Business Class Desktops & Laptops

Let's get down to business [puts on the new Business album, dancing ensues]

dubdope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dubdope

okay - can someone explain why the price differences between the:

Dell Latitude 15.6" i5 256GB SSD - 8GB memory laptop - $659.99

Dell Latitude 14" 256GB SSD - 8GB memory Ultrabook - $749.99

Dell Latitude 14" 128GB SSD - 4GB memory Ultrabook - $749.99

I do see the specs, but they're not much different than each other. Why would a 256GB SSD be the same price as the 128GB SSD?

Why the one with a larger screen be $100 cheaper?

All of their CPU's are the same. Their memory, 2 are the same at 8GB and the other has 4GB.

BakonWoot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BakonWoot
dubdope wrote:okay - can someone explain why the price differences between the:

Dell Latitude 15.6" i5 256GB SSD - 8GB memory laptop - $659.99

Dell Latitude 14" 256GB SSD - 8GB memory Ultrabook - $749.99

Dell Latitude 14" 128GB SSD - 4GB memory Ultrabook - $749.99

I do see the specs, but they're not much different than each other. Why would a 256GB SSD be the same price as the 128GB SSD?

Why the one with a larger screen be $100 cheaper?

All of their CPU's are the same. Their memory, 2 are the same at 8GB and the other has 4GB.

The Latitude E7440 ultrabook with the smaller 128GB solid-state hard drive (SSD) has a full HD 1920X1080 resolution screen, while the E7440 with the larger 256GB SSD only has a 1366X768 resolution screen. There may be other difference, but I think those are the big ones

The Latitude E5540 is not in the ultrabook class, so it has a CD/DVD drive and is heavier. It too has the lower resolution screen. Also, there is only a 1 year warranty from Dell with this one, while the two E7440 ultrabooks have a 3-year Dell warranty.

dubdope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dubdope
BakonWoot wrote:The Latitude E7440 ultrabook with the smaller 128GB solid-state hard drive (SSD) has a full HD 1920X1080 resolution screen, while the E7440 with the larger 256GB SSD only has a 1366X768 resolution screen. There may be other difference, but I think those are the big ones

The Latitude E5540 is not in the ultrabook class, so it has a CD/DVD drive and is heavier. It too has the lower resolution screen. Also, there is only a 1 year warranty from Dell with this one, while the two E7440 ultrabooks have a 3-year Dell warranty.

thanks!

Thinkerer

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Thinkerer

These are Business Class? But what about my engineering classes and English and stuff?

I'll see myself out...

stickywicket21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stickywicket21

Can anyone provide me their experience with the ThinkPad Tablet 2?

I have been looking at tablets for only a few weeks now... looking for one I can use in school (needs to have Microsoft Office functionality, pdf, etc). It would be nice to have an external keyboard also.

I currently have an iPhone and Macbook Pro, but would like to avoid going the iPad route unless it absolutely blows the competition out of the water. If
I have purchased microsoft office on my Macbook, will the licsense transfer to either an ipad or this lenovo?

Thanks!

Edit: just found this, "Office Home & Student 2013
As of 06/13, select Windows 8 models* will include a full version of Office Home & Student 2013. Do more with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote preloaded on your PC. No additional purchase required.
*Excludes Windows 8 Pro models." Since this model is Pro, I will have to figure out if the version I purchased for Mac will get me anywehere.

tdanbrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdanbrown

Warranty help -

I purchased the 8gb 256gb Latitude 7440, it's listed with a 3yr Dell Warranty.

When I looked up the service tag through Dell (and even called them) it's listed with no warranty information.

Additionally, in the package is a sticker with a different service tag with a 6/2014 date, so I looked that up, but it's listed as a Dell Dimension desktop from 2003!

What's the key figuring out the warranty, how do I find and activate it?

Thanks.