Top 16% of Woot.com Woots
Top 6% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 3% of Woot.com Woots
Top 1% of all Woots

Quality Posts

Polychrome

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polychrome

I picked up a Flex during the last sale. YMMV, but I have to charge mine every other day.

meethell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meethell
Polychrome wrote:I picked up a Flex during the last sale. YMMV, but I have to charge mine every other day.

Same with mine..

DChuka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DChuka

I bought a Surge, new. After 8 months the screen went blank. Fitbit replaced it no problem. The replacement lasted 8 months when the charge would last less than a day. Fitbit said, Sorry, out of warranty but we'll give you a 15% discount when you buy a new one. Their quality control is crap or bad by design...

justpaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justpaul

No exercises involving a cat? That doesn't add up.

Rupert B. Puppenstein

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Rupert B. Puppenstein

I have the Charge HR and my battery lasts a good week. Highly recommend it for those unsure if they want to start tracking things. It is a great tool, and is best if you know others with one to keep motivated by the friends feature. Just make sure you adjust the sleep tracking to not be ultra sensitive...

Betimothy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Betimothy

When your band falls apart in a few months and there's no warranty, move on to Garmin. FitBit produces poorly engineered pieces of junk. They're not worth it-even at a discounted rate.

klasaction

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klasaction

Refurb doesn't usually bother me, but I bought one of these in July and by October it wouldn't charge. Since it was previously used and just cleaned and bagged by a third party (fitbit does not refurbish their products) I was out of luck. I called fitbit. My fitbit had been originally activated in September of 2015 so the 1 year warranty was up. The 90 day woot warranty was up and my luck was up. So buyer be very aware on these. They come up a lot so you know people are returning them due to problems. 3 of the 4 I have had have been that way. Time to try a different brand.

d2002ranch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages d2002ranch

I bought the charge, but wanted heart rate monitoring. Bought a Charge HR later. At a point the Charge HR stopped taking a batter recharge. I tried everything on the official site and blogs. Nothing worked. I was out of warranty and out of luck. Company did not answer the published phone number and did not answer email. The Charge is still working. But I wouldn't buy any product from this company without a full warranty, and then, at least with the Charge HR, consider your purchase price to be a rental. Divide the price by the months of warranty and decide if you want to pay that much per month to rent a fitness watch.

watchtower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watchtower

My wife has gone through four Fitbits in two years. The last time, the warranty replaced a device Fitbit is no longer making, so they upgraded her and said she wouldn't be able to get a replacement for it again.

Well, the wrap has started to bubble on this one, too.

She's planning to replace it (and her current watch) with a Garmin watch.

Nicaoidh

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Nicaoidh

I've had 2 Charge HR's (the first got chewed up by the dog so it's no fault of the company that I had to get a second).

Unlike others here I've not had ongoing problems with the device charging and my current one is probably 1.5-2 years old. There have been a couple times where the charting port on the back has needed cleaned off a bit in order to make a good connection with the charger, otherwise no problems.

The only issue I've noticed is that the readout for flights of stairs climbed is inaccurate, the device randomly credits me with flights climbed (my house is 1 story as is my place of employment) - I think it's taking into account hills I go up when driving to work.

x7

bdykes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdykes

I am currently on my 5th Surge in 10 months. The band has bubbled on all that Fitbit sent me. All under warranty, but seriously, a FitBit Surge, and $250 originally, can't last more than 2 months??? The hardware is fine, always works, but the band is a joke. I pamper that darn thing, never touches water, and I have never hit is or dropped it. The band can't last longer than 2 months without bubbling? My wife has gone through 3 in less than a year. 2 co-workers have also send theirs in due to bubbling. Everyone I know that has one has had a bubbling band.

I suggest not wasting your money.

Funny, every time I talk to one of their techs, they say this:

"Funny, this is the first I have heard of the bubbling."

Wrong. I mentioned it 4 times before and you read the notes of my account.

www.blue-echoes.com

stefanmoyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefanmoyer

I've gone through 3 of these in a little over 2 years. The fitbit ecosystem is great (I also have the aria), but the quality of the bands is pretty poor. The first Charge had issues with freezing and the button fell off. Luckily it was under warranty and a got a replacement. That one just completely died out of warranty.

I took up their offer of a discount and upgraded to a Charge HR. Worked great for about a year and then the band cracked near the screen, breaking the HR monitor. It still works, but it's inevitably going to break completely.

