Back to Amazon.com

legacystation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages legacystation
zikzak wrote:Nice reference to The Smiths in the description title.
But why use such a depressing song to sell a Zune? Oh wait...it will turn you into one of those black-clad hipsters in the Zune ads. Got it. Squirt away!

Normal-sized TVs are too hard to fit in your seat during a crowded transit commute.

Did everyone give up on reading? I know it sounds nerdy but no batteries required.

Too Much Stuff

KeplerNiko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KeplerNiko

What tools. If the Zune weren't suffering so much in the market, maybe this would be a good deal.

BUT the iPod scroll wheel, the compatibility with BOTH Mac and XP, and the general awesomeness of Macs means that this is a hands-down Woot--no buy.

It's scary that Microsoft is working behind-the-scenes to move this product. it's really not that great.

tighty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tighty

Bought 2 of these last Christmas at Sharper Image ($249.00 a piece) the kids love them. Finding accessories is a bit of a challenge. Once in awhile you'll see stuff at Target or Wal-Mart but its not cheap.

ralphk917

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralphk917

Hmmmmmmmm......
BestBuy dumps it's iPods 2 weekends ago....
(although the Zune at BestBuy is still $250)
MS is dumping the Zune.....

.....iPod Gen 6 anyone? ..in 3, 2, 1....

....and I"ve got a Philips GoGear 30GB, which plays well, but is still a clunky TinyWindows interface. Don't know what it has to think so hard about all the time; maybe reporting my every action to the Borg mothership. Do you hear me Bill? You may be a rich SOB, but your bloatware still sucks. Apple's got it together. With all due respect to Woot!, I wouldn't use this if YOU paid ME $150.

thebabyhuey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebabyhuey

Here's a blog with links to stories about difficulties installing the Zune.
http://www.triosommeil.com/mt/archives/2006_11.html

Never have I been prouder! My first 'First Sucker' title!! I need help though as I am a Woot! addict...

jayzhou99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jayzhou99

seriously people evena psp is only 169 now a days why zune or ipod?

Referral linking/advertising/scams not permitted.

Heymisterg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg
legacystation wrote:Would someone honestly tell me how much they watch a 3" TV? Is there not enough TV to watch at home?

Wen im at work.

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

dhlolds1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dhlolds1
coolcool23 wrote:It's a good deal if you like music players that aren't very popular.
And have trouble playing some songs.
And that delete transferred music in three plays or three days.
If you can find another user that is.

I'll just be content with my $25 30GB IPod that plays all of my music that I won, thanks.

I'll just be content with my $25 30GB IPod that plays all of my music that I won, thanks.???????? $25 ????????? you must be high.............

the man who knows how will always have a job. The man who also knows why will always be his boss

legacystation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages legacystation
Heymisterg wrote:Wen im at work.

Now that is starting to make sense.

Too Much Stuff

IrieDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IrieDragon

I already own one. If only Microsoft didn't cripple it with the 3 days/3 plays copy protection.

Ozru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ozru

The drive inside sells for around $80 to $100, unless you go to the site that's selling it for the same price Woot is charging for the whole Zune.

Me, I'll stick with the giant brick of an RCA Lyra RD2780 that my wife got me from Woot last year. And when the drive fails, maybe I'll just use one of the 6 other MP3 players we got from Woot already.

Nytron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nytron

im happy with my ns-dv4g insignia player i got off woot a few weeks back, man was that a good deal for $60

plug and play, microsd expandable memory, good stuff

otherwise i'd consider this

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

I can't believe that gates signed of on that wheel...what a unflatery piece of design.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

tms10000

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tms10000

I paid 145 for an 20GB iRiver Re-furb (a woot purchase), so 30GB for 150, and new, good deal.

Zune is probably good enough for someone like me: play mp3. No WMA or DRM crapola. Plain old mp3 ripped from CDs. If you don't have high expectations, you won't be disappointed. Otherwise get an iPod, for the price, even if you're not disappointed, you'll convince yourself you're happy.

steinhof

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steinhof
RyogaHibiki wrote:Woot has definitely sold Ipods in the past. I think they were the HP-branded Ipods.

Funny, I thought I said, "Because APPLE moves products". And while the HP iPod was created by Apple...it did, afterall have the HP name on it...

Look, I have nothing against Microsoft. In fact, I think they make very good Macintosh software. The reason the iPod is the ease of use of the iPod UI and the simple way it interfaces with iTunes software. I've owned other players, and have tried to save money that way, but in the end it comes down to the amount of time it takes to get songs on my mp3 player, and the amount of time it takes to find the song I want to hear on my mp3 player. And that's why Apple has cornered the market.

RobertBruce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RobertBruce

The best thing about this: itunes won't have you by the balls.

Coolmatt49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coolmatt49
herwilf wrote:has anyone found a way to get these to work on a mac yet?

The only way I can think of to get this to work on a Mac is to install Parallels and run the Zune software off of it.

w00t!

PhilHartman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhilHartman

I knew I shouldn't have bought one last week! Oh well, got it cheap enough anyway. And black.

And for those wondering why you should get a Zune over an iPod, it's simple: Zune Pass.

$15 bucks a month and you can download whatever you want. Combine that with a car cd player with an aux jack and you're golden.

