quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628
Gabemax wrote:maybe...

?

creepy man.

adamant628

OK, here is proof of the TV:

and proof it is from woot:

And no, I didn't scrape off my address to prevent you pervs from finding me, fedex did that themselves! This box has quite a beating put to it.

adamant628

I haven't unpacked the TV since I have no idea where to put it. Tiny house with one large TV already! And I don't even have cable...

I will probably be looking to see if some family or friends would want it.

Anyway...
inside the box I did find another envelope. Inside that envelope was a letter, I think you should be able to read it. But don't yet, it will ruin the next surprise:

Gabemax

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gabemax
adamant628 wrote:creepy man.

Yeah, it is a little creepy...

adamant628

A headband..but surely that is the #36 that I received earlier...

That's right, I'm #1.

adamant628

Gabemax wrote:Yeah, it is a little creepy...

and how did you find that picture of me in the monkey suit??

7lords

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 7lords

Nice Haul!

Gabemax

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gabemax
adamant628 wrote:and how did you find that picture of me in the monkey suit??

The monkey suit itself is what's creepy, of course, not the fact that some random w00ter dude can look up someone's image so easily...

On another note, I think it's appropriate that I'm the one here inadvertently spoiling your big reveal, since I was such a big proponent of the headband thing all along.

I still think it's awesome. Congrats on the coveted #1!

mikebbass

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mikebbass
adamant628 wrote:

That's right, I'm #1.

Very awesome haul. Congrats man!!! See you in the next forum!!!!

Bags Of Crap
  1. Who wants Black Friday Crap? 11/24/2017
  2. Happy Birthday 7/26/2017
  3. Bag o' Crap V 12/12/2016
  4. Crappos 07/12/2016
  5. Bag o' Crap #1+2: Latrina 01/04/2016
  6. Have you Gotten a 2016 Crap? 01/27/2016
  7. Almost the Last Crap of the Year 12/29/2015
  8. Crap, I'm Stuffed 11/26/2015
  9. The Haunted Crap 10/28/2015
  10. Bureau of the Craps 7/14/2015
  11. The Craps of Hazard 5/27/2015
  12. The Wind Craps Mary 5/12/2015
  13. Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Craps 2/11/2015
  14. the-big-crap-theory 1/20/2015
  15. 10,000 Craps Under the Sea 11/29/2014
  16. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  17. Basket of Cranberries 7/11/2014
  18. (Hand)Basket of Cranberries 3/23/2014
  19. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  20. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  21. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  22. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  23. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  24. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  25. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  26. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  27. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  28. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  29. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  30. Basket of Cranberries 03/22/12
  31. Basket of Cranberries 01/19/12
  32. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  33. Basket of Cranberries 12/06/11
  34. Basket of Cranberries 11/09/11
  35. Basket of Cranberries 07/12/11
  36. Basket of Cranberries 06/15/11
  37. Random Crap 09/22/10
  38. Random Crap 08/20/10
  39. Random Crap 04/14/10
  40. Random Crap 01/28/10
  41. Random Crap 09/24/08
  42. Random Crap 04/01/08

bsmith1

quality posts: 154 Private Messages bsmith1
adamant628 wrote:And no, I didn't scrape off my address to prevent you pervs from finding me, fedex did that themselves!

Rats! My barcode scanner gets nothing from those bar codes... Someday, someday...

mgullick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgullick
adamant628 wrote:

That's right, I'm #1.

==========================================

Holy C R A P!

You hit the WOOT! lottery BIG TIME! The rest of us can only dream of making it to the big time the way you have. Seriously. I'm NOT being sarcastic here. I was guessing you had maybe scored an actual Bundle of Crops paper bag or something. Headband #1 is pretty freaking cool. (Don't get me wrong - a Bundle of Crops paper bag would also have been incredibly cool! Yes, I'm still being completely serious here. I'm a bit weird.)

