jim5554

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jim5554

My watch arrived today, just before I got the e-mail with the tracking number. That was a little strange but nothing to get upset about and certainly not enough to notify the BBB. You were kidding right?

I'm one of those folks with "gorilla wrists". Most men's watches seem to be sized for women. This thing is perfect for me. I wish I had bought a few more. How much do you figure Casio saved by putting a plastic back on the watch?

csk72363

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csk72363

I still don't have my watch or a tracking number. Does anyone have any advice for what I should do now?

aoldhippie53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aoldhippie53

I'm in sales.I have a little insight on how business goes down. If you can't deliver you have a problem. You lose credibility. Woot has always been a good supplier, so far. The lack of response from Woot signals a problem . The don't have the product because thy lied, the supplier dropped the ball, Woot has bad credit, they flatly got too big to care about customer service,or they are cowards and won't admit to mistakes like Republicans. My brother in law received his watch. He lives much farther in the country than I. This is ridculous.

snowdog1967

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowdog1967

I received my email today with my watch shipping information.

It should be here tomorrow!

Who knows what the delay was, but I'm looking forward to my watch!

Previous Shirt Woots
Candy Corn Cannibalism
Sucka!
Touring With The Big G

novaprof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novaprof

Just checked FedEx. It's on the truck for delivery today. SO - ordered on Jan 18, delivery (ostensibly) on Jan 30. Not within Woot's advertised standards for delivery. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, and ordered one of the Roombas. No information on that, either. <plonk>

eatsnopaste

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eatsnopaste

The watch arrived a few minutes ago, now what do I do? Do I call the BBB and tell them I was an *ss or just enjoy my cheap watch and not let the small things bother me to such a point that I feel that a company is cheating me when I have to wait longer than "I" think I should?

neil1054

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neil1054

Oh man, this couldn't been easier to set up. I pushed button A per the instructions and then got interrupted and couldn't get back to the watch until this morning. What to my amazed eyes did I see but the watch had set itself up right down to the date. So to everyone who's getting ready to set it up hit button A & leave it 'til tomorrow.

Polly wants a WOOT!!!

Too many woots to list...besides my wife reads the posts & I don't want her to see how much I've really spent.

ncolon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncolon

The Casio Men’s Waveceptor Atomic Watch that was sent to me is total dead and unresponsive, I have read through the manual and have done exactly what it said to activate it but as some would say “the lights out and nobody is home”

teraforce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teraforce

How do you adjust the band on this thing. I can rebuild a copier, printer or computer but I can't figure out how to adjust this band. It's ridiculous. Nothing in the manual or on there site either. Actually, this model isn't on there site. Hmmmmmmm

teraforce

Also, it sets the digital time, but you still have to set the hands manually.

Edit: thats not correct. I had to adjust the home position of the hands.

neil1054

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neil1054

teraforce said:

How do you adjust the band on this thing. I can rebuild a copier, printer or computer but I can't figure out how to adjust this band. It's ridiculous. Nothing in the manual or on there site either. Actually, this model isn't on there site. Hmmmmmmm

There is no way to adjust the band, you have to remove links. If you don't want to take it to a jeweler, look inside the band. You will see some arrows. Punch out the pins in the direction of the arrow. When you go to reattach the band insert the pin in the direction of the arrow.

Polly wants a WOOT!!!

Too many woots to list...besides my wife reads the posts & I don't want her to see how much I've really spent.

mwraider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwraider

took twelve days to get here and this doody is all scratched up, what a joke

Michael C Walker

novaprof

OK, fair's fair. The watch arrived today. It's in perfect condition, set itself to correct time and day immediately. Still took a helluva long time to get here, though. Guess I'll keep wooting.

teraforce

neil1054 wrote:

There is no way to adjust the band, you have to remove links. If you don't want to take it to a jeweler, look inside the band. You will see some arrows. Punch out the pins in the direction of the arrow. When you go to reattach the band insert the pin in the direction of the arrow.

the hydraulic press keeps bending the finishing nail *sigh* . Guess I'll surrender and take it to a jeweler. Its a beautiful watch but Casio just lost a bunch of points with me, making the band so difficult to adjust. Nothing like puttin in a ballbustin feature to cause you to lose customers. What are these engineers thinking anyway?

lotehk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lotehk
teraforce wrote:
the hydraulic press keeps bending the finishing nail *sigh* . Guess I'll surrender and take it to a jeweler. Its a beautiful watch but Casio just lost a bunch of points with me, making the band so difficult to adjust. Nothing like puttin in a ballbustin feature to cause you to lose customers. What are these engineers thinking anyway?

