Mateo1041

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mateo1041

This is seriously messed up. Love the keyboard, but it refuses to process 3 separate valid cards from 2 different people. Woot, no one will buy your stuff if you can't accept payment.

9/7/2006, Saitek Eclipse II Illuminated Keyboard - $35.99 - It's USB, the keys aren't messed with, and it lights up!
11/17/2007, 2 Miniature Express Train Set - $9.98

garrettw87

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garrettw87

yes, the hard plastic wrist rest will detach from it. i'm not positive about this model, but with my older eclipse, the wrist rest wasn't attached to begin with, when i took it out of the box.

gooback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gooback
theshmoopies wrote:I've tried as well numerous times and have been denied. Guess I'll try again in the AM but by then the glitch will be fixed and I'll be out of woot! Good night.

Yup I'm getting the same issue here

KiTchMe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KiTchMe
wileecoyote wrote:
The Firefly is a different feel from normal keyboards, however this is a huge plus if you also use laptops which have a similar layout and feel. If you only use your home PC then get whatever keyboard you want and master it but if you have to use several different PCs and laptops then the Firefly may be your best choice for consistency.

That's like saying if you live in a trailer house, your vacation house might as well be a trailer house, just for consistency.
I have Saitek's first edition, and aside lighting (that I never use), the feel of keys when typing is the best of all keyboards I've used...You can also easily take it apart and clean it..

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess

I'm very tempted on this one, it matches my blue light computer scheme better than my Auravision eluminx keyboard does. (which is a slightly annoying keyboard anyway. For anyone that is on the fence about this, I suggest getting it, you'll love a keyboard that lights up. I don't think that I can afford it right now, and my current keyboard isn't that old.

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

showcaller

quality posts: 35 Private Messages showcaller

This would be a great deal if it came with a small outboard motor in case you wanted to go fishing.

Kebsis

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Kebsis

Yeah, you can turn the light off. You can set it to bright, dim or off.

I have the first saitek gamer keyboard. Its a nice keyboard but it should be noted that the letters on the keys don't light up, so you can only see a sillouette of the keys. Also, the seperate key panel that it came with (I dunno if this one has it or not) tends to cause conflicts with other controllers when I play certain games, like Flatout. In some cases the keyboard will just cause your games to act all willy nilly in general (King Kong for example).

Still, my original one is all worn out so I think I'm gonna pick this up. Not a bad woot at all if your in the market for a spiffy looking keyboard.

Rumbleminz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rumbleminz

Glorious woot. Luckily the ctrl key sometimes sticks on my current Saitek, so I could justify the purchase.

Saitek is a great company too--last year I spilled a gigantic glass of water all over the damned thing and killed its blinking, shiny robot brain. Saitek totally sent me a new one, despite the fantastic negligence on my part.

nucleardean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nucleardean

Can't get my order through with the same card I have used on 20+ woots. Oh well, guess I didn't need one anyway.
Woot must be getting too big for their britches.. why I remember the days before the mustard and pea green... I had to walk to school uphill, both ways, barefoot!

first woot was a toaster! waaaayy back in the woot 1.0 days.

ewil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewil
Kebsis wrote:Yeah, you can turn the light off. You can set it to bright, dim or off.

I have the first saitek gamer keyboard. Its a nice keyboard but it should be noted that the letters on the keys don't light up, so you can only see a sillouette of the keys. Also, the seperate key panel that it came with (I dunno if this one has it or not) tends to cause conflicts with other controllers when I play certain games, like Flatout. In some cases the keyboard will just cause your games to act all willy nilly in general (King Kong for example).

Still, my original one is all worn out so I think I'm gonna pick this up. Not a bad woot at all if your in the market for a spiffy looking keyboard.

Please read description of the item in question before commenting...
Key characters and keypad illuminate through laser-etched keys
Variable backlighting adjusts through dimmer mechanism

This ain't your old 1st gen Saitek... This here is a 2nd gen! Go look it up!

lukeduff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lukeduff

Sorry about the credit card trouble. We were having trouble with our main credit card processor. I switched to a backup one and things are working now.

If you couldn't get through with a credit card before, go ahead and try now.

BC4L!

spin54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spin54

CC didn't work for me either, but PP did just fine. I'm excited with the colors being selectable! I use my keyboard at night alot and the saitek eclipse 1 solved some big problems, and this one looks alot cooler! Glad I wooted tonight.

PQ69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PQ69

My first woot. I also need a new keyboard so this is perfect. Plus its cool looking

nellb123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nellb123
markzero wrote:Texas Wooters, don't forget the special Texas-only coupon for $5 off on $40+ orders: TAXSUCKS.

Excellent, markzero ! $5.00 off with TAXSUCKS did the job and with paypal !
Thanks ~{:D

nell-on-wheels

Masterface7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Masterface7
pm2501 wrote:Not a bad price... I'd considered getting one of these, but when I found out about Deck keyboards, I knew nothing else would do.

Oh, if only Woot would sell a Deck for less than MSRP. I'd jump on that like a ... well, I'll save you the unpleasantries.

hey man that looks really cool but i cant figure out why it is 150 dollars please enlighten me

garrettw87

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garrettw87

interesting, y'all ... my debit card worked without a problem.

