Back to Amazon.com
+ Add a Comment

rockysjewel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockysjewel

I have an iPod Video since Jan and use it constantly and LOVE it. They are NOT pieces of crap


Whippo wrote:Wait another 6 weeks for your battery to lose most of it's charge, or some other tragedy to befall your expensive yet cheaply made, style over substance, popular and useless ala Paris, mp3 player, then you'll be ready for an Archos (the best brand for economical AND durable players, I have one - Gmini 120 - that I bought YEARS ago that still holds a 6 hour charge).
Amburgers and WOOTbeer

ShizNate


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShizNate

I personally own a zune, and frankly, I love it. What I really hate is Mac-fanboys that just try to find a fault with every other MP3 out there, especially the Zune since it was made by their arch enemy... Microsoft. One thing I can say in Microsofts defense, and every other MP3 maker out there is that they need to price theirs lower and spend more on advertising, since a lot of unsavvy people who look at mp3s look at what their friends have, or what they've heard, like how iPod has become synonymis with MP3 player, so most kids/teens don't know the difference.

One thing I would really like to see changed on the zune is the software. I would really like to just use WMP, not have to smurf with a clone.

Also, iTunes is a crappy program as a media program. It uses a lot of resources (AMD dual core, 2 GBs RAM), and it has to open quicktime to play movies, which then uses more resources.

benz0rs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benz0rs

i got a 30gb ipod video.
i'm gonna sell it on ebay and get one these instead.

i hate apple. i hate itunes.

rockysjewel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockysjewel

EXCELLENT post. One of hte very few on here. The rest sound like a bunch of spoiled brats who jsut love to whine. iPODS are EXCELLENT !




HecticDMC wrote:Some of you people are such tools, I swear to god. Listen to yourselves, those of you that are promoting an inferior player over the superior player *simply because you don't LIKE Apple* for whatever deranged Microsoft fanboy reason you've got programmed into your brain. The Zune sucks ass. It really, really does - compared to other players. Sure, on it's own, it's perfectly fine. But if you try to actually, I don't know, COMPARE it to the other players out there, it's pretty damn poor. So poor in fact, that, well, look up the market share sometime. If Microsoft, the masters of marketing, can't make significant inroads against a device that retails for a few hundred dollars more than their product, that's saying a lot.

The irony of the Windows people complaining about the iPod, a device that just works, when they're supporters of the buggiest operating system in the world, is not lost on me.

Look through the past few pages here. Not a single person, not ONE, who insults the iPod can do it for any valid reason. It's all "iTunes won't have you by the balls if you buy a Zune" or other such nonsense. What does iTunes have to do with this? I get my music from Rhapsody (flat rate) and stick it on my iPod. I don't need to use iTunes at all.

Seriously, look at some of the quotes from you guys:

"Why support Apple, I don't" - why? Why not? If they make a superior product, why not buy it? What's with the blind loyalty - or blind hatred - for these companies? If the Zune were superior, that would be one thing... but it's not.

"now's the time to kick yourself for buying a Mac, even if it is trendy and beautiful" - trust me, lack of Zune compatibility isn't a reason to regret owning a Mac. That's like saying "oh, better move out of this 25 room mansion because my Hummer doesn't fit in the garage".

"[buying a Zune] Shows that you aren't a mindless person who gets an iPod simply because everyone else has one" - no, it shows that rather than buy the superior product, you'll plunk down money for the inferior one simply because the iPod is popular. So while you accuse people of going along with everyone else, you're doing the same thing in the other direction, going with the "rebel without a cause" crowd against what you perceive as the mainstream. Brilliant.

"Who cares? It doesn't use iTunes!" - and as I said already, neither does the iPod, if you don't want it to.

"Who wants an iPod with a cheap interface and clumsy inaccurate wheel for control? No thanks. Only mindless consumers who can't think for themselves." - what kind of nonsense is this? If you can't get used to the wheel, that's your problem. Several million people think it's just ducky. Mindless? Mindless is trashing Apple and the iPod *simply because it's popular* with no real concrete issues to complain about. Cheap interface... that's a nothing complaint. Doesn't mean anything. Define "cheap interface" please.

