dfwhoser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfwhoser

Has ANYONE received their's yet? I have checked every day and still nothing. No email with shipping notice, nada. It's been a week - what's UP Woot???

--------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick HD TV Tuner and Video Editor
• 2 Logitech mm28 Flat Panel Portable Speakers
• 1 Casio Atomic Waveceptor Watch
• 1 CoPilot Navigator 9 with Philips GPS Locator
• 1 Logitech Wireless USB Music System for PC
• 1 RoboRaptor Platinum Edition Robotic Dinosaur
• 1 Matsunichi 6GB USB 2.0 Portable Drive
• 2 Sandisk Memory Stick Pro 512MB – 2 Pack

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Woot-off shipments can take a bit longer than normal to ship out due to the volume of orders that need to be shipped. This also means tracking information can be a bit delayed in being distributed too... which could mean your order is on the way already. You can try tracking via UPS/Fedex with your Woot order number as the reference number.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

dfwhoser

Gatzby wrote:Woot-off shipments can take a bit longer than normal to ship out due to the volume of orders that need to be shipped. This also means tracking information can be a bit delayed in being distributed too... which could mean your order is on the way already. You can try tracking via UPS/Fedex with your Woot order number as the reference number.

Thanks Gatzby. I checked both Fedex and UPS but still nothing. I supposed patience is a virtue but at 7 days and counting it's making me feel rather unvirtuous.

kevlowe

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kevlowe

I keep coming home hoping to see a surprise waiting for me...but nothing yet. =( Tried tracking it by the order number, nothing came up yet either. Will keep "patiently" waiting...

nammyczc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nammyczc

I emailed woot about a day ago about it, and they said their pushing trying to ship everything for the weekend, so I guess we got to wait and see

kevlowe

Just got an e-mail back from WOOT service, here's the latest info.

"Unfortunately your order has not shipped yet. We apologize for this dreadful delay but due to these items being purchased during the Woot off orders may take a little longer than usual to ship. We are working very hard to get everything out by this weekend. So please bear with us and thank you for your patience."

tuan4woot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuan4woot

welp, mine is still showing "order is in" , still not shipped yet. hurry up wootie

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Gatzby wrote:Woot-off shipments can take a bit longer than normal to ship out due to the volume of orders that need to be shipped. This also means tracking information can be a bit delayed in being distributed too... which could mean your order is on the way already. You can try tracking via UPS/Fedex with your Woot order number as the reference number.

Snapster has recently posted an update on some of the issues with the delay in shipping in World of Woot.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

dfwhoser

Well, I wait and I wait... and I am still watching my poor laptop wishing it could fulfill it's full potential of showing me HD TV. (sigh).

So Woot, my buddy's Bandolier of Carrots even came yesterday (I haven't heard what wonderful surprises he received), but STILL no luck with the Pinnacle HD Pro Stick. I track by order number, I check the order status every day. I guess that new office near Mordor (?) is still having some logistics issues?

Could it be that these are being drop shipped? Could it be that it was just too good to be true and there's no such thing as this magical device?

Could someone from Woot please give us a valid update about the status of this product rather than just the vague answers about the giant Woot-Off and the inevitable delays? Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick HD TV Tuner and Video Editor
• 2 Logitech mm28 Flat Panel Portable Speakers
• 1 Casio Atomic Waveceptor Watch
• 1 CoPilot Navigator 9 with Philips GPS Locator
• 1 Logitech Wireless USB Music System for PC
• 1 RoboRaptor Platinum Edition Robotic Dinosaur
• 1 Matsunichi 6GB USB 2.0 Portable Drive
• 2 Sandisk Memory Stick Pro 512MB – 2 Pack

cableguy84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cableguy84
dfwhoser wrote:Well, I wait and I wait... and I am still watching my poor laptop wishing it could fulfill it's full potential of showing me HD TV. (sigh).

So Woot, my buddy's Bandolier of Carrots even came yesterday (I haven't heard what wonderful surprises he received), but STILL no luck with the Pinnacle HD Pro Stick. I track by order number, I check the order status every day. I guess that new office near Mordor (?) is still having some logistics issues?

Could it be that these are being drop shipped? Could it be that it was just too good to be true and there's no such thing as this magical device?

Could someone from Woot please give us a valid update about the status of this product rather than just the vague answers about the giant Woot-Off and the inevitable delays? Thanks!

