Top 19% of Woot.com Woots
Top 8% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 5% of Woot.com Woots
Top 2% of all Woots

Quality Posts

roadkill69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadkill69

According to the specs, the Fan has an Oscillation Angel. Does this get you into heaven?

larrynj462

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larrynj462

No way, no way, no way. I've wasted hundreds of dollars buying two of these refurbished Fisher price vacuums from Woot. Each lasted just up to the warranty period. Never again. Skip the marketing, hype, and cute colors. Get a Miele. Mine is quiet and has lasted for 10 years.

stephenhchin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenhchin

Thinking this v6 absolute deal is a really good deal, I ordered two of the absolute v6s from an ebay store during Christmas sale. I am wondering if units sold by Amazon is from the same DYSONOUTLET store that sent me an uncleaned, "CLASS B" (if that..), and broken unit I would expect to find in a garage sale for probable 10 bucks. The unit had scratches all over the body, tools had dust bunnies and hair on them, and the whole unit was covered in dust. Only things new in the box was the box itself, the extension rod, and the brochures of Mr. Dyson's vision. I originally ordered a unit for myself and another unit for a gift. Upon receiving the units, it made me so embarrassed to have even thought to purchase a "refurbished" item for a gift. Before this, I have never had any real bad experiences buying refurbs in the past, but this one really disappointed me and even got me angry. On top of that, dealing with dysonoutlet's CS was a Sour Patch. To conclude, I can assure you that if Mr. Dyson found out about this, he would be devastated of his company's low standards and would pound the ground in regret for his CS employees' ignorance and indifference, failing to maintain his and the company vision. So, I have a message or a suggestion for WOOT.COM. Please remove the phrase "It's as close to new as you can get without technically being “new” from your factory reconditioned description as it gives false hopes to deal lovers and I consider this "false advertising."

dirtworship

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dirtworship

I have ordered 5 Refurb. Dysons from Woot over the years. The upright Ball, several cordless, and just recently the canister. All have been clean, shiny, and scratch free and in great running condition. They all still are in great running condition because I have taken care of them and cleaned the filters, etc. I am sorry that you got a crappy one, but that was an Ebay Store, not Woot. Love my Dysons

infohan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infohan

Is it free voltage?

tp222

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tp222

We have a dying DC34 and the wife needs a new one. holy crap these are expensive.

Can the staff comment on clean/dirty these are?

firemanemt4ever

quality posts: 7 Private Messages firemanemt4ever
tp222 wrote:We have a dying DC34 and the wife needs a new one. holy crap these are expensive.

Can the staff comment on clean/dirty these are?

I am not staff but when something is refurbished it was returned either doa or had a failure within the warranty period. manufacturers will either repair or replace the failed components. Units arent dirty as i saw in a prior post. You may find a scratch or 2. I bought a Dyson AM05 refurbished it looked brand new and runs great only a small scratch on top of the fan. Bought it almost 2 years ago and it still works fine. Saved 60% from normal sell. I also own two Dyson vacuums but bought those new.

jbaker002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbaker002

Do your homework! The DC50 has the lowest suction power of all the uprights. It can not handle anything but light dust. I bought a DC50 refurb from Woot and it lasted until the end of the warranty period. It kept clogging and when I complained, I was told it was my fault because I had pets. I was vacuuming hardwood floors and an area rug. Not a whole house full of hair. I ended up buying a Shark, and it runs circles around the Dyson. A new Shark is the same price as the refurb Dyson.

markhuss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages markhuss

Brand new Dyson Stick is at Costco for $50 off and free Shipping. $278

lanewid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lanewid
dirtworship wrote:I have ordered 5 Refurb. Dysons from Woot over the years. The upright Ball, several cordless, and just recently the canister. All have been clean, shiny, and scratch free and in great running condition. They all still are in great running condition because I have taken care of them and cleaned the filters, etc. I am sorry that you got a crappy one, but that was an Ebay Store, not Woot. Love my Dysons

Wait, what? You've ordered 5 of these? You've had to get 5? I don't understand. If these are so great, why did you have to order more? Why would anyone need more than one vacuum?

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Owegoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Owegoman

Currently own the Dyson canister vac, which is the best vacuum cleaner we have ever owned! To say it 'sucks' is an understatement! Love it, and it looks like a robot puppy!

cleothemuse

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cleothemuse
lanewid wrote:Wait, what? You've ordered 5 of these? You've had to get 5? I don't understand. If these are so great, why did you have to order more? Why would anyone need more than one vacuum?