"militantly entrenched ipod crowd, you can never satisfy them" - what about the crowd that simply wants the best player? Can they be satisfied? I guarantee, as soon as a superior player comes along, the iPod users that you so vastly overrate will flock. It just hasn't happened yet.

"It's a shame Microsoft didn't market the Zune the way it deserved to be." - the sad thing is that they DID.They marketed the crap out of it until they realized that they weren't going to come even close to making a dent in the iPod market share. They eased up and decided to concentrate on the next generation - which will probably fail, too, but who knows?

The Zune is half the price of an iPod because it's half as good as an iPod, that's pretty much what it boils down to. And for the record, I own both Windows and Mac machines and use them both regularly - Windows for gaming, Mac for productivity. I have nothing against using Windows for the things it is better at... which is pretty much just gaming these days. Microsoft is at it's best when it buys existing products and tweaks them. When they try to actually invent something? Anyone remember Microsoft Bob? Sheesh.
Amburgers and WOOTbeer

rockysjewel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockysjewel

I dont dummy. I have all my CD's that I own on there Good grief


Heymisterg wrote:yea you just like paying for music!
Amburgers and WOOTbeer

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
HecticDMC wrote:Some of you people are such tools, I swear to god. Listen to yourselves, those of you that are promoting an inferior player over the superior player *simply because you don't LIKE Apple* for whatever deranged Microsoft fanboy reason you've got programmed into your brain. The Zune sucks ass. It really, really does - compared to other players. Sure, on it's own, it's perfectly fine. But if you try to actually, I don't know, COMPARE it to the other players out there, it's pretty damn poor. So poor in fact, that, well, look up the market share sometime. If Microsoft, the masters of marketing, can't make significant inroads against a device that retails for a few hundred dollars more than their product, that's saying a lot.
The irony of the Windows people complaining about the iPod, a device that just works, when they're supporters of the buggiest operating system in the world, is not lost on me.

Look through the past few pages here. Not a single person, not ONE, who insults the iPod can do it for any valid reason. It's all "iTunes won't have you by the balls if you buy a Zune" or other such nonsense. What does iTunes have to do with this? I get my music from Rhapsody (flat rate) and stick it on my iPod. I don't need to use iTunes at all.

Seriously, look at some of the quotes from you guys:

"Why support Apple, I don't" - why? Why not? If they make a superior product, why not buy it? What's with the blind loyalty - or blind hatred - for these companies? If the Zune were superior, that would be one thing... but it's not.

"now's the time to kick yourself for buying a Mac, even if it is trendy and beautiful" - trust me, lack of Zune compatibility isn't a reason to regret owning a Mac. That's like saying "oh, better move out of this 25 room mansion because my Hummer doesn't fit in the garage".

"[buying a Zune] Shows that you aren't a mindless person who gets an iPod simply because everyone else has one" - no, it shows that rather than buy the superior product, you'll plunk down money for the inferior one simply because the iPod is popular. So while you accuse people of going along with everyone else, you're doing the same thing in the other direction, going with the "rebel without a cause" crowd against what you perceive as the mainstream. Brilliant.

"Who cares? It doesn't use iTunes!" - and as I said already, neither does the iPod, if you don't want it to.

"Who wants an iPod with a cheap interface and clumsy inaccurate wheel for control? No thanks. Only mindless consumers who can't think for themselves." - what kind of nonsense is this? If you can't get used to the wheel, that's your problem. Several million people think it's just ducky. Mindless? Mindless is trashing Apple and the iPod *simply because it's popular* with no real concrete issues to complain about. Cheap interface... that's a nothing complaint. Doesn't mean anything. Define "cheap interface" please.

"militantly entrenched ipod crowd, you can never satisfy them" - what about the crowd that simply wants the best player? Can they be satisfied? I guarantee, as soon as a superior player comes along, the iPod users that you so vastly overrate will flock. It just hasn't happened yet.

