Bottom 36% of Woot.com Woots
Top 32% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 5% of Woot.com Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

Quality posts:

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Uniden 5.8GHz Digital Cordless Phone with 3 Handsets & Answering System
$69.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Uniden 5.8GHz Phone w/3 Handsets & Answering System TRU8885-3

coolchris160

quality posts: 61 Private Messages coolchris160

$117.59 on Froogle

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TRU8885-3&hl=en&btnG=Search+Froogle&lmode=online&scoring=p

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Useful linkage galore...

BizRate has some starting at $120... all refurbs.

Shopzilla's start at $120 also... also refurbs AND they have a listing for a new one, but that's like $180 or so.

Pricegrabbers start at $120, but they're page comes up with whack listings.

The version of this product with 2 handsets got 3/5 Stars on Amazon

... basically, if you want a fixed up uniden cordless phone, this is definitely the one to get... You'll find nothing close to this on any of the other sites.

side note: quick question... i'm gonna buy a new tv... should i get this one... or that one... i have no clue which is better, or if it even matters... but we have some money from wedding gifts and wanna get a good one. anyone who might have helpful hints, please PM me... no need to clog the board with comments on TVs... thanks.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

iifeisgoodii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iifeisgoodii

good woot, already have the exact set already, payed about 110 at bjs actually

pillburt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pillburt

Nice, my co-worker has one and says it has blue tooth!

fuzzymemory

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzymemory

Good system, good range. But I'm a mobile phone kinda techie so no need for a land-line phone anymore.

myleskelvin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myleskelvin

I have one of these and paid $200 for it 2 years ago. Works well and I like it.

Not sure what they go for now elsewhere. No problems at all for me.

MK

Galvatron96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Galvatron96

At radio shack (where i work) we have a set of these for 129.99 but it only comes with two handsets, a third is 40 $ more, so its 169.99 at the shack, good deal woot! and its a refurb (rox0rz!)!

WaHa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WaHa

My neighbor has these. They are great. Clear voice, easy to use and if you misplace one there is always two more! Wish I hadn't just bought a new set of cheaper ones.

troller11

quality posts: 7 Private Messages troller11

Darn it anyhow. I just bought a camoflaged phone that quacks, growls, hoots, and honks.....and for the the same money I could have gotten lotsa refurbished phones that just RING !!!

I think I'll stick with my camo phone. The coyote HOWLING ring tone is a trip!

jackhampton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackhampton

Some additional pricing links...
SecretPrices ... $119 (before shipping / refurbished) from several stores
PriceGrabber ... $119 (refurbished / before shipping)
NexTag ... $119 (same)

tmmurphy

quality posts: 11 Private Messages tmmurphy

Well... Woot has done it to me finally: Something I just bought (2 months ago) for more...but got less.
This exact phone, but with only 1 additional handset, and I paid just about this price. Works well...and additional handsets are around $30...
So this seems a good deal.
At the time I looked for feedback on these, many writers talked of the very clear audio.
Now...I hear the phone as sounding a little overmodulated (some distortion) when I'm calling home and my wife is on this phone, but there are no issues of interferance. The outgoing sound and recorded audio quality on the answerer are very good... my previous digital answerer made it hard to pick out the phone numbers people were leaving in messages.
All in all, a good deal.

CircuitBrkr
X13

juzme777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juzme777

Hmmm....wall-mountable?

cpaliga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpaliga

Could someone please clarify what 'refurbished' means in practice?

myscr3enname

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myscr3enname

"well game a little.. not more then 4-5 hours on the clock at one time"

haahha great podcast!

"duck out to where they have water slides"

Bernardmarx138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bernardmarx138

I think its a good woot but I dont have a land line, nor do I have a condo large enough to merit 3 phones...even I am not that lazy

azninside

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azninside

good deal....I just bought the 2.4GHz 4 pack for 80

FatherStorm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FatherStorm

Bought the 8880 2-handset one about a year and a half ago at Sam's Club for $149.... Like it enough Getting this one. Will upgrade the base unit and just have 5 handsets..

Galvatron96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Galvatron96

ROFL on the wootcast, they keep getting better and better

Hubba Hubba

KidOtaku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KidOtaku

Messege to Woot: Take the mini cameras down out of my office, please!

My logitech mouse dies...you offer me more mice! (got 3)

I have to climb in/under/around oversized desk to reconnect, you offer mobile connectivity! (missed it didn't "get it" in time to realize it would compensate for the desktop computer that "lost" its speakers.

When my office telephone system was fried in a lightning storm last week, I bought a new motorola cordless 5.8 system (not refurb (rox0rz!)) and its such craaaaap that, even with the volume maxed out, most conversations include the phrase, "What did you say? I couldn't hear you!'

Wooted 2 of these: one for office, one for the house
(too afraid of Nextel to go totally landline free!)

EDIT: Not to self: Do not type long posts in the dark! (typos corrected elsewhere)

darienk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darienk

I've got this base station and three more handsets positioned around my home. Bought them new for more than twice this price back in February. They are excellent in every way -- full of features, clear sound, long battery life, nice range, easy to hold.