I agree... I know about the giant Woot-Off delays, but I've already received my Bluetooth keyboard/mouse from the same Woot-Off... I got that last Wednesday and now I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see HD on my laptop too...

androoo0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages androoo0

yeah I keep checking fedex with my order number and still nothing. This is getting pretty ridiculous even for a Woot-off. Woot should consider some sort of compensation for this delay.

steelechris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steelechris

Yeah still nothing, no shipment notification or anything. This delay is way past the realm of unacceptable and honestly its changing my perspective about woot.com . I agree about the compensation thing for the delay, even if its just reimbursement of the five dollar shipping, it would be a good sign of goodwill towards the customers who keep the company going. I know they have some expected delays, but the timing is horrible in regards to a wootoff. Sorry woot, but you're really going to have to impress me with something before I consider waiting 2 weeks for anything else to ship out.

kevlowe

Damn damn damn...I was so looking forward to being able to record 24 in HD, save it to my PSP, and zone out at work...but now I might actually have to get some work done. Thanks a lot woot, what are you trying to do, make me productive? =P Next thing you know there won't be any more woot-offs. Life is going down!

silint

quality posts: 2 Private Messages silint

Anybody seen my magic stick? I mean HD stick?

BuckNekid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BuckNekid

Well, I guess I'm a little more reassured after coming here and finding that I'm not the ONLY one waiting for my Pro Stick. I ordered 2 items during the Woot Off and received the first one ( the PC Animation Station -WAAAY Cool!) really quickly, but got a little worried about this second one, since I wasn't getting the "shipped" message. No prob waiting though, long as it's still coming....

nmpku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmpku

day 12 and counting....and still not shipped....are we waiting for Pinnacle to manufacture more product? Woot....you there?

WOOT-LOOT!
InFocus IN72 Home Entertainment DLP Projector
Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick HD TV Tuner and Video Editor
Disney Musical Toothbrush Holder - kids.woot

androoo0

I emailed customer service again and they said they've finished about 80% of all orders and are trying to get the rest out by the end of this week. Appreciate the hard work woot, but still ridiculously late.

I don't think I'm gonna buy anything during a woot-off anymore, let alone stay up late watching it if it's going to take 3 weeks to receive.

kevlowe

On the update page they're saying that the "last bit of stragglers" should be shipped out today...I can't wait until I can start pulling in those HD signals! Actually, I guess I can wait...=P

fileman44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fileman44

I too have received nothing and according to my account nothing has even shipped. I have received all of my other woot off items including ones that came up after this one. There must be something else going on with this one, like some kind of supply problem.

dfwhoser

fileman44 wrote:I too have received nothing and according to my account nothing has even shipped. I have received all of my other woot off items including ones that came up after this one. There must be something else going on with this one, like some kind of supply problem.

It sure would nice if someone from woot would tell us what the problem is! We've almost hit the 14 day mark (that'll be tomorrow) and still no word on what the problem is. I think if they just set some expectations everyone would feel better.

Nothing like the frustration of checking every day to see if they've shipped yet only to find nothing.

KaPH33n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaPH33n

still waiting...

makes you feel like woot saw how many orders they could get then bought the product after the fact. i doubt this is the case as woot always keeps their merch on stock. However waiting 2 weeks for it to even be shipped is a bit drastic. Perhaps a discount coupon for future orders or something like that is in order?

< Gamer | Programmer | Maven >

judbud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages judbud

FINALLY!!!! SOMETHING!!!! WOOT!!!!
Tracking number
Ship date
Feb 13, 2007
Estimated delivery
Feb 19, 2007
Reference
Purchase order number
21000000-1 PINNACLE PCTV HD PR
Destination
Seattle, WA
Service type
Ground-Domestic
Pieces
Weight
1.3 lbs.
Status
Package data transmitted to FedEx

kevlowe

Oh thank goodness, I finally got something as well, after using the alternate reference tracking and putting in my reference number. And, counting the time that fedex will screw up delivery, I should have it in time to record my shows!! WOOT WOOT!!

dfwhoser

I found my package info on FedEx as well... It just shows that they sent the tracking info, the package doesn't show that it's been picked up so I'll still hold my breath. LOL Thank Goodness!!!

Two weeks has been a long time.

androoo0

yeah, mine finally shipped today. It's coming from texas being delivered to northern california...estimated to be the 19th...ridiculous, but glad it shipped.

davetd02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davetd02
androoo0 wrote:yeah, mine finally shipped today. It's coming from texas being delivered to northern california...estimated to be the 19th...ridiculous, but glad it shipped.

\

I also live in NorCal. How many episodes of 24 am I going to miss before I get my Woot? I love woot, but this is crazy slow.

kevlowe

davetd02 wrote:\

I also live in NorCal. How many episodes of 24 am I going to miss before I get my Woot? I love woot, but this is crazy slow.

Wow, apparently a whole lot of us live up in NorCal (the best half of CA), and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one going crazy about missing 24 for the past few weeks cuz of this!

bef

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bef

Mine was shipped on the 13th and scheduled to arrive in SoCal on the 19th.

jern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jern
bef wrote:Mine was shipped on the 13th and scheduled to arrive in SoCal on the 19th.

Same here. I didn't get the ship notification email though until this morning around 0600 PST. Looks like it actually went out on the 14th though...the 13th was just the electronic notification of intent to ship.

Well I guess the 19th is gonna be the special day for most of us.

dfwhoser

I don't want to make my friends in N.Cal jealous, but I GOT MINE!!! Finally, I know!