"It's a shame Microsoft didn't market the Zune the way it deserved to be." - the sad thing is that they DID.They marketed the crap out of it until they realized that they weren't going to come even close to making a dent in the iPod market share. They eased up and decided to concentrate on the next generation - which will probably fail, too, but who knows?

The Zune is half the price of an iPod because it's half as good as an iPod, that's pretty much what it boils down to. And for the record, I own both Windows and Mac machines and use them both regularly - Windows for gaming, Mac for productivity. I have nothing against using Windows for the things it is better at... which is pretty much just gaming these days. Microsoft is at it's best when it buys existing products and tweaks them. When they try to actually invent something? Anyone remember Microsoft Bob? Sheesh.





you are a god , man
I bow to you unconditionally. then go pop open a beer .ahhhh well said.


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

rockysjewel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockysjewel

you don't HAVE to use iTunes. I thot all you supposedly knowledgeable geeks would know that. Um hello copy your DVDs and load them and copy your CO's and load them. HEY waht a novel idea !! ~DOH~


benz0rs wrote:i got a 30gb ipod video.
i'm gonna sell it on ebay and get one these instead.

i hate apple. i hate itunes.
Amburgers and WOOTbeer

smooney3


quality posts: 1 Private Messages smooney3
murphicus wrote:beige? *lulz*

A frind has one and it's OK, but a pain is that if you unhook the headphones, it does not stop playing - like iPods & Walkman do...



Um, yes it does, actually.

alecks7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alecks7

I have a 20gb ipod photo and bought this because its a decent price.
I love my ipod and just wanted to have a back up mp3 player or put different music on this so i can have a variety. I also have 2 cars so I can leave one in each car.

there's really nothing wrong with ipods. I would buy another ipod if it was on sale for $150

edit. My first woot btw woooot!

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
alecks7 wrote:I have a 20gb ipod photo and bought this because its a decent price.
I love my ipod and just wanted to have a back up mp3 player or put different music on this so i can have a variety. I also have 2 cars so I can leave one in each car.

there's really nothing wrong with ipods. I would buy another ipod if it was on sale for $150

edit. My first woot btw woooot!

wait this november when the touchscreen wide screen ipods do come out.


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

DWong88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DWong88

hey, i just confirmed all the information, but i still haven't gotten a confirmation email or under "your account" it still says that i've bought nothing, does this mean that i haven't purchased one???

murphicus


quality posts: 5 Private Messages murphicus

I have an iPod Video since Jan and use it constantly and LOVE it. They are NOT pieces of crap

Heymisterg wrote:yea you just like geting haveing your music be controld



Where's the feet? are you talking about?

I have bought about 200 of my songs through the iTunes music store - out of @ 15,000 songs in my library. And even those that I bought, I burned to CDs then converted to AAC or mp3. the rest are ripped CDs and mp3 downloads from other places.

For videos, you go to youtube and paste the URL into vixy.net and it converts it to .mp4

"Friendship is like peeing your pants,
Everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

ackmondual


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ackmondual
defibrillator wrote:can this be mounted on the desktop so that it appears as an external USB storage device?



http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/zune-30gb-black/4505-6490_7-32068976.html

The bad: The Microsoft Zune is not backward compatible with WMA-DRM9; weak native video support (cannot play protected content) and no video offerings from Zune Marketplace; cannot be used as a hard drive (and no UMS support); proprietary USB; cannot use Wi-Fi to sync, stream, or purchase content; minimal bundled accessories; no podcast directory; maximum capacity is 30GB.

marriage is the price men pay for sex
sex is the price women pay for marriage

boggle494


quality posts: 0 Private Messages boggle494

could care less about ipod vs. microsoft......need another player with 30gb. all i play is mp3 and wma that i convert from my own cd's......can i drag and drop to this device from explorer?.....any help would be appreciated

Heymisterg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg
boggle494 wrote:could care less about ipod vs. microsoft......need another player with 30gb. all i play is mp3 and wma that i convert from my own cd's......can i drag and drop to this device from explorer?.....any help would be appreciated



Naw you got use the sofwere

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

DorkusTaylorkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DorkusTaylorkus
HecticDMC wrote:Blah blah blah blah...