If I didn't already have the four units, I'd pick up more. I'm definitely making some phone calls (or IMs) tonight to inform friends and family about this woot.

sierra513

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sierra513

Will these work with VOIP?

dxfanatic69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dxfanatic69

hmm...nice woot...but I think I'll pass.
At Target there is a Uniden 5.8GHz phone package w/4 handsets and not refurbished for only $77. Guess I'm off to Target tomorrow.
Nite wooters.

...woot! - sending me into credit card debt for over two years now...still goin' strong.

Calesta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calesta

We use these exact same phones at work, and they're very good. 5.8GHz digital spread spectrum. The two handset model goes for well over $100 new at the local Wally World, so three handsets for $75 shipped looks like a pretty good deal to me!

catmomma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catmomma

great timing! One of my cordless phones got doused with a margarita a few weeks ago and I am sick of running around the house looking for the ONE phone that is left in my original set. woot!

Aflaedge

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Aflaedge

Land line phones are cool and all when the power is out, the cell towers are being chewed up by mothra, and you have one of those old cord jobs... but come on who is woot's target audience here?

Bluetooth cell phone headset FTW!

Wines this wooter has wooted
  • Vino Noceto Sangiovese & Zin 3+1 (QTY 1)
  • Sierra Club Chardonnay Quartet (QTY 1)
  • Parker Station Critter Quartet (QTY 1)
  • Jepson Winery Mendocino Mix (QTY 1)
  • Vina Robles Quartet (QTY 1)
  • Wine 0' Elvis (QTY 1)
  • SakeOne Sake Quartet (QTY 1)
  • Woot Cellars Humbug Crate w/shirt (QTY 1)
  • Mandolina Woot-off 4 Pack (QTY 1)
  • SakeOne Sake Sampler Trio (QTY 1)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

A couple questions for those of you that have these....

Do you think it will work in a 2 story house?

How does the intercom work? Right now I have to yell upstairs to my 15yr old son who likes to close his door. Can I buzz him with this?

Thanks!

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tonyord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyord

we have this and it works fine. Only tthing is my kids like to hide the sets in the sofas, bathroom under the bed. You can only push the button to find the primary hand set.

nodoughballin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nodoughballin

THIS IS A MUST READ!

I found a review that just may keep me from buying these...
I'm already turned off on the fact they are refurbished...
But I am a BIG fan of Uniden phones, I have a 2.4Ghz 3-handset system now and love them, but they don't play nice with my wireless G...
If there is any truth to this statement, I could NOT use these...

"After doing some research, which I usually do before I buy anything except in this case,
I found out that this phone doesn't like DSL filters and that you have to unplug the power to the base and plug it back in for the phone to work again."

Source

honeynugg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honeynugg

I also have something similar to this already, with bluetooth.

Thanks and NEXT W00T please

Night all

ahorter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahorter

The definition of refurbished varies from Woot to Woot. In my humble opinion, It really is a gamble to buy a refurb (rox0rz!). You never know whether or not you will get a unit that was an unwanted gift and returned unused or one that looks like it was a toddler's plaything that is cracked and scratched. Woot at your own risk!

Plumeria54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Plumeria54

I got the same thing about 6 months ago on Overstock.com - also refurbished, for just a little more money. They work great and it was nice being able to put the extra handsets in rooms with no phone jacks. Clear reception everywhere in the house and outside to the street. I'm really happy with them.

ShooterMcGavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShooterMcGavin

I too already own this system... unfortunately, I paid a lot more and only got one additional handset.

The phones work great. I'm very pleased with the features and functionality.

If you need a new phone, you might give this one a try.

slide12345678

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slide12345678

this is a GREAT woot. i picked up a base + handset system for about $55 a couple woot-offs ago. it works great, has a bunch of ringers (normal and music), and looks wicked cool too. no ugly antenna sticking up, and really nice orange backlit LED screens

BUY THIS!

darienk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darienk
juzme777 wrote:Hmmm....wall-mountable?

Neither the base station nor the extensions are wall-mountable. They are all designed to sit on a flat surface, and take very little space. You don't need a phone cord for any of the extensions to work, just a power outlet. (The extensions have a smallish sized transformer box that typically only covers the one outlet you're using, not the adjacent one.)

--- CORRECTION: The base unit does come with a wall mount adapter, but none of the extensions do.

danielem1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielem1

It says here
that they have a direct link feature that means they can communicate directly without the base. Wonder how far they would work...

Plumeria54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Plumeria54

[quote user="nodoughballin"]THIS IS A MUST READ!

I found a review that just may keep me from buying these...
I'm already turned off on the fact they are refurbished...
But I am a BIG fan of Uniden phones, I have a 2.4Ghz 3-handset system now and love them, but they don't play nice with my wireless G...
If there is any truth to this statement, I could NOT use these...

"After doing some research, which I usually do before I buy anything except in this case,
I found out that this phone doesn't like DSL filters and that you have to unplug the power to the base and plug it back in for the phone to work again."

Plumeria 54 responded: I have not found this to be a problem to be a problem with this phone system. I have a DSL filter on the base unit and it's never been a problem. Also no problem with interference from the wireless internet network in my house.

brooohaha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brooohaha
juzme777 wrote:Hmmm....wall-mountable?

Yes - check amazon - they have the manual.

Doomed to life without a Bowl of Cereal... damn servers...

goalkeepr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goalkeepr

I just want to chime in with another 'I have this and highly recommend it' post!