Of course when I put on MY headband my wife started laughing out loud and comparing me to Richard Simmons...... NO FREAKING WAY! Richard Simmons is short, and slender, and "happy" seeming. I'm tall and fat and not at all "happy" seeming! I also can't jump around like he does -- see the FAT part of my description. Whatever....

Congratulations on your magnificent WOOT! score. TPW has indeed blessed you. First you had a superior Bindle of Carrots, then you got THE LETTER, and then you ended up with a telemevision and Headband #1. I'd say you've pretty much found the grail....

(Now we are left wondering who got headband #3000.......)

WOOT! Birthday Bindle of Carrots 7/12/11
Bindle of Carrots 6/15/11
Random Crap 12/1/10
Random Crap 12/9/09

w00t!

rotflol

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rotflol
adamant628 wrote:
That's right, I'm #1.

That's awesome dude, congrats!

[hello]

bmxjimp

quality posts: 39 Private Messages bmxjimp
adamant628 wrote:

That's right, I'm #1.

Cherish this fine gift. For many, maybe even most here, your #1 prize outshines the TV. Congratulations!

mgullick wrote:(Now we are left wondering who got headband #3000.......)

I got #2980. Close, but not quite there.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

When I'm not on Woot... Stack Overlap Web Design | Mealsite

argent32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages argent32

Does that mean the person with the #2 headband gets to challenge you to a fight for possession of the #1 Headband?

Afro-Samurai style!

cjmoran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cjmoran
dh4645 wrote:$8 for random crap?

what all would one get in a random crap bag?

i've never bought one or ever heard what people get.

Crap. I got useless Hannah Montana make your own video software...had to be used with some crap camera Disney sold. Couldn't even give it away. Worse $8 I ever spent. Makes me hesitant to even try again.

Rock

MatadorBID

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MatadorBID

This Bundle of Crops was my first!
I got what appears to be the common items of sweatbands, Fact or Crap, and the UV toothbrush sanitizer.

Two questions, though. I thought that we could only select quantity 1, is that true? If not, is it possible to get more than one of the same item?

bsmith1

quality posts: 154 Private Messages bsmith1
MatadorBID wrote:This Bundle of Crops was my first!
I got what appears to be the common items of sweatbands, Fact or Crap, and the UV toothbrush sanitizer.

Two questions, though. I thought that we could only select quantity 1, is that true? If not, is it possible to get more than one of the same item?

Nowadays, woot defaults everyone to 3 craps. Your receipt may show "you want 1 ... 3 Random Craps". Basically, everyone buys 1 3-pack of crap.
Anything is possible with the random crap. Yes, it is very possible to get more than one of the same item in your order. You should get at least 3 items and one bag of some kind. The items can be the same thing.

stuntdriver

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stuntdriver

Very awesome letter, you are truly #1 this round!

• Boughs of Craply 12/25/16
  • Bag o' Crap III 12/12/16
  • World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Bunker of Cabbage 4/26/12
  • Bunker of Cabbage 3/22/12
  • Bunker of Cabbage 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

thumperchick

quality posts: 260 Private Messages thumperchick

Well, that letter answered that those of us with the moofi crap had NO chance at the letter. Which is... crap.

I'm not hating your luck though - congrats! Really though, if you don't want the TV - I'll take it!

mgullick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgullick
cjmoran wrote:Crap. I got useless Hannah Montana make your own video software...had to be used with some crap camera Disney sold. Couldn't even give it away. Worse $8 I ever spent. Makes me hesitant to even try again.

Bwahahahahahahaha.... You should have seen the dreaded WOOKIE PURSE!

You aren't really spending the $8 for anything useful. It's billed as CRAP and that's mostly what you will get. My first Bindle of Carrots actually had around $300 worth of "stuff" in it. Granted, most of it was stuff I didn't have a use for but it was actually stuff that worked (except for one item that was totally broken in half). (My other bags of crap were exactly as advertised - pure CRAP!)

