krab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krab

OK so being at work I can't really justify filtering the search returns that came back for "COUPON CODE" so I defer to the masters...I found that here in TX TAXSUCKS and that is great, coulda used that one a couple woots ago but grumble grumble and mutter hmph.

Are there any lists or links to lists that...er, list the ranks of the coupon codes? Any help aside from "use the search" would be greatly appreciated as I am a functioning wootaholic and would like to keep my job.

01/31/2007 Random Crap (X3)
01/31/2007 Vina Robles Sav Blanc/Char Quartet
12/8/2006 Logitech Wireless Music System
11/8/2006 Matsunichi 6GB USB Portable Drive
10/24/2006 Sandisk Memory Stick 512MB
10/19/2006 Discovered this sad, sad addiction

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
krab wrote:OK so being at work I can't really justify filtering the search returns that came back for "COUPON CODE" so I defer to the masters...I found that here in TX TAXSUCKS and that is great, coulda used that one a couple woots ago but grumble grumble and mutter hmph.

Are there any lists or links to lists that...er, list the ranks of the coupon codes? Any help aside from "use the search" would be greatly appreciated as I am a functioning wootaholic and would like to keep my job.

Hmm.. the only coupon codes I know of are TAXSUCKS and HONMEN-FS, which is for free shipping with the earning of an Honorable Mention in the photoshop contest.

[MOD: No advertising please]

krab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krab
wizard7926 wrote:

Hmm.. the only coupon codes I know of are TAXSUCKS and HONMEN-FS, which is for free shipping with the earning of an Honorable Mention in the photoshop contest.

I guess I need to brush up my phot slop skills...

01/31/2007 Random Crap (X3)
01/31/2007 Vina Robles Sav Blanc/Char Quartet
12/8/2006 Logitech Wireless Music System
11/8/2006 Matsunichi 6GB USB Portable Drive
10/24/2006 Sandisk Memory Stick 512MB
10/19/2006 Discovered this sad, sad addiction

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
krab wrote:

I guess I need to brush up my phot slop skills...

Not that the code actually works or nothin'. I emailed them once to get it to work, and they fixed it. Another time I tried it and they just cancelled the order. at least the never sent it. Last time I tried it nothing happened at all.

carpenter940

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carpenter940

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
Josephus wrote:

Not that the code actually works or nothin'. I emailed them once to get it to work, and they fixed it. Another time I tried it and they just cancelled the order. at least the never sent it. Last time I tried it nothing happened at all.

That's weird, Joe.. they've worked every time for me. Missed out on the Screaming Monkey trying to use my FS, but it technically worked..

[MOD: No advertising please]

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
Josephus wrote:

I've tried to use my collection of HONMEN-FS codes on three woots so far, and each time it says that it isn't a valid coupon code. Twice wrote to service@woot to report it. Both times the reply said the credit was being applied. It actually was once. By my accounting I still have two left to use. I won't try to enter it on the sale screen anymore and will simply email service to get it applied. At least the emailing thing has a 50% chance or working versus the 0% chance with the coupon code...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
gwp wrote:

I've tried to use my collection of HONMEN-FS codes on three woots so far, and each time it says that it isn't a valid coupon code. Twice wrote to service@woot to report it. Both times the reply said the credit was being applied. It actually was once. By my accounting I still have two left to use. I won't try to enter it on the sale screen anymore and will simply email service to get it applied. At least the emailing thing has a 50% chance or working versus the 0% chance with the coupon code...

I'm just using the HMs as honorable mentions, they don't seem that interested in purchasing in making it work, so I guess I'll hold this bittereness in, only occasionally letting it loose to post a Jason, or a Dave pic, although now I have pictures of the whole lot of them in St Louis to use. ;^)

If only we had more pictures from Tejas.

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
Josephus wrote:
If only we had more pictures from Tejas.

this would be handy when you go there....

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
gwp wrote:

Update on my latest attempt to use the coupon code -- after writing to service and having the credit applied, I waited patiently for my webcam to ship. I wrote again on Monday to inquire abut it, and my order has now been canceled and the remainder of the purchase price refunded. At least I got the money back, but it makes it tough to actually purchase anything. I may try again someday...

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

I just tried to use the HONMEN-FS code today, and it still doesn't work. Any chance of w00t fixing this issue?

PhilMcPhillerson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhilMcPhillerson

what about coupon codes for any other state?

mgaddini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgaddini

TAXSUCKS works for orders $40.01 or more and you get $5 off.

striderx7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages striderx7
mgaddini wrote:TAXSUCKS works for orders $40.01 or more and you get $5 off.

still works! may a thousand bushel of carrots come your way!