I also take care of my band (no wearing in water) and don't do anything outside of jogging or cycling.

Whenever this one goes I can't see myself buying another new Fitbit. They can't honestly expect you to pay $100+ yearly for a poorly designed product.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 49 Private Messages mdrcoast

Agree with all the above. Only one problem with hardware (Got wet before Fitbit backed off the waterproof/resistant claims)
Have had 2 charges that the button fell off and the band is falling apart.

They replaced the last one with an Aria which is nice, but it still has the issues with the band. (Falling apart or falling off)

I just ended up getting one the Apple Watches Woot had a while back and have been very happy.

Its a shame that Fitbit does make decent products just to have the weak points being the band itself with no way to replace. (On most models)

Tufflaw

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Tufflaw

I also picked up a Flex during the last sale, wouldn't hold a charge for more than a day, so I went to the warranty website on the card included in the package. Had to return it and pay for the shipping myself, and it got lost in the mail. So that's that. Very disappointed.

debs4jc

quality posts: 4 Private Messages debs4jc

I highly recommend getting a "Bandcuff" or similar type cuff for the Fitbits that have the little metal pieces to hold the strap on. They don't clasp very strongly and I almost lost mine due to this. It also helped with the rash my skin started to develop from the metal piece (I am strongly allergic to nickel).
I'm happy with my Fitbit tracker, but I agree that the bands could use improvement. At least the Charge HR has a regular watch type closure, looks like they wised up on that one at least.

stevematlbch

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stevematlbch

Bought the wife a garmin 2 years ago, $76, a square trade took the warranty to 2 years for another $14. Only issue has been when W10 came out, an email to their support resolved it in a day. She still loves it, never removes it, and we live very near the beach - tough environment swimming in salt water, the sand, the salt spray in the air much of the time. I would not even consider changing brands.

skeemerb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skeemerb

I got my wife one of these from a sale a month ago and we already returned it. She had to charge it every day and it didn't sync with her android very well. I wouldn't buy one of these unless it was refurbished by the manufacturer and these are not.

darganton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darganton

Bought a Surge on the last sale. Had to return it because the touch screen didn't work.

aan1012

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aan1012

I have had 2 fitbits over the past four years. I love them. I don't like the larger types like watches, I like the small ones that I can fit in my pocket. I recently got the Alta for myself and my daughter (I lost my One in Hawaii, oops). I love that you can change bands, and I also will go without the band and just put the fitbit part in the pocket of my jeans. I have never had an issue with my fitbits, and even accidentally put my One through the washer more than once. My husband has the Blaze and he really enjoys it.

tonybaize

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonybaize

Ditto. Bought two Flexes and a Charge last time around. All three died shortly after the 90-day warranty period was up.

klasaction wrote:Refurb doesn't usually bother me, but I bought one of these in July and by October it wouldn't charge. Since it was previously used and just cleaned and bagged by a third party (fitbit does not refurbish their products) I was out of luck. I called fitbit. My fitbit had been originally activated in September of 2015 so the 1 year warranty was up. The 90 day woot warranty was up and my luck was up. So buyer be very aware on these. They come up a lot so you know people are returning them due to problems. 3 of the 4 I have had have been that way. Time to try a different brand.

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

I read an interesting article about how people use these trackers and upload their exercise and eating habit data to websites who then collect and sell that info.

schiznultz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schiznultz

I must be one of the lucky ones. I've purchased 2 flexes from previous deals and both have worked okay. I only purchased a second because my puppy chewed up the first one. The one issue I've noticed with my second one is that it takes noticeably longer to get it charged up to 5 dots. I usually just charge it up to 4 dots and it'll last almost a week before needing recharged.

adamlyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamlyon

FWIW, we've bought two refurb'd FitBit's on Woot. The first one stopped working within a couple of months, and the second one was DOA. If we had known it would be so difficult to get it replaced under the warranty, and that we would have to pay to ship it back, I think we would have just bought them brand new. Either way, I've been hearing a lot of stories about FitBit's not having a very long lifespan. Most of the people that I know that own them are on their second or third and are looking for a better alternative.