I don't know about anyone else but I don't dislike the iPod because I love microsoft and windows, I dislike the iPod because I know a thing or two about the difference between a good product and good marketing. The iPod being the latter. If the iPod is better than EVERY other product out there as you seem to believe, then why did the Gigabeat get BETTER scores than the iPod in all aspects when CNET compared them side-by-side? Perhaps you are the blind, mindless consumer afterall.

And by the way, in what possible way could supporting Windows sway your opinion about the iPod? That's just silly. That's like saying someone can't love cheese because they enjoy soda. See how ridiculous that last sentence was? My point exactly.

pen25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pen25
HecticDMC wrote:Some of you people are such tools, I swear to god. Listen to yourselves, those of you that are promoting an inferior player over the superior player *simply because you don't LIKE Apple* for whatever deranged Microsoft fanboy reason you've got programmed into your brain. The Zune sucks ass. It really, really does - compared to other players. Sure, on it's own, it's perfectly fine. But if you try to actually, I don't know, COMPARE it to the other players out there, it's pretty damn poor. So poor in fact, that, well, look up the market share sometime. If Microsoft, the masters of marketing, can't make significant inroads against a device that retails for a few hundred dollars more than their product, that's saying a lot.

The irony of the Windows people complaining about the iPod, a device that just works, when they're supporters of the buggiest operating system in the world, is not lost on me.

Look through the past few pages here. Not a single person, not ONE, who insults the iPod can do it for any valid reason. It's all "iTunes won't have you by the balls if you buy a Zune" or other such nonsense. What does iTunes have to do with this? I get my music from Rhapsody (flat rate) and stick it on my iPod. I don't need to use iTunes at all.

Seriously, look at some of the quotes from you guys:

"Why support Apple, I don't" - why? Why not? If they make a superior product, why not buy it? What's with the blind loyalty - or blind hatred - for these companies? If the Zune were superior, that would be one thing... but it's not.

"now's the time to kick yourself for buying a Mac, even if it is trendy and beautiful" - trust me, lack of Zune compatibility isn't a reason to regret owning a Mac. That's like saying "oh, better move out of this 25 room mansion because my Hummer doesn't fit in the garage".

"[buying a Zune] Shows that you aren't a mindless person who gets an iPod simply because everyone else has one" - no, it shows that rather than buy the superior product, you'll plunk down money for the inferior one simply because the iPod is popular. So while you accuse people of going along with everyone else, you're doing the same thing in the other direction, going with the "rebel without a cause" crowd against what you perceive as the mainstream. Brilliant.

"Who cares? It doesn't use iTunes!" - and as I said already, neither does the iPod, if you don't want it to.

"Who wants an iPod with a cheap interface and clumsy inaccurate wheel for control? No thanks. Only mindless consumers who can't think for themselves." - what kind of nonsense is this? If you can't get used to the wheel, that's your problem. Several million people think it's just ducky. Mindless? Mindless is trashing Apple and the iPod *simply because it's popular* with no real concrete issues to complain about. Cheap interface... that's a nothing complaint. Doesn't mean anything. Define "cheap interface" please.

"militantly entrenched ipod crowd, you can never satisfy them" - what about the crowd that simply wants the best player? Can they be satisfied? I guarantee, as soon as a superior player comes along, the iPod users that you so vastly overrate will flock. It just hasn't happened yet.

"It's a shame Microsoft didn't market the Zune the way it deserved to be." - the sad thing is that they DID.They marketed the crap out of it until they realized that they weren't going to come even close to making a dent in the iPod market share. They eased up and decided to concentrate on the next generation - which will probably fail, too, but who knows?

