Back to Amazon.com

jsaya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsaya

Dell is offering a 10% discount on select electronics and accessories items when you pay using Paypal (exp 9/5). The Microsoft Zune 30GB Music-Video Player is available for $179 - 10% off using paypal = $161.10 with free shipping. The next lowest price on PriceGrabber is $205 shipped.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=paypal
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&kc=&oc=zune

TigerIze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TigerIze

Wow... Woot has surprised me finally. Touche. Now if only I hadn't already bought a media player from woot about a month and a half ago i'd be wooting this. Nice deal. $229 in retail stores. No this isn't a Bandolier of Carrots

legacystation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages legacystation

I really wish I could figure out why everyone like minature tv's.

Too Much Stuff

jrs1980

quality posts: 33 Private Messages jrs1980
winduvscry wrote:Does woot EVER have an ipod?

You're never going to find a new iPod retailing for anything other than the srp. They don't need to lower the price for people to buy it.

I keep running that SNL quote through my head.

On Tuesday, Microsoft introduced its own version of the iPod, called Zune. As in, "Hey! Your Zune isn't as cool as my iPod!"
Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

hunter7411

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hunter7411

Hells yes! I have been shopping around for a zune. Too bad this isnt a black one, but I cant be too picky for a I haven't bathed in days! price for a NEW one! Thanks woot!!!

Heymisterg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg
liammc wrote:Must the software be loaded to transfer the files ?

I mean when it says it plays mpeg-4 files as most do now require you to use there converting software. Is this the case ?

yes!

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

murphicus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages murphicus
sum1inkali wrote:white color??

beige? *lulz*

A frind has one and it's OK, but a pain is that if you unhook the headphones, it does not stop playing - like iPods & Walkman do...

"Friendship is like peeing your pants,
Everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

sherndon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherndon

I would rather have this than an ipod, I don't really care who its made by as long at it works.

Anyone know if it handles DRM in an acceptable way?

bryan06529

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryan06529

lulz @ pic

marto1998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marto1998

... a sure sign that MS have officially lost the first round of the battle for the successful antiPod

melancholy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melancholy

GAH! I wanted to get a Zune, but ended up getting an iPod instead. If I knew Woot was going to have one two weeks later, I would have waited!

RyogaHibiki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RyogaHibiki
steinhof wrote:Are you kidding me? You've never see an iPod on woot, because Apple moves product without having to discount. Microsoft is trying to dump these things because they suck balls.

Too bad they're not dumping the brown ones. That would be appropriate.

Woot has definitely sold Ipods in the past. I think they were the HP-branded Ipods.

syntax1269

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntax1269

at one point in time i ws considering on getting this, but after a fried had one, and i started to play with it, i jsut got bored and now don't want it. but all in all it is a solid woot for the price.

midman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midman

Seriously, i this mac compatible? bogocrap. The woot off is near so save your loot for a better woot!

dgfait

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dgfait

will it work with all of my ipod accessories?

msiedlecki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msiedlecki
murphicus wrote:beige? *lulz*

A frind has one and it's OK, but a pain is that if you unhook the headphones, it does not stop playing - like iPods & Walkman do...

Not true. I have one and it does in fact stop playing if you unhook the headphones.

firstkipchak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firstkipchak
jayzhou99 wrote:looks nice too bad a psp can do better

except the psp is 250 bucks plus 2gb max, = 325 bucks if you get a good deal.
this woot is a good deal (even though the zune is a mediocre player).
if your looking for an alternative, look at an archos 305.

cforrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cforrest

http://www.google.com/products?q=JS8-00002&btnG=Search+Products&scoring=p

zybergoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zybergoat

Not a bad deal, but I like my iPod far too much to move to this. Besides, I've heard horror stories about the software Microsoft uses to update it (I know, you can use other software).

However, I do like the Smiths reference in the blog post title. :-)

liammc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages liammc
Heymisterg wrote:yes!

Do you know what format it converts to ?

The tree leaves are dead.

Heymisterg

jonnysun wrote:To me Zune is an expensive garbage.
But good deal anyway..

Naw the ipod is more pulse zune has a biger screen

~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite

DD4eVeR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DD4eVeR

pros: cheap(on woot), huge screen, easy to use
cons: lack of online content to download, all videos must be converted to wmv for the player to play and converting process takes forever.