Bummer!

iamchrismoran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamchrismoran

Everytime I see these here I am tempted to get an HR for my son. He has a Zip, which is a scratch magnet and stopped working for a long time. Turns out the clip near the battery needed to be nudged out. It works again, but wow, such a strange thing. That said, I'm on my warranty replaced Charge HR because the back of it broke off JUST from pulling off the charging cable. Thankfully it was under warranty. My wife's just did the same thing... she's out of warranty by a couple months, so out of luck. They offered a discount to buy a new one.
They are great when they are working, but frankly, they are terribly designed. I've read so much bad about how they fail.
Worrying about the imminent failure is not worth a discount and hassle. I'm sure my replacement will fail again - outside of warranty and then I'll have to decide what I want to do about it. Buying a refurb is likely a terrible option.

bchlor4evr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bchlor4evr

I bought 2 brand new charge HR watches for my wife and I. The strap on mine bubbled up and completely came off about halfway through the first year. I called and got a replacement under the warranty which also failed in the same amount of time. Of course the warranty was expired by a few days so they offered a discount to buy a new piece of crude which I kindly declined. My wife's watch broke at the latch. Her replacement has worked better so far. I've never in my life had a product fail so often in such a short time. I loved the idea but the product needed to be recalled and consumers refunded.

Krzysd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Krzysd

Girlfriend had a surge, the band where it was held in by the screws eventually ripped after 9 months, she got 1 year protection on it through target, so they refunded the entire amount for it, but fitbit was willing to cover the damage, ended up buying a Charge 2.

ragefury32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ragefury32

Yeah, I would not recommend a refurb Fitbit either - the Charge/ChargeHR series are both out of production (replaced by the Alta/Charge2), and are susceptible to moisture induced separation (it literally falls apart on you after about 7 months of being sweat upon). I am on my 5th Fitbit in the past 4 years, and frankly, I don't think there will be a 6th if this one (an Alta that was a warranty replacement for a Charge) fails - they are rather expensive for what they are, and their durability leaves much to be desired.

Funfrouits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Funfrouits

Only $69.99 for 5.5"-6.7"!! about 1 month ago got them for $100

noorialvijulia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noorialvijulia

Just as I expected and shipped on a timely basis.
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 27 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

noorialvijulia wrote:Just as I expected and shipped on a timely basis.

The white square next to your name shows us that you haven't purchased anything from this site...

biglovabledog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biglovabledog

I am making a warranty replacement claim on my Flex that I purchased on 1/3/2017. It does not hold a charge for longer than 10 hours. I am a little disappointed with the number of other people suffering with the same issue. I have to question the QA of the company that is "refurbishing" them, and I have to question Woot! for being affiliated with them. I am going to give them another try. If they can't get me a working device, I will be seeking a full refund from Woot!.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

biglovabledog wrote:I am making a warranty replacement claim on my Flex that I purchased on 1/3/2017. It does not hold a charge for longer than 10 hours. I am a little disappointed with the number of other people suffering with the same issue. I have to question the QA of the company that is "refurbishing" them, and I have to question Woot! for being affiliated with them. I am going to give them another try. If they can't get me a working device, I will be seeking a full refund from Woot!.

I'm sorry to hear about your fitbit. It sounds like you've already gotten in touch with Customer service, but if you haven’t, please use the Customer Service form for assistance.

DurochD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DurochD

Tracking says the Fitbit I ordered was delivered to my front porch on 1/7. Never got it. Help me Obi Woot. You're my only hope!

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

DurochD wrote:Tracking says the Fitbit I ordered was delivered to my front porch on 1/7. Never got it. Help me Obi Woot. You're my only hope!

Oh no! I'm really sorry your Fitbit is MIA. If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form for assistance.

mutinymanx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mutinymanx

Ordered the Surge, received it on 1/7. So far the battery is junk on it and only lasts for about one day. Going to FitBit customer service first. If they can't help (which I doubt they can/will) I'll hit up the warranty link provided on the order page. If they don't help, hopefully Woot can.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 944 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mutinymanx wrote:Ordered the Surge, received it on 1/7. So far the battery is junk on it and only lasts for about one day. Going to FitBit customer service first. If they can't help (which I doubt they can/will) I'll hit up the warranty link provided on the order page. If they don't help, hopefully Woot can.

These are not covered by FitBit. You should go through the warranty link provided in the features.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

karenfk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karenfk

Well, my Flex wouldn't turn on. I made 2 replacement contacts and have not received any contact back. Anyone else have issues with customer service?