If you only need to adjust the band a little there is a spring loaded push pin near the clasp so you can move the pin to slightly tighten the band.

cookefam314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookefam314

How to change the watch band size

1- 2x4
1-hammer
1- 3/4 brad (small nail)
1-pliers
1 -mini screw driver (real tiny)

Place the 2x4 onto a workbench, it will be used as a soft wood base to drive the pin out of the band into the 2x4. Hammer a small 3/4 brad into the side of the band pin hole in the direction of the arrow. A few good wacks should move the pin out of the band, all you need is an 1/8" of the pin exposed, then insert a very tiny screw driver to force the pin out the rest of the way. Presto, pin out! I removed three links this way for a perfect fit. To assemble, just insert the pin in reverse & clamp it down tight with a big set of pliers. "That was Easy ! Took my 5 minutes to figure it all out.

crimson54011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimson54011

and if you dont even want to go through all of that
just get a push pin and a pair of pliers

1. place push pin on desk, point up
2. place watch pin hole on point
3. push.
4. repeat
5. to relink, use desk to push pins back in
6. use pliers to push pins in so they dont stick out

jameslangley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jameslangley
teraforce wrote:How do you adjust the band on this thing. I can rebuild a copier, printer or computer but I can't figure out how to adjust this band. It's ridiculous. Nothing in the manual or on there site either. Actually, this model isn't on there site. Hmmmmmmm

http://www.geocities.com/watch_crazy/bands/bands.htm

This is a link that will show you how to adjust. I took a brad and tapped it the way of the arrow. The pins came out, removed the links, and replaced. Nice Cheap watch.

mtabije

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtabije

Finally received my two Woots. The 2x Sandisks Wooted on 01/23 and FINALLY the Casio Waveceptor watch. I got my tracking number on Monday morning after a Saturday email to Woot service..... I'm not completely disappointed. The quick follow up for the Sandisk balanced out the long delay and no answer for the Waveceptor.

777stuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 777stuff

Hey, my watch came in yesterday morning. Looks cool, and I stopped by a Macy's to have it adjusted. They wouldn't do it cuz I didn't buy it from them, but they allowed me to borrow the tools to do so.

Anyway, the watch isn't working right. The hands on the watch are 11min. behind what it's actually set to. For example, it's set to 8:15am, but the hands read 8:04am. Who can I talk to about getting this problem solved?

Alfundo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alfundo

Yeah mine just came the other day, the day after i got the tracking number. I know getting the tracking number wont get it to me any faster but its nice to have. Still a great deal for a cool watch. Thanks woot.

SpankyHam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SpankyHam

I got mine yesterday and it is totally sweet. I'm an avid watch collector and this is one of the coolest I've found especially in this price range. I almost always stick to automatic watches or solar powered, but for the price, style, and functionality, it can't be beat.

dgoulian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgoulian
777stuff wrote:Hey, my watch came in yesterday morning. Looks cool, and I stopped by a Macy's to have it adjusted. They wouldn't do it cuz I didn't buy it from them, but they allowed me to borrow the tools to do so.

Anyway, the watch isn't working right. The hands on the watch are 11min. behind what it's actually set to. For example, it's set to 8:15am, but the hands read 8:04am. Who can I talk to about getting this problem solved?