I personally chose Creative Zen over this, and I'm glad I did because of the divx/xvid playback of Zen.

If you're buying this for listening to mp3, go for it. Video? try something else.

Pass.

Jsblair17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jsblair17

Yeah i was going to buy one (this is a great price) but I am waiting for Gen 2 which is supposed to be soon before christmas

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette

I had just bought a MP3 player last week from target with 4gb for about $125. Returning it tomorrow... Im in for 1....

americangame

quality posts: 1 Private Messages americangame

Holy frick Fark was right!

defibrillator

quality posts: 18 Private Messages defibrillator

can this be mounted on the desktop so that it appears as an external USB storage device?

rex1959

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rex1959

been waiting for a great price on the Zune, In for one :-)

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

i just got that sansa that i will play with for awhile.

but i bet all these will sell out, just so people can re-sell them

seems to be hella deal.

metanoia29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metanoia29

Dang, I wish I had waited until now to get one. Then again, mine was a Christmas gift so it doesn't really matter... hehe.

Anyway, anyone who bad-mouths the Zune obviously hasn't used one before. Everyone I know with one loves it and I wouldn't choose any other media player over my Zune. Just don't listen to everyone who's afraid that this player may actually be better than their trendy little ipods.

Gripe

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Gripe

Apparently Foot Powder Odor Guard Repeals Shark!

Heymisterg

DD4eVeR wrote:pros: cheap(on woot), huge screen, easy to use
cons: lack of online content to download, all videos must be converted to wmv for the player to play and converting process takes forever.

I personally chose Creative Zen over this, and I'm glad I did because of the divx/xvid playback of Zen.

If you're buying this for listening to mp3, go for it. Video? try something else.

Pass.

yea it dose have to converted but it don't take they long if its not a hold movie.

~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite

cozmikegg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cozmikegg

Sidenote: The brown Zune actually does kind of look like a turd.

This thing plays AAC files, so if your iPod is dead, like mine...and my girlfriend's then this is good alternative. Sharing songs is hoaky, but the interface is decent. My only complaint is that they are a little bulky.

And for those of you who complain that it is not Mac compatible, then now's the time to kick yourself for buying a Mac, even if it is trendy and beautiful.

p00b0x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p00b0x

Hah! now i have a reason to buy those headphones woot! has been trying to get rid of

epic lulz!

Why must we all have signatures filled with other peoples quotes?

zikzak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages zikzak

Nice reference to The Smiths in the description title.
But why use such a depressing song to sell a Zune? Oh wait...it will turn you into one of those black-clad hipsters in the Zune ads. Got it. Squirt away!

legacystation wrote:I really wish I could figure out why everyone like minature tv's.

Normal-sized TVs are too hard to fit in your seat during a crowded transit commute.

xbFIFTEEN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xbFIFTEEN
steinhof wrote:...Microsoft is trying to dump these things because they suck balls.

Too bad they're not dumping the brown ones. That would be appropriate.

dumping the brown ones...i love it! epic lulz!!

huantino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages huantino

Does anyone have one of these and actually like it? How does it compare with the ipod?

legacystation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages legacystation

Would someone honestly tell me how much they watch a 3" TV? Is there not enough TV to watch at home?

Too Much Stuff

expickwickmoose

quality posts: 1 Private Messages expickwickmoose
murphicus wrote:beige? *lulz*

mmmmm Yes it does.

syntax1269

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntax1269
defibrillator wrote:can this be mounted on the desktop so that it appears as an external USB storage device?

that's my question. if i can't hook it up to a buddys computer to x-fer some files then i'll pass.

infallible

quality posts: 7 Private Messages infallible

Ballsasaurus Rex. I've been thinking about getting one of these, but the $250 tag was too much for now. Getting it for a cool C-note cheaper is awesome, but I promised myself to cut down on my spending.

But I could hold everything, and I wanted a Zune over an iPod anyway. (Think different, get a Zune. I don't need your hipster iPod.)

Gah. Can't go to bed until I decide...

19 www.Woots / 1 tech.Woot / 1 wine.Woots / 13 shirt.Woots / 6 sellout.Woots