The Zune is half the price of an iPod because it's half as good as an iPod, that's pretty much what it boils down to. And for the record, I own both Windows and Mac machines and use them both regularly - Windows for gaming, Mac for productivity. I have nothing against using Windows for the things it is better at... which is pretty much just gaming these days. Microsoft is at it's best when it buys existing products and tweaks them. When they try to actually invent something? Anyone remember Microsoft Bob? Sheesh.



id have to disagree. i have owned both the ipod and the zune. kept neither. why? cause they both BOTH suck ass. the thing is apple didnt invent the mp3 player. it just made one that worked decent. I actually have a sansa and love the lil 8gig player i paid 140 for. and yes i do listen to the radio. but come on apple sucks ass and so does the zune. now when they actually make an 8gig microsd ill just use my kaiser when it gets released and i buy it.

pika2000


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pika2000

Can the Zune:
-do gapless playback?
-display kanji/unicode characters?

The larger screen would be great for video podcasts, but I think it only support WMV at 320x240, meaning pretty much almost everything available online would have to be transcoded. I hate transcoding, it's a waste of time.

mortong


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mortong
steinhof wrote:Are you kidding me? You've never see an iPod on woot, because Apple moves product without having to discount. Microsoft is trying to dump these things because they suck balls.

Too bad they're not dumping the brown ones. That would be appropriate.



Apple does discount heavily when a new gen is released, just like Microsoft is doing within a month or two.

Heymisterg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg
pika2000 wrote:Can the Zune:
-do gapless playback?
-display kanji/unicode characters?

The larger screen would be great for video podcasts, but I think it only support WMV at 320x240, meaning pretty much almost everything available online would have to be transcoded. I hate transcoding, it's a waste of time.



if you get the wondershare softere you can covert to wmp mp4 or others

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
murphicus wrote:I have an iPod Video since Jan and use it constantly and LOVE it. They are NOT pieces of crap


Where's the feet? are you talking about?

I have bought about 200 of my songs through the iTunes music store - out of @ 15,000 songs in my library. And even those that I bought, I burned to CDs then converted to AAC or mp3. the rest are ripped CDs and mp3 downloads from other places.
For videos, you go to youtube and paste the URL into vixy.net and it converts it to .mp4

HEY hey !!! thanks for that info...Much appreceated.


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Tsuchiro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tsuchiro
zyxomma100 wrote:Oh wow. At first I thought, "Why? I can get this cheaper somewhere else." Then I realized... this is $150, not $250.

Worth every penny. A more than worthy adversary to the iPod. If I were to make a comparison:

Pros:
-Doesn't use iTunes.
-Radio
-Bigger screen, can flip view 90 degrees.
-Shows that you aren't a mindless person who gets an iPod simply because everyone else has one.
-Who cares? It doesn't use iTunes!

Cons:
-Can't use it as file storage.

I'd still prefer the Gigabeat or the Archos 404, but at this price the Zune wins.



you acutally can use it as a file storage you just need to play with the registry a little

Vector Rechargable E-Brite Light,Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player,Delphi USB 2.0 Lighted Cable - 4-Pack

kchung


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kchung
steinhof wrote:Are you kidding me? You've never see an iPod on woot, because Apple moves product without having to discount. Microsoft is trying to dump these things because they suck balls.

Too bad they're not dumping the brown ones. That would be appropriate.



I believe you're wrong. Woot has had ipods on several occasions.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=7939

ackmondual


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ackmondual
legacystation wrote:Would someone honestly tell me how much they watch a 3" TV? Is there not enough TV to watch at home?



THINK. For you and me, that may be the much more appealing option, but but yourself in someone else's shoes..... you have a 90 minute commute on trains, metros, and buses to get to work. U work 10 hours a day. Now you have another 90 minute commute to get back home. You have about 3 to 6 hours before u need to get back to work the next morning. With all the stuff one needs to do in life outside of work, that doiesn't leave alot of TV time on the actual tube

marriage is the price men pay for sex
sex is the price women pay for marriage

tnek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnek
HecticDMC wrote:Some of you people are such tools, I swear to god. Listen to yourselves, those of you that are promoting an inferior player over the superior player *simply because you don't LIKE Apple* for whatever deranged Microsoft fanboy reason you've got programmed into your brain. The Zune sucks ass. It really, really does - compared to other players. Sure, on it's own, it's perfectly fine. But if you try to actually, I don't know, COMPARE it to the other players out there, it's pretty damn poor. So poor in fact, that, well, look up the market share sometime. If Microsoft, the masters of marketing, can't make significant inroads against a device that retails for a few hundred dollars more than their product, that's saying a lot.

