife crazy. I guess that's more of a question for other people who've bought them.

Second one which is maybe more appropriate for the vendor rep - how can you make these so cheap? When Tempurpedic is crazy expensive and even off-brand memory foam is over $1000.

ksp72

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksp72

Got 1 for my sons room last time. These are terrific and the price is right too. In for two more.

sleepyheadkc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sleepyheadkc
jrp2689 wrote:The only downsides have been that the cover snags in the washer and while trying to flip the mattress over, my fingers dug into the foam easily.

Were you flipping it while trying to rotate it? My understanding is that you shouldn't rotate these, especially since the bottom layer is different from the top.

bek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bek
cousineaud wrote:Hi Everyone,

How does this compare to a Tempurpedic? My Tempurpedic is just over 10 years old, and although I love it, the areas where my wife and I sleep have sunk in, and needs replacement.

JPH37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JPH37
conanthelibrarian wrote:Anyone out there own this? I need to get a new mattress soon for my guest room and interested in hearing more about this.

I opted for the 14" one on overstock and used discover to get 5% cash back and a 10% overstock coupon so it really brought the price down. I had been sleeping on a firm conventional mattress and it hurts my wife's back and hips so we decided the next mattress that we got needed to be a medium mattress. Needless to say the one we got is a medium firmness and it is WAY softer than our old mattress, both of us think we could have gone with a firm and been happy but the medium is comfortable. It took a few days to get use to it but after 3-4 nights both of us are sleeping good and its more comfortable than the old mattress. If I had it to do over again I would buy it again and I would recommend it to anyone.

Suck it Trebek

ais5004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ais5004

I bought one of these last time and still haven't heard back from the manufacturer, who doesn't give their name so I am wondering how the warranty can be honored. This is the link from the discussion thread. I am 6'1 and around 240 so maybe this 12 inch works for lighter people but I sink like a stone in this thing. With delayed shipping and the supposed 3 day period it takes for the mattress to firm up you really don't have much time to judge whether this is a good mattress for you or not as woot's return policy is 15 days from sale. Also, consider the mattress comes vacuum sealed and you will have to figure out a way to send it back if you are lucky enough to get an approved return from woot. Cousineaud still waiting on a pm response...

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5792349&ref=cnt_odet_jtd

VetteLT193

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193

We got the 12 inch version last November.

If you are picky about a mattress then my advice is don't buy one online.

If you aren't too picky then this mattress really can't be beat for value. It's different than a normal mattress in that there isn't really any bounce back. The smell wasn't bad at all. We immediately bagged it in a zip up mattress protector as well (after it 'inflated')

We weren't really sure on this thing when we first tried it because it's so much different than a normal mattress. What sold us is the fact we both sleep better.

Zignus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zignus

I also am curious about the plush vs. firm rating of this mattress. I have been having a terrible time finding a mattress that feels plush yet provides support. Most of what I am finding is too firm for my liking.

frankieyancey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frankieyancey

I bought the 12" last time it was on sale. First if you have any issues you can only contact Woot via email and be sure to check your "junk mail" for a response. It's usually within 24 hours. We ordered 2 Twins and 1 Queen and got 2 Twins and a Full. Thankfully the return went smoothly but they were out of Queens so don't give away/promise your old set until things are final. I tend to have back problems and weigh over 200lbs and I've had no issues sleeping on the Twin. I am EXTREMELY sensitive to smell and one arrived with a smell and one without. The smell dissipated within 2 days. Additionally, we left ours in the sealed/compressed state about 3 months and they unfolded beautifully. Foam is not an innerspring mattress so these are not great for sitting on the bed to say put on socks etc. Finally, I purchased 2 Spa Sensations Steel Smart Bases from Walmart (lowest price) to put these on and they actually sleep really well.

vmforrest

quality posts: 9 Private Messages vmforrest

LOVE mine....I believe I ordered the 12" one last November. It does sleep on the WARM side...I typically wake up with only the sheet as a surviving cover. And I had to switch pillows to sleep on it. (ended up cutting up my full size topper for one of the kids' beds and cut up the remnants of that to "make" pillows...) Super comfy bed though

ais5004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ais5004

I don't consider myself to be picky about mattresses. I have traveled for work for a few years and slept on dozens of hotel beds. I had no problems with my college dorm twin xl, or the sealy pillow top I was replacing with this mattress. My point about the last sale is that the mattress was being sold as firm-mid-firm and I sink into it to the point that it was giving me back problems. This is my first memory foam that I have owned. But I have slept on many of them as I know Hilton Hotels use them. I feel the mattress was misrepresented, and just wanted to give potential buyers some info on my experience with this manufacturer and their products.

rljablon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rljablon

I bought a queen-sized one when Woot sold them in March and like it.

The smell wasn't terrible when I pulled the mattress out of the bag, and I don't recall being bothered by it at all. Granted, it sat for a week before I put it on a bed, so maybe that amount of time was enough to let it air out.

I have it on a platform bed that has a platform of plywood instead of slats. I have noticed no dipping or indentations. My cat walks around the mattress, and I usually don't know until she climbs onto my legs.

I haven't noticed any heat issues. The mattress is in the case it comes with, a vinyl/plastic mattress protector, and a mattress pad.

Cons: (1) It is pretty heavy, which makes making the bed difficult. (2) It is pretty heavy, which made bringing the mattress from my car into my apartment, and then dragging it around the apartment to the room where it could be aired out, a little embarrassing. (3) I think I'd prefer a deeper mattress. I didn't have a good gauge of what 10" would be like in the frame of the platform, so this is on me.