It seems to work pretty well. I'm traveling (in San Antonio) so I look forward to seeing how well it works back in Dallas, but So far, so good.

I'm having problems getting the software to upgrade to the latest version in the hotel so that will wait till I get home too.

Enjoy it when you get it guys.

bef

bef wrote:Mine was shipped on the 13th and scheduled to arrive in SoCal on the 19th.

I just received the order tracking number from Woot.
FedEx says it arrived in LA today and is probably on the way to the local FedEx office.
Hopeully I'll get it tomorrow rather than the 19th.

jern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jern

I just heard a noise at my front door, so I went outside to check it out. My package just arrived! ...a whole 3 days early! Woohooo!

kevlowe

Yes, it came!! And FedEx managed not to mess up the delivery!!

dupree43035

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dupree43035

mine showed up today, 2/16, even though FedEx said it was to be delivered on the 19th. It's pretty easy to setup, just had some problems with the updating. It would start the download process and get stuck about 20% of the way through. I finally left it undisturbed for about 10 minutes and it completed the dl. I've noticed it tries to upgrade to the same program again each time I restart, so I just cancel.

bef

bef wrote:

I just received the order tracking number from Woot.
FedEx says it arrived in LA today and is probably on the way to the local FedEx office.
Hopeully I'll get it tomorrow rather than the 19th.

Got it today. Time to start the software installation.

Loaded the CD 4.51.
Rebooted.
Loaded Update 4.53.1137. No problems downloading with 6Mbps link.
Loaded Update 4.5.1.1151.
Auto checked for new version and found none.
Just noticed that there are now 3 Pinnacle Icons in the system tray. Hope two go away after a reboot.

Starting configuration ...

I'm using an amplified outdoor antenna.
No Internet Radio configurable items.
Selected NTSC M for analog since I'm in CA. Best Quality.
Selected Best Quality for digital.

Started scanning for stations ...

Quickly found about 32 Internet Radio Stations.
Digital stations will probably take awhile ...
After about 5 minutes it found the first channel and now there are 13 ...
It took about 9 minutes to find a total of 39 digital stations.
After about 2 minutes it found about 11 analog VHF channels ...
Its been about 11 minutes and it is stuck at 11 channels. I guess it will eventually get around to the UHF channels. OK it didn't afer about half an hour.
Not sure if this is because I selected "Best Quality".
It doesn't matter since I seemed to have found all the digital channels.

For the digital channels it is nice that it tells you the signal quality. Signal strength seems to be useless.

Just deleted all the analog channels since I get the digital ones.
It just locked up. I'll have to kill the processes.
A couple of the pinnacle icons disappeared from the system tray. This is good.
Had problems shutting down and restarting. After restarting the tuner wasn't detect. Shut down, restart, unplug tuner, still not recognized.
Eventually I used the "Safely Remove Hardware" to remove the tuner and then unplug and plugged it in and the tuner reappeared.

Channel changing is slow but the picture is sharp. No multi-screen preview.

Bottom Line: It's OK but not great.

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn

I got mine this morning. Installed it tonight. Installed only the TV tuner software, not Pinnacle Studio recorder/editor so far. I did not update the software so far. Amazon reviewers complain of problems after updates are installed, so try the software as it comes before you allow it to auto-update.

I live in a bad location for over-the-air TV. First reaction using the little antenna, superb picture on digital when it gets anything but it breaks up quite a bit, and I get a bad snowy signal for analog channels. The sound for digital channels cuts on and off because of the low signal.

I'm pretty far from broadcasters' antennas and I must use cable otherwise, so I am not surprised at these results. The picture from digital channels is nice and sharp but it doesn't hold for more than 10 seconds before breaking up, then it will come back together; the sound is even less stable. I'll try the rest this weekend with my analog cable and over-the-air at a better location, maybe.

So far I am not unsatisfied, pending more testing.

sk0330

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sk0330

Got mine today in SoCal. I downloaded WIndows MCE 2005 driver from Pinnacle website and ran installation program. I have not run any of the software on the CDs yet. Windows Media Center found tuner after reboot and ran through all channels listing signal strengths. 25 available, but reception with antennae is spotty in WestLA near Century City. Only channels with 4 or more bars on the strength meter are watchable, so I am getting 6-7 channels using the included antennae. I have not hooked up to cable line yet, perhaps tomorrow. Picture on "good channels" is excellent. Setup: Athlon X2 4200, 1 GB RAM, NVidia 7600GT, MCE 2005.

kevlowe

Does anyone seem to notice that the color doesn't look that good when going through regular cable vs. the included antenna? I've been looking for a way to adjust the RGB, hue, etc, but have only found very limited controls for that.

pekozpub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pekozpub

Works ok in Seattle - some stations choppy but I'm not sure if its my processing power, or the reception. No way to tell until I upgrade my system. Public TV HD comes in very clear.