The irony of the Windows people complaining about the iPod, a device that just works, when they're supporters of the buggiest operating system in the world, is not lost on me.

Look through the past few pages here. Not a single person, not ONE, who insults the iPod can do it for any valid reason. It's all "iTunes won't have you by the balls if you buy a Zune" or other such nonsense. What does iTunes have to do with this? I get my music from Rhapsody (flat rate) and stick it on my iPod. I don't need to use iTunes at all.

Seriously, look at some of the quotes from you guys:

"Why support Apple, I don't" - why? Why not? If they make a superior product, why not buy it? What's with the blind loyalty - or blind hatred - for these companies? If the Zune were superior, that would be one thing... but it's not.

"now's the time to kick yourself for buying a Mac, even if it is trendy and beautiful" - trust me, lack of Zune compatibility isn't a reason to regret owning a Mac. That's like saying "oh, better move out of this 25 room mansion because my Hummer doesn't fit in the garage".

"[buying a Zune] Shows that you aren't a mindless person who gets an iPod simply because everyone else has one" - no, it shows that rather than buy the superior product, you'll plunk down money for the inferior one simply because the iPod is popular. So while you accuse people of going along with everyone else, you're doing the same thing in the other direction, going with the "rebel without a cause" crowd against what you perceive as the mainstream. Brilliant.

"Who cares? It doesn't use iTunes!" - and as I said already, neither does the iPod, if you don't want it to.

"Who wants an iPod with a cheap interface and clumsy inaccurate wheel for control? No thanks. Only mindless consumers who can't think for themselves." - what kind of nonsense is this? If you can't get used to the wheel, that's your problem. Several million people think it's just ducky. Mindless? Mindless is trashing Apple and the iPod *simply because it's popular* with no real concrete issues to complain about. Cheap interface... that's a nothing complaint. Doesn't mean anything. Define "cheap interface" please.

"militantly entrenched ipod crowd, you can never satisfy them" - what about the crowd that simply wants the best player? Can they be satisfied? I guarantee, as soon as a superior player comes along, the iPod users that you so vastly overrate will flock. It just hasn't happened yet.

"It's a shame Microsoft didn't market the Zune the way it deserved to be." - the sad thing is that they DID.They marketed the crap out of it until they realized that they weren't going to come even close to making a dent in the iPod market share. They eased up and decided to concentrate on the next generation - which will probably fail, too, but who knows?

The Zune is half the price of an iPod because it's half as good as an iPod, that's pretty much what it boils down to. And for the record, I own both Windows and Mac machines and use them both regularly - Windows for gaming, Mac for productivity. I have nothing against using Windows for the things it is better at... which is pretty much just gaming these days. Microsoft is at it's best when it buys existing products and tweaks them. When they try to actually invent something? Anyone remember Microsoft Bob? Sheesh.



Apple better than MS... Oh yes you are correct... and that is why most all software runs on MS. That is why MS has developed a Apple emulator, and that is why most of the computers sold are Apple, that is why the founder of Apple is the richest man in the world (uh 2nd richest man in the world). That is why 1 original share of Apple stock has grown so much more than MS. Yup, you are correct.

Zune is a great product... as with computers in a few years the market will tell us all which brand is the most popular and most widely used.

Get the Zune, you will like it.

Heymisterg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg
Tsuchiro wrote:you acutally can use it as a file storage you just need to play with the registry a little



How can you tell me?

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

pyrophire


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyrophire

All I have to say is DRM.