I recommended the mattress to family members who are considering bed "upgrades."

readydave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages readydave

I purchased the 12" version of this (http://www.woot.com/offers/luxury-gel-12-memory-foam-mattress-1) back in May and only just opened it about a month ago after the remodel of my master bedroom was complete.

I would classify mine as a medium to medium-firm. You sink in a little, but I feel very supported on it and if I go to bed with aches in my back, shoulder, etc, I usually do not wake up with them. I've been sleeping a lot better since using this for a month now. Also, for those of you wondering, you don't sink in too much during love-making. It sinks in to a point, but then you are fully supported. I am enjoying that more too on this particular bed. I got the king version.

Oh, and mine is on a platform bed with slats. When my other half moves around on the bed while we are asleep, I don't feel it too much.

ME!

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ME!

Can anyone describe exactly how this thing ships? Is it like, super compacted into a spiral or ball? Shipping weight? USPS UPS FedEx? Just wondering. Thanks in advance!

readydave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages readydave
ME! wrote:Can anyone describe exactly how this thing ships? Is it like, super compacted into a spiral or ball? Shipping weight? USPS UPS FedEx? Just wondering. Thanks in advance!

My king arrived (via UPS) vacuum packed in a few layers of plastic, like a giant 3' tall barrel. It was heavy, though I don't remember the weight. Maybe around 50 lbs. When you open it, it quickly expands, but give it 48-72 hours to fully gain shape. There's also a weird smell to it at first that goes away.

ME!

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ME!

Perfect thank you! That's exactly what I was wondering! Much appreciated!

readydave wrote:My king arrived (via UPS) vacuum packed in a few layers of plastic, like a giant 3' tall barrel. It was heavy, though I don't remember the weight. Maybe around 50 lbs. When you open it, it quickly expands, but give it 48-72 hours to fully gain shape. There's also a weird smell to it at first that goes away.

confusedemmy

quality posts: 24 Private Messages confusedemmy
rljablon wrote:I bought a queen-sized one when Woot sold them in March and like it.

The smell wasn't terrible when I pulled the mattress out of the bag, and I don't recall being bothered by it at all. Granted, it sat for a week before I put it on a bed, so maybe that amount of time was enough to let it air out.

I have it on a platform bed that has a platform of plywood instead of slats. I have noticed no dipping or indentations. My cat walks around the mattress, and I usually don't know until she climbs onto my legs.

I haven't noticed any heat issues. The mattress is in the case it comes with, a vinyl/plastic mattress protector, and a mattress pad.

Cons: (1) It is pretty heavy, which makes making the bed difficult. (2) It is pretty heavy, which made bringing the mattress from my car into my apartment, and then dragging it around the apartment to the room where it could be aired out, a little embarrassing. (3) I think I'd prefer a deeper mattress. I didn't have a good gauge of what 10" would be like in the frame of the platform, so this is on me.

I recommended the mattress to family members who are considering bed "upgrades."

Pretty much a big ditto for my review, except:

I bought a queen 12" in May; it is a bit firmer, I think.

We were replacing a 15-year-old super-expensive latex mattress (that had a big old hole in the middle so buying a topper would not fix the problem). The latex mattress came with a very nice platform that was ideal for this foam/gel mattress.

Big ditto on feeling the cats hop up on the bed!!

We have a Temperpedic in a guest room, I guess at this point it is maybe 4 or 5 years old. This gel/foam mattress feels a little different in that it gives a bit more at first approach. The support is hidden under the foam.

My lower back issues have improved noticeably over the summer, but my husband's rotator cuff issues still arise if he sleeps on his "bad" side.

cousineaud

ricehead84 wrote:Does anyone know if this is the soft, medium, or firm model? I believe this is either the same, or similar to the Slumber Solutions memory foam mattress which comes in soft, medium, or firm.

We would consider this to be medium.

cousineaud

sleepyheadkc wrote:Were you flipping it while trying to rotate it? My understanding is that you shouldn't rotate these, especially since the bottom layer is different from the top.

You do not need to flip these mattresses. You want to be sleeping on the side with the Gel foam.

mattfeldls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mattfeldls

What is the density and type of foam of each layer? What is the warranty? Shows 15 year Woot warranty. None from the manufacturer? Is Woot going to replace/refund this mattress if the foam shows degradation or has "sink holes" in a year?

wtfjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wtfjr

WHATS THE WEIGHT FOR THE VARIOUS SIZES ?
Where can we find this info ?

Thanks !!
Bill in FL

molesworth34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molesworth34

Bought one offered on Woot in December. It's firm but has enough give to sleep well. My wife found it a little too firm so her side had a mattress pad on it. No regrets.

cousineaud

mattfeldls wrote:What is the density and type of foam of each layer? What is the warranty? Shows 15 year Woot warranty. None from the manufacturer? Is Woot going to replace/refund this mattress if the foam shows degradation or has "sink holes" in a year?

2" Gel Memory foam - 3.2#
2" Memory foam - 3 #
6" Base foam - 1.8#

Yes, there is a 15 yr warranty on the mattress for defects.

UPDATE:

2" Gel Memory foam - 4#
2" Memory foam - 3 #
6" Base foam - 1.8#

jrp2689

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrp2689
sleepyheadkc wrote:Were you flipping it while trying to rotate it? My understanding is that you shouldn't rotate these, especially since the bottom layer is different from the top.

We're moving, I was flipping it over to stand it up and take down the rails. it does have a different layer at the top versus the bottom.