The fact that I GOT THE Bindle of Carrots at all was the big deal. You pay for the THRILL of GETTING the crap. You don't pay for the actual crap. Once in a while you get something pretty cool. My daughter loved the working Sansa I got in my first Bundle of Crops. One of her friends loved the leather iPhone cover I got in it as well. Sometimes you can actually score good crap (or at least you USED to be able to score some good crap). It seems to have gone downhill since the EVIL EMPIRE (amazon.com) bought out the RIGHTEOUS ORIGINAL WOOT! FOLKS. (Damn, there goes any infinitesimal chance I may have ever had at getting THE LETTER - Ok, TPW rocks but......).

Seriously though. It says right up front that it's crap. Why be disappointed when that's what you get?

WOOT! Birthday Bindle of Carrots 7/12/11
Bindle of Carrots 6/15/11
Random Crap 12/1/10
Random Crap 12/9/09

w00t!

barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
mgullick wrote:Bwahahahahahahaha.... You should have seen the dreaded WOOKIE PURSE!

You aren't really spending the $8 for anything useful. It's billed as CRAP and that's mostly what you will get. My first Bindle of Carrots actually had around $300 worth of "stuff" in it. Granted, most of it was stuff I didn't have a use for but it was actually stuff that worked (except for one item that was totally broken in half). (My other bags of crap were exactly as advertised - pure CRAP!)

The fact that I GOT THE Bindle of Carrots at all was the big deal. You pay for the THRILL of GETTING the crap. You don't pay for the actual crap. Once in a while you get something pretty cool. My daughter loved the working Sansa I got in my first Bundle of Crops. One of her friends loved the leather iPhone cover I got in it as well. Sometimes you can actually score good crap (or at least you USED to be able to score some good crap). It seems to have gone downhill since the EVIL EMPIRE (amazon.com) bought out the RIGHTEOUS ORIGINAL WOOT! FOLKS. (Damn, there goes any infinitesimal chance I may have ever had at getting THE LETTER - Ok, TPW rocks but......).

Seriously though. It says right up front that it's crap. Why be disappointed when that's what you get?

Nicely said. If I were "the powers that be", I'd give you a quality post. Unfortunately, I am just plain ol' me. But still, it's a very good post.

And yes, I survived the dreaded WOOKIE PURSE!
Hmm, that would make a nice T-shirt slogan.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 33 Private Messages CharlesP2009

Well this Random Crap was a bust for me, nothing really good. The only thing in my bundle I plan on keeping is the water bottle. Don't care for the headband and wrist bands and I already have a million tote bags. If I'm lucky I'll sell the toothbrush sanitizer for $5 at a yard sale or something. And it took 30 days to get here whatsmore!

Oh well, already scored another crap from Woot's birthday, hopefully it'll be better!

LarryLars

quality posts: 68 Private Messages LarryLars
CharlesP2009 wrote:Well this Random Crap was a bust for me, nothing really good....

Sent you a pm!

!
Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

ogreeley

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ogreeley
CharlesP2009 wrote:Well this Random Crap was a bust for me, nothing really good. The only thing in my bundle I plan on keeping is the water bottle. Don't care for the headband and wrist bands and I already have a million tote bags. If I'm lucky I'll sell the toothbrush sanitizer for $5 at a yard sale or something. And it took 30 days to get here whatsmore!

Oh well, already scored another crap from Woot's birthday, hopefully it'll be better!

Is there a thread for the Woot birthday crap? I just got shipping info...5.7 pounds. Hope it's good. I got a 20+ pound box once and it was full of steel buckets (with holes drilled in them)

barnabee

ogreeley wrote:Is there a thread for the Woot birthday crap? I just got shipping info...5.7 pounds. Hope it's good. I got a 20+ pound box once and it was full of steel buckets (with holes drilled in them)

Yep, you're lost. See that road over there? Ya need to go down there until you reach the July 12th Woot, which was the Kodak Wireless Printer.