The manual explains howto fix this. Basically, by pushing the right sequence of buttons, the hands move to exactly 12:00. If it's off, push more buttons to get it to read exactly 12:00. Then exit that mode and you're all set. Easy Peasy.

laraine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laraine
ncolon wrote:The Casio Men’s Waveceptor Atomic Watch that was sent to me is total dead and unresponsive, I have read through the manual and have done exactly what it said to activate it but as some would say “the lights out and nobody is home”

Got mine and it's also dead. Any idea what to do next? Will Woot take a return?

don4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages don4

READing all and i can't get it set to pacific time anybody had that problem to set to their time zone
now set to eastern but can.t get it to go to p pacfic time

sbiron2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbiron2007

Well, I did get a response and lo and behold..I now wear my boss watch. I love it....Maybe that's the reason they delayed it so that you are so greatful wren it arrives.

I like it, Woot...Just wish you had been a little more forthcoming is all.

I still love ya, despite your flaws.....

pberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pberger
jim5554 wrote: How much do you figure Casio saved by putting a plastic back on the watch?

The watch has a plastic back so that it will receive a better radio signal from Colorado. Most atomic clocks will not work with metal dials.

Goldwing Nut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goldwing Nut

Worst WOOT service ever! Purchase date January 18th. Finally got a FedEx confirmation that the watch was shipped 01/25 and would arrive 01/29 - it didn't. Checked again and said it would arrive 01/31 when it didn't I checked again to find it would arrived 02/01. It's now after 5PM on 02/01 and no watch. No way FedEx takes this long!

TimmyD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimmyD

My watch finally came, 14 days later. It wasn't shipped until day 8. Then it was delayed again for 2 days after FedEx's estimated delivery date. I didn't know why until it came today: Woot omitted a digit on my zipcode; they should know that the leading zero is required. Zip is 06019.....it was addressed to 6019, which required FedEx to manually re-label it. Woot's rating has gone from 5 star to 1 star, since my previous order.

Audikid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Audikid

Finally got my watch yesterday...got lost in the FedEx zone as whoever copied the zip code wrong. Way off. Found it's way to me and all is good. Works like a champ and set itself up with proper date, time and all. As for band fit- very large band. Dropped by the local jewlery store and 5min and $4 later had two links removed from bracelet. Fits perfect. Unit sync'ed up last night at 1:07am with good time signal. I'm on Cape Cod, so probabily at the fringes of a good signal, but still got a good sync-up! I'm happy!

WOOTS! + a few more
  • Logitech Wireless USB Music System for PC
  • Digital Blue PC Animation Station - 2 Pack
  • iRobot Roomba Discovery SE
  • Logitech Wireless Music System
  • Audiovox Portable 10” LCD TV with DVD Player & In-Car Mounting Kit
  • Digital 2-Way FRS/GMRS Wristwatch Radios
  • Logitech Bluetooth Headphone for MP3
  • Rio Cali Sport 128MB MP3 Player
  • HP Photo Paper Bundle II
  • Rockford Fosgate WiFi Car/Home Audio Bundle
  • Kensington Pro Gaming Mouse and Splinter Cell Game

slaner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaner
monkeybutt412 wrote:I've just completed filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Woot - this is RIDICULOUS. For those that would like to file a complaint as well... simply visit http://www.dallas.bbb.org/complaint.html

I'm out $30 with no proof of ANYTHING in return... poor business practices Woot!

surely youre joking? they offer the tracking number and shipping status as a convience, and if they dont get the numbers punched in for some reason and the status updated online, well that's life.

And, By federal regulation, they have 30 days to ship. The fact that they dont make us wait 30 days is a good thing. They certainly dont have to ship within a couple of days. Sure, one could argue that their statement about "if you dont see any updates to the item in 5 days, to email us" is a gurantee of when it will be shipped by, but that could easily be argued both ways. And let's not forget that there is also transit time to figure in (and be sure to skip the weekends on the shipping and transit).

slaner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaner
Goldwing Nut wrote:Worst WOOT service ever! Purchase date January 18th. Finally got a FedEx confirmation that the watch was shipped 01/25 and would arrive 01/29 - it didn't. Checked again and said it would arrive 01/31 when it didn't I checked again to find it would arrived 02/01. It's now after 5PM on 02/01 and no watch. No way FedEx takes this long!