Kebsis wrote:I have the first saitek gamer keyboard. Its a nice keyboard but it should be noted that the letters on the keys don't light up, so you can only see a sillouette of the keys. Also, the seperate key panel that it came with (I dunno if this one has it or not) tends to cause conflicts with other controllers when I play certain games, like Flatout. In some cases the keyboard will just cause your games to act all willy nilly in general (King Kong for example).

not only are you talking about an older version, it's a completely different keyboard, which i believe predates the 1st-ed eclipse, which has no extra gaming keypad (eliminating those conflicts you mention), and whose letters actually do shine through.

techdaddy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages techdaddy
lukeduff wrote:Sorry about the credit card trouble. We were having trouble with our main credit card processor. I switched to a backup one and things are working now.

hehehe... figures... I just woke of the wifemate to get the Paypal password...
now I'm sleeping on the couch cuz she was sound asleep, and I woke her up for and urgent WOOT problem...

Thanks WOOT!!

jambarama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jambarama
Goodprice wrote:Is it wireless?

No, it eats way too much power via the LEDs to be wireless. I almost bought one at CompUSA the other day, the reason I didn't was because the sales guy said he'd had problems connecting it via PS2. The PS2 power supply isn't large enough to consistently power the thing, though USB does absolutely fine. I don't know if the sales guy is right, but if he's willing to discourage me from buying a $60 item, he may know what he is talking about.

I use a PS2 KVM switch, so no go, but it sure is pretty!

Thistle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thistle

Ok, now for the important question....
Is the backlight bright enough so I can use my electric salad spinner in the dark?

jeffcrilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffcrilly

First woot. Need red for maintaining dark adaption at the telescope at night.

jings69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jings69

I would get this but i have an "eluminx" keyboard

not tonight gnight...

gooback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gooback
lukeduff wrote:Sorry about the credit card trouble. We were having trouble with our main credit card processor. I switched to a backup one and things are working now.

Stull giving me problems, now with an added "There was an error processing your order" in addition to the original "Order denied"

Thrower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thrower

If I had a lot of money, I would just wait for this keyboard to come out

Optimus

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118

I'm in for ONE.
Bought with PAYPAL. No probls, except it took a WHILE.

your order is in.
you're all set now.
click here to view your receipt. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
Everything went smoothly. We'll take in all the orders, and begin shipping.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

hikelv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hikelv

CC still not working

Mateo1041

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mateo1041

This is my first time wooting. Not a good first impression when cards aren't accepted. I have a Paypal account, but no money in it. Oh well, I'm headed to bed.

9/7/2006, Saitek Eclipse II Illuminated Keyboard - $35.99 - It's USB, the keys aren't messed with, and it lights up!
11/17/2007, 2 Miniature Express Train Set - $9.98

TheOwl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheOwl

I didn't know there was a second version of the Eclipse.

I have the original one, and it's great. Cheaper than the Logitech G15 and without all the stupid add-on buttons and features.

vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

I just said to hell with it and bought one. I tried using my Check card (AKA Visa), and was denied. So I paid with PayPal and it worked.

J_Fellenbaum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages J_Fellenbaum

Lyers!

I tried again a couple times....Still no good!

This is boardering along the lines of totally unacceptable.

I'm really going to bed now. Reserver 2 for me in the morning to give it another go....if i remember

arct1c1ce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arct1c1ce

I have the original one thats only blue. It has the best keys of any keyboard I have used, and paid more for it. It is also a good balance of illumination, most are too bright too dark except for saitek.

mipearson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mipearson

Yep, I'm having issues as well. The first woot inforever that I want and I can't get it! Arg!!

J_Fellenbaum wrote:

Lyers!

I tried again a couple times....Still no good!

This is boardering along the lines of totally unacceptable.

I'm really going to bed now. Reserver 2 for me in the morning to give it another go....if i remember

metalstar83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metalstar83

No problem with the PayPal option -- and Horray!! for my first woot purchase! A glowy keyboard to match my already glowy mouse

dirtovald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtovald

Woot your are LIARS!!!! The CC is still not working. Why oh why won't you let me buy???

metaphyze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metaphyze

Has anyone successfully bought one of these tonight using a credit card ? Read lots of failures. If anybody got through with a CC, let us know.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

The Woot gods are aware there's still an issue (though some orders are going through) and are working to fix the problem. Hang tight!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

mioxre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mioxre

CC still not working for me, either. After three attempts with one card and one with another, I still haven't been able to order. I do have six holds for the amount of $40.99 now showing on the account linked to the card I tried the first time. I looked at the PayPal option, but am not willing to authorize Woot to make future withdrawals according the the TOS listed there. I've been wanting to buy one of these keyboards for a while, but that's becoming a lot more difficult than it ought to be.

jameslarkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jameslarkin
zozzles wrote: Yeah, but when are they finally come out with the Conroe chip? At this rate, Dell is going to have them beat ten ways from... somewhere. So who cares if the MacBook is backlit if it is going to be SLOOOWWW? (relatively speaking)

Hahaha a Dell more valued than an Apple? hahahahah

3/21/2007 Mustek MBT-H120 Bluetooth Headset $14.99
12/8/2006 Monkey Prize Wine Gift Bundle $49.99
11/17/2006 Jepson Winery Mendocino Mix $35.99
6/9/2006 iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110) $149.99

hikelv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hikelv

Had to use paypal and it worked. However, I had my CC set up as my backup funding source for the billing agreement and paypal decided to draw from my bank account instead... Have to complain and have it reversed now :/

The hazards of having a bank account linked to paypal.

Kansas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kansas

My first woot! experience = total frustration

I don't have PayPal. Please help us out here admin-type people!

pist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pist

I wasn't going to get 1 but changed my mind after noticing the audio controls

edit: that is I will hopefully get 1 when CCs are accepted :D