Back to Amazon.com

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

hammr25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hammr25

Cool, thanks for the info dudes

unixrab

quality posts: 13 Private Messages unixrab

Ya just can't tell me woot, that Thomas and Dave and some others there don't want 3XL .... it's just gotta be.

Let's get it done...mmkay? mmmkay.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I think you should mix the leftover gobs to make a mystery color t shirt.

Still single, can't imagine why.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Oh, d'name's gonna love this place . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

DrewBlood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrewBlood

I live in West TX and screen print out of my garage with a 70s 4-color/1-station press, a beat up flash dryer, and a 2 bulb 220W conveyor (which is actually not a bad operation for a hobbyist). I've worked in the nicest print shops in my town. So I can say with authority that that is a SEXY setup. I've never even seen a folder or a Passport before. In the shops I've worked at, you graduate from FNG pulling shirts off the dryer and quickfolding them up to basically doing the Passport's job.

Don't be surprised if you find a fleet of Uhauls pulling up over the weekend coming from my direction. Just submit quietly. I only want your press :-)

Toys4Tommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toys4Tommy

Where's the machine that ensures that every image is off-center?

Every one of mine has been off to the right, when facing the shirt.

(I do love them anyway.)

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Toys4Tommy wrote:Where's the machine that ensures that every image is off-center?

Every one of mine has been off to the right, when facing the shirt.

(I do love them anyway.)

Someone at woot must have Marty Feldman eyes . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

hockeyfrog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hockeyfrog

Very cool. I never knew what the process was behind all this.

Sadly though, the only price representation I understood without research was the hockey tickets.

commodog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages commodog

Cool, thanks for the tour.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Weird. In the animated shots of Dave, everything wanders a bit except his eyes. They're in the same position in each shot.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Yeormom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yeormom

Looks like a goverment job...

imcompa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imcompa

Thanks! That was neat.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 15 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Weird. In the animated shots of Dave, everything wanders a bit except his eyes. They're in the same position in each shot.

But the shirt keeps changing. I would love to freeze them.
Why isn't this on wow?

edit
doh, they are frozen in the still shot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

thezar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thezar

Worked a screen shop for a few months and was amazed at things like the chopper (for paper) and other stuff obviously now considered OOD.
Fantastic!
Thanks.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:But the shirt keeps changing. I would love to freeze them.
Why isn't this on wow?

I figured they put it here so it would be on all the sites (Woot, shirt & wine).

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:I figured they put it here so it would be on all the sites (Woot, shirt & wine).

That makes sense. If someone bumps it for them.
I wonder what the job pays? (bumping, not making shirts)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 29 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:That makes sense. If someone bumps it for them.
I wonder what the job pays? (bumping, not making shirts)

Probably as much as mods make.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Probably as much as mods make.

Maybe even less!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 29 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Maybe even less!

You'd pay them?

I think my guardian angel drinks.

firemalt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firemalt

Ya'll do alot of work for $10!
Thanks w00t!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
daj59 wrote:Weird. In the animated shots of Dave, everything wanders a bit except his eyes. They're in the same position in each shot.

Maybe he's trying to pull a Paris or a Lindsay...

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

mudman2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mudman2007

A great bedtime story.Thank you for the info.

Kisisie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kisisie

Thanks Woot! That was awesome!

sugarpike

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sugarpike

Very very cool! Now we know more than we ever expected to about the shirts. And the team. And...oh, never mind!

dmx10101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmx10101

Thanks that was a good read. Always cool to see the insides of woot.

One thing you guys forgot that I wanted to know is how many shirts can you print/package an hour?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bump for wandering shirt people

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Skidi

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Skidi

Wow! Good job, Roberto!

Somebody actually paid $25K for a kidney stone?? I mean, I am a Trekkie and all but they could have bought alot of good stuff at that Christies Auction for that!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Thanks for sharing Jason!

zh3ex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zh3ex

AMAZING POST. Really interesting to see how everything is made and makes me excited for woot shirts!!

Oh, if 3XL raise the prices, I officially vote AGAINST 3XL shirts. These shirts are supposed to feel snug anyways...

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero

How do you think they lined up the pictures? They lined them up on different layers and moved them around until the eyes lined up. They probably also did some slight resizing. Then they cropped everything. That's my guess.

How come nobody's noticed that a lot of those shirts had no graphics? They probably all have failed inspection.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

markzero wrote:How do you think they lined up the pictures? They lined them up on different layers and moved them around until the eyes lined up. They probably also did some slight resizing. Then they cropped everything. That's my guess.

How come nobody's noticed that a lot of those shirts had no graphics? I'm guessing they were messed up copies.

I understand the shirts with no graphics. The ones that bother me are the ones with different graphics. I figured they only make one size image, but it looks like there is more than one. Plus one shirt is just totally messed up!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

markzero wrote:How do you think they lined up the pictures? They lined them up on different layers and moved them around until the eyes lined up. They probably also did some slight resizing. Then they cropped everything. That's my guess.

How come nobody's noticed that a lot of those shirts had no graphics? They probably all have failed inspection.

Yes, I know that but watch his iris. It barely shifts position in his eye. That's what I meant. It's like he he has the same weird stare in each shot.

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
dontwantaname wrote:I understand the shirts with no graphics. The ones that bother me are the ones with different graphics. I figured they only make one size image, but it looks like there is more than one. Plus one shirt is just totally messed up!

We didn't want Dave stretching out/stinking up any valuable shirts, so we used mostly misprints. For the smaller women's sizes, we didn't have any misprints, so we used blanks.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Jason Toon wrote:We didn't want Dave stretching out/stinking up any valuable shirts, so we used mostly misprints. For the smaller women's sizes, we didn't have any misprints, so we used blanks.

Mr. Toon,

It looks like Mr. Bug hasn't had a shave and a haircut (two bits) in a while. Has he stopped showering too?

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug
roberto002 wrote:[IMG]table of estimated costs

Nice job, though I'd be pretty scared to get my bungalow re-roofed for that price. I guess we should've more clearly stated "re-roofed in a manner that will last 10-20 years."

I used to work at this daily deal site, but now I work over at this other daily deal site

kriscad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad

nice setup

thumbs up on using the Newman frames...

nice passport, any problems with it? we are looking to buy one, but have heard of people having problems with shirts not getting pulled off?

do you have production under AC ?? or fresh air from outside?

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio

excellent tour! it's very cool to see what goes on there

drumz0rz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drumz0rz

Sweet Factory! Never realized how much attention my little shirt.woot got!

With the whole process so complicated, do you find yourselves hating people that order older shirts? since it would seem that you'd have to set it up just for them.