DrRay11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrRay11

Whoops, wrong thread. Someone delete this! D:

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 132 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

DrRay11 wrote:Whoops, wrong thread. Someone delete this! D:

NEVER

burrbunch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burrbunch
mgaddini wrote:TAXSUCKS works for orders $40.01 or more and you get $5 off.

I have yet to get to use a coupon have tried everyone I have heard of. I have spent probably 1k on woot in 2010 with no coupons, you'd think I would get one every so often.

iSTARSHINE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iSTARSHINE

I know theres a "missyoutoo" one I got in the mail... (it was after i had not purchased anything in awile though.) with a silly monkey. Its $5.00 off any order.

kurthiggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kurthiggins

TAXSUCKS worked for me.

I already have a Vizio 37" from about 4 yrs ago and it still works great. Mind you that was new from Walmart, not a refurb, but I have had good experience with refurbs in the past.

BabyGoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BabyGoo

TAXSUCKS still working as of today July 20, 2011
Woot item $39.99
plus tax + $3.44
plus shipping + $5.00
minus discount - $5.00
for a total of $43.43

mijeongy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mijeongy

TAXSUCKS worked 7/24/2011

-$5 better than nothing

mshultise

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mshultise

Not working for me on 7/24/2011 though.

Looks like I missed it by 2 cents and have no tax to push me over

which each cost $39.99
for a subtotal of $39.99
plus shipping $5.00
for a total of $44.99

ItsKona.Com

asasne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asasne
mshultise wrote:Not working for me on 7/24/2011 though.

Looks like I missed it by 2 cents and have no tax to push me over

which each cost $39.99
for a subtotal of $39.99
plus shipping $5.00
for a total of $44.99

just tried it and it didn't work for me either.

said it needed to be $45.00 or more. it used to be $40.00 (if i remember correctly).

blerg!

scoobykidd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scoobykidd

I believe the taxsucks code only works if you spend more than $40 dollars and get charged tax.

Kuriakos23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kuriakos23

"taxsucks" isn't working for anything less than $40.00

Got another one anyone?

[size=14]Michael Sr.[/size]
Health conscious? Visit MOXXOR

Jackson20

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jackson20
Kuriakos23 wrote:"taxsucks" isn't working for anything less than $40.00

Got another one anyone?

$45.00 as of today 10/07/2011

cabuccola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cabuccola

It doesn't work at all. My order was over $200 and it didn't work.

kipmason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kipmason

"TAXSUCKS" or "TAX SUCKS" not working on purchase of $239

sozo777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sozo777
kipmason wrote:"TAXSUCKS" or "TAX SUCKS" not working on purchase of $239

I think your shipping Address must be in TEXAS for it to work unless I'm mistaken since I just tried with a 16.99 order and instead of "This coupon code won't work." It said "That coupon code will only work for orders greater than $45.00."
- Then I changed my shipping state from Texas to Virginia (with valid zip code) and it reverted back to ""This coupon code won't work."

sunworker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunworker
sozo777 wrote:I think your shipping Address must be in TEXAS for it to work unless I'm mistaken since I just tried with a 16.99 order and instead of "This coupon code won't work." It said "That coupon code will only work for orders greater than $45.00."
- Then I changed my shipping state from Texas to Virginia (with valid zip code) and it reverted back to ""This coupon code won't work."

Hi, I just purchased in New York - coupon code: taxsucks and Yea!! it worked!!!

imaginal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imaginal

Washington, 60$, taxsucks took $5 off

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

I don't have a clue as to what you all are talking about.
Isn't this where we vote for pie?
Oh, nevermind.

coreycatalano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coreycatalano

Live in NY, used TAXSUCKS. WORKED! Took off the shipping though

sozo777 wrote:I think your shipping Address must be in TEXAS for it to work unless I'm mistaken since I just tried with a 16.99 order and instead of "This coupon code won't work." It said "That coupon code will only work for orders greater than $45.00."

lopezgloria22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lopezgloria22

just tried taxsucks from chicago, it was a no go haha

xfirefighter484x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xfirefighter484x

Just did 'taxsucks' from NY and it worked, 11/13/11!

brookslu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookslu

Tried taxsucks in Utah on a $599.99 and it didn't work.

kenwright396

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenwright396

Used "TAXSUCKS" code today and it took off th e$5.00 shipping but still included taxes.

rlw430

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlw430

Tax sucks still works... For orders over 40.01. Thanks!

thomaspgarcia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomaspgarcia

I just bought the $60 Thomas the Train set and used the TAXSUCKS coupon code and it worked. Today is 12/12/2011, Merry Christmas from Tom in Texas!

upayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upayne

"TAXSUCKS"

Gave me free shipping ($5 savings) in NY. Wish it would have actually taken the taxes off (i would have saved $13).