Everyone's waiting for ya there!

bteeteriu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bteeteriu
ogreeley wrote:Is there a thread for the Woot birthday crap? I just got shipping info...5.7 pounds. Hope it's good. I got a 20+ pound box once and it was full of steel buckets (with holes drilled in them)

5.7 sounds more promising than mine. Just got the tracking as well... only 1.0...

barnabee

bteeteriu wrote:5.7 sounds more promising than mine. Just got the tracking as well... only 1.0...

You're lost too. And the 1.0 is probably a placeholder. Check again on it, at a later time.

adamant628

Any updates on who won the photo contest and what they got?

barnabee

adamant628 wrote:Any updates on who won the photo contest and what they got?

I haven't seen anything. BTW, congrats on your letter and being #1!

pmrbluepat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pmrbluepat

I just tracked my package and it has the weight at 48 lbs. Fingers crossed for an anvil...

BonoMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BonoMan

Just snuck the wrist/head bands into the background on a national commercial (turned to the side so you can't see the woot logo for obvious legal reasons)... Client could still veto it for a "july 4th" vibe, but lets hope they don't!

Unfortunately I can't show it until November, but they're there. :D

franknwin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages franknwin

Contents:

Logitech Speed Force Wireless Racing Wheel for Wii

Topsy Turvy Strawberry Planter

Fact or Crap game

Small Woot shirt with falcons

Black and white bag

Good haul overall, thanks woot!

stuntdriver

barnabee wrote:I haven't seen anything. BTW, congrats on your letter and being #1!

Have been wondering this since July 5th.

• Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Woot Birthday Bindle of Carrots arrived today, since there is no discussion for that one I'm assuming people will post here?

3.7 lbs

1 Black and White Polka Dot Bag

1 - Topsy Turvy Strawberry Planter

1 - Small Kids Size The Day the Ponies Come Back (2000).woot The Day the Ponies Come Back (2000).

1 - Kids Rub-N-Color Colve The Mystery Game Book kit

Looks like they are closing out the kids.woot warehouse with this one!

Thanks again Woot! All my 'crap' are already assigned to lucky gift receivers!!!

LarryLars

quality posts: 68 Private Messages LarryLars

For those looking for the Birthday Bundle of Crops, go to the Kodak Wireless All-in-One Printer thread:
url=http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4546852&PageIndex=32&ReplyCount=1635
link

Postings of crap received start on page 32 of that thread.

!
Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

maxman820

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maxman820

Topsy Turvy Strawberry planter

XM radio garbage pile.

silly tote bag

Smal girls shirt with fighting fish.

Crap.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks

keplar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages keplar

So when I received this bandoleer, it included a clearly refurbished iPod dock/speaker, which I didn't pay much attention to. The front of the packaging was torn up, the whole thing wrapped in tape, and it basically looked like somebody used it as a football. While cleaning up today, I decided I'd open it up and see what all was missing, and to my surprise, found that it was all in nearly perfect shape inside. The only things not still new in packaging were a couple of the cradle adapters, suggesting that somebody opened it, then realized it didn't fit their model, and returned it with destroyed outer packaging for some reason. Even the batteries for the remote were still there in their original shrink wrap.

I plugged it in, attached my iPod, and voila - worked beautifully. It's not a super high-end system or anything, but I think I scored here without realizing it. An $80 shelf unit in perfect condition for $3... can't complain. Thanks, Woot!

For anybody who cares, this is the unit received: http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Portable-Digital-Docking/dp/B000XVM22U

-Keplar

threepiecewoot

quality posts: 20 Private Messages threepiecewoot

That crappy watch went out today.

But more importantly, it looks like this was made today:

Woot Headband Photoset

Thanks everyone!

stuntdriver

threepiecewoot wrote:That crappy watch went out today.

Woot Headband Photoset

Thanks everyone!

AWESOME!!!!

So, only the one who gets the watch will know then that they are the one?

• Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08

barnabee

threepiecewoot wrote:That crappy watch went out today.

Woot Headband Photoset

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the photoset. I hope the lucky watch recipient will send us a pix of his prize.