If you dont know what it is, you have no clue about MP3/Media Players.

Heymisterg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg
pyrophire wrote:All I have to say is DRM.

If you dont know what it is, you have no clue about MP3/Media Players.



not all way true

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

Shale


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Shale

The DRM only applies to music you buy through the MS store or download directly from another Zune. Who cares?

Andrew126


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andrew126

Hey everyone, i just ordered one zune previously and now i want to order another one.. how do i change the quantity from 1 to 2 zunes? thanks everyone

murphicus


quality posts: 5 Private Messages murphicus
smooney3 wrote:Um, yes it does, actually.



Someone else mentioned that. It did not on my friends Zune.

"Friendship is like peeing your pants,
Everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

murphicus


quality posts: 5 Private Messages murphicus
Andrew126 wrote:Hey everyone, i just ordered one zune previously and now i want to order another one.. how do i change the quantity from 1 to 2 zunes? thanks everyone



Open another account - or try emailing service@woot.com

"Friendship is like peeing your pants,
Everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

DWong88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DWong88

Hey, does anyone know when it'll say that I've boughten something from woot under the "your account" page??? Thanks for any help

mortong


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mortong
pyrophire wrote:All I have to say is DRM.

If you dont know what it is, you have no clue about MP3/Media Players.



I have a great hack for getting around DRM.

Step 1: Skip online stores.
Step 2: Buy the actual albums.
Step 3: Rip the cd.
Step 4: Listen to the music and actually OWN a copy rather than renting it.

Heymisterg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg

If you going to buy from the zune store keep geting from them it dont wokk both ways.

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

ackmondual


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ackmondual
jayzhou99 wrote:seriously people evena psp is only 169 now a days why zune or ipod?



$150 for the 30GB Zune for about 30GB
vs
$169 for the PSP + $400 to $600 for enough 2GB to 8GB Memstick Pro Duo cards to get around 30GB

== $150 vs $520 to $720..... not to mention all those expansion cards you need to tote around with and replace to access all your media. Behold the power of math!

marriage is the price men pay for sex
sex is the price women pay for marriage

ensiferum2k


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensiferum2k

this is a steal!
The zune is an incredibly sounding player and has a great gui.
my only complaint is its not compatible with a lot of codecs but hopefully rockbox will change that in the future. don't let the ipod fanboys fool you, it's a wonderful player.

zune+er4p=heaven

Heymisterg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg
ensiferum2k wrote:this is a steal!
The zune is an incredibly sounding player and has a great gui.
my only complaint is its not compatible with a lot of codecs but hopefully rockbox will change that in the future. don't let the ipod fanboys fool you, it's a wonderful player.

zune+er4p=heaven



codic what are you trying to do?

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

rizzuh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rizzuh

HecticDMC:

who are you to claim which is the superior player? have you even used a zune before? i have a 5.5g ipod and my brother has a zune, and i feel that the zune is superior out of the two. after using the zune, the ipod's UI feels very outdated, and my brother has not had any problems with the zune whatsoever. for me, the ipod's scrollwheel is not very accurate and you can often scroll past what you are trying to select. the zune's controls are accurate and do exactly what you need it to. after using my brother's zune, my ipod's screen looks TINY and it's way more of a strain on my eyes. what exactly are you basing your assumption that the ipod is the superior player on? that it's "half as good as an ipod"? "oh just because it has a bigger market share, it's the SUPERIOR player." rofl, who's the tool now? yeah there are some fanboys that buy and promote the zune just because it's not an ipod, but half the reason why the zune isn't successful is because of the idiots who go "OMG IT'Z NOT AN IPOD IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP." please, enlighten me on why the ipod is "twice as good" as the zune. so who are the tools? IMO it's half of the silly goose zune haters who have never even USED a zune before to base their opinion on it.

firstkipchak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages firstkipchak

theres one major flaw in the zune.
the marketplace.
its completly empty.
no podcast, videos, etc, and verry little music.
and ripping cds is a pain in the but, and you have to pay for all the songs.