youre blaming the wrong company. it's fedex ground that is screwing up. Sure, woot took awhile awhile to ship, but it's fedex ground that is repeatedly delaying the delivery.
fedex ground sucks big time and my experience with 'em has been that if they dont feel like being bothered with delivering something, they'll skip it.

bayareaed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayareaed

Programming directions were confusing/didn't work. Took watch to watch repair store to set the time. Still didn't show proper time. When they sell you the watch, they don't tell you that the watch must be left on a west facing windowsill each night with the "6" facing west and that some states are out of the atomic range signal I live in midcoast Maine and watch will not adjust to correct time. A friend of mine just bought an mp3 player at woot and it failed after one week of use. I have 2 atomic clocks in the house and they work fine, unlike the watch.

TimmyD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimmyD
bayareaed wrote: Programming directions were confusing/didn't work. Took watch to watch repair store to set the time. Still didn't show proper time. When they sell you the watch, they don't tell you that the watch must be left on a west facing windowsill each night with the "6" facing west and that some states are out of the atomic range signal I live in midcoast Maine and watch will not adjust to correct time. A friend of mine just bought an mp3 player at woot and it failed after one week of use. I have 2 atomic clocks in the house and they work fine, unlike the watch.

I found the directions to be quite good....had the watch set manually in just a few minutes. I live near the coast about 250 miles south of you (CT), and I find that it sets itself about every other night. It doesn't really seem to matter if it's on a windowsill, on my wrist, on on my dresser. Depends on atmospheric conditions. And you can't expect a watch to adjust itself as dependably as a clock: by design it has to have a very tiny antenna, and a low frequency/long wavelength signal like WWVB should have a large antenna to work well. I'll be interested to see how well mine works when I get up to Islesboro this summer.

bayareaed

TimmyD wrote:

I found the directions to be quite good....had the watch set manually in just a few minutes. I live near the coast about 250 miles south of you (CT), and I find that it sets itself about every other night. It doesn't really seem to matter if it's on a windowsill, on my wrist, on on my dresser. Depends on atmospheric conditions. And you can't expect a watch to adjust itself as dependably as a clock: by design it has to have a very tiny antenna, and a low frequency/long wavelength signal like WWVB should have a large antenna to work well. I'll be interested to see how well mine works when I get up to Islesboro this summer.

bayareaed

[quote use

Watch will not set correct time in this part of Maine after taking it to watch repair shop. The range map inset that was included with the watch shows my home town beyond the fringe area of signal reception. The watch repair shop has to return about 25% of all their atomic watches of owners in this part of USA. What is the return policy of woot. I hesitate to buy any more items until this issue is resolved.

w2gjs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w2gjs

How do I send it back for a refunde? The "A" switch does not work. Therefore, cannot take it through it's various procedures which require both switches.

novaprof

slaner wrote:youre blaming the wrong company. it's fedex ground that is screwing up. Sure, woot took awhile awhile to ship, but it's fedex ground that is repeatedly delaying the delivery.
fedex ground sucks big time and my experience with 'em has been that if they dont feel like being bothered with delivering something, they'll skip it.

Man, you got THAT right! FedEx Ground is even worse than USPS. I was tracking an item that was on the truck for delivery, but evidently, the driver didn't feel like delivering it, so he/she simply entered "delivery exception", and it came the next day. I LOVE the watch, though! Keeps perfect time, looks good, and I was able to easily adjust the band. Wish I'd gotten a couple of these. I've had it now for nearly two weeks, and I'm sold. Good woot.

copperb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copperb

watch is cool. band is large and does no appear to be adjustable

w2gjs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w2gjs

Bought one. Mine is always 2 minutes faster than WWV, apparently in the assembly process the minute hand was installed two minutes past where it should have been. Even though I manually set it correctly, as soon as it gets the timing signal it jumps ahead to 2 minutes fast. Very disappointing.