Bottom 44% of Woot.com Woots
Top 26% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 3% of Woot.com Woots
Top 1% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Michelin Smart Jumper Cables with Automatic Polarity Adjustment
$12.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 1 Michelin 5100 Smart 8 Gauge Jumper Cables with Automatic Polarity Adjustment

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

xarous

quality posts: 50 Private Messages xarous

I am "positive" this is a great deal.

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Michelin-5100-Smart-Jumper-Cables/dp/B002RRZX06

4.5 out of 5 stars. but only 8 reviews.

--------------------------------------
Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.

CaptainWes

quality posts: 102 Private Messages CaptainWes

These are great for women drivers and others who have no knowledge whatsoever of a car's inner workings during an emergency.

csimmon1

quality posts: 55 Private Messages csimmon1

terri19

quality posts: 3 Private Messages terri19

It's worth it just for the color of them...

Terri19

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon

bmrbill

quality posts: 151 Private Messages bmrbill

Some info here, they look kinda cool!

Motorator Blog

Armagedon

ionman

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ionman
CaptainWes wrote:These are great for women drivers and others who have no knowledge whatsoever of a car's inner workings during an emergency.

Just a tad sexist...

coltsfan182006

quality posts: 24 Private Messages coltsfan182006

Kulith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kulith

Yea but how much of your manhood do you lose for using these....

enigmachick

quality posts: 7 Private Messages enigmachick

Will it jump start my heart?

No. That's not me.

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

Basically, it has a few diodes to make sure the terminals are connected properly.

Very useful! I've seen car batteries explode, it isn't pretty, and can damage your paint, badly. Not to mention what battery acid can do to your eyes.

erick99

quality posts: 21 Private Messages erick99

I once blew up the battery in my car by not paying attention and cross-connecting the poles on the two batteries. After that I bought these type of jumper cables that simply won't work (or correct) if hooked up incorrectly.

Erick R Williams
Only worry about the present. The past is over and the future will be the present soon enough

DrBaron

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DrBaron

does it come with a creepy marshmellow dude?

paltex9

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paltex9
CaptainWes wrote:These are great for women drivers and others who have no knowledge whatsoever of a car's inner workings during an emergency.

not sexist at all, r u? any way, have you met texas women dude? not just the blondes.... LOL

animefanboy123

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animefanboy123

When I tried to use them they did not work on my car because the battery was too low, but a normal set of jumper cables worked just fine.

Other wise good idea for people who dont know much about cars.

Cusuldor

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Cusuldor

This is freaking awesome, you have no idea how much your alternator will love you for this... No more guess work.

lalaclassic

quality posts: 51 Private Messages lalaclassic

"The main difference is that they have cable clamps that can attach to either the negative or positive posts of the assisting and receiving batteries, and a module that adjusts polarity as required. This means you don’t have to be concerned about battery polarity when connecting them to the assisting and receiving batteries"

http://carxnews.com/product-review-michelin-smart-jumper-cables/

So does this mean I don't need to be frightened when opening my hood?

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester

Funny post +2

Chances of getting a date -5

mac daddy1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mac daddy1

If it's not 2 gauge and 18 feet, you might be wasting your time, unless you're jumping a small motorcycle.

willki

quality posts: 12 Private Messages willki

My Soon-to-be Mother-in-law bought a pair of these, unfortunately, they didn't work too well for her SUV (GMC envoy), I assume because the gauge of wires is pretty small. I have a Dodge Neon, and it works fine, but I would advise people with cars that have greater power requirements (bigger batteries) look elsewhere.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I beg to differ with your categorization of who knows what about a car's inner workings. If a woman offers to help start your car, she will know how to do it. On the other hand, I have seen men offer to help, because they wanted to be a knight in shining armor, and almost electrocute themselves.

What you meant to say is "These are great for" PEOPLE "who have no knowledge whatsoever of a car's inner workings during an emergency."

I accept your apology.

cubbiemi

quality posts: 40 Private Messages cubbiemi
Kulith wrote:Yea but how much of your manhood do you lose for using these....

Depends where you put the clamps.... OUCH

doc606

quality posts: 2 Private Messages doc606

copper clad ALUMINUM

mr

stevesds

quality posts: 19 Private Messages stevesds

Does this come with at least a cheap bag to store the cables in so my kids won't find them under the seat and start clamping each other yelling "CLEAR!" ?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
lalaclassic wrote:

So does this mean I don't need to be frightened when opening my hood?

It depends what's under your hood.

MJPerron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MJPerron

Allright, who else got the reference to They Might Be Giants' "Don't Let's Start" song at the top of the listing (Don't Let's Smart)? Those Woot songs on the daily podcast are great, but I think they owe something to TMBGs as I see similarities.

Armagedon

1rudeboy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages 1rudeboy

Probably not a bad product if the concept of polarity is beyond you, but in general IMO, you're better off on 4ga cables for a quicker charge.

edean44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edean44

So am I the only one that didn't read the item title and thought woot was selling roach clips?

NightGhost

quality posts: 1916 Private Messages NightGhost

DrBaron

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DrBaron

wheres the great kicker to the description - "As Seen on TV"!!!

Mikeymadness

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Mikeymadness

I have had a set of these from another manufacturer for something like 15 years now, and I love them.

Doesn't matter if it's day or night, rain or shine; just clip these on any old way and make sure both green lights are on (sometimes the connection is poor due to rust or corrosion) and the car stars up.

I think it's time to get myself a new pair (mine are worn!) and maybe a set or two for friends and/or family.

ionman

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ionman

These are a fantastic price. Cheap insurance to have in every car you own. Nothing sucks like shutting your seatbelt in your car door on your way in to work, only to find that the interior light has been on all day and you now don't have enough juice to get your car started. You can usually get a jump from the next person that happens by, but do your trust that THEY will have decent jumper cables.

With the auto-switch hookup of these, they should be pretty much goof proof. If I didn't already have jumpers in each of my cars, I'd be in for 3.

arribasn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arribasn

yup, 8 gauge and 12ft is pretty light duty. May help if you have a small car or battery is not that dead but I roll with at least 6 gauge 10ft cables, would get anything longer unless you get heavy duty 4 gauge ones.

RazorClarity

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RazorClarity

8 gauge is a bit small for jumper cables; not useless, but a tad puny.