And this is coming from a guy that loves music and has had 8 iPods beginning with the clickwheel generation.

zjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zjr
someguy184 wrote:Awesome deal. Great product. I've had my Zune for 10 months now, and I love it. The bigger screen makes watching movies on it more comfortable than an iPod. Why support Apple? I don't.

Why support Apple? If you buy this, then you should ask yourself "Why support the richest man in the world?!"

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever" -Gandhi

syntax1269

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntax1269
IrieDragon wrote:I already own one. If only Microsoft didn't cripple it with the 3 days/3 plays copy protection.

3 dayz / 3 plays? hu? what is that? i am starting to like this less and less

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

I sold my 60 gig video ipod to someone at work for 100$ after I got the Iphone.thats how good the Iphone is.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

mizubunshin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mizubunshin

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a long Microsoft Vs. Apple day...

Mac Compatible?

Heymisterg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg
TAYLORT5 wrote:I sold my 60 gig video ipod to someone at work for 100$ after IO got the Iphone...thats how good it is.

lulz

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

amatador

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amatador
elpepe wrote:i have heard bad things about the zune in general... oh well, at least there will be a woot off tomorrow

Where did you hear about this? I didn't see a newsletter.

kbolling2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbolling2

My wife loves her Zune.. Its actually feels comfortable in your hand.. I bought from ebay for $150 6 months ago.. Good deal then & now..

Here is a lenghty but good review

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/15/zune-review/

oh yeah another great site ...

http://www.zunescene.com/

murphicus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages murphicus

[Are you kidding me? You've never see an iPod on woot, because Apple moves product without having to discount. Microsoft is trying to dump these things because they suck balls.

quote postid="1502885" user="steinhof"]Too bad they're not dumping the brown ones. That would be appropriate.[/quote]

*LMAO*

"Friendship is like peeing your pants,
Everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

twibs415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twibs415

finally iv wanted one of these for soo long thanks woot

-zune (white)
-ka-boom
-Yokohama

purger00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purger00

nice woot...too bad i got the 60gb gigabeat from here already

bwgrady

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bwgrady

I'll try to make it easy for you. I bought one in January and it was easily the best tech purchase I made this year. It's very easy to use, reliable, and fast. The only shortcomings are the Zune software and the battery life. They really should have just let you use Windows Media Player to control the Zune. The battery life isn't that bad, but it is is not as good as it could be (about 10 hours from my experience). Hope this helps.

infallible wrote:Ballsasaurus Rex. I've been thinking about getting one of these, but the $250 tag was too much for now. Getting it for a cool C-note cheaper is awesome, but I promised myself to cut down on my spending.

But I could hold everything, and I wanted a Zune over an iPod anyway. (Think different, get a Zune. I don't need your hipster iPod.)

Gah. Can't go to bed until I decide...

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004
craigf wrote:For a Zune? This is still about $100 too much.

Be very careful with what you say about Zune. Bill Gates monitors all interweb traffic... at ALL times... i'm sure a flag went up at the compound off Lake Washington with all the hate coming from this forum... Dear woot, if i were you, i'd delete all posts badmouthing any MS product... lest you may be sucked into one of the various pits of death, which I'm sure mr. gates has mobile under the earth's surface... be careful.

... man, a little overboard on that one... my bad.... nite nite kiddies... hehe.

I used to do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it was useful.

Hikimbi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hikimbi

I prefer my Zen Creative widescreen player, myself.

jterranella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jterranella

Bootcamp or Parallels

JYoung

quality posts: 6 Private Messages JYoung
RobertBruce wrote:The best thing about this: itunes won't have you by the balls.

No, the Zune software will have you by the balls.

It's a perfectly serviceble player (but the screen is the same resolution as the iPod Video) but it's made lame by the DRM, the Zune software, and the extortion fee of $1 that's paid to Universal Music Group.

Well, we'll see if the Anti-Apple crowd puts up or shuts up on this.

jburbage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jburbage

I would already own a Zune, but it doesn't support PlaysForSure DRM'ed files.

The day I can play my Napster files on a Zune is the day I buy a Zune.

njkrut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njkrut

Track Woot posting a second time with useful Price Graber, Amazon and Groogle Links

Apparently "Useful Blog" Girl's Site can stay even though she doesn't even buy woot items but mine can't. Interesting. =(

trekmiss

quality posts: 9 Private Messages trekmiss
legacystation wrote:I really wish I could figure out why everyone like minature tv's.

Ever taken a very long international flight? These are great for passing the time on the airplane.

jewahe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jewahe

Just a question...several people has said that the Zune only allows 3 plays/3 days before crippling playback. Does that apply across the board (for example, to MP3 files), or just to copy protected music?

My Creative Zen player died recently, and I really miss it. It's going to cost me as much as this deal to get it fixed, so I was wondering if it is worth the price.

Thanks!

--
JWH

Coolmatt49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coolmatt49
syntax1269 wrote:3 dayz / 3 plays? hu? what is that? i am starting to like this less and less

When you share songs over wireless, the person receiving the song can only play the song up to three times within three days and then you have to either buy it or delete it.

w00t!

crietmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crietmann
defibrillator wrote:can this be mounted on the desktop so that it appears as an external USB storage device?

Yep, it's a registry hack you can google.

wwjdxtl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwjdxtl

You can transfer songs wireless, but when you receive a song, you can only play it 3 times. The song will also be unplayable in 3 days. Kinda sucks but its basically a free trial song with an expiration date.