I have a 1300 sq ft townhouse, and I have three vacs: a Dyson upright, a hand vac, and a shop vac. All three serve different purposes.

I've putchased a Dyson stick for someone else as a gift. Lookie, I'm already up to 4!

[insert clever words here]

omoomo

quality posts: 18 Private Messages omoomo

I bought a hand held refurb from Woot (the purple one) 2 years ago.

60% off retail and it works great, zero complaints and I live on a split level all hard wood floors open concept house (aka, dust and hair factory) and I use it constantly.

My Woot Dyson refurb experience has been stellar. My $0.02.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 944 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

infohan wrote:Is it free voltage?

No. US only.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

haffej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haffej

WHERE'S THE AMAZON PAY BUTTON GONE?

terminalfrost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terminalfrost

I bought a refurbished DC15, from Woot in 2008, no dings, scrathes or dust. I replaced the beater/brush a few months ago and it cleans like a new one. My only complaint is that over the years, I've gotten old and the Dyson is heavy and a little harder to use. In 2014, I bought a new cordless DC44 and consider it to be one of my smartest purchases. It works amazingly well, light-weight and has plenty of suction for such a small unit. I will never not have a cordless Dyson. Love them both, but the DC44 is my favorite.

woottoady

quality posts: 47 Private Messages woottoady

We can thank Dyson Engineering & Quality Control for making Dyson the "Refurb King" of household appliances.

Think about it.... If they can't get it right the first time, how is reassembling the parts going to overcome design faults. Hint: It won't and these units will again fail.

mick66

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mick66
woottoady wrote:We can thank Dyson Engineering & Quality Control for making Dyson the "Refurb King" of household appliances.

Think about it.... If they can't get it right the first time, how is reassembling the parts going to overcome design faults. Hint: It won't and these units will again fail.

Design faults you say?
What's your source for that information?

newy2wooty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newy2wooty
larrynj462 wrote:No way, no way, no way. I've wasted hundreds of dollars buying two of these refurbished Fisher price vacuums from Woot. Each lasted just up to the warranty period. Never again. Skip the marketing, hype, and cute colors. Get a Miele. Mine is quiet and has lasted for 10 years.

We have purchased two refurbs Dysons from Woot - one for us, one for my parents. That was 9 YEARS AGO! No issues with either one. We have replaced the filters once but otherwise no other expense. We have saved the price of the vacuum many times over in the savings from not having to spend HUNDREDS of $'s with the cost of bags that other canister vacuums require. Sure there are "better" vacuums but this is a great choice in cleaning and cost of ownership.

Good luck all!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 134 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but among the complaints on a legit site was the dumbest one I have ever read:

"the customer service has been absolutely atrocious! I ordered my vacuum on December 25th with expedited shipping. ...5 days later my vacuum still has not shipped even though the website said it would process and ship my order within 2 days."

They ordered it (from Dyson) on Christmas Day and expected a company fully staffed and open??? Some folks have no common sense.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/dyson.html

sillycatvalley.com
Like Lake Wobegon, but without the lake.

anb2700

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anb2700

Staff

markhuss wrote:Brand new Dyson Stick is at Costco for $50 off and free Shipping. $278

The V6 Absolute stick vac is much more powerful. The Absolute is the second most powerful stick vac in the Dyson line up (next to the newly-released V8 Absolute)

9bewh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 9bewh

I bought one of the hand held models four years ago. Worked great until our 5 year old decided to use it as a shop vac and sucked up a sink full of water. Still...didn't work too bad after that. Then a year or so later, somebody dropped it on hard tile and cracked part of the housing which doesn't allow the battery to make a good connection to the motor. Still works with some creative duck taping. However, just ordered another one.

Oh...we also have two Dyson uprights so I guess we have four now. And...we also have three of the Neato robots. Ah...forgot about the 5 Shop Vacs of various sizes. Am I winning?

tfseth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tfseth

I didn't see this answered anywhere, apologies if I missed it. How is the V6 stick with pet hair on hard wood floors? Was looking for something to to clean the floors besides a regular broom followed by a swiffer.

options01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages options01
larrynj462 wrote:No way, no way, no way. I've wasted hundreds of dollars buying two of these refurbished Fisher price vacuums from Woot. Each lasted just up to the warranty period. Never again. Skip the marketing, hype, and cute colors. Get a Miele. Mine is quiet and has lasted for 10 years.

