Top 5% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Dyson Bladeless Fan or V6 Motorhead
Price: $179.99 - 229.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Mar 22 to Thursday, Mar 23) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

woncoolone

quality posts: 4034 Private Messages woncoolone

woncoolone

quality posts: 4034 Private Messages woncoolone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 190038065

Should be good

hfmf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hfmf

I bought the vacuum for my wife about 3 months ago. It is good for spot cleaning and general hair pickup, but if you're thinking of doing a whole house with it, you are mistaken. On high power (which you will need for any type of carpeting) the battery lasts for about 10 minutes. Regular power goes for about 25-30. It's handy for quick things, but no replacement for any type of stand up vac at all.

eadcock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eadcock

Stop claiming that this is blade-less, the blades are in the base of the fan. Yes it is a cool design but it does have blades.

LFarinola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LFarinola

There's no such thing as a bladeless fan. Open the base to see the blades.

TruthSpewer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TruthSpewer

I would avoid the fan if you want something that looks nice.

The fan will most likely come dented and scratched. I ordered 2 from Amazon, and returned them both because of how bad they looked. One didn't even have a base with it. To me, they would be worth $50 for how rough of shape they were in. So bad, that I worried how well they repaired in internals.

Anyway, YMMV - but wanted to let you know.

nbirnbaum2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbirnbaum2

i got an AM09 and AM08 from woot. Decent condition. I simply had to clean them, which should have been done already and I used a cheap paint pen for touch up where needed. There were just small blemishes.

nathan birnbaum

jivh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jivh

Why is it $179 this time?

I purchased the exact same model Dyson fan, reconditioned, from Woot in November 2016 for $139.

brett9430

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brett9430

I bought the v-6 a few moths ago, we have all solid floors and this thing is awesome, be careful of the brush head it is easily damaged if you suck up something like A cloth, and they are $$$$$$ to replace

locotx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages locotx

Brought the vacuum for the wife last summer. She loved it, because it's perfect for the kitchen and the tile in the front doorway. Her sisters loved it too, so I got one for them at Christmas and they love it.

We have the fan upstairs, in a corner, my son loves it when his friends come over and it makes for a perfect fan while playing video games.

Very happy with my 3 purchases (2 vacuums and 1 fan). Just lucky I got good refurbs.

devilsmage

quality posts: 2 Private Messages devilsmage

Does woot only sell dyson? lol

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

devilsmage wrote:Does woot only sell dyson? lol

No. We also sell bidets and cat shirts.

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mick66

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mick66
LFarinola wrote:There's no such thing as a bladeless fan. Open the base to see the blades.

eadcock wrote:Stop claiming that this is blade-less, the blades are in the base of the fan. Yes it is a cool design but it does have blades.

O.M.G. Seriously. Give it a rest. You're right. you win. Congratulations. ...But the problem is is that nobody cares. ...At all.

mick66

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mick66
TruthSpewer wrote:I would avoid the fan if you want something that looks nice.

The fan will most likely come dented and scratched. I ordered 2 from Amazon, and returned them both because of how bad they looked. One didn't even have a base with it. To me, they would be worth $50 for how rough of shape they were in. So bad, that I worried how well they repaired in internals.

Anyway, YMMV - but wanted to let you know.

I have 3 various models of refurbed dyson fans. All have chipped, scraped, scratched edges.

SlickWilly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SlickWilly

I bought the Dysan fan for the wife a year or two back. Actually.. i lie - she bought it "for me" for Xmas, as I had complained that the regular circular fan she used was too loud.

This thing though, is honestly garbage. It's far from silent. Less noisy than a spinny fan, but it's still loud enough to be irritating. It doesn't blow as far as a 20" spinny fan, but worst of all - the 'heating element' in the unit blows the electrical circuit that it's plugged into. Every time.

Couple that with the wife's love affair with 'all things dysan' - We got the beast vacuum, and lately she also got the portable thing shown here - which I simply don't use, it'd fiddly.. plastic bits all over the place and I get irritated just trying to empty the cannister - I wouldn't by another Dysan thing again (although the wife keeps trying).

wajeremy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

I kinda want that Dyson Motorhead just to play air covers of Iron Fist.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

wajeremy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Just bought that Dyson Motorhead thinking it was an air guitar for my Lemmy impersonation act.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

avsfan80526

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avsfan80526
ThunderThighs wrote:No. We also sell bidets and cat shirts.

I need to clean my glasses. I thought it said cat sh!t.

brucethebarguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brucethebarguy
SlickWilly wrote:I bought the Dysan fan for the wife a year or two back. Actually.. i lie - she bought it "for me" for Xmas, as I had complained that the regular circular fan she used was too loud.

This thing though, is honestly garbage. It's far from silent. Less noisy than a spinny fan, but it's still loud enough to be irritating. It doesn't blow as far as a 20" spinny fan, but worst of all - the 'heating element' in the unit blows the electrical circuit that it's plugged into. Every time.

Couple that with the wife's love affair with 'all things dysan' - We got the beast vacuum, and lately she also got the portable thing shown here - which I simply don't use, it'd fiddly.. plastic bits all over the place and I get irritated just trying to empty the cannister - I wouldn't by another Dysan thing again (although the wife keeps trying).

This model does not have a heating element. Different.

Sugary Sweetness

liberatedmind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages liberatedmind
mick66 wrote:I have 3 various models of refurbed dyson fans. All have chipped, scraped, scratched edges.

I bought mine from woot last time nothing wrong with at all, I have the heater fan model and I love it, those who say it's not bladeless misunderstand the simple engineering concept of that it does not have a fan, it uses jet engine technology its a fan that does not have the same traditional blades

liberatedmind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages liberatedmind
SlickWilly wrote:I bought the Dysan fan for the wife a year or two back. Actually.. i lie - she bought it "for me" for Xmas, as I had complained that the regular circular fan she used was too loud.

If the heater is popping your circuit that is not a heater problem that is an wiring issue in your house, the heater heats my whole side of the house up and kicks the house heater thermostat off, the fan blows nicely also indirectly and directly and oscillating

schoch124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schoch124
jivh wrote:Why is it $179 this time?

I purchased the exact same model Dyson fan, reconditioned, from Woot in November 2016 for $139.

They get $40 more when sold for $179.

SlickWilly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SlickWilly
liberatedmind wrote:If the heater is popping your circuit that is not a heater problem that is an wiring issue in your house, the heater heats my whole side of the house up and kicks the house heater thermostat off, the fan blows nicely also indirectly and directly and oscillating

I disagree. I've tried it on multiple circuits and it blows them all. A short in the [heating element] electrics of the fan would produce this kind issue.

I'm intimately familiar with the electrics of my house, and I'm 100% certain it's not a problem there.

And while I'm aware that this particular item isn't the one with the heating element, I'd warn anyone away from buying it, regardless.

I have a beef with Dyson. :P