We have a Miele, after 10 years bought another powerhead ($150). The main body/motor is still going strong. The Dyson we bought because my wife wanted an upright has cheap plastic parts and the canister handle broke after 4 years.

chad

claynpotter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages claynpotter
anb2700 wrote:The V6 Absolute stick vac is much more powerful. The Absolute is the second most powerful stick vac in the Dyson line up (next to the newly-released V8 Absolute)

I have dc35 that i purchased refurb from Amazon for $210. I recently purchased V6 absolute brand new-store display missing filters-for $80. V6 suction power is way more powerful and surprisingly the carpet like roller works better than brush roller on Dc35. Unfortunately batteries died on both machines. Refurbished one costed me $45 to replaced with 3rd party battery sine short warranty expired, but V6 absolute battery was replaced by Dyson for free. Love my V6 Absolute. Worjs great with pet hair from my dog and cat. I also have upright Dyson for carpetted rooms.... so 3 total....

ginbak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ginbak

I bought my mother a ball dyson from woot! years ago. She ran a couple of years and then told me that it broke and the brush wouldn't turn. So I got her another dyson from woot! .... before I realized she had accidentally pushed the button that turns off the brush.

So we have TWO woot! dysons in the house and they've been running great for many years.

rhkj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rhkj
dirtworship wrote:I have ordered 5 Refurb. Dysons from Woot over the years. The upright Ball, several cordless, and just recently the canister. All have been clean, shiny, and scratch free and in great running condition. They all still are in great running condition because I have taken care of them and cleaned the filters, etc. I am sorry that you got a crappy one, but that was an Ebay Store, not Woot. Love my Dysons

wandastc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wandastc

rhkj

why did you get 5

rhkj

what is the warranty that woot offers on these refurbished???

DarkAngel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkAngel
rhkj wrote:why did you get 5

5 seems a little much but sometimes people get multiple vacuums so they don't have to drag them up and down stairs.

Basement = 1
upstairs = 1
1st floor = 1
maybe gifts and/or replaces = other 2?

chimpsnest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the yellow canister vac ... any reviews helpful, please and thank you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 944 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rhkj wrote:what is the warranty that woot offers on these refurbished???

Hi there. We list the warrant at the end of the features. These have a 6-month Dyson warranty.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lisadieuberfrau

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisadieuberfrau

I have had the Dyson Canister Vac for a year. It was also a factory reconditioned unit and I paid $199 for it. It's been wonderful and I highly recommend it! I saw some reviews, prior to purchasing, on Amazon that were less than steller and said it clogged all the time, wouldn't pick up anything after 2 uses, etc. First, mine has never clogged. IDK what people were trying to vacuum up that would do that?! Second, if you keep the canister CLEAN, and I mean clean it after every use, then it always works like it's brand new. I dust with a Swiffer cloth, then after I vacuum, I use the Swiffer cloth to clean up inside the middle area of the canister really good. LOTS, like tons, of debris can get up in the canister so cleaning it each time helps. Again, I highly recommend the canister vac! And I have 7 cats

agushgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agushgar

I own a new version of the stick cordless vac, and I gotta say that I love it. It cannot suffice as a heavy duty vacuum, but is WONDERFUL for small jobs where you don't want to worry with the hassle of pulling out your corded vac. In reality, it's an additional luxury which makes an already simple process even simpler, and is in no way a necessity, but it sure is convenient.

meganjernigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meganjernigan

I bought a Dyson DC33 refurb here in 2012. I love it. 2 big hairy dogs and a toddler give this thing a workout. In for the canister vac.

dirtworship

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dirtworship
rhkj wrote:why did you get 5

I have given three cordless as gifts. The recipients of my Dyson gifts are very pleased with them.

sjmlieberman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjmlieberman

How long is the warranty on the Dyson stick Vac?

jlbull46038

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlbull46038

Very dissatisfied, first off the DC50 Multifloor Upright Vacuum is a compact model, no where in the description does it say compact so big disappointment when I was expecting full size. Secondly what I received has a broken handle and the hose does not lock into place. Totally unhappy with this purchase.